• Published 7th Mar 2018
  • 658 Views, 5 Comments

Into The Track Verse - Fast Track



When a magic artifact is shattered, it's remains scattered across time & space, it's takes a group of brave heroes to take on this challenge. But instead we've got these guys: the Tracks of the worlds. Based on the stories from MARVEL's Spider-Verse!

  • ...
 5
 658

Section 2 - Chapter 2: You've Got A Train To Catch

Taking place in Noir Track's Universe

We find ourselves at the far east docks of Fillydelphia as the twilight gleams over the water and the stars in the night begin to shine in the noir city. It was low tide at the docks as the water was calm after a rain shower passed early in the day. The buildings of wood and brick around the bay were covered in streaks of water on their walls while the concrete ground held various puddles of water with nests of rats scurrying across gritty sidewalks. To the east, there were the sounds of waving waters, splashing atop the shore and the boats parked on the dock. To the far west, the inner town became more quiet as the city started to fall asleep. The sound of steam whistles could be heard in the distance as well, where the train yard was shipping out it's late night cargo. From atop the rooftops of the bay side buildings, a familiar face in his signature hat, goggles, & trench coat could be seen trotting along rained on structures heading towards the docks.

"A good ole night on the waterfront" Noir Track says as he makes his way to the pier. "My favorite place to go every summer whenever I needed a cool-down from the heat, or a place to relax when I'm feelin' joed." Noir looks around the roof of the buildings gazing at the shimmering waters of the bay, enjoying it's beauty in the night. "Lot's of my childhood memories made here; fishing, swimming, and riding the sails on the juicy waves."

"I see, you have very fond memories of this place, if I'm not mistaken?" Celestia's voice said to Noir Track.

"You know it right, Celestia." Noir said calmly to Celestia. After a few moments of reminiscing of his good times at the waterfront, Noir Track's mood shifted to a more sour tone in voice, "Now this pier is one of the main stops for this city's crime network. From trafficking to weapons dealings, it's no place for anymore fond memories." Noir stops at the edge of a building that was closest to the pier and starts to look around, "A tip from my voice on the inside, Abercrombie brought me to this place, now I just to find out what's going down?"

From just nearby Noir Track's position, a random voice was heard, "Whoa, it's slippin'!" Then the sound of a sudden crash got Noir's Track attention. He followed the sound to corner of the roof and peered down to see 2 goons and a pick up truck loaded with an assortment of boxes and crates. One of the stallions had just dropped a small wooden crate, letting the top break off. "Hey, Hatchet, look at this." he said to his partner.

Noir suddenly had a weird feeling in his head, to him that could only mean one thing. "Well, looks like my favorite intel swinger was onto somethin'." He looked at the dropped crate to see a fragment of the Amulet of Harmony & Discord sitting in a foam sponge mold inside the box. "Just what I was lookin' for."

As Noir looked at the crate another stallion picked it up with his unicorn magic to examine what was inside "It's nothing more than a tiny, broken hunka rock? What's all the extra protection for?"

From nearby the pickup truck carrying the cargo, a loud gun shot was heard that caused the goons to shake and turn and for Noir to duck down. A female voice was heard after the shot was fired. "Oh, I'm sorry. Is the boss payin' you to ask questions now?" She said with a menacing tone getting the goons to be silent.

"Uh, n-no, Ms. Idea..." One of the stallions said nervously as to not upset her.

"Ms. Idea?..." Noir Track thought to himself as he peered over the balcony to see who fired the gun. Walking towards the goons was a snazzy suited female unicorn levitating a Thompson submachine gun with her magic and bared a yellow lit light bulb cutiemark with a white cursor arrow on it (The only color that showed on her body). It suddenly hit Noir Track who the mare was, "Ah snap, it's Bright Idea."

The mare in the suit walked toward the pair of goons with her gun still levitating. "Then shut yer traps!" she snapped at them, "Our sources says Noir Track is searching for these weird lookin' jewel pieces after that stunt he pulled back at the Ponyville train station. And the big boss wants all measures taken to make sure he doesn't get his hooves on this one."

