• Published 28th Mar 2018
  • 640 Views, 6 Comments

Midnight and the Sonic Rainbooms - diamond doll



When Twilight Sparkle and her sisters are each left a necklace by their late father, they discover something truly outrageous!

  • ...
 6
 640

The Beginning: Part 2, I Write Music, Not Tragedies

Just in case you walked in late, allow me to reiterate:
The teenagers looked up to see a man in his mid 30's in the door way. He had light gray skin, a beard, and piercing blue eyes. "Twilight, I would just like to say that you all have my deepest sympathies."

"Thank you Mr. King." said Twilight. Her sisters nodded.


Sunset, Rainbow, Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Flash, and Twilight were all gathered in Twilight's bedroom, discussing how to fix the problems they had.

"The electrical wiring's shot." said Flash

"And the vacuum cleaner's had it." said Pinkie Pie

"What we need is money to fix this place up."

"Well," said Aunt Luna. "You're father always used to get money from Canterlot Records to keep things going."

"Well then, I guess I'm it."

Twilight got up from her seat and walked over to her closet, grabbing her favorite outfit.


And now... new stuff!!!!


(Canterlot Records, Canterlot. 2:15 PM)
Twilight stood outside the record company, wearing a pink and blue striped dress with a matching hat, pink heels, and a magenta sash around her waist. (1)

"Okay, Sparkle." Twilight said to herself. "You can do this. Just go in there and ask Storm King for the money."

She took a deep breath, smoothed out her dress, and walked in. "You can do this." she kept telling herself. "You can do this."

"You're name, miss?"

"You can do this."

"Miss?"

"You can do this."

"Miss!"

"Whoa!"

She bumped into the security guard. "Oh, sorry Shining Armor." she lifted her head to look the guard in the eye. "I-" she gasped. This guard was not Shining Armor. Rather than white skin with blue eyes and hair, this guy had a light yellow complexion with hair the color of denim.

"You're name, miss." he said annoyed.

"What the? Where's Shining Armor? He knows who I am."

"Mr. King fired him." the guard explained. "I'll have to clear you with his office."

He walked over to the phone and Twilight made her escape. "You do that!" she called as she got on the elevator.

"Hey!" he ran after her but thankfully, the door closed just in time.


"What was that about?" she asked herself. "Why would Storm King fire Shining Armor? He's the greatest guard there is." This was true. Shining Armor had been head of security for Canterlot Records ever since the company started. The man had been like an older brother to Twilight ever since.

"I'm sure it's nothing." she smiled. "Shining's probably on vacation or something. There's no way Storm King would fire him, right?"


Once the elevator dinged, Twilight got off to the top floor and made her way to the office door.

"May I help you?" asked a voice from her left.

"Huh?" Twilight turned and saw a receptions with skin as black as coal and hair as green as a swamp. She had her feet up on the desk as she painted her nails a beetle green.

"May I help you?" she asked again. Her eyes reminded Twilight of a cat's. Green and all.

"Oh. Um... Twilight Sparkle to see Mr. King. Where's Cadance?"

"I wouldn't know. Mr. King hired me just last week."

Twilight's eyes went wide. First Shining Armor, and now Cadance? The greatest babysitter a girl could have? What in the name of music was going on here?

'What's next,' she thought. 'I stop an eternal night?'

She shook her head as she walked right by the oblivious receptionist. Right when she was about to open the door, she tripped.

"GAH!" Twilight fell to the floor.

"Oh yeah. Careful." the receptionist said completely oblivious to the fact twilight had walked right past her.

"What was that?" the teen asked herself. She looked around and spotted a familiar silver name plate on the floor. She picked it up in shock.

"'Sombra Shadows.'" she read. "Why is Dad's name plate on the-" she gasped as she looked up at the door. In place of her father's name plate, was a bigger golden one that read STORM KING.

"That tears it." Twilight said to herself. Putting her father's name plate in her bag, she got up and opened the door.

"Hey!" Called the receptionist. "You can't go in there!"

Twilight walked in anyways.


When she walked into the familiar office, she saw the same man who had given his sympathies at the funeral.

"Making yourself at home in my father's office, Mr. King?" she asked sarcastically.

The man turned around. "Twilight, darling." he said. "What a surprise. What are you doing here?"

"I need money for Golden Oaks." she pressed.

He laughed. "Well this is a business Twilight. Not a charity."

"Father left half of the company to me."

