• Published 29th Dec 2017
  • 1,114 Views, 6 Comments

Humans Meet Ponies - TwiPON3



Sci-Twi learns of the Magic of Friendship from the Princess of Friendship, and becomes ambitious to learn more

  • ...
19
 6
 1,114

10: Fight for Lesson One


Shining Armor's Point of View


"She'd probably want us to stay here, even if we can hear them. I think that it's best if we just didn't listen and try to do something else instead," I said to Cadence, unsure of myself, "Maybe we could try that thing Sunset told Twilight to do with our phones and see if we can get it to work for ourselves."

She gave what I said a thought, but I stayed on high alert.

"You're right," she said, getting her phone, "We just need to take our minds off of it."

She took my advice and tried her magic on her phone, but I continued to stay on high alert, sitting for what felt like hours. Until I heard screaming.

"SHIT TWILIE!!!!!"

I jumped up to run and help, but a blast took out the wall and door to her room and threw me back against the wall. Cadence was completely paralyzed with fear.

"Twilie!" I said, getting back up, "Are you okay!?"

"Your sister isn't here!" Princess Twilight said as the others came over to the room, "That's a monster that's taken her over by equestrian magic!"

Sunset Shimmer rose and transformed into something and started to defeat Midnight Sparkle.

"Now," she said, "You saw me do this to you earlier, and I'll defeat you again!"

"She is not alone!" Princess Celestia said, "My sister, Princess Twilight, and I will back her!"

The other five students from Canterlot City High School went up with them.

"Don't think that you're alone, Sunset Darling!"

Their counterparts from this world went up to fight too.

"Yer gone havta try mighty hard ta push us back, too!"

They all started doing something. I don't know how to describe it, but I was frozen with fear until something hit me.

"Cadence," I said, seeing her get pulled out of that monster, "Come on! We have to do something!"

We ran over to her and, with the strength only a sibling and mother could have, we began pulling her out of that monster.

"PULL... HARDER...!!!"

"Sister!" a voice said, "I shall help them pull their Twilight Sparkle out of this monster!"

"WE'VE GOT YOU, TWILIGHT!!!!!" Cadence said.

I felt something else helping us pull her out, but I'm not sure who, or what for that matter, it was.

"DON'T LET THY SISTER GO!!!!!" Princess Luna said.

It took a while, but when we pulled Twilie out, she fell on me from midair.

"JESUS!!" she said as she fell and knocked me over, "Shining, I'm SO sorry!"

She turned around and saw that monster looking right at her.


Sci-Twi's Point of View


I heard one of the princesses yelling, Shining and Cadence screaming, then I felt something or someone pulling me out.

"PULL...HARDER!!!"

"Sister! I shall help them pull their Twilight Sparkle out of this monster!"

"WE'VE GOT YOU, TWILIGHT!!!!!"

The pulling got stronger.

"DON'T LET THY SISTER GO!!!!!"

After some time, I fell out of her from midair and onto my brother.

"JESUS!!" I yelled as I was falling, before landing on my brother, "Shining, I'm SO sorry!"

I turned around to see Midnight Sparkle looking directly at me, as if Daydream Shimmer had no effect on her at all.

"I'll be back! You'll fall to me, and I'll know EVERYTHING about EVERY kind of magic that EVER existed!"

I could do nothing but hold onto my brother, Cadence, and Princess Luna as tightly as my hooves would allow.

"I'll ALWAYS be there, Twilight Sparkle!"

She was defeated once again, but this time she turned into a black smoke that made it's way inside me.

"Miss Sparkle!" Princess Celestia said, "Are you alright!"

I screamed out of panic several times, prompting my brother and sister-in-law to come and hug me again.

"It's alright, Twilight," Cadence said, "It's alright."

I stopped my repeated screaming as it turned into me just hyperventilating for a few minutes before anything else was said.

"Are you okay?" the Princess of Friendship said, approaching me.

"Uh-huh," I barely managed to get out.

"And you're afraid that something was going to happen to you because of Midnight Sparkle?"

"Uh-huh," I barely managed to get back out.

"I see."

Princess Celestia came over to me, prompting me to slide backward until I found myself in the corner of the room, on the floor, panicking my butt off.

The Rainbow Dash from this reality was obviously getting pissed with the situation and came over to me.

"Nopony here is going to do anything to you! You're just hurting yourself!"

I found myself curled up in fetal position.

"Rainbow Dash!" the Applejack from this reality said, coming over to me, "That's enough!"

When she got over to me, she had Rainbow Dash to go away.

"Now listen, sugarcube," she said, putting a hoof on my shoulder, "So that happened," she said, reassuringly, "That's in the past now. You don't have to go through this alone, Sci-Twi. You're surrounded by friends."

There's that word again. Friends.

"W- wh- what... are friends?" I said, barely managing to get anything out.

"From what all 'vus understand, ya don't know a thang about 'em. Ah'm sure Princ'ss Twilight 'as wantin' ta give ya s'me lessons."

"W- what...?"

"People 'n' ponies 'at're there ta help ya. 'Specially times like these."

I mumbled something that even I couldn't make out.

Overwhelming. Now, to get the message out. You can do this! You've seen it here, Twilight Sparkle, first hand: they'll help you defeat and get rid of Midnight Sparkle.

They'll... never... conquer... me!

Yes they will!

I finally came to realization that Midnight Sparkle wasn't here anymore. At least for the moment and physically, so I finally stopped shaking.

"Overwhelming."

"Could... could we... could we st- start... over?"

"Of course," the Princess of Friendship said, "I'd like that."

"Hey," Sunset said, coming over to me, "Is being a pony... overwhelming?"

Her voice was, at this point in time, the only voice that could have calmed me, other than my brother's or Cadence's voice.

"I... I... I don't have a choice?"

"I can give you that choice," Princess Twilight said, "If you want to have it."

"H- how?"

"I'm the Princess of Friendship. It's what I do."

"We'll be there for you, Twilight," Cadence said, "Whatever happens, we've got your back."

"Could you... give them... a choice, too?"

"I'd be honored."


Princess Twilight's Point of View


"Could you... give them... a choice, too?" Sci-Twi said, still super anxious, but now much more calmed.

"I'd be honored."

Her Shining Armor and Cadence went to either side of her and began hugging her.

"Okay," I said, "We'll need some space, so if you could all come to the middle of the room," I turned to everypony else in the room, "If you could all..."

I didn't even have to finish my request.

"What now, Princess?"

"Just come out of the corner so I can do a spell to anthropomorphize you."

They came out of the corner, but I felt everypony's eyes on me that were from Equestria, so I turned around and gave a quick explination.

"While I was in the human world, one night, Sunset Shimmer decided to turn a large closet into a small bedroom for me. The room is actually about a third of the size of Applejack's bedroom, but there was little space to work with. Anyway..."


Princess Twilight's Flashback: Sunset Shimmer's Apartment, Canterlot City, California, 12 June 2015, 12:30p


"What... is this?" I asked as Sunset as she picked up a small stick with buttons, aimed it at a weird flat thing, pushed one of the buttons, and made it show moving pictures with what sounded like people talking, "Is it something that humans do?"

It said "JVC" for a few seconds before actually getting to the moving pictures.

"Eh, one of them," she said, sitting on a couch and offering me to sit next to her, "This one's really interesting. I think you'll like it. It's a little weird until everything sticks to you, but I think that you'll end up liking it."

"What's it called?"

"This is TV. Mine comes over the Internet, so I can watch whatever the hell I want," she said really casually, "A lot of friends here watch it while they hang out together."

Sunset's apartment was... cozy. She was self sufficient, had something called "Enter Net TeeVee", still not sure about what that is, and everything. She said that her apartment was like a hotel, except people lived in them instead of just staying for a few nights. There were three seperate rooms in hers: the main room (which had a small hallway attatched to it containing three doors: one at the end, and two across from each other), a bedroom that was pretty basic (but was still Sunset-y) on the left (facing the door at the end of the hall), a small bathroom on the right (still pretty basic), and at the end of the hall was a closet that was soon to be a small bedroom, thanks to the human Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity.

"I'd show ya what they're working on, but it's kind of a secret. Besides, I can kind of see that you'd like a break."

"That's..." something blinking in the kitchen half of the room over the sink got my attention, scaring me, "GONNA KILL US!!!"

I really couldn't move because of how scared I was.

"What!?" Sunset said, leaping to her feet, "Did Equestrian magic get loose again?"

"What's that!?" I said, pointing at the box with a stick behind it.

Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie all ran into the room with us. Sunset, though, just walked over to it casually with an eyebrow raised.

"This?" said, holding up the box, revealing strings that attatched it to a black box on her wall.

"Yes!"

She gave me a confused look for a second before realizing what was going on.

"This isn't dangerous," she laughed, reading a label, "it's just wireless Internet."

"Ah'm sure glayed 'at there's nothin' fr'm Equestria here with us," Applejack said, "Right?"

Sunset stopped laughing, set the box down, got two cups, and pulled two cans of something out of what looked like a small refrigerator.

"It's okay," Sunset said, "False alarm."

They went back to the closet.

"You want something cold to drink?"

"Sure."

She pulled up a tab, making a small hissing sound, and poured a dark, bubbly liquid in one of the cups.

"What's that?" I asked, curious this time.

"Trust me," she said, doing the same thing with the other cup and can, "You'll like it."

She came back and sat down on the couch, handing me one of the glasses.

"So... I just..." I said, taking a sip.

My eyes went wide as a weird sensation filled my mouth. It was like all of the little bubbles were attacking my tounge, so I quickly swallowed, but when I did, the stinging just went down my throat. It only lasted a second, though, but it tasted good. Whatever it was, I ended up opening my mouth and letting my tounge out for a minute until I was ABSOLUTELY sure that it was over.

"Wha ith that, Thunthet Thinner?"

She looked at me.

"Are you okay?"

"Wha kine oth duthink ith that?"

"It's called 'soda'," she said, looking back at the screen, "Take another sip. It won't be so bad, now that you know what to expect."

I did, and it actually tasted... good. Exotic good. I could tell that she could tell that I enjoyed it, even without exchanging looks.

"I keep a whole stock of it under the counter."

Just then, the scene on the screen changed to a group of humans with what looked like some animal stuff on them. It was mostly stuff like cat ears, tiger tails, some had small antlers, and a few even had wings. I wasn't sure what was going on because I was too busy wondering if Equestrian magic had spread worldwide here.

"Did magic spread all over the world?"

"No. It's just a show."

"Then, why do they have ears, tails, and wings?"

"It's just special effects."

I was completely puzzled, so she pulled a notebook from under the couch and opened it to a page headed "RWBY".

"When I saw that you were coming, I took a note or two on this show," she said, pointing at a word, "It's that. I can't ever say it for some reason, though."

I looked at it, and in her handwriting with blue ink, it said:

2: Some of the human characters have animal attributes. They are anthropomorphic, meaning that they have animal characteristics

"I never took you for a notetaker, Sunset!"

"Yeah, but this was one of the few times."

Like she said, it took a few minutes for me to actually understand the show.

"Think you might bring your friends from home to meet us sometime?"

I thought for a second.

"Yeah. I don't think people here would be freaked out by seeing two of them now, instead of just one."

"Next week?"

"Yeah, sounds great."


Princess Twilight's Point of View


"...and that's how I learned about that stuff."

"Wow, Darling," Rarity said.

"Damn right it's awesome!" Rainbow said, picturing herself like that, "20% cooler if it had all had us in it. Don't think I'd like to be stuck that way, though."

I turned back around to do my spell on them, and it worked with full success. Sci-Twi and her family had become half-pony, half-human!


Sci-Twi's Point of View


Her horn began to glow purple, but what I found the most stunning (almost literally) was that we were being lifted off of our hooves and encompassed in a purple aura for a short time before we were put back on the floor. What I did know was that I was on two feet again, along with my clothes returning normal, thank God.

"Here!" Pinkie Pie said, pulling pair of blue jeans, a purple shirt with some beakers on it, a pair of regular white socks, and a pair of high-rise sneakers, out of her hair, "You should go change out of that because, after what happened earlier, that thing looks like it went through a lawnmower! Also, you might want these," she said, reaching into her hair once more and pulling out a pair of glasses that looked like mine (if they had no lenses or the white thing at the corners next to the earpieces), "You looked a little twitchy, so I figured that something didn't feel right."

"Why do you have that stuff, Pinkie," Sunset said, just after she had turned to the same kind of anthro form that the others were.

"Just a hunch that I'd need it today!" she replied, smiling absurdly big.

"Right."

I looked down, and realized that she was absolutely right! I had to get out of this and throw it away. My CPA uniform was completely destroyed, so I took the change of clothes and glasses and went for it.

Shit!

"Where's a bathroom?" I said, ready to run, "NOW!"

I already had the titles nerd, weirdo, shut-in, and monster on me. I didn't want STRIPPER of all things added to that incriminating list.

"Four doors down to the left," Princess Celestia said, pointing her hoof to the right.

"THANK YOU!!"

I ran as fast as I could and locked the door.

"Oh God. Oh God," I panted, "Shit. What the hell just happened?"

I looked in the mirror and was scared of what I DIDN'T see: her.

Author's Note:

I don't know why, but I just picture Canterlot City being in Eastern-California. As far as I can gather, that is COMPLETELY subjective. Also, while it WAS someone else's idea for Sci-Twi (Aftermath of the Games by Darth Link 22) to live in an apartment with Shining Armor and Cadence because of her parents' death, I've always pictured Sunset living in an apartment flat of her own for some reason. Again, GREAT story, man!

Also, I know Princess Twilight's flashback was pretty long and covered a few things, but tackling some of those things now seems pretty okay.:twilightsmile: