• Published 29th Dec 2017
  • 1,114 Views, 6 Comments

Humans Meet Ponies - TwiPON3



Sci-Twi learns of the Magic of Friendship from the Princess of Friendship, and becomes ambitious to learn more

  • ...
19
 6
 1,114

20: Sunset's Past to Present

Author's Note:

Okay, so here's the deal with this chapter: Nothing dirty, but it's Sunset Shimmer's flashbacks from the time she came into the human world up to the present (September 2015, not December 2017-January 2018 present). I liked the idea of her being homeless and self-sustaining, but not the idea of her being taken in vs the idea that she has her own place as a kind of gift from the others. The particular condition of her living during her "homeless" state was amazing in Finding Home by Cirrus Sky, so I thought of another direction that could've gone in (especially since high-school students can't keep their noses out of others' business). This is also an amazing read, so go and take a look. ☺

Update: The colored text in the flashbacks are narration, and this is the converter I used to learn from. And no, mine is NOT perfect, so I typed the addresses the exact same way I would've in real life.

Sunset Shimmer's Point of View


Prologue: Sunset Shimmer had a drastic mutation in her brain from the other fillies at birth, one that made her a fast learner, so her and the would-be-Princess Twilight Sparkle, with this same DNA deviation, both had very high IQs and soaked up information like a brittle, dry sponge. Sunset's impatience landed her in the human world, while Twilight's patience led her to be a princess. Both are brilliant minds, and both have twice the capacity to revolutionize the world that they live in.


"Sunset," Rainbow Dash asked me, "I've wanted to ask you so damn long!"

Sci-Twi had finished cleaning the mess that she thought only she was responsible for, so the brief of our conversation managed to capture her attention.

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity scolded, "As much as I'm sure we'd all like to know, I figure that the appropriate thing to do would be to wait until her juncture! Besides, some things are best left to one's self, Darling."

"Wait... you guys..." she said to everyone before scolding herself, "Sunset, you damn screwball!" she returned to the group, "Ask away," she turned smug and sat down on the couch where there was still room, "I've been waiting for this."

"If you're from Equestria and have been here for like, two years, then how the hell did you figure out how to blend in so good!?"

Rarity returned the question with obvious, extreme, visible, speechless embarrassment. She had missed Rainbow's mark completely, in part because Rainbow gets dirty with questions sometimes, but only in good fun.

"Are... you okay?" Lemon asked.

"It'll pass."


Sunset's Flashback, Thursday 01 August 2013 8:30p, Canterlot City


What the tartarus?

I looked around and saw that it was night in this strange land. A building, somewhat like a square castle, stood in front of me on the strange path.

"It's hard. Cold," I described the cement before turning to face the mirror that, only minutes ago, had acted as a portal, my gateway to this world. It was shut off. Even though I was in this predicament, it still served one use: I examined myself in this body. I wore a leather jacket, purple shirt, orange skirt with a purple and yellow stripe, and dark boots with purple designs on them.

"Okay, then."

I felt inside of pockets, even though I knew I didn't have any belongings, whatsoever.

"Is anypony even awake?"

Nopony was awake, or even around where they could her me.

"I'm a weird creature," I said, just then noticing something reflecting moonlight, "Dammit, I'm finding out what that is!"

I crawled over to it because that was the only way I knew how to move in this new body.

"Okay, what are you?"

I figured out pretty quick that I had no magic in this world, whatsoever, so I took the "Earth-Pony" approach: my mouth and... things. I am not looking forward to this."

I grabbed the weird slab with my mouth, crawled back to the road, and set it down. One side was plastic, and the other was glass with several... buttons? I don't know.

"Okay, Sunset. You're not a pony, but you're not a chicken. Sadly, you have to act like one, though," I said, pecking at one of the buttons with my nose. To my amazement, it lit up! It showed a picture of two of these creatures, standing on what must be their hind legs.

"Might as well get on with it," I said as I crawled back over to the mirror, "How to do this."

I tried several things, none of which worked. I tried using my mouth, sliding up against it with my back, but nothing worked. Until I fell backward by using my... hoof?... to climb to my find legs, "What the-?"

The thing that replaced my front hooves started to grab things, one falling in an open position, similar to a chair leg with a wide base, while the other... clutched something. The thing, "What the-?"

I had a thought.

"Come on, Sunset! You have a brain almost as good as the Princess's!"

I clutched onto the corner of the mirror until I was all the way up. When I felt steady enough, I moved myself to the middle of the mirror, then turned myself around with my... legs? Again, I don't know. Either way, I stood, taller than ever before and leaning against the mirror with my back, trying to imitate the two creatures in the picture.

"Front legs and hooves crossed... check."

I bent down to get the slab and, after an hour of getting nowhere with the thing, I finally got it to do something that showed one of the creatures... walking? And talking. And clutching things.

"Maybe you should set this down and try walking. It does look delicate."

I tried taking a few steps, falling after each, so I looked at the thing.

I think that there's a technique for everything.

After figuring out something, I crawled back over to the mirror and tried to stand without pulling myself up on the statue. It took several tries, but I got back up.

"Okay Sunset," I took a deep breath, "If you can get to the rail without collapsing, I should be alright."

I made it to the rail, then I figured I really oughta pick up my speed if I want to survive here, so I did just that. I walked back and forth a few times until I felt comfortable. From walking to trotting, cantering, and finally galloping. I did begin to get delusional, and I couldn't figure out why until the Sun began to rise.

"Shit!" I felt like I'd fall if I galloped or cantered, and trotting wasn't going to be exactly fast enough to get out of anyone's sight if they would be waking up now, so I picked up the device and began to trot away. I started getting hungry and began to hurt after a while, and that's when the slab started making these sounds.

"Hey!" One of them came running over to me, "That's my phone! I can't go to school without it!"

School, eh? Dirt. Found.

"No."

He went to hit me, but I knew I had to keep my balance.

"Excuse me?"

As good as I was at profiling people, I just knew that he had a Playcolt magazine, or whatever it was here, in his bag. He was exactly that type: geeky, scared, and shameful.

"I know you have a girly magazine in there,"

The new look said it all: at least four.

"And I'll show it to everyone here if you don't do what I say."

Pale, sweaty, shaky, and scared, this geeky wimp agreed. Not that I cared. I just wanted to blend in around here.

"What do you want?"

"I'm not from around here," I said, pulling the magazines out and hiding them inside of my jacket, "And if you want your secret safe," I leaned in close to him, making the blackmail obvious, "I'll show everyone."

"Follow me home," he said on the spot.

I spent a week getting a crash-course on how to live in this world. As far as he was concerned, my name was Amber Skys. Over the course of that week, I learned that I was a human, I only had two legs, the others were arms, hands were at the end of those, and fingers as their appendages. I learned all of the aspects of the human body, what foods they ate (though I had to force myself from hucking whenever I sat down to a plate of meet. I had to look strong, so night was the best for that.), chemicals (chloroform came in really handy after the first night). Then I learned about how they ived and their luxuries, interactions, phrases, taboos, and the whole nine yards.

"What's the green paper?"

"Money."

He taught me how to count that over the course of an hour, so when I left on the last night, I took as much money (or cash, as they called it) and ran like tartarus, (or ran like hell, as they put it), and there was a lot, along with a notebook and writing-pen. I didn't get caught, thank Celestia, so I found a sewer and slept in there for the night. Yeah, I was that desperate.

"Just tonight, Sunset."

The next morning, I climbed out of the sewer and made a break for the nearest store that was open, making a list of the things that I would need:

  1. Clothes
  2. Bag
  3. Shoes
  4. Socks
  5. Food
  6. Drink
  7. Pillows
  8. Blankets
  9. A way to get these clothes from smelling like shit.
  10. Hacked phone
  11. Blade

After I managed to get all of that, I had to scout out a place to live. After about six hours, by the "phone's" count, I found an abandon place, so I set up home in it. Cold water, missing windows, rotting structure. All I could manage was to get by--


Present


"Wait a damn second, ponygirl!" Sunny scolded, "You're saying that--" I cut her off.

"I used possibly sexist blackmail to learn by threatening with a geeky perv's porn, resorted to theivery, slept in a damn SEWER of all places, and still chose to stay here instead of letting go of my dark-rooted pride, going back to a royal castle in Equestria, and apologizing to Princess Celestia about everything that I did wrong. Am I proud of it? No. Was I stupid? Yes. Have I learned from it? Damn right."

