• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,867 Views, 250 Comments

For science - Book three - Znegil



Much changes as Chrysalis moves into the library so our pair can "research" her and find a way for the changelings to fit into pony society. Meanwhile, a new threat emerges.

  • ...
14
 250
 1,867

16 Appearance

“What is all this racket about? And why is the floor wet?”, Rarity asked after she had stormed into the room.

I quickly decided not to tell her the embarrassing story of what had happened and searched for a possible explanation I could tell Rarity.

“Rainbow had crashed through the open window…”, I began. That wasn't so bad for a start, I had heard she did something like this before… but my mind was blank when I searched for a possible explanation for the wet floor.

Seconds passed while I started to sweat, I totally forgot how bad I was at this.

Chrysalis decided to come to the rescue.
“She had flown through a rain cloud before and was absolutely drenched when she impacted here, maybe it was part of the reason she had lost control.”

Even though Rarity smiled at us and acted normal, I felt her skepticism.

‘Wow, reading others feelings is getting second nature to me.’, I thought.

“Well, I'm glad nothing bad happened.”, Rarity replied and didn't ask more into the issue.

“All the clothing you crafted is perfect, like always.”, I decided to steer the conversation in another direction. “I still in awe you're better in this than any designer from the world I came from.”

Flattery still worked on her without fail, she instantly relaxed and showed a little blush.

“Oh thank you, I'm only doing my best for my customers.”

We walked out the boutique with all our new clothing in a saddle bag Rarity had lent us and Chrysalis was wearing right now.

“You're so much better in coming up with this stuff.”, I told her once we had some distance to the boutique.

“Well, I'm not proud of being a good liar, but decades of playing the roles of fake characters makes it easy to lie…”, she replied. “... until you don't even know how the truth feels like.”

She had only whispered the last part, I barely had heard it. We walked for a moment in silence.

“It must be hard always to be someone else and never to show your true self.”, I finally addressed her.

“You get used to it… in a way.”, she replied. “It was better not to show anyone this hideous sight anyway.”

Surprised I stopped walking. “Are you really thinking of yourself this way?”

Her head lowered nearly to the ground and I felt her shame.

“Of course, what would you think if every time someone sees your true self by accident they scream in horror?”, she replied, her voice trembling.

“You know Lavender love you deeply.”, I tried to reason with her.

“I think she loves me despite how horrible I look. ”, she answered and walked on.

I grabbed her by her tail. “No!”

She looked at me in surprise, her eyes were reddened.

“That's just not true.”, I continued and closed the distance to her. “They scream because you are nothing they have expected or seen before, not because you're ugly.”

She tried to look away but I held her head with my hand and prosthesis, I wanted her to see my eyes while I said it. “You look different, but also very pretty and there is an elegance to your appearance.”

Her face had become hot pink and her cheeks felt like they were burning in my hands.

“You're… just saying that…”, she stuttered and tried to get her head out of my grip… but not as hard as she could have.

Instead of replying right away, my hand wandered up her horn.

“What are you doing?”, she whispered confused.

After a few seconds, I was able to remove the magic-blocking clamp from her horn.

“Read my feelings.”, I told her. “You are a very beautiful looking… mare. And I'm sure Lavender and I ain't the only ones thinking this way.”

Never before had I seen her this insecure, her body was shaking but I also felt so much happiness from her.

“I… I need a moment to calm down…”, she said and took a few steps away from me next to a building. I heard heavy breathing and she wiped her eyes a few times.

I took her about a minute before she was ready to face me again.

“Thank you for your kind words.”, she said with a warm and gentle smile. “It feels good to finally have a friend and to talk about things troubling me.”

I felt her friendship towards me… I really should learn soon how NOT to use this ability all the time, it felt like an unfair advantage to me.

She took another few deep breaths.
“I think you should attach the thing to my horn again before we move on.”

“Right, let's do that.”

“I have finished the list!”, a happy Twilight screamed towards us the moment we entered the library.

“Great. I knew I could rely on you for this task.”, I praised her. “Let's hear it.”

She showed a content smile and opened the scroll on the table before her.

“First we will complete the research of Chrysalis' body and abilities as well as the changeling's culture… I
I hate to leave anything unfinished.
Next, we will look into Stella's newfound ability to sense everypony's feelings followed by her ability to borrow magic.
When all these tasks are completed we will continue to research ‘Equestrian chemistry’.”

She was bursting with energy, ready to take on any task ahead. She pointed towards Chrysalis shouting: “Are you ready to have all your body's secrets revealed?!”

Chrysalis stroke a seductive pose and answered in a sexy voice: “I'm not sure you're ready to handle these…”

Twilight shrieked back, blushing furiously. “I… I… didn't…”

After a few moments she released Twilight from this situation while she was laughing hard. “Relax, I'm only teasing you.”

“I… knew that…”, my marefriend replied not very convincing, Chrysalis clearly had caught her off guard.

I smiled at their nonsense, it did show how much our guest started to open up to us.