• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 545 Views, 0 Comments

The Legend of the Sonitus - Daviez



Learn about the Sonitus, a special team of spy ponies under the service of the Royal family.

  • ...
 0
 545

Chapter Four: The Long-awaited Day

As soon as Fidelia successfully escaped Canterlot, the guards stopped the search for her; they knew it was impossible to find her. Celestia started to improve the defense of Canterlot, she thought that what the last living member of the Sonitus can do is all but unknown. There were still many undiscovered things about the Sonitus and their abilities. Meanwhile Fidelia was trying to find a place where she could live, or at least stay for a long time, far away from the Royal family. After a long search she found a seemingly small cave inside a mountain. As she went inside the cave deeper and deeper she was surprised how long the cave was, after a right turn he couldn’t believe to her eyes.
- “What the heck?” – she said with big open eyes – “This whole cave is a hidden place?”
It was huge inside; the whole place was like a secret abandoned village inside a mountain which also had a small lake with crystal clear water.
- “This place will be perfect to stay. I don’t think anypony could find me here.” – thought to herself.
- “I’m no longer Fidelia, the loyal. The Sonitus is dead and Fidelia with it, it’s over now. From now I’m Denunia, the betrayer.
Over several years she was alone, had to shift for herself in the wilderness and she was planning the perfect plan all the time how could she revenge her sisters and defeat Celestia. On many nights she was praying to the Moon and to Luna to come back one day at least if she can’t bring back her sisters. She couldn’t do anything more for them.

Years later, there was a strange incident in Canterlot. Celestia personally wanted to see it; it was at the Canterlot Library.
- “Speak, guards, what happened here?”
- “Well, my princess, we only know that someone broke into the Library’s secret part and stole almost all the books and parchments.”
- “All the books and parchments at once?” – said Celestia surprisingly while they were walking to the secret library.
- “Well, um…” – said the guard really nervously – “actually who broke into here, that done it several times ”
- “So you want to tell me that, someone broke into the secret library, which is almost impossible, stole all the books and parchments and this happened several times? And you all noticed this until now?” – said Celestia with quite angry tone.
Celestia was angry with reason. She knew that there was only one who could do this.

Although Denunia lived far away from Canterlot she sometimes went back, of course in camouflage, to know what’s happening there. She was also there during Celestia and the guards discovered that someone broke into the secret lab.
- “Oh, Celestia, Celestia… if you would know when I did it.” – thought to herself with a little grin.
After Denunia acquired the books and parchments, she started to learn all the spells from the books, those which were on the parchments were much harder, and they were written in another language. She later learnt many of those too, though she never knew what they could do. She practiced and trained over and over. She was just waiting for the perfect day to act. Around 250 years later, since she escaped from Canterlot, her long-awaited day has finally come. She did almost nothing else, just trained, learnt, prepared and of course waited over 250 years.

