• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 630 Views, 37 Comments

Mini Mysteries - Acologic



A pony lies dead; a witness steps forward. Are they telling the truth – or lying? Slipstar knows. Do you?

  • ...
1
 37
 630

The Pedagogue

‘What is it this time, Miss Ivory? Scheming landlords? Thieving clerks?’

‘The games mistress,’ said Miss Ivory at once. ‘Pamela Hope.’

Crimson Quill snorted.

‘Don’t tell me you believe that rubbish about her caning pupils?’

‘It isn’t rubbish, Mister Quill! It’s all over the tabloids! What’s more, that she-devil struck a filly before my very eyes!

‘On Friday afternoon, I popped along the school for a chat with my friend Margaret, who works as a janitor. At half-past twelve the clock on the wall went off, and Margaret left to clean the hallway while I helped myself to tea. After ten minutes or so, I heard a scuffle outside. Then the door burst open and in marched Miss Hope, dragging a student by the ear! She mustn’t have noticed me, because she thwacked the girl a blighty one! I cried out, and she froze. Then, without a word, she stormed off, taking the poor girl with her!’

‘Off you storm, then, Miss Ivory,’ said Quill brusquely, ‘and take your nonsense with you!’

‘Some ponies just can’t take a telling,’ sighed Slipstar, holding the door wide.

What was wrong with Miss Ivory’s story?

Quill knew that Miss Ivory was fishing for a headline. She claimed the clock on the wall went off at half-past twelve. Unfortunately for her, wall clocks aren’t alarmed.