He sighed. "Twilight, darling. You're just a kid. I'm running the company now." He turned to the big window. "Power. Control. These are the only things worth seeking in this world. And I'm planning to turn Canterlot Records into the most powerful recording company in the country. But to do that, I need fresh blood.... LIKE THE DAZZLINGS!!!!!!!!!!"

He pointed to the door and as if on cue, three girls came riding in on guitar shaped motorbikes.

"ADAGIO DAZZLE!" The first girl had light yellow skin, brilliant raspberry eyes and poofy orange and yellow hair that could give Pinkie Pie a run for her money. She wore a purple bustier and shorts combo underneath a lavender jacket, a solid gold spiked belt with a diamond in the center, violet tights with darker violet triangles, and purple boots.

"ARIA BLAZE!" The next girl had the same skin and eyes as Twilight. Her purple and aqua hair was in pigtails and she wore a white shirt underneath a green jacket with ripped sleeves, magenta pants, and dark purple boots. Her accessories consisted of three purple bracelets on each wrist, a purple belt with a silver star buckle, and silver star clips in her hair.

"AND SONATA DUSK!" The last girl had powder blue skin and bright pink eyes. She had long blue hair in a ponytail and wore a magenta band leader jacket with platinum buckles, a pink skirt, and pink sneaker boots.

The three girls laughed as they rolled into the room. "Hey Storm King," said Adagio. "Like our new toys?"

"They'll look great in your next photo session." he smiled.

"Get those monstrosities out of my father's office! And the motorbikes too!"

"It's my office now."

"Who is this twerp?" The orange-head demanded.

"I'm not a twerp. I'm Twilight Sparkle and I own half this company."

"So what?" asked Aria "We're the Dazzlings."

They closed in on Twilight with their bikes.

"Yeah." said Sonata. "You can't tell us what to do."

"Stay out of my way, or else!" Adagio threatened.

"Or else what?" Twilight was unimpressed.

"Are we gonna have a problem?" Adagio asked. "You've got a bone to pick?" she glared. "I don't even know you yet somehow you've managed to make me sick."

"Hey!" Twilight said offended.

"Now normally I'd slap your face off, and everyone here could watch. But I'm feeling nice here's some advice listen up you little splotch. Hit it!"

All of a sudden music started and the three started circling Twilight with their bikes, knocking her to the floor. When she came to, she saw them heading towards her!

("Candy Store" from Heathers plays)
Aria and Sonata smirked. ๐†‘โ™ชI like!๐†‘โ™ช

๐„žLookin' hot, buyin' stuff you cannot.๐„ž Adagio sang

๐†‘โ™ชI like!๐†‘โ™ช

๐„žSpendin' hard, maxin' Dad's credit cards.๐„ž

๐†‘โ™ชI like!๐†‘โ™ช

๐„žSkippin' gym, scarin' her, doin' him.๐„ž

๐†‘โ™ชI like!๐†‘โ™ช

๐„žKiller clothes.๐„ž

๐†‘๐„žโ™ชKickin' nerds in the nose!๐†‘๐„žโ™ช and that's exactly what they did to Twilight.

When she regained her stance, she noticed that the office had somehow become empty except for two bumper cars, one of which she was in. Suddenly, Adagio appeared out of thin air and hopped into the other one.

๐„žIf you like to crawl, you can go play dolls.๐„ž Adagio's car started speeding up. ๐„žLet your mommy fix you a snack.๐„ž

๐†‘๐„žโ™ชWOAH-OH-OH!๐†‘๐„žโ™ช Twilight was knocked out of her cart by Adagio and was shot into the air.

๐„žOr you could just leave, cause plainly you see, I'm bound to win and was born to succeed!(2)๐„ž When Twilight landed she found herself on a carousel. Or rather, in the brass ring of one! And just her luck, the Dazzlings were riding and wanted her as the prize!

๐†‘Woah-oh-oh!๐†‘ Aria missed.

๐„žWoah-oh-oh!๐„ž Adagio missed

โ™ชWOAH-OH-OH!โ™ช Sonata managed to grab the ring, causing Twilight to fall once more. She landed on a stack of bottles and saw Sonata ready with a baseball that had Adagio's face on it.

โ™ชHoney watcha waitin' for-or?โ™ช she asked. โ™ชWelcome to my Candy Store!โ™ช she took aim. โ™ชTime for somebody to show you the door! So step outta my Candy Store!โ™ช And she fired! The ball knocked the bottle and Twilight all down.

This time, Twilight landed on a seat, much to her relief. That is, until she realized she was in the middle of a boxing ring! Speaking of which, the bell rang and the boxer turned around, revealing themselves to be none other than Adagio!
Said Dazzling made her way towards a target that stood in the center of the ring, right in front of Twilight.

๐„žYou can watch our team๐„ž she punched the target and poor Twilight was once again dropped, this time into a dunk tank! She wailed as she crash landed into a bucket of water. Once she swam to the top, she peaked her head out and saw the Dazzlings were once again on their motorbikes, the force from them threatening to knock the bucket over.

๐†‘โ™ชWhile you can cry and moan.๐†‘โ™ช sang Aria and Sonata as their bikes knocked down the bucket. It tipped with a big splash and Twilight found herself within one of the soap bubbles. The bubble flew with the water from the bucket, creating a giant wave, which the Dazzlings just happened to be surfing on.

๐„žWe'll be livin' the dream,๐„ž sang Adagio.

๐†‘โ™ชAs you die alone!๐†‘โ™ช

The force from their surfboards caused the bubble to pop and Twilight fell once more. Now she found herself on a test your strength platform, and Aria was heading towards her with a mallet!

๐†‘We'll be flyin' with eagles,๐†‘ Aria slammed the mallet down and Twilight realized she wasn't just on the platform, she was attached to it! She went higher and higher until she flew past the bell.

๐„žOr if you prefer,๐„ž Adagio said. ๐„žKeep on testing me๐„ž

๐†‘๐„žโ™ชAnd end up done for!๐†‘๐„žโ™ช

The Dazzlings laughed as Twilight landed for the final time in a nice and cozy chair.

Adagio smirked as she started her solo. ๐„žWoah-๐„ž

Aria cut in. ๐†‘WOAH OH OH OH OH! Honey watcha waiting for-๐†‘

"SHUT UP ARIA!" Adagio screamed. She quickly regained her grace. ๐„žWELCOME TO MY CANDY STOOOOOORE!๐„ž

๐†‘๐„žโ™ชTime for somebody to show you the door! And step outta my Candy Store!๐†‘๐„žโ™ช

Twilight's eyes widened as she realized they were in the door way and coming closer to her!

๐†‘๐„žโ™ชIt's my Candy Store, it's my candy. It's my Candy Store, it's my candy. It's my Candy Store,๐†‘๐„žโ™ช

They were now smirking at Twilight as Adagio pulled a lever and sent the poor girl through a trap door.

๐†‘๐„žโ™ชIt's my Candy Store-OOOOORE!๐†‘๐„žโ™ช Adagio took a seat on the chair.
("Candy Store" ends)


When Twilight opened her eyes after being plunged through the trap door, she found herself back in Canterlot Records! For a moment she thought the whole thing was in her head, until she saw Adagio sitting on a chair across from the desk.

"Now," said Storm King. "I've arranged a 'Battle of the Bands' in the park, tomorrow."

"And we're gonna win." said Adagio as if they already had.

"Cause Storm King made sure the other bands are so lousy," said Aria. "We'll sound terrific!"

"But we sound terrific anyways." Adagio smirked. "Don't we, Sonata?" she elbowed the girl in question had been sleeping with her eyes open and woke up by an elbow to the stomach from Adagio.

"H-hey." she stuttered. "We're the best!"

Twilight growled and slammed her hands on the desk. "How dare you use my father's company to promote this-this trash!"

Adagio didn't take this lightly. "Who're you calling trash, you little-" She raised a fist and Storm King immediately shot up from his desk and got between the two girls.

"Now now," he said. "Let's not spill blood on my carpets. They're not insured." he looked to Twilight. "Twilight, darling. I'm in charge now and there's nothing you can do about it. That is unless, you want to perform at the Battle of the Bands and win the prize money?"

"W-what? No! I couldn't! I-I can't!" her eyes started welling up with tears as her face flushed red. (3)

"Look at that!" Aria laughed. "Little Miss Know-It-All has stage fright!"

"Just as I thought." Storm King shook his head. "I'm sorry Twilight. But I write music, darling. Not tragedies." (4)

"I... I..." she shook her head. "We'll see if I can't do anything!" she called. "Storm, darling." she ran out and slammed the door.


(Golden Oaks, Canterlot. 5:22 pm)
BOOM! CRACKKOWWW!
The rain poured hard as the thunder and lightning roared. The news reported a storm.

After an hour, Twilight finally made it home, tears still in her eyes. She sighed as she looked in her vanity mirror. "I can't believe him!" she said finally. "Using my stage fright against me." she choked and started sobbing. "Oh god." she managed to say. She sobbed as she dried the rain out of her hair and wiped her makeup off.

A knock at the door told her someone was there. "It's *hic* open." she choked out.

The door opened to reveal Sunset Shimmer. "You okay?" she asked her big sister. "You freaking out?"

"...Pretty much."

Sunset frowned as she flopped on her bed. "Tell me what happened."

Twilight sighed again and told her sister all about what happened at the record company. How Storm King used Twilight's stage fright against her and how he refused to give her the money unless she performed at the Battle of the Bands. By this time, the rest of the girls came in. "I am not gonna let Storm King get away with ruining our father's music company."

"But what can we do by tomorrow?" asked Rainbow Dash

The girls shrugged.

"We'll think of something." Sunset said hugging Twilight. "We always do." Twilight smiled at this and returned the hug. Sunset was the youngest out of all of them, being only 14 while Twilight, Applejack, and Fluttershy were 16 and Rainbow, Pinkie, and Rarity were 15. But even though she was young, she was extremely smart. She always knew what to do.

"Oh! Twilight I forgot," said Sunset breaking the hug. "This came while you were out today." she pointed to a little package wrapped in pink on the vanity. On it was a tag that read TWILIGHT.

Smiling, Twilight removed the small ribbon and wrapping paper from the package and opened it. "Oh, what beautiful earrings!" In the box were a pair of hot pink starburst earrings with eight points. "I love them!"

Rarity took a closer look, sewing glasses on, and gasped. "They have real tanzanites in them! Your birthstone!" (5)

"Wonder who sent 'em?" asked Applejack.

Fluttershy giggled. "I'll bet it was Flash."

"Well one thing's for sure. Whoever sent them sure has good taste." teased Pinkie.

The girls laughed as Twilight smiled sadly. "Thanks for cheering me up, girls. I think I'm gonna go sit in the studio, okay?"

Her sisters nodded and she left the room, earring box in hand.


On the other side of the house, Twilight sighed as she took a seat on the couch in the house's recording studio and placed the earrings on the table next to her.

BOOMMM! CRACKKOWWW!

She looked to her right and spotted a purple acoustic guitar. Feeling the tears come back to her eyes, she picked it up and started to play. โ™ฉEveryone's like glitter. Shining bright, bathed in light. All true and real. Made for this.โ™ฉ she sang softly. โ™ฉWhat I am thinking is unknowable. What I have is buried. Locked deep and dark, got to find the key. Just have to breathe. Breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe, breeeeeeeathโ€•โ™ฉ

KRAKOOWWBOOM!

"โ€•AHHHH!" she screamed as the thunder startled her. She sighed and put a hand to her heart as she realized it was only the weather. A soft purple glow caught her eye and she turned. And she gasped.

"Twilight Sparkle," said a woman who had just appeared in the room. "I have come for you."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Author's Note:

Woo! Part 2 is done! Haha! I hope you all like it!

Next chapter: Over the Rainbow

Numbers:
(1) All the other Equestria Girls wear their own outfits from the movie. Meanwhile Twilight is wearing Jerrica's from the first five Jem episodes. I decided that the outfit was perfect for her! Plus I don't think Twilight's actual outfit would fit in with this.
(2) This a reference to the song "Congratulations" which is sung by the Misfits in the show
(3) In the movie and the comics, we see that Jerrica Benton has stage fright, in those cases, that's what lead to Jem in the first place. In the movie, she hated being on camera and in the comics, she couldn't sing without choking and kept cancelling a video shoot she and the soon to be Holograms were doing. I remembered that Twilight seemed to have a tiny bit of stage fright in Rainbow Rocks and Sci-Twi did in Friendship Games. So I combined it all into this Twilight.
(4) Both this and the chapter title are a reference to the song "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic At The Disco. I love the song and I thought the title would serve well here, and i was right.
(5) Since we don't really know any specific birth dates for the characters, I'll be using the air dates of episodes with birthday parties in them. For example: Sweet and Elite aired on December 3rd and they had a birthday party for Twilight in that episode. So, assuming that they celebrated on her actual birthday, that would make her birthstone a tanzanite. Besides, Twilight just trikes me as a December baby.

Comments ( 2 )

8827602
โ€ฆ.its jem and the holograms aint it?

When the next page

Login or register to comment