When I looked up, everyone had their mouths agape.

"Was it really that bad?"

"Yes...?" Cadence said, coming in the apartment with Shining Armor and a completely speechless and somewhat flushed Princess Twilight.

"Oh crap."

"Actually... we heard everything."

"Oh, God. I've screwed up, haven't I?"

"Just... keep going," she replied, "We won't judge, especially until we hear everything. And even then, we won't be mad."

"Hokay," I said with a deep breath.


Flashback


"Nobody around for miles... check. No fuzz... check. Can I get in?" I tried to get in, "dammit."

The blade fell out of my jacket pocket, giving me an idea: Cut into it.

"New experience," I said, cutting my hand, "OW!"

It felt... good. Not in the "Okay, this is comfortable" way or the "I deserve to punish myself like this" way, but more along the lines of the "Now I know what could happen to me in this world" kind of way.

"Shit that hurts, but I probably deserved it, especially after what I did to Princess Celestia," I said, wrapping my hand with one of the shirts from my bag. It stang like crap, so I took the phone out and asked it for help.

"Hey, Google?"

"Yes, Sunset Shimmer."

"What do you do when you've accidentally cut yourself with a pocketknife?"

"First, you boil anything out with hydrogen peroxide, then wrap it. Keep the wound clean and dry. If it becomes infected, see a doctor. If fatal, cauterization serves as an emergency solution, recommended after all other solutions become exhausted for various reasons."

I wrote down the stuff I'd need, then asked another question.

"Hey, Google?"

"Yes, Sunset Shimmer."

"Where can I get wrap and hydrogen peroxide?"

"At the Dollar General Store, twelve miles east of your current location in Canterlot City."

"I'll have to write that down and lookup blade safety. This does not feel good."

After a few hours of cutting, I broke in and busted a wooden fencegate open and tore down a door, revealing what looked like a waiting room in front of an office divided by a glass pane.

"Home sweet home," I said, examining the resources, "No electricity, cold water, some missing windows, and this place is abandon. Might as well be perfect."

I sat the bag down and began pulling the cushions off of the chairs in the waiting room and putting them together in the office half of the building in the shape of a bed. There were just enough, so the pillows and blankets were sat on it. The extra clothes went on the "bed" too.

"Dammit!" I said, holding up my hand.

It was dripping with blood, stinging, and my arm had began to be covered in the red liquid.

"Why do I... GAH! enjoy this? EEEEE!!"

I took a few seconds to reflect on the possibly very sick question that I just asked, and remembered the answer.

"Oh right... Ngh! This body... Augh! won't take it... and I needed to learn that!"

After a few more whimpers from the surging pain in my hand, I came to realization.

"I gotta fix this, or I might die!" I said, dumping my bag on a blanket, except for the money, and rushing to a bus


Present


"You don't... do you?" Shining asked me.

"No, of course not. It was a one-time deal: me slicing my hand by accident."

The scar, now resembling a birthmark, was still very much there.

"How did it not get infected?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, let me finish the part about me getting my own place here built, then that'll come up."


Flashback


"Listen," I said to the driver with my right hand concealed and my left hand thumbing to the store's address on something called "Google Maps", "I need to get to the nearest Dollar General. Now!"

"Take a seat. Fair's 48¢ a mile."

I did the math in my head, and it came out to be about $5.76.

"At'll do it."

Taking the first available seat, I unwraped my hand from inside of the jacket and wiped most of the blood off with the inner lining.

Damn, I'm in some deep shit.

The cut went across my hand, but the worst part was when it didn't get absorbed into the jacket's lining.

"Miss?" the person next to me said with a deep, country accent.

He was probably a little taller than me, if we stood side-by-side. Messy, light gamboge hair, moderate sap green eyes, and freckles were what characterized his face the most. He wore a white shirt under a red jacket with a brown collar and rolled-up sleeves, along with frayed, denim blue pants and a belt, with two armbands. I looked at his feet, and saw that he wore red-and-white shoes. His build? Not muscular, but still strong enough to carry a few loads.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Name's Big Macintosh, 'though mah friends us'ally call me Big Mac, fer short," he said, rather welcoming, "Now, 'bout yer hand. Ev'r'thing okay?"

"Everything's fine dammit!" I said, taking off the jacket and making even more of a bloody mess.