From this day, strange things started to happen all over Canterlot. There were reports about ghosts. The ponies who reported these couldn’t see anything or anyone, but something or someone was walking in their homes at night. The ponies were scared and started to panic after a few days, they didn’t knew what was happening. Meanwhile when Celestia were reading about the reports had an idea about who made such things.
- “So, she is back.” – she said with great seriousness.
- “But, who my princess?” – a guard asked.
- “It’s long to tell, I have to act now. Follow me; I have to tell you something.”
Then Celestia and her guard left the Canterlot castle. They heard some screaming ponies and Celestia decided to check it out. When she arrived to the house, she looked around, but there was absolutely nopony.
- “What? This can’t be.” – said Celestia and she went out of the house – “Wait, where did everypony go?”
- “Oh, Celestia, just not alone in the dark? How ironic…” – a strange voice said from nowhere.
- “I’m not afraid, show yourself, Fidelia.”
- “Mmm, Fidelia, Fidelia, where and when did I hear that name last time? Can you tell me who is she?”
- ”Don’t play dumb, I know it’s you. I still remember.” – said Celestia with anger
- “Sorry, but I don’t know any Fidelia.” –said the strange voice, and someone slowly appeared from the shadows – “The only one I know is me, Denunia.”
- “And what are you going to do? You try to defeat me? Like as you tried 250 years ago and turned Luna against me?”
- “Actually? Exactly. But now I will do the dirty job. I’ll finish what Luna started. ” – said Denunia and as soon she could she attacked Celestia.
While they were fighting they still talked, almost screamed to each other. The fight took long as they both were powerful. They both were full of anger and bitterness.
- “Why did you betray us, Denunia, why?”
- “Me? You were the one who betrayed us! Without thinking you’ve killed my sisters! I’ll never forgive this to you!”
- “Without thinking? It was the hardest decision in my life! It was my worst day ever! Do you think I did it with pleasure?”
- “This is a lie!” – said Denunia she started to cry, and with anger she knocked down Celestia – “Everything you say is a lie! I won’t show no mercy as you did with my sisters!” – then she stood up on her hind legs to stomp Celestia while she was dazed - “Feel my and pain what I’ve gather- ” – then suddenly a guard out of nowhere backstabbed her.
Denunia slowly looked down and then turned to the guard.
- “What? Y-You are not supposed to be here… This…is…so…unfair.” – then she collapsed to the ground on her side from weakness.
Celestia stood up, approached her and other ponies slowly began to show up around them bit confusedly.
- “It is good for you to see me like this in front of everypony, isn’t it? This feels…so…cold.” –Denunia asked slowly with a quiet hoarse voice.
- “Silence.” – said Celestia quietly – “Though I will never forgive you what you did to my sister, but I want to tell you something.” – Celestia continued, and then she looked at the guard and nodded.
The guard brought a picture to Celestia.
- “Tell me, Denunia, do you know who these three ponies on this picture are?” – said Celestia while she showed the picture to her.
- “I’m dying and you ask questions?”
- “Just answer. I know your sarcasm will never die.”
- “No.”
- “You see this little filly on the picture?”
- “Y-Yes.”
- “This is you when you were born.”
- “Born?” – Denunia started to shed tears – “So this means that I and my sisters were born.”
- “Yes, now tell me can you see this other two ponies?”
- “Yes.”
- “These two ponies are your true parents, Denunia.”
- “My…My true…parents?” – she said with happiness on her face – “I’m weak, please turn me on my back, I want to see the moon for the last time. ”
Celestia and the guard turned her on her back.
- “The Moon, so beautiful, so…blurry. So I was born as a normal pony, and I had my true parents.” – she said while she cried quietly, and she slowly closed her eyes – “Best…day…ever.” – and passed away with a smile.
The surrounding ponies began to cry also, Celestia was sad too. Celestia buried her body in her garden next to her sisters’ graves. On their graves, there were their names and one title on them. Later in Celestia’s garden a strange tree began to grow from Denunia’s grave, with time it grown into a giant beautiful tree. Nopony knew how it grew there. Since then almost every day Celestia went out to this tree, sat down next to it, always reminding her what happened then. Whenever she left the three she said only one thing.
- “Stupid.”
Although it was unknown how did it grew there, but it was actually because of an unknown spell what Denunia learnt during her preparation. This was one of the spells she couldn’t understand. This spell gave the person a passive ability, when the person dies she will reincarnate as a tree, the size of the tree depends on how sad she saw her own life. There are rumors about it, that the tree can hear and sense everyone around them, and every falling leaf count as a teardrop. Several hundreds of years later the tree was still there as beautiful as it was before. When Luna returned, after time she remembered to the Sonitus and asked Celestia at a lunch time.
- “Tell me sister, what’s with the Sonitus? I couldn’t find them anywhere.”
A moment of silence later Celestia replied.
- “They are gone. But I want to show you something.”
Celestia led Luna to the Tree meanwhile she also told what happened.
- “So here she is.”
As soon as Luna saw the Tree all the leaves fallen down and then the Tree immediately bloomed.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment