• Published 29th Dec 2017
  • 1,113 Views, 6 Comments

Humans Meet Ponies - TwiPON3



Sci-Twi learns of the Magic of Friendship from the Princess of Friendship, and becomes ambitious to learn more

  • ...
19
 6
 1,113

8: Proof and Unicorn Magic: Sci-Twi's Innocence

Sci-Twi's Point of View


I went to open the computer, only to see that I still had hooves. I was evidently still a pony. The hard part would be getting to the proof. At this point, the back of the bed was set up, somewhat being like a recliner.

"I can't use this."

"Yes you can, Sci-Twi. You've got magic!"

"That I don't know how to use!"

"Just... just picture yourself doing the steps like you normally would if you were a human, and... and do as close as you can physically. That should jumpstart your horn magic."

"Okay," I said,

Picturing my hooves as wrists, I looked at the upper-right of the keyboard and pictured myself turning the thing on while I "did" it. Much to my surprise, it actually worked.

"What the hell?" I said.

I was completely speechless as I successfully opened the video files in a folder labeled Human Twilight: Friendship Games. Up first was one of Cadence's videos, which turned out to just be just sound, as the phone was facedown. It was still good enough for everyone in the room, though.

"Okay, guys. Here's the first one. It says, 01: Manipulation into the Friendship Games.mp4."


01: Manipulation into the Friendship Games.mp4 (Sci-Twi's Point of View)


Again, this part has no video because the camera was face down. All that Cadence really needed, though, was what they were saying in the office, but when video does come in, it is widescreen.

"Shining Armor?" I said, "Why is my brother here?"

"As an alumni," my sister-in-law began, "Principal Cinch thought he could provide some... unique perspective."

"On what?"

"Why, the Friendship Games, of course," Ms Cinch began to explain, "You competed in the games, did you not, Shining Armor?"

Someone cleared their throat.

"I did."

"And do you happen to recall who won?"

"Ha, Crystal Prep did. We always win."

"We always win."

"Why did you ask to see me?" I said.

"Twilight, I'll be honest," Ms Cinch said, "It doesn't matter whether or not Crystal Prep wins or loses. The important thing is that we are expected to win because Crystal Prep has a reputation. And it is that reputation... my reputation that is responsible for everything we have here. For everything you've done here. And you've done quite a lot, haven't you?"

"I don't know. I guess."

"Oh, don't be modest. You're the best student this school has ever seen. What I can't understand is why my best student wouldn't want to compete."

"In the Friendship Games?"

"Look, Twilie," my brother said, "I know it's not really your thing, but representing the school is kind of a big deal. Plus, they could really use your help."

"It seems Canterlot High is undergoing something of a renaissance," Ms Cinch said, "Test scores are up, grades, even athletics are on the rise. You see, they are developing somewhat of a reputation. This can not happen!"

"Ms Cinch, I can't possibly participate in the games. My work here is very--"

"Ah yes. Your work. Cadence, could you and Shining Armor find my contact sheet for the Everton Independent Study program?"

"Of course," my sister-in-law said.

A door opened, then closed, assuming that my brother and sister-in-law left the room.

I turned up the volume to 100%

"I understand you've applied," Ms Cinch said, "You see, one of the advantages of having a reputation is a certain amout of influence in such things. So, let me offer you a deal. In return for contributing your agile mind to these games, I will use my influence to guarantee your application is approved. Though, I suppose I could also have it... denied."

I gasped.

"What do you think I should do?"

I skipped ahead about two or three minutes until I heard Ms Cinch's office door again.

A knock was heard.

"You may come in."

"Ms Cinch," Cadence said, "I have the contact sheet."

"Where is Shining Armor," Ms Cinch said, restlessly, "I presumed that he would be coming back with you, Ms Armor."

"Just 'Cadence', if you will."

"Where is he?"

"He had some important business come up. He'll be back momentarily."

"And just what is more important than assuring our win?" she said, becoming very angry within the conversation, almost to the point of complete screaming.

"He never really said," Cadence said, becoming anxious, "All that he really said was, and I quote, 'I just want to ensure the victory of Crystal Prep. Just trust me, hon. And tell Principal Cinch to just continue without me.'. That's it."

"Well," Ms Cinch said, backing down, "He always has been a firm and reliable person. You both have. I, with that being the case, believe that it will be for the best. Thank you, Cadence."

"Is that all, Ms Cinch," I said.

"Yes Twilight. You are free to go."

A squeak, and then footsteps approached. The phone was picked up, revealing someone, then a door squeaked and closed. The picture was too fast to make out who.

Must be Cadence.

The video then became clear as the phone was set in what must've been a purse, shallow pocket, or handbag. A few steps were taken before any more was said.

"She didn't scare you, did she?"

"Uh..."

The picture turned to an anxious me.

"Don't worry, Twilie. Cadence and I will make sure everything is okay."

"Thank you."

"Why don't you go back to your lab and work some more on your research."

"Okay."

I became less anxious and began down a flight of stairs. The video, though, didn't follow me.

There wasn't any conversation between my brother or Cadence, so I skipped about two minutes further until they started talking again, but their voices were low and stealth.

"Wow," my brother said, "You working here as the Dean really proved me wrong. She does play us for dumbasses.

"I know," Cadence said, "That also just answered the question of how much of a family of them she thinks we are."

The picture turned to my brother.

"Did you get Ms Celestia and Ms Luna in on it, too?"

"Better. I told them about it, and had them plant a few recordings."

"Now, we just play the waiting game."

The video flipped, swapping to the front camera, revealing her on the left-hand side of the screen and my brother on the right, both being about three-quarters out of the shot. I correctly assumed that this was to see if they were being followed.

"And Cinch is nowhere around."

The person holding the phone held it down, moving the picture to Cadence, presumably so she could casually end the recording. Before ending it though, she said something, as if leving a message for me.

"Twilight, we're not going to let you be bullied like this."

The video ended.


Sci-Twi's Point of View


"You see, she, Ms Cinch, is a terrible influence on you, Miss Sparkle," Princess Celestia said, "You did nothing wrong."

"I can't believe I let myself do that."

I felt so guilty just hearing the four of us on video in Ms Cinch's office, and, evidently, I was showing it as precisely as my anxious self could.

"Twilight," Princess Twilight said, "Are you okay? You're turning pale and clammy."

"Why would you two do that!?" I said to my brother and his wife, "You could have at least told me that you were going to do that!"

"We're sorry, Twilight," Cadence said, "We just had to play it cool for a while. Sadly, that meant leaving you in the dark. We wish we could've told you, but if we did, Cinch's playing the three of us for idiots would have been right, and she would have never been exposed."

I felt my color coming back, but didn't know how to take in this information. That was visibly obvious.

"Now that she's gone, we can be completely open and honest again," my brother said, both coming over to hug me.

I was immediately relaxed.

"Wow, I... I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything," Princess Twilight said.

"Should I show you the rest of the videos?"

"We've seen and heard it all," Princess Twilight said, "There's no need for that."

"Thank God," I said, slamming the lid on the computer shut while ASTRONOMICALLY stressed, "I don't want to live through any of that shit ever again!"

"You don't have to," Cadence said, somewhat motherly, "Now, I think Princess Twilight"

Her and my brother were beginning to wonder what I thought was the same thing that I was.

"would like to talk to you."

I looked over to Princess Twilight.

"If you'd like, that is."

"Sure," I said, somewhat confused, "I... guess so...?"

"Alright, then," she said, becoming focused on a topic that I hadn't figured out what it was yet, "How, when, and where would you like?"

Twilight Sparkle, you might not be receiving punishment for Ms Cinch's actions, or what you did as Midnight Sparkle. Just go ahead and start with her. She did say that she IS the Princess of Friendship, and she WILL take care of you. Everyone here would, for that matter.

"Okay," I said, taking a deep breath and regaining my composure, "Could we be alone? But... could my brother and Cadence stand right outside? I- if I need them?"

"Sure," she said, turning around to everyone else, "If everybody and everypony would step out, except for Twilight's Brother and Sister-In-Law?"

Everyone went out of the room at the request of the princess except my brother and sister-in-law.

"What would you like for us to do?" Cadence asked.

"Twilight Sparkle"

"I guess it's okay if you and everyone just started calling me Sci-Twi now, just to be completely clear as to which of us they are referencing."

"Okay, Sci-Twi," she said to me before turning around to face the only two left in the room, "Your sister has requested that you stay just outside of the room. If you want, I can have Princess Celestia get some chairs for you."

"That'd be great," Shining Armor said, "Just call if you need us."

On that, they stepped out and closed the door.

Author's Note:

Thank God for modern tech, am I right?

And, just to be on the safe side, the recording (the part with the SPOILER marking) in this chapter is the conversation the four of them had. In the movie, though, it was never recorded.

This idea was from Aftermath of the Games. It's a really great story, and I think that you give it a read, especially if you like how the idea of recording bugs fits in with the story.