• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,869 Views, 250 Comments

For science - Book three - Znegil



Much changes as Chrysalis moves into the library so our pair can "research" her and find a way for the changelings to fit into pony society. Meanwhile, a new threat emerges.

  • ...
14
 250
 1,869

29 Shapes

I opened my eyes and felt surprisingly normal. The morning sun warmed my body through the window and I noticed Twilight was sleeping next to me, her front hooves wrapped around my neck. Carefully I freed myself from her embrace and sat on the side of the bed, my feet gently touched the ground.

I slowly shifted my position to put more and more weight on my feet until I was standing upright while I still held on to the frame of the bed. My feet felt a bit shaky but that had to be expected after being in bed for such a long time. I waited a few more seconds before I carefully walked towards the bathroom, not only because I had to pee, but also to check my appearance in the huge bathroom mirrors.

Since I was only in my lingerie I had a very good view of my whole body… it looked so strange... these black slowly wandering blobs, which covered parts of my body, creeped me out. I touched one of them but it didn’t felt any different than the rest of my skin. I used a finger and pressed down hard on it to see if I was able to keep it from moving. It was unimpressed by my attempt and kept on moving in the same direction, within a minute it had completely left the spot where I pressed down.

I moved closer towards the mirrors to observe one of these blobs in detail.

It seemed the outer shape of this black thing was constantly shifting, never keeping the same shape.

“What is this?”, I mumbled. “I wonder…?”

Suddenly it changed its shape in a different way, it got longer, thinner, and somewhat crooked, I looked around and saw all of them were changing the same way.

“What?? What is happening?”

I concentrated on the same blob again as is continued to shift its form, it started to look like a little snake… a thought I immediately banned from my mind.

“I wonder…?”

I was absolutely perplexed when it reached its final form.

“?”

On my right cheek, there was a perfect black question mark, my whole body was covered in black question marks.

‘Great’, I thought. ‘Instead of looking like a cow, I look like a comic-book villain. I wonder…?’

I paused.

“I wonder…?”, I repeated out loud.

I tried to imagine they would form an ‘A’ instead.

Nothing happened for a while and I was about to give up when the question marks slowly changed again, it took about another minute but finally, my whole body was covered in ‘A’s.

“Yay.”, I mumbled sarcastically. “From being the Riddler to being alphabet soup.”

I wanted to experiment more but I suddenly remembered there was another reason why I went to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet and thought about this new development while I felt the pleasant pressure release in my lower body. I still thought it was creepy to have this stuff crawl all over my body, but at least it had some interesting properties.

After I was finished I looked into the mirror again and found they had transformed into blobs again. Slowly I walked back to our bed and sat next to Twilight.

She was sleeping peacefully and I watched her cute little belly move while she was breathing. I softly caressed her purple fur.

After a few minutes, she slowly opened her eyes.

“Honey, you should still stay in bed for today.”, she told me. “The doctor said she would check on you later.”

“I'm feeling fine.”, I replied. “I don't think you have to worry so much about me.”

“After all that's happened?”, she asked in disbelief. “I won't take my eyes off you for a moment. Just stay in bed for another day and let the doctor check on you.”

I couldn't resist her worried look for more than a few seconds.

“Fine, I do as you say.”

I laid next to her and she carefully wrapped her hooves around me, it was nice to feel her body heat again. I decided to keep my new findings a secret for a few days until I had a better grasp of how it all worked, right now I had no desire to be her test-subject again.

The doctor, who arrived later this afternoon looked strangely familiar, but then I remembered Nurse Redheart had told me her mother was working in Canterlot for the princesses.

After a thorough check-up she finally addressed me. “You seem to be surprisingly healthy considering what you have been through. Also, I can't find any negative influence from your… ‘condition’ right now, but we don't have any experience with something like that.”

She continued after a short pause: “If by tomorrow morning we don't see anything strange I'm willing to let you go home so you can celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve together.”

“Thank you so much!”, Twilight replied happily.

I was shocked Hearth's Warming Eve was right around the corner, how should I get Twilight's present before our celebration?

Once the doctor had left the room I addressed my marefriend. “Could you bring me something to eat? I'm pretty starved and since I'm not allowed to leave the bed today…”

“Sure honey.”, she replied and kissed me tenderly. “It won't take long, I will be back soon.”

Just as she was about to leave I added something. “Could you first ask Chrysalis to visit me again, I want to talk to her about everything that happened.”

“Sure, I asked her.”

Chrysalis entered only minutes later and sat down on the side of my bed.

“Twilight told me you wanted to talk about what had happened, I thought we already did.”, she started the conversation.

“You’re right, but I couldn't tell her the true reason.”, I replied.

She looked at me with a mixture of surprise and curiosity.

“Could you please go to Ponyville today to get my Hearth's Warming Eve present for Twilight from the shop.”, I begged her.

“It’s already pretty late, I would need to fly there to make it in time. You could just give it to her afterward, after all that’s happened…”

“Please!”, I interrupted her. “It’s very important for me to give it to her at Hearth's Warming Eve.”

She looked surprised about my serious tone. “Well… since it’s so important to you… What is it I should pick up?”

I paused for a moment, it felt strange to say it out loud just like this. “Wedding rings from the Jeweler.”

She just stared at me for a while… then she blinked… and blinked again…

“You’re going to ask her THE question?”, she was finally able to ask.

I nodded in response.

“Okay, I guess it can’t get much more important than this.”, she stated with a smile and started to stretch her wings. “But will they even hand them to me? I don’t think I look very trustworthy.”

“They are already paid, you just need to pick them up. I think it would be the easiest solution if you just enter the shop looking like me.”

A huge grin showed on her face. “It's still strange to be asked to use my abilities. With or without your new skin features?”

“Your choice, I don’t care.”

Chryssi winked at me and without further hesitation, she jumped through the open window and immediately opened her wings to glide away from the castle.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long... things happened.
There should be a new chapter within two weeks from now on.