"How flattering." Noir said sarcastically

"We're taking that beaten jewel and the rest of the cargo to the train yard, then taking the train upstate to deliver the goods to the boss." Bright Idea turned and walked back towards the truck, "Now load it in and let's get movin'!" The two ponies placed the crate with fragment on the back of the truck, got inside and started the engine.

Celestia's voice is heard in Noir Track's head, "Noir Track, you must stop them from getting away with that amulet fragment."

"I'm on it, your highness." As the truck started to make it's way exiting the waterfront, Noir started tailing them from the rooftops. As the truck started gaining speed. he then leaped off the roof of the building landing on the back of the moving truck to try and retrieve the crate with jewel.

The sudden bump from him landing on the truck caught the attention of the passengers as they looked to see what the commotion was. The first stallion goon at the wheel yelled out, "It's him!"

The other stallion also cried out, "It's Noir Track!"

As the commotion was going on, Bright Idea yelled to the stallion riding shotgun, "Then stop gawkin' and start throwin' lead!"

The second stallion took out his Browning Superposed shotgun and fired couple of rounds at Noir. The first shot got Noir Track's attention, as tried he tried to duck around to the side of the moving truck to stay clear of the blasts. The stallion at the wheel saw where Noir was in his side mirror. "I see Noir, he's on my side now!" The driver started picking up speed to loosen Noir Track's grip from the side. As they came across the turn to the train yard, the driver tried drifting the turn at top speeds to try and shake him off causing the other goon to fall back in his seat from the momentum. After the turn, they checked the back again, Noir was nowhere to be found. "I think we lost 'im, Ms. Idea." he said reassuringly.

The truck came to a stop at the entrance to the train yard. Bright Idea got out and using her unicorn magic, picked up the small crate in the back carrying the amulet fragment. "Keep your eyes peeled, boys." She instructed the goons as she looked throughout the area, "If you broncos see anything out of the ordinary, you know the drill: shoot first, ask questions NEVER! We're not takin' any chances, read me?"

"Loud 'n' clear, Ms. Idea." one of the goons said as he got hold of the other cargo with his hooves and back.

While the stallions were unloading the cargo for Bright, from just along the truck's undercarriage was Noir Track hanging for dear life on the trucks belly, where he has been hiding to avoid the sights of the driver, the gunner, and Bright Idea so they would take him right where they were heading. As he hugged the belly of the truck he could hear and watch the ponies going about as he hanged upside down. Princess Celestia's voice is heard in Noir Track's head, "Very clever fooling the driver into thinking you fell off the last turn a few miles back. Now Noir Track, you must get back the amulet fragment."

"You got it, your highness." he whispered to Celestia. Noir Track gently climbed out the underside of the truck to find himself at the South entrance gate of the Fillydelphia train-yard, the grounds overrun with giant steam engines and large train carts, with miles and miles of interchanging train tracks. From just a ways away, Noir could see the two stallions and Bright Idea walking towards the entrance gate, with the gate surrounded by other guards standing armed. While minding his distance, Noir sneaked along side the parked train carts to eavesdrop on Bright Idea and the other ponies. "Let's see what this new cinder dick can listen in on."

As Bright Idea walked along the path to the entrance, she was greeted by another mare, "Welcome, Ms. Idea. We've got everything set up for ya..."

"Save it, Montana. No time for gab." Bright interrupted, as she was in a hurry to get going with the fragment she has. "I got a real important delivery for our boss."

"That's right, Bright. And I'm gonna follow you right to 'im" Noir Track thought to himself as he sneaked his way through the yard. He glanced at his surrounding, noticing groups of ponies guarding the gates and building entrances very tightly with spotlights over them. "Hmm, too many Tommy guns for my tastes. Better hug the shadows for now, 'less I want to get filled fulla holes!"

From the other side of the train carts, Bright Idea could be heard barking orders at the pony guards. "Montana, you're with me. We got business to discuss."

"Of coarse, Ms. Idea." Montana responded to Bright.

Bright Idea turns to one of her henchponies who came with her, "Hatchet, you've got the extra juice packin', so you're watching my back while we're on the move. Savvy?"

"Yes, Ms. Idea." Hatchet responded to Bright.

Bright Idea turns to the other henchpony, "And Ox..."

"Yes, Ms. Idea?" He asked.

"...Stand there and look stupid. From what I can see, you've had a lot of practice." Bright, Montana, and Hatchet start trotting along through the entrance gate into the yard leaving Ox behind to stand guard of the gate. As they walk away, Bright Idea gets their attention, "Alright my little ponies, listen up! We've got ourselves a very special delivery for the boss up in Manehattan, so special that it even got the attention of hitlist target number one; Noir Track. If he's still suckin' air, I want to be ready if he finds us..."

As Bright and the gang enter the yard, the other armed ponies at the buildings and gates started following her as well, leaving the lone guard Ox to stand in and watch as he angrily mutters to himself, "Hmf! 'Stand there and look stupid' she says! Why I otta...!" As he talks, he starts pacing around the gate in frustration. "Last time I checked Bright, I was the one who left Noir in the dust back there. He's probably road kill by now."

"Are you sure about that?" A familiar sounding voice said from behind the bumbling pony.

"What the hay!" Ox said in surprise as he turned around and noticed an uncanny silhouette in the shadows. "HEY!" he screamed out. In that instance, Ox was sucker punched to the muzzle hard enough to knock him out and down to the ground.

From just along the entrance gate inside one of the nearby buildings, a lone guard pony heard the commotion coming from outside. He peered through the window to see Ox now out cold on the gravel. "Oh man! What the hey just happened?" he said in surprise. The pony reached for his nearby walkie-talkie to get hold of Bright Idea. He turned it on and spoke into the speaker, "Ms. Idea, Ms. Bright Idea, this is Packset. Do you read me?..."

*****

From within the deeper parts of the train-yard, Bright Idea and her small crew were walking northbound along the tracks until Packset's sudden call caught their attention. Bright Idea, pulled out her walkie-talkie with her magic and answered, "This is Bright, what's the commotion Packset?"

Montana and Hatchet joined Bright's side as they listened in on Packset's muffled voice through the speaker, "One of your stallions at the South gate, I heard some noise outside of my booth, and when I looked outside the window he was out cold."

"Ox! You are a real curve!" Bright Idea angrily muttered to herself! Then she but her voice back to her speaker, "Packset, did you see anyone else out there near the gate? Anyone familiar?" Bright Idea and her side ponies waited for a few seconds for a response from Packset, but there was no response from him. "Packset, I'm asking you did you see anything else?!..." Still no answer from Bright's walkie-talkie. "Packset, what's wrong? Do you have cider in your ears?!"

"Sorry Ms. Idea, but Packset is a bit out of commission at the moment. But I'd be happy to relay a message." Said a familiar voice from the walkie-talkie.

"Noir!" Bright Idea exclaimed in rage.

"That's right, Bright. I'm still suckin' air." Noir Track bolstered, "Now listen carefully, Bright. You've got something that doesn't belong to you. Well, you know, other than all of that other illegal stuff your boys got packed on those trains. Now I'm going to make this really simple for you. Gimme that shiny gem you got in that crate, and I'll leave you and the rest of your stupid goons alone. And if you don't, I'll be sure to knock your lights out! Whatcha say?"

In a fit of rage, Bright Idea tossed her walkie-talkie into air and shot it repeatedly with her Tommy gun until it broke into pieces, all the while screaming in a fit. "That low-life, gutter-swimming, dirty-eyed..." Bright Idea took a few seconds to breathe and calm herself. She turned around to face the other ponies accompanying her. "Change of plans, everypony. We've got trouble, and his name is Noir Track. He's comin' for us, so we have to be ready for when he catches up to us. Montana, get one of the other stallions to help you bring the goods to the next train, ASAP! But leave the gem with me. If Noir's lookin' for it, then I want it with me."

"Yes, Ms. Idea." Montana answered as she left with the other boxes.

"Hatchet, do we still have one of the train engineers captives?"

"Yes, Ms. Idea." Hatchet answered, "She's being held at the building at the North gate."

"Perfect, we're going to need her for when Noir gets here. Because I've just got myself a... Bright Idea!"

*****

A few minutes passed as Noir Track made his way northbound through the train yard to find Bright Idea and the amulet fragment. While he was searching the yard, Princess Celestia's voice could be heard in his head. "Noir, any readings of the fragment's whereabouts from your 'Track Sense' yet?"

"First off: Yes, I'm getting quite a feeling coming from this direction your majesty." Noir Track replied. "Second: Really, 'Track Sense'? Who calls it that?"

"You'd be surprised." The princess said with a hint of sass in her voice. "What I mean is that if this is the way to where the fragment shard is, wouldn't there more guards in this direction? You haven't seen any since the two henchponies you've beaten at the South gate. Just be on your guard for anything suspicious."

"Of coarse your highness." As Noir found his way to the North entrance gate, he heard some banter coming from around a building. "What in the world is that?" he thought in confusion. It was roughly in the same direction of where he was sensing the gem shard, so he decided to take a look. He peeked around the corner and saw what appeared to be a mare in a conductor's uniform with her mouth duct taped and her body tied down to the train tracks with one of Bright's stallion guards holding a gun at her. "Well that's no way to treat a mare."

As the conductor pony attempts to unbind herself from the tracks, the stallion guard shouts at her, "Oi! I thought I told you to stop your squirming. If you don't sit still, then I'll make ya!" He used his unicorn magic and pointed his pistol at the mare as the muffled sounds of her screams leaked through the duct tape. As the guard was staring her down, he felt a sudden poke on his back. "Huh?... What?" The lone guard looked behind him to see Noir with a long piece of a 2x4 wooden beam wound up behind his shoulder. Before he could react, he took a hard whack to the head was out cold as the beam broke into two.

"Well somepony had to knock some sense into you, treating a mare like that." Noir Track said after the guard was knocked to the ground. The conductor pony continues to shake her head and body as she sees all that happens in front of her. "Alrighty then miss, let's get you free." Noir Track leans in to take the tape off the conductor's mouth, but she begins to shake more frantically as he comes in closer. "Whoa, look doll, it's OK, I'm trying to help you out o'ere!"

Noir Track rips the tape off the conductor's mouth in one swipe, allowing her to be able to speak. "OW!... IT'S A TRAP!"

Suddenly, without warning, giant area lights shined bright white light over where Noir and the conductor were. They were completely exposed. Surrounding them was an entire band of armed guards with their sights and pistols on Noir, ready to fire if he makes a run for it. From atop of a suspended walkway stood Bright Idea. "Well, well, well, looks like Noir Track has the spotlight!" She starts laughing maniacally at her own pun as the other guards join in.

"Bright Idea, you rotten mook!" Noir yelled, "You got a lot of nerve putting innocent lives at risk! And for what, just to get to me?!"

"Oh don't be like that Noir, you knew this was coming. You been a thorn in my side for far too long, now my men and I have you surrounded." As Bright boasters towards Noir, she has the small crate which held the amulet fragment over to her side, then proceeds to open the box. "It's a shame you came all this way to bite the dust, for some tiny broken jewel. What's so special about it anyways?"

"Wait!" Noir tries to make a run for the stairs to the suspended bridge, but was stopped by the sound of the surrounding guards firing off warning shots at Noir hooves. Noir steps back and directs his attention back to Bright Idea. "Bright don't be messing around with that thing. It ain't no ordinary piece of jewelery, I need it!"

Bright Idea then uses her magic to float the piece out of its box, "Sorry Noir, but this belongs to me now!" Bright Idea grabs the fragment with her hoof. As soon as Bright grabs the piece, a sudden glow begins to radiate from the inside. Then bright streaks of light burst from her hoof. "What the hay?!" Then suddenly, Bright Idea's entire body was engulfed by a violet light. Bright Idea let out a chilling scream as the chaotic magic of the amulet shard took over as Noir Track and the surrounding guards could only watch in horror.

"Bright, get outta there!" Noir Track yelled with panic in his voice. "You need to put down the jewel, now!" He looked up above hoping his words were heard amongst the chaos, but to no avail.

After a few seconds of the comotion, the light of the magic dispersed into the air leaving Bright Idea visible again. Her entire body seemed to emit its own glow. The magic of the amulet changed Bright Idea's skin and clothes into bright glowing white. "I can feel the power." Bright said slow and softly as she trembled on the railing of the suspended walkway. "I can hear the power!" Bright Idea opened her eyes, having the striking look of one with vein coursing power. Her eyes began to emit a purple, misty aura. The sclera in her eyes changed to black. "I have seen... the light! Ha-ha, ha-ha!" Bright laughs uncontrollably at her own pun, with each chuckle showing signs that she was losing her grasp on reality.

"It is too late!" Celestia's voice is heard in Noir Track's head with heavy worry, "Her mind and body have been corrupted by the gem, that's no longer the Bright Idea you once knew. Be prepared for anything."

The surrounding trainyard guards didn't know what to do as their boss was literally gleaming with power. One spoke up, "Wow boss, you're very bright!"

"HEY!" Bright idea snapped at the henchpony below with her bright white hoof pointing at him, "I do the puns 'round here!" Just as she raised her hoof to the stallion's general direction, a bright beam of white was shot at the crowd. It barely missed the out-of-turn spoken pony and burned a hole through a train cart behind him. "Ooh, I like that a lot." Bright said gazing at her newfound powers.

"Oh man, I don't get paid enough for this!" Another henchpony said in utter disbelief of what he just saw. "I'm getting outta here before I'm well done!"

"Same here, I do not want to get turned extra crispy!" The guards dropped their pistols and left the trainyard towards the North gate exit.

"Cowards! What do I pay ya for, eh?" she screamed at the top of her lungs as all of her henchponies fled the tracks, "Fine by me, I don't need you goons anyhow. I'm now a one mare army!" She looked back down at Noir Track, carrying the captured conductor to safety. "Where do ya think you're going, Noir?" She hopped over the bridges railing and landed onto the ground, having no problems with fall. "We' were just gettin' started.l"

"Get to cover, I'll handle this." Noir told the conductor. She made her way around a building to leading to the North gate while Noir stayed behind. "Okay Noir, you're about to fight a big deal crime boss who can now shoot beams of smoldering hot light from her body. This should be interesting."

Bright Idea marveled at her new form and at the jewel, "I can see why you were so interested in this tiny hunka rock, Noir. It speaks to me, like some sorta dame whispering in yer ear. Now I don't swing that way, but I kinda like it. I think I'll be keepin it. My boss won't be able to call the shots anymore when I have this with me. First, I'll get rida you. Then, I'll get rida the Wolf! I'll own this town!" Bright Idea raised her front hoof to point at Noir, a series of rapid fire beams shot at him like bullets from a tommy.

"Sweet Celestia!" Noir Track barely missed the shots as he dodged and ducked behind a large pickup truck. Noir took a sigh of relief, but then felt a weird burning sensation coming from his lower back. He turned his head to find that Bright Idea had shot holes through his trenchcoat, and they were burning away at his coat. "Gosh darn it!" Noir quickly took off his coat before it got to his fur coat. "That was the only good one. Hey Bright, you owe me a new coat, ya walkin' lightshow!"

"Don't worry, I'll get you something nice to wear... at your funeral!" Bright Idea let out a chuckle as she closed in on Noir while he hid behind the truck. In frustration, Noir Track threw his coat up & over the roof of the vehicle. "Aha!" Bright noticed the coat thinking it was Noir trying to make a move and fired another light beam hitting the coat and the top truck.

The entire roof of the front of the truck was cut off as it flipped over in front of Noir Track, its frames smoldering from the heat. Noir thought to himself, "Oh no, that's going to be me if I don't think of something right now." Noir could see the white glow around the truck getting closer and brighter, he had to act fast. Noir was then caught off guard by a glare shining in his eye. "What is that?" He then looked back at the blown up roof of the truck and saw a large rear-view mirror sticking up from it shining the light from Bright Idea into his face. That gave him an idea.

Bright Idea continued to walk towards the truck, waiting to catch Noir and have him blasted apart with her new chaotic powers. Her grip still holding tight to the amulet fragment. "Come on out Noir! What's the matter? Afraid of the light!" Bright Idea started laughing as she kept walking forward. Then Noir Track lept from the side of the vehicle putting himself out in the open for Bright Idea to spot him. Bright idea pointed her front hoof at Noir as he was sprinting off, "Eat light, Track!" she yelled as she fired. Noir Track then turned his body to reveal he had broken off the rear-view mirror from the ceiling of the truck. He held the mirror in front of him, letting the light ricochet off the mirror and back at Bright Idea. In that moment, the beam struck Bright Idea directly in her face. "AAHHH! MY EYES! MY EYES!!!" Bright Idea dropped down to the ground on her knees screaming in pain. She placed both of her hooves around her burned eyes, letting go of the amulet fragment as she did.

Noir noticed the fragment fall in front of Bright as she was screaming, and he made sprint towards the piece while it was in the open. He snatched the fragment off the ground with his hoof and then yelled, "Now, your highness!" The amulet fragment then disappeared from Noir's grasp.

"It is done." Celestia responded through Noir Track's thoughts. "The amulet fragment has been safely returned back to me in my reality."

As the amulet was returned, the chaotic magic which had consumed Bright Idea's body had vanished too as Bright's skin and clothes returned to normal. She remained on her knees crying and holding her face. Noir Track turned around and noticed the crying. He slowly made his way towards Bright Idea. He reached for her shoulder and asked, "Bright, are you OK?"

"YOU!" Bright Idea frantically turned around and tried to grab Noir. Noir stepped back as she fell back on her knees. "No I am not OK! You took away my new powers, I coulda been the new topdog with those! And you made that light beam hit me right in the face roast my eyes! I can't see! I CAN'T SEE!!!" Bright Idea continues to cry in agony.

Noir Track then picked up Bright Idea by the suit. "You may be blind, but you may still be useful to me. Now tell me, where were you planning on sending that fragment and other stuff to?" Bright Idea did nothing, didn't say a word. Noir only got more angry. "Talk Bright! I need to find those other jewel fragments before the rest of your boss's gang finds them! And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to learn that one of his top street generals was planning to betray him. Now spill!"

Bright Idea started laughing as her body was being suspended like a puppet, "Sure thing, Track. Anything for an old friend."

"We are not friends! Not anymore. Now talk!"

*****

A few hours pass as Noir leaves Bright Idea tied down to the train tracks as she had done to the previously captured conductor leaving her for the police to take her in. All the while, Noir and the now free conductor take a ride on one of the steam engines heading North. "Thank you again for getting me outta there. If you ask me, she had it comin' to her!" the conductor said as she manned the engine. "By the way, we were never properly introduced. The name's Happy Trails."

"Pleasures all mine, Ms. Trails." Noir Track replied. "And thank you for the lift. We need to get to the major junction, ASAP if I'm gonna crack down on the rest of these goons and get back the jewel shards."

"On it!" Happy Trails continued shoveling coals into the furnace. Then pulled down on a hanging chain letting the train whistle blow. "Next stop, Baltimare!"

As the train sped on, Noir Track made his way to the cart behind the engine to rest up in the seats. As he kicked back, he reached back out to Princess Celestia, "Well your highness, our girl Bright Idea's gonna be booked by the broncos in blue. Something tells me she's gonna be 'seeing thing' in a whole new 'light'. And my 'Track sense' has us on the path to the next fragment."

"Well done, Noir." Celestia replied, "But the journey is far from done. Make sure to keep your wits up on your next stop. And if all goes well, the future is sure to look bright!"

"Ugh, I think I'm starting to get tired puns."

Comments ( 3 )

Why aren't all four of the main characters in the cover art? It's just three of them and Rainbow Dash, who doesn't even have a character tag.

9802274
Actually, that pegasus that looks a lot like Rainbow Dash is Neon Track. The resemblance is most likely because of their cyan coats. XD

9802274
I'm calling it Illegal Descriptors there! There's no way RD Dash ever looks that malnourished and the U word

as for the Episode... the Noir atmosphere was nice and bright, what was the big Idea with it?

Login or register to comment