• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 544 Views, 0 Comments

The Legend of the Sonitus - Daviez



Learn about the Sonitus, a special team of spy ponies under the service of the Royal family.

  • ...
 0
 544

Chapter Three: The Betrayal

After Fidelia’s nightmare Palor was quite curious about her dream. However, for the next few days Palor didn’t wanted to bother Fidelia with it so she didn’t ask about it. She was lazy to ask her so after some time she forgot it. One night she went out for a snack again and on her way back to her room she heard quiet talking again. She immediately ran into Fidelia’s room, and she saw that Fidelia was screaming and crying in her sleep. She said the same thing again and again like she did it last time. Palor woke her up again.

- “I’m here, don’t be afraid it was just a nightmare again” – said Palor while she tried to calm her down.

- “It-it was horrible, sis, it was horrible.” – said Fidelia while she was crying.

- “Wait here, I bring something to drink, maybe it will help a little bit.” – said Palor and went out of the room.

- “Thank you, sister.” – Fidelia replied.

Moments later Palor came back to Fidelia with a drink and also brought a snack and tissues for her.

- “Here, drink this, this is my specialty.” – said Palor and gave her the cup of drink. Palor looked on Fidelia and then down and asked – “Was that the same nightmare you had like last time?”

Fidelia took a deep breath and answered.

- “Yes. Unfortunately, yes.”

- “Would you like to talk about it?” – Palor asked.

- “I would, but I don’t want to, sorry. It was just too horrible to talk about it.” – Fidelia answered.

- “Okay, no problem, sis.” – said Palor while she nodded.

This whole nightmare thing stayed between them and they never told to others. Almost every week Fidelia had the same nightmare. She was able to handle it, with the help of Palor she was always with her during those nights. Luckily this hasn’t affected her life too much, although she was a bit tired on those days when she had a nightmare.

One day while they were going on a mission Fidelia saw something in Canterlot, another place above the Canterlot library. Though they lived in Canterlot with the Royal family they didn’t knew all the places, because they were not allowed to go to some places where only the Royalty were allowed. She was really curious for some reason.

- “Anyone knows what’s that place above the Canterlot library?” – Fidelia asked.

- “I’m not really sure, but as I heard before, it’s a secret library.” – Pruden replied.

- “Secret library? For what?”

- “Well, like I said, I’m not sure, but I'd guess that they maybe store ancient parchments and books there from others. What else could be in a secret library?”

They went away, but Fidelia was still curious.

- “That place looked like what I’ve seen in my nightmare. I should get more information about that place” – thought to herself.

The next day after their training, Fidelia went to their trainer Lightwing. She just stood in one place behind her trainer, and he looked on Fidelia.

- “Tell me, what you want Fidelia.” – Lightwing asked.

- “I would like to ask something, Lightwing.”

- “Go on.”

- “May I ask what is that place above the Canterlot library?”

- “I’m sorry Fidelia, but I can’t tell anything about that place.”

- “Tell, me is it really a secret library?”

- “Silence gives consent, and I don’t say anything. Now if you would leave, please.” – Lightwing replied with a little grin on his face.

Fidelia smiled.

- “Thank you, Lightwing.” – said Fidelia and she left.

Several days later she went to the Canterlot library in the hope maybe she can find something about the place. Over several days she looked through hundreds of books, but yet she found nothing. Her sisters noticed her curiosity over things. Palor suspected what is Fidelia looking for, but she didn’t mention it to anyone else. The only thing they knew was that she was looking for information about that secret library. One night Fidelia had a dream, but now it wasn’t her usual nightmare, it was about something else. When she woke up in the morning she remembered a parchment from her dream. It was strange because in the Canterlot library there were only normal books, but no parchments. Later that day she went to the library.

- “Maybe if I go over the whole place I will recognize the place where I saw the parchment.” – thought to herself.

The Canterlot library was a really huge library, so it took some time till she could go over the whole place. On the first day she wasn’t successful, but the next day she tried again and continued to find the place what she saw in her dreams.

- “Already three hours passed and yet nothing.”

She continued the search.

- “Wait! I think that part look similar to what I’ve seen.” – thought to herself.

She went to the section and to the part where she saw the parchment and looked up. She was really surprised.

- ““Dreams” section? This is getting really weird.” – said with big open eyes. – “If I remember well I saw the parchment right behind one of these books here. These are quite interesting books all about wizards, sorceress, black magic, legends, betrayals, myths… oh wait I think I saw something behind the previous one.” – and she took out the book about betrayals and the parchment was right behind it.

- “Who’s that who put a parchment behind these books and why is it even here. I’m getting a bit scared.” – she said took the parchment and left the library.

Fidelia went back; it was dark so she hid the parchment in her room.

The next day she read the parchment, but unfortunately the whole text on it was written in another language. She spent the next few days in the library to figure out what does the text says on it. She spent around a week and a half on it to translate the text; luckily she found a book which helped her. She finally had the text, though it was not fully translated, it was about the secret library just as she thought the translated text was enough to know how to get inside the secret library. During Fidelia’s research they had their own party, because they were twenty years old. They haven’t celebrated their “birthdays” every time because they knew that they were “made” and not born, but although they called it “birthday party” just for fun. They had quarrels like everyone else, but they were happy and they loved each other.

One night Fidelia took the effort to get inside the secret library. She had to use her camouflage to go through the guards. In the library she successfully found an entrance which led to a caracole. It was dark inside there she only carried a little light to see the paper. At the end of the caracole there was a huge locked door, but there was one problem with it.

- “Finally the locked door. The paper says I have to use magic to open it, well that’s not a big problem.” – thought to herself as she approached the door, and then she looked closer – “ARE YOU- I mean, are you kidding me? I need a horn too to open the door? The paper only mentions magic, but not horns…great.” – said quietly.

She couldn’t go inside, because unfortunately they had neither horns nor wings. So she went back to sleep, and decided to try it the next night. Before the next night, she made a fake horn made of paper and she hoped that it will work with a little extra magic. The night has come and she went to the locked door again and tried to open it.

- “Please, please work!” – she said while she put the fake horn into the lock.

Then the door started to slowly open.

- “I can’t believe that it’s working!”

She went in, the place was huge, not as huge as the base library, but it was still huge. She started to look around maybe she finds something. She took down some other old parchments. While she was searching she saw something, she noticed a word on a parchment it was “Sonitus”.

- “This has to be something useful.” – she said while she started to read the parchment - “Well, nothing useful yet.” – said and she turned the parchment. – “Let’s see, what is this? Royal commands?”

She started to read them all, they were all usual commands when suddenly.

- “Wait, order zero?” – she said and he started to read it, when around half of it she just slowly looked up, started to tremble and shed tears and then cried.

- “So, my dream, my nightmare, it was all true.” – said while she quietly cried.

The parchment contained the following text: “Order Zero: the Royal family has the right and ability to order the execution of the Sonitus if they turn against the Royal family or if something suspicious happens. The execution can only happen at midnight.”

- “So we were just objects for them all the time what they can finish off whenever they want to. I just can’t believe this.” – she said and then she ran back to her room.

She couldn’t sleep, she cried all throughout the night. From that night her life changed.

Fidelia was scared, since that day she couldn’t sleep one night. Every night she was awake and she waited for the death she couldn’t think about anything else. Obviously her sisters noticed this, like they did when she had the nightmares, but she hasn’t told them anything. They all worried about her, because she never slept at night and she was really tired during the rest of the day. She only could sleep a little bit during the daytime, but this only helped a little on her part, she was still tired every day. She had to skip their missions; she only went on mission that were during the night. Due to tiredness she slowly started to go crazy and she was shaking. Her sisters tried to help on her; they did everything what they could.

On a night when she was awake she was thinking.

- “I just can’t take this anymore. I’m just waiting for the death like this?” – she said as she sounded bit crazy. – “I know, why I should wait till they betray and kill us? I have to do this first; I have nothing to lose now. Celestia’s weakness is her sister Luna, but I don’t want to hurt Luna, she is truly kind I always loved her as a sister. But maybe I can do one thing…”

Some days later on a night again, Fidelia was out on the balcony looking at the stars and the moon, when Luna showed up.

- “Fidelia, my dear, what are you doing here in the night?” – Luna asked.

- “As usual I can’t sleep and I’m just looking at the moon and the stars.” – Fidelia replied.

- “They are beautiful aren’t they?”

- “Yes, they are. Aren’t you sad of it?”

- “Sad? Why would I?”

- “Well you know, you as the princess of the moon and night, for me it is so sad that so less pony see this beautiful night.”

- “Um… What do you mean by this?”

- “While the ponies are mostly active during the daytime when the Sun is up, and it’s all good for them, they love the daytime. While when the night comes they all sleep and never care about the beauty of the night just only a few one. In fact, they hide from the night everyone is feared of the night because of the dark. Doesn’t this make you a little bit angry at your sister?”

- “Well, I...um…I’m not sure, maybe sometimes I think about it, but I don’t think I could be angry at my sister.”

- “Oh I see. So you live in the shadow of your sister? As you want Luna, anyway, I always preferred you more than Celestia.”

- “This makes no sense, Fidelia, please stop this.”

- “Makes no sense? Then why do ponies celebrate the sunrise, but never the moonrise?”

- “This little conversation stays between us.” – after a minute Luna replied and went to her room.

- “As you want, my princess, as…you…want.” – said Fidelia, with a small evil grin on her face.

Although Luna got angry this night because of Fidelia, they continued to talk almost every night about it. Months later a tragedy happened. Luna’s bitterness and sadness transformed her into Nightmare Moon, the wicked mare of darkness. After Celestia successfully banisher Nightmare Moon in to the moon, she wasn’t sure about what happened to her sister that provoked her hatred. Later one of Luna’s guard reported to Celestia.

- “Tell me why you are here and what do you want.” – said Celestia

- “I know what happened to Luna, and I think I know what happened to her.”

- “Please, tell me more.”

- “Well over several days, although I know it’s not allowed, and I’m really sorry about it, but I heard what Luna was talking about with Fidelia.” – said the guard.

- “Fidelia?”

- “Yes, I heard her name many times from Luna and she was talking to someone almost every night.”

- “Tell me what you heard, if you heard anything.”

- “Fidelia was talking to Luna about thing like why doesn't Luna hate you, and things like why don’t ponies care about the Night. I couldn’t hear everything perfectly, but I’m sure it was about these. I haven’t reported it before, because I didn’t know this would lead Luna to do such things.”

- “So the Sonitus…”

- “Guards, you all know your jobs.”

- “Yes…Yes, my princess.” – said the guard and left the room.

- “I never thought that I will have to do this ever in my life” – said Celestia with sadness.

The guards were commanded, they knew what the order was. That evening the unicorn guards were ready. Fidelia was awake at this night too. Palor as she usually did, went down to the kitchen at night to get something to drink and a snack for herself, but as soon as she turned back there were the guards. Palor was scared and with big open eyes she told:

- “What are you guys doing here?” – said while she slowly moved backward - “Is that a big problem to have a snack in the ni-” – and the worst happened, the guards shot and Palor only could only scream......then silence.

Fidelia heard the scream and was shocked. She heard steps approaching the rooms in the hallway.

- “So they are here.” – she said while he started to cry – “I have to escape somehow, I-I can’t die.”

Then the door opened, a guard approached Fidelia as she was facing back to him. As soon as the guard approached her bed she attacked the guard, the guard shot, but he could only hit her right ear and a part of her mane. Fidelia jumped back and, with power, she charged at the guard and knocked him out. She went out of her room and saw that the guards just “finished their job” as they were coming out of her sisters’ room, and they saw Fidelia. She again with power ,as fast as she could, charged at the guards, she successfully knocked them out too. She was shocked like never before. She tried to calm down, as she was too loud because she was gasping. She went into camouflage and ran out of the castle. She ran as fast as she could. There were guards almost everywhere over Canterlot. At the edge of Canterlot a few guards saw her, while the guards were running toward her she shouted.

- “Tell your so beloved princess, that I will return once again. I will avenge my sisters!” – and then Fidelia jumped down.

Because of airwalk she was able to land without hurting herself. She disappeared after she landed and since then no one knows where she could be.