• Published 26th Oct 2017
  • 454 Views, 0 Comments

Heaven and Earth - FireflyMare



She fell from what seemed to be the heavens. He was just an earth pony minding his own business. Once the two met that was it.

  • ...
 0
 454

The Crash Landing

Fluttershy fell from her home in the sky, falling so fast with weak wings. She looked up to the clouds above her with fear and regret as the earth below her came ever closer. Eyes shut tightly she was confused when she never hit the ground. Opening her eyes she saw hundreds of pastel butterflies, carrying her safely through the forest. She was mesmerized by the creatures of earth, singing joyously to them until a rainbow exploded in the sky above. Once it was over she promptly let the creatures know it was okay to come out, which gained her her cutie mark.

"Wow." A quiet voice spoke up, startling Fluttershy and the animals. "Ah'm sorry! Ah didn't mean to startle ya!" The red colt came into view, shy green eyes looking straight at the filly before him.

Fluttershy hid behind a tree. "Wh-Who are y-you?" She stuttered as she looked the stranger over. "You're n-not gonna hurt me are you?" She was trembling and holding back a small bunny that was trying to protect her.

The colt walked a little bit closer. "No Ah was just walk'n through and heard yer voice. At least ah think it was yers. Ah followed the sound 'ere and saw ya with all them animals." He smiled a bit sheepishly at her. "Ah'm Macintosh."

Fluttershy looked at the colt, he seemed harmless enough, nothing like the bullies from her home. Letting her guard down she came out from behind the tree and stood before him at a distance. Her bangs covered one of her eyes. "M-my name is..." She hesitated unsure she should tell him. "My name is Fluttershy."

"Fluttershy?" Macintosh thought to himself a moment before nodding and smiling at her. "That's a perty name." He declared it like it was nothing. "Fluttershy." He said it again just to make sure he was saying it right.

Fluttershy gasped and blushed. She didn't want to just run away again, he hadn't done anything to make her do so. She also couldn't run away due to the shaking of her legs. Instead she settled on flaring her wings up and hiding behind them. She was embarrassed! Peeking through her feathers she let out another gasp as she backed up. He had gotten closer to her without any warning. "It was nice m-meeting you M-Macintosh, b-but I have to go now. Sorry!" She squeaked as she flew away from his view. "That was so close." She breathed looking back to see him confused. "He was so close." She watched as he walked away before she relaxed.


She rested there in the woods a while before it started to get dark. "Uh-oh. The sun is going down!" Fluttershy shivered as a breeze swept through the forest. "This isn't good. I'm too scared to fly all the way back up and its too dark to see." Panic started to sink in again. "What do I do?" She started to cry until small dots of light appeared before her. "Fireflies?" She watched as they circled her and flew all around until they started lighting up a path. "You want me to follow you?" She watched as they blinked in unison. "Alright. I trust you."


Macintosh was finishing up his chores when he caught a light coming from the barn. Curious about it he trotted over quietly. He opened the door and put down a bucket of apples he had been carrying. "Ello? Anypony in 'ere?" He walked into the darkness until he saw a faint light from a stall. "Who's in 'ere?" He called out, trying to act brave. Without warning he pushed back the gate to see fireflies scatter out of the way. "Huh? What're ya do'n in 'ere?" Macintosh asked a bit shocked at the sight before him.

Fluttershy looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "I-I-I!" She started to cry a little. "I'm scared!" She blurted it out and buried her head under some hay. "I-I c-can't fly!" She screamed into her hooves though it was still rather hushed.

Macintosh didn't know what to do. "Well, ya welcome to stay 'ere." He knew Granny Smith wouldn't be too thrilled, but what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. Besides with AJ out of town it wasn't like she was at risk of being found.

With tear filled eyes she looked up at him. "R-really?" She cried more as he nodded. "Th-thank you." She started to calm down a bit. Though she squeaked when she heard his grandmother call for him.

"Don't worry Fluttershy. Ah'm gonna go now. Granny wont know yer 'ere so it should be okay." With a final nod he left her alone. His grandmother had asked what took him so long so he made up a story to get her to leave him alone. When he was sure she was asleep he crept out of the house, shivering momentarily in the breeze. "She must be freezing in there." When Macintosh entered the barn again she was where he had left her. She was cuddle up in a corner shivering.

Hearing hooves on the ground nearby her ears twitched. She woke up to a basket with some apples in it. "What's this for?" Fluttershy looked up at Macintosh confused.

"Ah figured ya might be hungry." He lightly kicked some hay around before clearing his throat. "It gonna be perty cold tonight. Ah don't want ya gettin' sick or nothin'." He blushed lightly before finding his way around her and throwing a blanket over the both of them.

Fluttershy squeaked and flailed a bit, but ultimately let him cuddle up next to her. To her surprise he was rather warm and comfortable. The apples he had brought her would good too. Before she passed out she snuggled up to him a little bit more. "Thank you Macintosh."

Macintosh looked down and the filly beside him. The tears in her eyes were gone and she had finally stopped shivering. He found himself starring after a while, entranced by her pink mane and delicate features. She was definitely pretty and a very delicate filly. "G'night Fluttershy." He whispered as he pulled the blanket up a bit more and rested beside her.

Author's Note:

It's kinda -- meh, I know, but what do you think? Want more?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment