• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 635 Views, 37 Comments

Mini Mysteries - Acologic



A pony lies dead; a witness steps forward. Are they telling the truth – or lying? Slipstar knows. Do you?

  • ...
1
 37
 635

The Slow Race

Cecil Andrews, the perpetually single mare-chaser, did not greet Slipstar enthusiastically, which told the latter he was mourning yet another love-life-related failure.

‘I’m lost with this one,’ Cecil said as Slipstar watched him sulk. ‘Pretty Petal – she’s toying with me.

‘Petal’s a dazzler. If I’ve tried to woo her once, each bachelor in Canterlot has tried a hundred times. She strings us along, but I can’t help myself. As it stands, a stallion called Prince and I are battling for the right to court her. She said the one whose car enters her drive last will win the date. So, both of us are sitting around, feeling rejected. I bet she feels pretty smart.’

Cecil stared gloomily into his empty glass.

‘Well,’ began Slipstar, chuckling, ‘if you’re willing to bend the law, you could win that date quite easily.’ He smiled as Cecil worked it out.

‘You’re right!’ said Cecil suddenly – and, having leapt to his hooves, he ran to Prince’s house.

Why?

Cecil realised that, if he were to ‘borrow’ Prince’s car, he could drive it to Petal’s and, in so doing, ensure that his own car arrived last.