• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 635 Views, 37 Comments

Mini Mysteries - Acologic



A pony lies dead; a witness steps forward. Are they telling the truth – or lying? Slipstar knows. Do you?

  • ...
1
 37
 635

The Submerged Treasure

‘This is sterling silver!’ said Crimson Quill, the Canterlot Journal’s ever-sceptical editor-in-chief. He passed the tarnished candlestick to Slipstar, whose inspection confirmed it.

Miss Ivory looked delighted. ‘I told you, Mister Quill! I told you, didn’t I? I knew you wouldn’t believe me, but I told you!’ She launched into her story.

‘My nephew loves to fish. The weather was perfect last Thursday. Heavy rains, exciting the minnows. He took his rowboat out and, just as he was about to start, spotted a bag sitting on the bottom of the lake. And he was lucky: the water there was relatively shallow – neck-deep, I think he said – so he waded in bravely, dipped his head under and got it! And inside he found silver! What do you make of that? Worthy of a feature, I think!’

‘I think,’ said Crimson Quill as he returned to Miss Ivory her candlestick and opened the door, ‘that I’ve heard enough.’

Slipstar showed her out.

Why?

Miss Ivory was fishing all right – for a headline. Her nephew could not have found the silver in heavy rains, which would disturb even the clearest lake to the degree wherein one could not see a bag sitting on its bottom.