• Published 29th Dec 2017
  • 1,113 Views, 6 Comments

Humans Meet Ponies - TwiPON3



Sci-Twi learns of the Magic of Friendship from the Princess of Friendship, and becomes ambitious to learn more

  • ...
19
 6
 1,113

15: Start of a New Morning

The Next morning


I woke up to the sound of the door to my apartment closing, "Huh?" I looked around and found that two things were different:

  1. I fell asleep on the couch in the sitting room.
  2. There were people in my apartment that I had invited over.

Spike was asleep on the floor beside the couch, occupied sleeping bags filled the front room and overflowed some into the sitting room, a few cans of soda and cups of Milo's Tea were on the floor (each having someone's name on them), two power strips filled up with phone chargers (some of which were not being used), and the apartment looking like a bigger mess than what it was. My phone and cup were on the table between the couch and chair.

"What time is it?" I said, stretching, "Did last night happen?"

My phone pinged, so I picked it up.

"Did I miss a software update?"

I pushed the home button, turning the screen on and showing my lockscreen with its standard information which read

6:03 AM
Wednesday 16 September 2015
Twilight Sparkle's Samsung Galaxy S6
Battery: 20% - Connect your charger.

"Okay, then," I said, taking the smartphone to my computer table and putting it in its cradle next to my Casio calculator watch and charging laptop, "Better go ahead and turn my computer on right now, just in case I need it later," I said, powering the 20-inch, 2009 iMac on. Thankfully, the note at the beginning didn't wake anyone, but I noticed Spike come in.

"You're up early after a long night."

"What's weird is that I usually don't stay up past 2:30 in the morning, even on my really late nights," I said through a big yawn, "What time did I go to sleep?"

"I think around 4:00."

I took out a set of clothes that Pinkie Pie gave me yesterday, a towel, washcloth, and my bottle of Suave from the dresser, "I really need this," I proceeded with my standard morning routine for after late nights: set clothes on bathroom counter, make coffee, bathe, and eat breakfast.

When I took my clothes and toiletries to the bathroom, I noticed a funky smell from the toilet, so I held my nose and went to see what it was. It didn't smell bad, almost sweet, actually, "What is that?"

It was over-sweetened cupcakes. It had to be Pinkie.

"Really?" I said, flushing it. I took some peach-scented Lysol out from under the sink and gave a quick spray, just to help clear out the odor some.

After that, I went to the kitchen to make some coffee. Getting over everyone was hard enough, but the normally-mostly-empty counter had two-gallon bottles of Milo's Tea, one being empty and the other being half full, four boxes of cans of soda, and several empty plates and bowls of crumbs that, just hours earlier, held an assortment of things such as fried chicken, curly fries, hamburgers, hotdogs, salad, casserole, chips, and other party snacks. There was really not enough space for me to make a pot of coffee. The table wasn't much better, but it wasn't trashed. Just messy.

"I hope I didn't drink. I can only hope," I said, putting the trash in the garbage can under the sink so I had room to make coffee. It took me a few minutes before I was able to make some coffee, "Alright," I said as I pressed "BREW" on the appliance, "that should be done when I'm done."

Next, I went back to the bathroom, this time to get a shower, which went without problems. After getting dressed, I decided to wear the watch today.

"I guess it couldn't hurt to see the charge on my phone."

6:37 AM
Wednesday 16 September 2015
Twilight Sparkle's Samsung Galaxy S6
Battery: 74% - Charging.

My phone was charging on about two amps even, so I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I was too groggy to smell Cadence making pancakes, though. Oddly, I didn't feel like getting coffee anymore.

"Hey, Twilight," Cadence said, having just woken up, "Did you sleep good?"

"I did. How about you?"

"Yeah. You sure had fun last night. Shining still hasn't gotten up yet."

"Last night was something to enjoy, wasn't it?"

"Yeah," she said, handing me a plate of chocolate-chip pancakes and a glass of orange juice, "You can eat in the other room if you want."

"Thanks."

"Oh, Princess Twilight left a note for you. I'm not sure if you've noticed it yet."

I looked at the table that held my phone and cup just minutes earlier and saw a note under the coaster that was still next to the couch, "Thanks, Cadence."

"No problem. Also, I'll take care of the apartment."

I sat the plate and glass on the table and read the note:

Sci-Twi,
Sorry for walking out on you like that, but I had to leave soon enough to get back to Equestria to start with your lessons. Right now, your clock says about 6:00. I didn't want to wake you, or anyone else for that matter, but I'll be ready for you by 8:00 if nothing changes. If it does, though, I'll write you.
Princess Twilight

.

"She must have left earlier."

One by one, everyone else in the apartment woke up. I waited until everyone was awake before rewinding the movie we watched last night and put it away because of our obnoxiously loud VCR.

"Las' night was MIGHTY fine, if ya ask me," Applejack said, sitting with me when she got her breakfast, "Yera great host."

"Sci-Twi," Sunset said, "This came together great."

There was a loud vibrating sound coming from my bedroom, so I went to check it out, although a part of me knew it was one of the books I had received as gifts yesterday, "I've gotta go check that out right quick."

I ran into my room and, sure enough, it was the book that Princess Twilight gave me yesterday. When I opened it, I saw that she was ahead of schedule.

Hey Sci-Twi, I am REALLY ahead of schedule right now, so much that Sunset would say something like "Wow, Twilight. You're really pumping all cylinders today," or something like that. Anyway, the point being that I have the castle ready for you. Just come on whenever you feel like it.

"Twilight," Cadence said, coming into my bedroom, "What are you going to do today?"

"Princess Twilight wants me to go to Equestria for a while."

"Perfectly okay," she said, going back to the kitchen.

Princess Twilight, I'll be there in a little bit. I'm leaving my apartment now. Is it okay if I bring my Spike?

That would be perfectly okay.

Thank you!

I checked my phone again to see the charge.

7:27 AM
Wednesday 16 September 2015
Twilight Sparkle's Samsung Galaxy S6
Battery: 100% - Charge Complete.

I took my phone out of its cradle, put on my watch, and went to the kitchen to get a small glass of tea, "And you're sure you don't want me to help?"

"It's fine."

"I'll be back in a bit. I'll write Sunset before I leave."

"Okay then."

"Ready, Spike?"

"Ready."

"Let's go, then," I turned to everyone, "It's okay if you want to stay here while I'm gone if you want to."

We left the apartment and began to CHS.