• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,865 Views, 250 Comments

For science - Book three - Znegil



Much changes as Chrysalis moves into the library so our pair can "research" her and find a way for the changelings to fit into pony society. Meanwhile, a new threat emerges.

  • ...
14
 250
 1,865

4 Party

I walked into our shared room and found Twilight laying on the bed reading a book, she looked up to me when I entered. “Welcome back, my love.”, she greeted me.

I sat next to her and softly kissed her neck. She hummed happily and drew me into bed with her. We cuddled up and enjoyed each other's body heat for a while.

“How went things with Chrysalis?”, she finally asked after a while.

“Much better than I had expected.”, I replied. “She isn’t always comfortable showing it, but there is a softer side to her. She can be very caring towards her subjects and to Lavender as well.”

Twilight's face showed some disbelief so I started to explain to her what had happened while I had been with ‘Chryssi’. Her face was horrified when she heard about the part where Chrysalis had to decide with of her subjects would survive.

We laid next to each other in silence after I had ended my story and she gripped me even tighter.

“I had no idea how hard the changelings have it.”, she whispered after a while.

“I can kind of understand her decisions.”, I added. “I’m not sure what I would have done in her situation.”

“Well attacking Canterlot is an extreme decision, why didn’t they just ask for help?”, my marefriend asked.

“Maybe they feared their weakness could be exploited… I don’t know. But they didn’t kill or seriously hurt anypony when they tried to take Canterlot, maybe… maybe…” I sighed. “You know, let’s switch the subject. We should start to get ready for the reception, it should start soon.”

“Please don’t be too trusting towards her, we can’t know if they have some hidden agenda.”, Twilight reminded me. She looked to the window. “It looked like we are still pretty early, I guess we have still at least an hour before anything will start in the palace garden. Let’s use the time for more cuddles and kisses.”, she told me with a grin.

I was more than happy to agree, I drew her close and started to nibble on the tip of her ear.

We entered the garden and looked for our friends among the hundreds of ponies. Twilight was in a white dress with blue accents, while I was wearing a light blue long sleeved dress with black tights underneath it. I was happy Rarity had found the time to make these, there was still a thin layer of snow covering the ground and I had no fur to protect me from the cold.

Because of my size, I had a good view of the whole crowd and a certain pink party pony stood out well enough. As we got closer we found the rest of the Elements of Harmony next to her accompanied by Luna and Thunderlane.
“Hey, y’ all.”, I shouted in my best AJ impersonation.

They all smiled, the biggest grin coming from the farm pony itself.

“So nice to see you here darling.”, Applejack replied in her best high-society voice. “It is always a pleasure to have you around.”

There was a lot of laughing and a ton of confused looks around us. Thunderlane seemed to be a bit on edge, it looked like he worked very hard to impress Rarity with his manners.

We had a little chat with everypony and found out this reception was already the sixth date of our newest couple and Rarity beamed with happiness. I was so glad to see her this way, she had tried to hide it, but I had noticed she had been pretty down around all these happy couples lately.

We excused ourselves so we could search for Cadence and Shining Armor. After only a few moments we found them next to the presents table where ponies gratulated them and handed over the many things they had brought. We took our spot at the end of the line and waited for our turn.

I checked our surroundings while we waited, saw all these happy ponies, the lovely decorations and smelled the food we would be eating soon. I started to imagine our own wedding again and I was really looking forward to it, I drew Twilight closer to me so our bodies touched and brushed with my fingers through her mane which made her sigh happily.

“How comes you are in this lovey-dovey mood right now?”, Twilight asked after a while. “Not that I’m complaining.”

“How couldn’t I feel this way with all this love and happiness around me.”, I explained. “Everypony is so full of joy and love right now, I think for Chrysalis this place must shine brightly as the sun.”

“I would be happier if you would avoid mentioning her name around me.”, I heard Cadence voice in front of me. I found we had reached the front of the line without noticing. I looked at the pink princess, she showed a happy face but I heard the slight anger in her voice and her body seemed tense.

“I’m so sorry Cadence, it is understandable you feel this way.”, I replied. I thought about mentioning something to defend what Chrysalis did and why she did it, but it didn’t seem wise right now. I decided to quickly change the topic instead.
“Finally I have the opportunity to gratulate both of you for forging your bond. You look so happy together and this dress is simply stunning.”

I got the intended reaction as Cadence body seemed to relax and her smile got more honest.

“Thank you.”, she said in a melodic voice. “We’re so happy you can attend our reception.”
She put a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder and addressed her in special. “Thank you so much Twily for organizing everything, apart from the incident everything went perfectly.”

My marefriend showed a slight blush as she replied. “You know how much I love organizing things, it was so much fun for me to do this for my sister-in-law.”

I told them about our gift, the recordings we had made of their wedding with the holographic recorder we had worked on. “This way you will be able to relive this moment again any time you want to.”, I concluded my explanation.

Both were very happy and thanks us, Cadence having tears in her eyes.

I noticed how many ponies waited in line behind us. “I think we should give others the chance to gratulate you as well.”, I said while I politely pushed Twilight a little forward. “See you all later.”

We searched for our table and once we were seated the rest of our friends quickly joined us. With all of us united this sure should be a fun night.

-----O_O-----

It was quiet in the Everfree Forest, night had just fallen.

A few birds got startled as a blue portal opened in the same place the first one had opened a few weeks ago. A flying autonomous drone emerged from the opening and hovered on the spot as the portal closed behind it. It began to rotate to record its surroundings, flying in small circles. One of the small birds got curious and approached the strange object, it got zapped by an electrical charge from the drone and fell stunned to the ground.

The drone lowered itself down to the helpless creature and used its blades hidden inside to dissect and analyze its body. It seemed like every other creature around had fallen absolutely silent while the blood started to drench the ground.