• Published 29th Dec 2017
  • 1,113 Views, 6 Comments

Humans Meet Ponies - TwiPON3



Sci-Twi learns of the Magic of Friendship from the Princess of Friendship, and becomes ambitious to learn more

  • ...
19
 6
 1,113

22: Seth's Reunion

Seth's Point of View


I heard a car drive up to the house.

Shit this soundproofing doesn't work

The doorbell rang, so I hoped it was the pizza.

"Purple?"

"TwiPON3?"

"Oh my God, where the hell have you been?"

"We had to move to town a while back."

"Shining! Cadence!"

"Nice to see you, too," Shining replied.

"Is that the pizza?" Greg asked.

"No!"

Greg came downstairs, then stopped dead in his tracks, "Twilight Sparkle?"

"Hi, Greg."

"What's with the muzzle, horn, ears, tail, and fake glasses? I haven't seen you this gone out since we were, like, 7, for God's sake. And I really like the new outfit. It looks really laid back."

"It's a really long story, and Pinkie Pie gave me the clothes after my other ones were destroyed the other day at the games."

"Yeah, when the flash drives, WiFi adapter, and Bluetooth adapter in my fingers got hot," I peeled back the middle three fingers on my right hand, showing a thin USB stick and two adapters where the fingernails would be, "I figured 'This shit's for real', so I ran like shit out of there."

"Neat," she said, "What happened to your fingers, though?"

"That's disgusting, Darling!" White said, looking a little sick, "Put it back!"

"Battery acid about a year ago," I said, reconcealing the fingers' peripherals.

"Oh."

"You and your subjects may enter my castle now, Your Ugliness," I said regally.

I broke down laughing and had to lean on the doorframe.

"Okay, this friendship," Princess Twilight said, "is abusive."

"Okay, Fred G Sanford. We're comin' on in."

We stopped laughing long enough for everyone to go in, but Princess Twilight stayed outside with me for a second, "Is it okay if I observe this friendship?"

"Sure."

The three of us went inside, "I'll getya some cahffee, and letcha dahctor it up yaself," I took a look at her, "But really, what's up with the fake glasses," I said, bringing two mugs of coffee to the dining room table, "That's gotta be an interesting story."

"My eyes were magically brought to 20/20 at some point right after the Friendship Games."

"Huh. Guess you won't want the ones I made for you way-back-when now."

"I'd love to be able to wear them again," I said.

"But you just said you have perfect vision."

"These don't have any lenses."

"Oh."

I took us all down to the basement where the lab was, "Here's my lab. And room."

Twilight looked at the sign that was written in masking-tape blue

Everyone except for... other Twilight... who was more concerned with our friendship, for whatever reason, was shocked at what we used to do.

"I'd like to know one thing, Sci-Twi," her twin looked at Twilight, "How did your friendship begin?"


Seven Years Old: Public Library


I walked across the library, reading a book that I was about to check out when I ran into this boy who was walking in my direction, writing in a notebook. We ran into each other, knocking the books out of our hands.

"Ow!" I said.

"Watch it!" he replied.

My parents and a man who couldn't have been any older than his mid-twenties came over to us.

"Is everything okay, Twilight?" Mom said, running over to me.

He stood up, looked at me, then held out a hand, "Sorry. My bad," he said, helping me back onto my feet, "I like your watch. It's just like mine."

He had messy brown hair with dirty blonde streaks, wore wooden Japanese Kimono sandals, bluejeans, and a periwinkle shirt. He spoke with a Brooklyn accent.

"My mom gave it to me for my birthday. How'd you get yours?"

"My cousin gave it to me."

I looked at his glasses. They were... different. Almost like the circular frames were handmade with a welder and clotheshanger, "I like your glasses. Where'd you get them?"

"My cousin took me to WalMart to get some over-the-counter glasses after I didn't like what the optometrist had. We went home, and I found a wire cutter and coathanger and just... went to town until I found something that felt right. Then I soldered away. A week later, Greg took me back to Dr Lenses, and they made the lenses in their lab."

"Cool. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Who are you?"

"Seth Circuits, but you can call me TwiPON3."

"Maybe we can be friends?"

"You can stay the night with me. My address is 43 Quicktime Circle."

"No way! We live right next to you!"

We embraced each other with a big hug before Mom and Dad and that man came over to us.

"Are you okay, sugar?"

"I'm fine, Dad."

"Did you make a new friend, Deary?"

"I did."

"Oh, I am just so proud of you!"

"He wanted me to stay over at his house tonight. Could I? He lives right next to us."

"Alright, Sugar."


Present


"Alright. I've heard your side of the story, Sci-Twi," she looked at me, "Now I want to hear it from you."


Seven Years Old: Public Library


I walked across the library, writing concepts in a composition book for my workarea when I ran into this girl who was walking in my direction, with her nose in a textbook. We ran into each other, knocking the books out of our hands.

'Watch it!" I said

"Ow!" I said.

My twenty-five year old cousin came over to us, along with the girl's parents.

"Hey," Greg said, "Something wrong?".

I stood up, looked at her, then held out a hand, "Sorry. My bad," I said, helping her back up, "I like your watch. It's just like mine."

She had purple hair that came to the middle of her back, thick-framed glasses, lavender skin and eyes, and wore a skirt and a purple shirt with a pink six-pointed star on it.

"My mom gave it to me for my birthday. How'd you get yours?"

"My cousin gave it to me."

She looked at my glasses, "I like your glasses. Where'd you get them?"

"My cousin took me to WalMart to get some over-the-counter glasses after I didn't like what the optometrist had. We went home, and I found a wire cutter and coathanger and just... went to town until I found something that felt right. Then I soldered away. A week later, Greg took me back to Dr Lenses, and they made the lenses in their lab."

"Cool. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Who are you?"

"Seth Circuits, but you can call me TwiPON3."

"Maybe we can be friends?"

"You can stay the night with me. My address is 43 Quicktime Circle."

"No way! We live right next to you!"

We embraced each other with a big hug before Greg and her parents came over to us.

"Everything alright?"

"Mm-hm, and I possibly made a friend. Can she stay with us tonight?"

"Definitely," he said with a smile.


Present


"I don't know what to make of it," Twilight (I'm assuming she's another Twilight) said to Twilight.

"Purple, I got 'em ready for ya!"

"I'll be there in a sec, Messy," she replied, "Princess Twilight, I gotta go."

She came over to the coat cabinet and was greeted with an unusual surprise.

"I wasn't sure if you liked lenses or not with glasses, so I made you a pair without lenses and one with regular flat polycarbonate," she looked at the glasses, "They don't have any power to them."

She looked up and smiled, taking the other glasses off and replacing them with the lensed ones.

"What do you want to do first," she said, making herself look messy, "Still have that thing?".

"Hell, yeah!"

I put mine on and put a pocketknife and some other crap in the pockets. Then, I broke down laughing.

What the hell's so funny?

"You need to... You need to see your... yourself right now!" I said, taking her picture with a Motorola Droid X after sticking a binderclip with a pencil in it over the paperclip my his hair, "You look hilarious!"

She took a look at the picture, then doubled-over, "Oh my God!"

"What is it, Sci-Twi Darling? Is everyth-- OH MY SWEET GOD!!!!!"

"Jesus, White. If you need to lay down," I pointed to the couch that doubled as his bed, "there's a couch right there."

"Alright, Seth!" Orange said, angry for some reason, "Ah'm sick o' ya callin' us by our col'r! What's yer deal!? Racism ain't exac'ly somethin' ya should have, dammit!!"

"Applejack, please," Yellow asked, coming over to the three of us, "I'm sure there's a reason."

"He isn't being racist," Firehair said, "He hasn't called me 'Ponygirl' or anything like that, and he's been Sci-Twi's friend forever now. I think."

"SHUT THE HELL UP!!!"

Okay, Orange was boiling pissed. If looks could kill, Twilight, Firehair, Yellow, and I would have dropped dead.

What the HELL?

"Applejack, lighten up!" Rainbowhair yelled as he began to back up.

"Please for the love of God, what Rainbow said!"

Just as she was about to beat me to smithereens, she stopped and calmed down, "Ah can't brang it on mahself ta hurt anyone," she turned angry again, "But why are you bein' so damn racist?"

"I'm not," I replied, "Where'd you get that idea?"

Jesus Christ, woman!

"Yer callin' us by what color our skin is, Sunset's hair, but you called Rainbow by her actual name!"

"Wait, her name's actually 'Rainbow'?"

"You didn't know, did you?" Firehair came to a realization, "Applejack, if he was racist, he would have a: not helped me, b: not let Sci-Twi inside because she's half pony."

"Or even TALK to Princess Twilight when he was in Equestria," Fluttershy added.

"Oh God! You're just going to jump to conclusions when you've only seen me ONCE in the past!?," I hung the labcoat up as I went to the kitchen, "FUCK IT!!!!!"

I went into the kitchen and made a decent-sized mess getting drunk on bitter-lime flavored Monster from 1972.

"Um... shouldn't you-"

"Yeah, I don't give a fuck," I snapped, sitting down at the kitchen table across from her and drank the whole glass. I was out of it.

This stuff is strong but fleeting to me. PLEASE, for the love of God Almighty, WORK DAMMIT!!!!!

"Gemmie a Rehbull'n I'll be back soon," I said as the glass began to wear off. I had no concept of how long I was like that. All that I knew was that I drank a can of Red Bull and ignored the painful headache that followed for a little bit.

"What happened?" I asked, accidentally knocking the empty can off of the table, "Damn that was fleeting."

Bullshit if it WASN'T fleeting.

"I worry that something's gonna go wrong one day, Seth," Greg said.

"You think I like it?"

"No, but-"

"Then there's your answer!"

"Wait," Firehair said, "You're telling me us that you got drunk off of an energy drink?"

"Yes ma'am," was my reply.

"To try to cope with being called racist?"

"Mostly the part where I thought it was going to get physical. She looked like she was going to pulverize me."

"But you're back, now."

"Yes, and I'm tired of questions," I looked at Twilight, "Come back downstairs, Horsey," he chuckled.

"That's funny," she laughed.

"There's something I wanna give yas."

"Lead the way, Screwball."

We both doubled over on the floor laughing so hard that it started to hurt. After a few minutes, we both went downstairs, and I led her to the couch, which had a box under it labeled Фоур-Еыес(Four-Eyes). Shining Armor, Cadence, and Greg had come down to the basement.

"Here ya go, Four-Eyes," I gave her the box, "I hope you can still use 'em."

"You better cut that out!" Shining said loudly.

"Wait and see how this pans out. They were close when they were younger."

"I guess you're right."

"And for you, Wireface," she gave me a crate-sized box, "I hope you'd still like it after three years."

"Open on three?"

"Count of three. In Korean. Ready when you are."

Shit if I had ever figured out why we learned to do that with Google Translate.

"Ses, dul, hana, OPEN!"

We both opened the boxes, "Oh my God, I just love it!" she smiled, "I'm gonna go change right now!"

She went into the bathroom and broke down laughing after a few minutes.

"What?" I laughed as she came back.

"I look like a jackass!"

"I didn't know that you were friends," the one with the headphones said, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Guess I just kinda... forgot... after they... left... us," her voice was solemn, but changed back to heavy laughter when she picked up a picture of Greg, Mom, Dad, me, her Shining Armor, Cadence, and Indigo flipping the camera off, while the frame read, in beautiful script, Family and friends aren't a thing for life. They're a thing for ALWAYS.

"You gonna... you gonna take some... some time to breathe... or what?"

"I'd ask if you wanted to stay," I said, "But I'm a little packed."

"You and your friends could always just stay here. With me. And Greg."

Everyone silently debated that before Rainbowhead gave a loud approval.

"FUCK, YEAH!!!"

"Get ya things 'n make yourself at home, Rainbowhead. Hell, why not all of you?"

"Name's Rainbow Dash. Not Head," she said to Seth in a don't sweat it attitude.

"At least I was half right."

"My friends usually just call me Rainbow, for short."

"Rainbow Dash," I said, tossing a set of keys with the Mercedes-Benz logo etched in them, "I don't mind a few scratches from you and your friends, but the clutch slips."

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow as Orange came downstairs, fearing the worst had happened.

"Ah can't b'lieve 'at Ah did that," she looked at me, "Please don't do anything! Ah'm a mighty sorry 'bout-"

"Forget the whole damn thing. Nobody's gonna remember it by the morning, okay? Now listen. I've invited everyone to stay here and, if you want, you and... you do have a brother, right?"

"Big Mac? Yeah."

"Okay then," he said, hurriedly, "You two can stay too. Just don't blow up again."

"Just thought you'd need the extra space to carry all the bags. The key goes to the '75 station wagon," he said as he pressed a button on the wall, making a mechanical rumbling noise, amplified by the hard surfaces in the room.

"WHAT WAS THAT!?" Yellow yelled as everyone looked around with worried expressions.

"Garage door," he said, pointing to a set of stairs going into the ceiling, "You can get to it just through there."

Within five minutes, everyone except her friend with headphones, Indigo, Twilight, and myself.

"What's this? Looks inte... AHH!!!"

Something zapped her.

"Twilight? Twilight!? CAN YOU HEAR ME!?" I yelled, checking her vitals

Yep. She's a'ight. Just needs to rest.

"Guys, help me get her on the sofa upstairs."

They helped me get her on the couch.

"Call 911!"

"We can't!

"Do it, dammit!"

I took my Huawei Nexus 6P, held it up to my face, and mocked what Indigo said.

"Hello? 911? Yes, I have an emergency at 43 Quicktime Circle in Canterlot. The nature is that my friend, who is half-pony with a horn, tail, muzzle, and pony ears was blown back about five-or-so feet and knocked unconscious. Yes, that's right. She's half-pony, and the oldest one at the house is sixteen years old. Thank you!"

"I see your point," Indigo defeatedly replied.

When the others got back, there was hell to pay.

"Miss Twilight?" a blue pony kept saying to Twilight, "Are you okay?"

"You should've called the paramedics like everyone else does! Not this!"

She came back to the land of the living, thank God, and got her bearings straight.

"Guys, what happened?" she said, reaching into my pockets.

"Are you okay, Twilie," Shining and Cadence said.

She pulled a note from her pocket

"Guys I'll be back!!!!!" she yelled, running downstairs. Firehair followed.

"They're here!" she yelled as she made a break for the front door.

"Who?" Cadence asked, running to the door with me, Firehair, Shining, Indigo, and the one with the headphones, "Please be alright," Cadence muttered under her breath as Twilight opened the door.

When she opened the door, her parents were standing there with halos and wings.

"Come in!" she said, full of ecstasy and joy.

"Listen," Shining said, believing they were just two assholes, "You better not do anything to any of us! Either of you!"

They came in and sat at the kitchen table, wings slightly open and still visible where they had their halos from earlier.

"We thought we'd make a quick stop by the house and get a few things that you might know what to do with, Sugar," Dad said, as they both put the pictures on the table, facedown and opened the two urns, both of which were empty.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MOM AND DAD'S ASHES!!!!!" Shining was boiling, to put it generously, not to mention everyone else in the house, more or less.

Probably better that I DON'T know. Otherwise, I'd probably LITERALLY raise all hell.

"I want to tell you a story, Shining," Night Light said, keeping his composed exterior like he used to before the subway, "You remember on the night of your first date?" Shining's face turned back from red to its original color, "How I told you that everything would turn out just fine, maybe even better?" he sat down, "Well," he stuck his hand in the urn and it turned to ash until he pulled it out, making it turn back into his hand.

"Dad?"

"Hi, Son," he said as Shining and Cadence began to cry, "Before you can't see, I want to show you something," Night Light looked at Velvet, and they both nodded and turned over the pictures. Printed on them were:

Twilight Velvet
1972~2012
2015~


Night Light
1971~2012
2015~

"What the hell?" I said as Firehair's mouth dropped open. After a few seconds, we exchanged a high-five.

"I don't know," she replied to me.

"We'll be back down for a while," Velvet said, "Is there anything you five want to do?"

Where were they?

"Five?" Sunset asked, "Who?"

They looked at everyone in the room.

"Oh," she said, "Guess we didn't think it through, Deary."

"Who are you two?" the one with headphones asked as my they opened their wings halfway.

"Lemon Zest," Twilight said, "This is my mom, Twilight Velvet," Velvet waved, "and my dad, Night Light."

"Nice to meet you, Lemon Zest," Dad said, shaking her hand.

"Sunset Shimmer," Firehair said in a playin' it coool voice, "Lot in common with Sci-Twi," she winked at Twilight.

Headphones = Lemon Zest. Firehair = Sunset Shimmer. PLEASE remember that, shit-for-my-brain!

"I kind of sensed it," she said.

"I'm Sugarcoat, Mr and Mrs Sparkle," a short girl with glasses said.

Short with glasses = Sugarcoat.

"Please," Night said, "Don't be so formal," the winged couple chuckled, "It makes us feel old!"

"Sorry."

We all went into the living room, where there were more shocked expressions. The ponies actually bowed to them!

"It is an honor to meet you," the white pony with a horn and wings said.

"We're not gods," Velvet replied with a smile.

"You're..." Twilight stunned.

"Angels, Sweetie."

"Mighty fine ta meet ya, Mr and Mrs Sparkle," Applejack said, holding her hat to her chest by its brim as Mom and Dad sat down on a sofa, "Ah'm Applejack," she said, before introducing her brother, "And this is Macintosh. We usually call 'im Big Macintosh er Big Mac, fer short."

"Eeyup."

"He really ain't one fer many words, if ya know what ah mean."

They gave a small laugh.

Orange = Applejack. Red and brown jacket = Macintosh Big Macintosh Big Mac I'll ask later.

"Well, it's time for us to go back now, but we'll come back as soon as we can," Velvet said, hugging Shining, Cadence, and Twilight in their wings, "We'll always love you."

They went outside and began to fly off.

"Told ya they were proud o' ya, Sugarcube," Applejack said, hugging Twilight.

I am going to have to learn a LOT of names tonight, dear God.

Author's Note:

This chapter is Seth's chapter. Sci-Twi's is the previous one.