"Now, simm'r down," he said, grabbing my wrist and holding my hand open, so I struggled against him for a minute, "I ain't gone hurt ya. Couldn't rest with m'self 'f ah did," I quit struggling, so he cleaned the wound off, then became a little shocked, "Ya might lose yer hand, own 'count ah how nasty 'at cut is. Ah'll take ya ta the farm 'n Granny'll gitya fixed right up."

"No. I'm getting the stuff, and I'm fixing it myself!" I pulled my hand away from his loosened grip.


Present


"Wait a dang sec'nd!" Applejack scolded, "You were homeless, from Equestria, and could've DIED, and you still didn't won't any help?"

"I caught a cold a week before you found me," I said.

"If it hadn't been fer each 'f our pryin' 'n Princ'ss Twilight, you'd a been DEAD!"

I looked to Princess Twilight.

"You had a heart rate of about seven, a fever of 105.5 degrees, HARDLY breathing, and things were CRAWLING on you!"

"But the Fall Formal--" I began to sob.

"You did a horrible thing! That was in the past at that point! They forgave you! And you still wanted to treat yourself like that!?"

"I just thought it was the right thing to do."

She calmed down and came over to me with a stack of napkins, "Listen, Sunset. Even if they hadn't forgiven you, I'm sure they wouldn't have let you just die in an abandon building. I know it's not in any of anyone's heart for that to happen."

"But I didn't want them to think I was terrible," I said, wiping a consistent stream of tears off of my face.

"I know them well enough to know that's never a thought that would've ever crossed their minds. The only thing that happened was they questioned why you'd do that, and now we have the answer."

"But... some of the others at school think I should just... jump."

"Oh, just to tartarus with that crap. If they think that, then they're the ones that need to change. All you can do is fix you."

"Listen," Sci-Twi said, "From my understanding, you and I both caused similar problems, but the important thing is that now they're solved."

"Maybe tellin' us how the rest of the night went might help ya get some closure. Then, we c'n give Principal Celestia 'n Vice-Principal Luna a ring."

"Hokay," I said through another deep breath, "But I'm skipping the busride back, because it mostly involved me being pissed off at the time.


Flashback


I went inside my "house" rather mad.

"Damn store is closed," I murmured to myself as I got my bed ready, "Can't get the shit I need, sliced my hand," I opened a pack of socks and cut finger holes in two of them so I could, hopefully, use them to suck up some of the blood.

The Next Morning

"Ungh. What... happened?" I said, swatting flies away.

I got up, ate a box of crackers, found that the sock had become mostly a dark red, and picked up the list that I made yesterday.

  1. Lock
  2. Peroxide
  3. Wrap

I got back on the bus to the store, got the crap, and went back, then treated the wound. Exhaustion kept me from doing anything else.


Present


"Okay," I said, regaining my composure, "I told you that much, now you tell me how you tracked me down."

"It's... a kind of weird story," Rainbow Dash said.

"Tell it!"

"Ya know that weird guy...?"


Rainbow's Flashback, Thursday 16 January 2014 8:30a, Canterlot City High School


Yeah, so I had math with this guy first. It's the same one who, well I don't know what he did. Anyway, so I was in math with him, and he and I sat next to each other in the back of the class.

"Mr Seth!" the teacher yelled to the guy sitting next to me, "Are you paying attention?"

He looked up from his laptop that looked like a bomb.

"No. Because I already know, like, fifty times this shit. I came into your class yesterday with a soldering iron and started working on a computer board for a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop, and we," he belched, "had this exact same conversation yesterday. I'm like a damn megagenius. Get over it."

A few seconds of uncomfortable silence followed while he put the thing in a bag.

"I-I-I I'll be in my thinktank."

"And just where is it that you go to everyday?"

"In the library," he said as he left.

We haven't been able to get a connection to Sunset. Maybe he can help us.

I texted Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie something that might help

That guy's in the library. He might help. Meet up in the front room

"Would it be okay if I went-"

"Oh, just go!" the teacher snapped after being insulted earlier.

I ran as fast as I could and met the others in the school's foyer.

"Any intel on this guy?"

"Ah do see 'im right around here purdy much ev'r chance 'e gits."

We heard the sound of wood clomping on the floor, "What's that, Darlings?"

I turned to look, and it was that guy. He had shoulder-length, brown hair with strands of black and electric blue, and was probably 5'9" in height and was not shaved. He was wearing a grey windbreaker, brown shirt, blue jeans with an orange belt, and shoes that looked like wooden sandals, but with a small piece of wood running left-to-right under the ball of his foot was and one right in front of the heel, along with glasses that looked like the frames were circular made from bending a wire coathanger. The expression on his face looked like he was stressed and exhausted, appropriately matching his state of hygiene, seeing as he looked like he hadn't showered yesterday, leading us to question if this was really the right way to go about tracking Sunset down, "I think his name is Seth," Pinkie said a little nervous.

"What," he snapped in an eastern accent. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was from, but it sounded like an old friend from Brooklyn.


Seth's Point of View


Oh God. There's those five girls. Athlete, Party, Fashion, Farm, and Shy.

"What." I said abruptly,.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea, Darling?"

"Oh God," I said, letting out a heavy breath of air, "Don't go. You've got a problem, and I'm your last, and possibly only, resource. What is it?"

"Sugarcube, is this the best idea 'at y'all got?" the southern one said nervously to the rainbow-haired one.

I looked at my Casio calculator watch, "Really? I'm," I belched, "like the smartest person in the school and you don't know how to ask me a damn question? OhmyGod, Firehead never had any trouble with asking me stuff, so why the hell do you?" I slurred somewhat.

"W'll ya see," the southern one said, "At's what we wanted ta ask ya. 'f ya could help 's find 'er."

"What do we need."

"Wait, so you'll do it, Darling?"

"Hell, yeah."

"The first thing to do," the athlete said, pulling me out of the school and to the Wondercolts statue, "is to get Princess Twilight in Equestria. She's a pro at figuring out what's wrong with people."

"Equestria? The other world? Princess?"

"You would've had to have been at the formal, Darling."

"Right. One problem."

"Yes?"

"I draw the line at interdimensional travel."

"We're screwed," the athlete said as the pink one's hair deflated.

"How the fuck is that possible?"

"Ah can't take 't anymore!" the southern one said, shoving me into what should've been the glass. Instead, it was a portal, "In ya go!"

I reflexively screamed upon entering this other world, and I knocked over a horse with a horn and wings.

"Are you okay?"

I tried to stand up, but failed, falling back on all-fours instead. I looked to either side of my body and found that I had wings. Thank God I still had my clothes and glasses, or I would be naked and half-blind. Well, maybe the latter wasn't so bad, considering my current situation.

"Are you Princess Twilight?"

"Yeah. You must be from the other world."

"Yeah, they wanted you. Something about us fixing some problem with a fire-headed girl not being at school."

"Let's go, then!"

We went back through the portal. I was so FREAKING glad to get back to being a human.

"I. Am going. To kill you for that."

After a momentary unease settled, they asked what I was doing next.

"Are you going to the library, Darling?"

"Yeah."

"Can you help us find someone?"

"Mm-hm."

"Sunset Shimmer hasn't been at school for the past two days, and we're REALLY starting to get worried about her, so we were wondering if you could do something to-" I interrupted the pink one.

"Shut the hell up. I'm sorry, but I've had a long four nights. With no sleep."

"Oh."

"What was it that you were wanting me to do again?"

"You're always working with tech-geek stuff, so we were wondering if you could get her address," the athlete said.

"Really? She couldn't have paraphrased it?"

"You grow rather numb to it, Darling."

I sighed, then said, "Let's go to the library."

In the library, I was bombarded with questions.

"Okay guys, get me coffee. This'll take like 90 seconds. Give me your phones."

"Why?" the shy girl asked, "We can't contact her."

"No, but you could before today," I said, putting a flashdrive into a computer so it would kill out all of the "Big Brother" shit, "And I can take those traces from cell towers to triangulate a ping."

"Can you dumb it down?" the athlete said.

I took a ball of twine from my bag, had the southern girl stand at the chair, while the athlete stood about 25 feet away.

"What's 'is s'posed ta prove again?"

"Just wait," I said, unraveling the twine from the ball to make a trail from the southern girl to the athlete.

"Um, what's this?" the shy girl asked.

"One second," I said, putting several books on the floor, two or three of them on the twine.

"Darling, we know you can do this, but that's all we understand. What is it?"

"Orange calls Blue, so a connection is made between their phones, right?"

"Next," Blue said.

"But the connection, represented with the string, has to go through several cell towers, represented by the books."

"Okay."

"I take the call data from your phones, and from there, it's just a game of find the path."

"Oh! You're going to use our phones where we called and figure out where they ended up?" Pink asked.

"Right."

Blue and Orange gave me their phones.

"Not a lot to work with, eh?"

"It's only been me and Applejack."

"Okay," I said as I began to take the phones apart and put the pieces in two plastic dishes, "You'll be surprised at this."

"Hey!" Blue snapped, "I just got that!"

"Do you want your friend or not?"

"You can fix it, right?"

"This is as easy for me as it is for you to knock someone's ass out in soccer."

"Wow."

I plugged the phones into the computer, opened a terminal, and began to run some code, "Where's Yellow?"

"Right here," she said, putting the books back on the shelf with White. I decided to take out and drink a Red Bull, just for safe measure.

"Do you have an address, Darling?"

I turned back to the computer "Three... two... one... done."

"Where is it, Darling?"

"1482 Northwest Side Avenue," I said, making a few notes in Cyrillic, one of which was the address. I also wrote down the address of an apartment building and a Panda Express near my house.

"Now," I said, "get ready to run like hell. I'm gonna destroy this thing to cover up my trails," I said, putting my crap back up, closing the windows, and taking the drive out, putting it in a seperate pocket in my bag from the Panasonic laptop, along with reassembling the phones.

I waited for the librarian to go to the other side of the library before I pulled a flask out from under my pant leg, along with two screwdrivers. It was labeled HCl 4x, "Three..." I pried the top of the all-in-one open, "Two..." I took the flask out, "One..." I emptied the flask into the computer and pulled out the drivers, "We've got about ten seconds to get."

We all quickly walked out and was in the hall by the time the circuitry in the Dell was beyond repair.

"WHO DID THIS!?!?"

"Run like hell to Celestia. I've got the damn questions."

"Let me see your notes, Darling."

"Fine," I said, turning the page to the messily written results:

Аддрессес

  1. 830 4тх Авенуе: Апартмент Цомплех
  2. 670 Стате 72: Панда Ехпресс
  3. 1482 Нортхwест Стате Авенуе: Сунсет Cxиммер'с Хоусе

"We can't read this, Sugarcube," Orange pointed out.

"Working on it," I said, opening a camera Cyrillic-Latin translator on my phone, "Look through the phone," I said, taking a picture of the page

Addresses

  1. 830 4th Avenue: Apartment Complex
  2. 670 State 72: Panda Express
  3. 1482 Northwest Side Avenue: Sunset Shimmer's House

"What's with the other two?"

"Pander Express and the complex are throwoffs."

In Celestia's office, Luna was in there with her.

"Could we have Sunset's address? We just want to check in on her."

"I'm sorry, but that's strictly against school policy. I can't give out her personal information, even to her friends."

Complete and udder bullshit. This girl doesn't even HAVE information to give out. She's damn HOMELESS.

"I'd like to ask you something, Ms Celestia," I said, trying to play innocent, "I was wondering if you could tell me what a few addresses were around town. I was looking for a place to take my friends after school today for a bite to eat."

She abruptly changed the subject, "Were you behind the destruction of one of the computers in the school library?"

"Ms Celestia," I said, "As much as I wanna take credit for that, I couldn't," I pointed to the girls behind me, "Plus, they'd probably pulverize me if I did take credit."

"Well then, what are the addresses, and I'll point you in the right direction."

"830 4TH Avenue."

"Okay," she said, her eyes beginning to look to the side, "670 California 72."

She begin to subtly panic.

"1482 Northwest Side Avenue."

She was outwardly, silently panicking. Her eyes constricted and darting across the room, arms crossed with her hands clutching them, turning pale, heavy breathing, biting and licking her lips, and profuse sweating all gave away that she wanted us gone.

"H- How did you get those places?"

"Just asked around."

Bullshit lie, but 'Tia can't do anything but panic.

She grabbed a bottle of Dasani water and drank the whole thing before mentioning another word.

"The first one's a Panda Express, and I'm not sure about the second one, and I'm pretty sure the third one was a hoax," she said desperately.

"Love me some Panderee," I said, "Mind if we go and get takeout?"

"Take the rest of the day off. My treat."

Just as soon as we walked out, Luna walked in to check her sister.

"Are you okay, 'Tia?"

"I don't know what just happened Lulu."

"What?"

"A kid came and threw a few addresses at me, and one happened to be this girl's house!"

"It must be a sick place for her to live."

"Ms Celestia?"

I opened the door to find her in a complete panic and her sister was extremely shocked.

"Forgot to ask for directions!"

Luna gave me a dirty look as Celestia gave me a quick and dirty set of directions for a "scenic" route. She really wanted me to go away.

"Twenty-eight miles down 4TH Avenue north, turn right on exit ramp 273,--"

"OH! I know where that is! I go past there every day. Thanks!"

"No problem?"

I ran out to the others, "Guys, we'll go in my station wagon. It's a little bumpy, but it managed to put up some shit back in the east."

As we started to leave civilization, my phones began to lose signal, going off one at a time.

"An' yer pos'tive 'is 's the place?" Orange said.

"Absolutely. This is where the pings to ya phones stahted from."

When we went in, I carried my first-aid kit, just in case I needed, and I needed it like shit. This girl was on the brink of death for God's sake

"What the fuck happened!?"

"What do we do!?" Blue said.

"Pink, get my kit. Princess Twilight, help me for the love of God. Blue and Yellow, I need you to try to clean up some," I noticed White was throwing up at the sight of the blood and diarrhea, "Orange, get my phone and call 'Tia."

Princess Twilight and myself hooked a defibrillator and blood pressure monitor on her. Outside, I heard Orange's bullshit lies.

"Um, hi! Ah'm not sure what ta git," she said, looking in my station wagon at all the supplies. Technically, she wasn't lying because she never specified the scenario, "An' Ah's a wond'rin' what--"

"Oh, give me the damn thing! You help Princess Twilight and I'll speak to her!"

"Okay, then."

"Celestia, the Pander Express getup was just a hoax to get out of school to check on what's-her-face!"

"What?"

"Seven BPM!" Orange said.

"She's got a heart rate of seven, dammit!"

"That low?" Luna asked.

"So get your asses over here with a damn doctor and as big of a shitload of medicine as you can get!"

"How did you get that information?"

"I watch for signs and vibes, which 'Tia made VERY obvious ones when I gave the girl's address!"

"We can't get Nurse Redheart to her fast enough!"

"I'll text you a pingroute to your phones and change all of the lights to green for you, so you'll just have to drive as fast as hell to get here!"

The call disconnected due to bad signal.


Principal Celestia's Point of View


I had almost stopped crying when the phone rang. The caller ID was pretty sketchy, though.

Skype
+1 (530) 530-5300

"Hello?"

"Um, hi!"

"Applejack, please tell me that you're at a restaurant!"

"We're not exactly at Panda 'xpress, but Ah'm not sure what ta git."

Someone came up in the background, "Oh, give me the damn thing! You help Princess Twilight, and I'll speak to her!"

"Okay, then."

The phone sounded like it was grabbed from her hand.

"Celestia, the Pander Express getup was just a hoax to get out of school to check on what's-her-face!"

"What?"

"Seven BPM!" Applejack said in the background, causing me to put my face in my hands.

"That low?" Luna asked.

"So get your asses over here with a damn doctor and as big of a shitload of medicine as you can get!"

"How did you get that information?"

"I watch for signs and vibes, which 'Tia made VERY obvious ones when I gave the girl's address!"

"We can't get Nurse Redheart to her fast enough!"

"I'll text you a pingroute to your phones and change all of the lights to green for you, so you'll just have to drive as fast as hell to get here!"


Present


"And that's how it happened."

"Messed up."

Sci-Twi's mouth opened in shock, "Seth Circuits?"

"You know him, Darling?"

"We used to be friendly to each other, then we just kinda lost touch."

"I'd like to meet this person," Princess Twilight said, "Where does he live?"

"I... don't know."

"None of us do, Darling."


Sci-Twi's Point of View


I started thumbing through my phone, hoping that I'd still have his address. Eventually, I found it.

43 Quicktime Circle

"Hey," I said, "I still have his address!"