• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,868 Views, 250 Comments

For science - Book three - Znegil



Much changes as Chrysalis moves into the library so our pair can "research" her and find a way for the changelings to fit into pony society. Meanwhile, a new threat emerges.

  • ...
14
 250
 1,868

31 Please shut up

We exited the train in Ponyville after an enjoyable ride through the snowy Equestria. The town was beautifully decorated for the occasion, it was very colorful with many candy canes and golden stars.

Everypony I saw on our way to the library was beaming with joy and holiday spirit… it was a bit too much, it looked like some holiday special on TV, but it got me in an excellent mood nonetheless.

“I have to… go somewhere before returning home, please go ahead and I will meet you in the library.”, Twilight told me.

I decided not to ask any questions since I suspected this was about her present to me.

I continued my stroll through the white and shining Ponyville until I heard a familiar voice.

“Hey boss!”

I turned around and looked into Lyra’s smiling face.

“I told you not to call me that.”, I scolded her playfully while I used my hand to mess up her mane.

“I heard my boss is a hero who saved Equestria.”, she continued unimpressed by my attempts to confuse her.

“I only did what I had to do to keep my friends safe.”, I responded. “Chrysalis did most of the work, I wouldn't stand before you without the things she did.”

“That may be the case, but I still want to thank you for what you did.”, she told me and drew me into a long and warm hug.
“Thank you for protecting everything I love.”, she whispered and tears started to soak my winter jacket.

I wasn't used to seeing her this emotional, so I just slowly ran my hand through her mane and tried to ignore the strange looks we got from passing ponies.

It took less than a minute until she was back to her happy self.

“Lavender has invited me to your Hearth's Warming Eve celebration while I was working in the lab, Bon Bon will come as well.”, she said smiling while looking up to me after she had wiped her eyes.

“That does sound lovely.”, I answered while I carefully freed myself from her grip. “I'm looking forward to it.”

“I still have a few preparations to complete, see you later.”, she proclaimed and Pinkie-bounced away from me. I smiled at the lovely antics of my assistant and friend.

After a few more minutes I arrived at the library which was beautifully decorated as well. There were a lot of flowers involved, and I guessed this was Lavender’s work.

When I entered the library I was surprised to find Twilight ordering Spike around. I had expected her to arrive after me.

“Faster Spike, we don't have much time. Get this stuff done so we can move on to the next point of the list!”, she shouted.

“Relax honey.”, I addressed her and walked up to my marefriend. “You know Lavender and Chrysalis want to do all the preparations so we can relax.”

She froze on the spot and slowly turned around.

“Oh, you're here already?”, she replied and looked nervous, her eyes darted from side to side.

Once again her words confused me, I should have arrived here before her, but maybe she had used her teleportation spell.

I just grabbed her and drew her close, running my fingers through her mane.

“I think I have to go to the kitchen right now, there is something I really need to do right now.”, she stuttered and looked panicked.

I didn't know where all of her chaotic behavior came from, but I knew something that always calmed her down.
“Just relax honey…”, I addressed her once again before I drew her into a deep and loving kiss.

Something was off…

Her whole body had gone stiff and… she smelled strange.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw how the front door was opened and Twilight walked in… WAIT WHAT?

“Surprise!”, she shouted. “I bring Pinkie’s seasonal cinnamon rolls…”

‘Twilight’ struggled to get out of my grip and brought a few feet between us.

“I just wanted to pull a little prank on Spike.”, she tried to defend herself. “This wasn't supposed to happen.”

Cinnamon-Twilight was fuming, magical energy was running across her body and she looked like she was ready to kill her doppelganger.

I tried to get between them but my marefriend already shot a blast of magical energy towards Chrysalis, which she only barely was able to dodge. The magical projectile impacted the bookshelf behind her, igniting a whole row of books.

Without pause she fired a second blast, this time her doppelganger could bring up a shield that was able to defect the magic missile to the right, impacting into another bookshelf.

I tackled my marefriend and tapped into her magic to form a shield bubble around us.

“Stop shooting or you will rost us.”, I told her. “Try to calm down, this was just a prank that went wrong.”

Instead of continuing to use her magic, she kicked, bit, and screamed. Never before had I seen her in such rage, I felt this fire through our connection.

“Would you please drop the disguise and leave the room, you're not helping right now!”, I shouted towards Chrysalis while I endured a series of kicks.

She quickly did like I said while Spike started to extinguish the fires.

I just held on to her and tried to ignore the pain while she continued to kick and bite.

It took a few more moments before her screaming shifted into crying and she stopped struggling.

I felt this was the right moment to address her again: “Honey, I really wasn't…”

A well-placed kick on my forehead knocked me out.

Slowly I opened my eyes and saw a blurry Chrysalis above me.

“Welcome back.”, she said while my eyes started to focus again. “I can't tell you how sorry I am about everything that happened, it was so stupid to do that.”

She used a wet towel on the swollen parts of my body, which were quite a lot.

“Where is Twilight?”, I asked and felt my lower lip was swollen as well.

“We don't know, she ran out of the library while I was hiding in the kitchen and Spike extinguished the burning books.”

I stood up, a little to fast, I nearly lost consciousness again. Chrysalis held on to my shoulder to support me.

“I have to find her.”, I stated. “But first you have to get me something…”

Since I had no idea where she was hiding I used our connection to find her. It wasn't precise and took me forever to decide which way I felt her presence to be stronger. What I felt through our connection wasn't encouraging either, it was a mixture of sadness and self-hatred.

After half an hour of slowly walking towards where I felt her, I found her sitting in front of a small lake outside of Ponyville; she was easy to spot since her colors were a strong contrast to the snow around her.

Because of the crunching snow, she noticed me while I was still far away, but she only briefly looked my way before she turned towards the water again.

“Hey, my love.”, I softly addressed my marefriend as I had reached her.

“I'm sorry for what I did…”, she whispered without looking my way. “I was so afraid…”

I carefully put my arm around her.
“Afraid of what?”, I asked.

“Afraid of losing you…”, she replied. “Just like Applejack I never imagined to find someone to love, but now that I found you I'm so scared you might lose interest in me and find somepony else…”

I turned her face towards me. “That will never…”

“Oh no, your beautiful face is all swollen”, she interrupted me. “I'm so sorry for…”

I put a finger on her lips, silencing her.
“That's not important right now and I'm not angry because of it.” I took a deep breath.
“I will never lose interest in you, I love you more than anything. There is nopony else I rather would be together and there never will be.”

The scenery started to tint orange as the sun was setting and reflected beautifully in the lake before us.

I took a little box out of my back pocket.

“I wanted to give this to you at our Hearth's Warming Eve celebration, but I feel this is the best moment to give it to you.”

Nervously I held the box in front of her, I felt my whole body shake.

She stared at it for a long time, unsure what to make of this. Finally, she extended her hoof to take it, my heart was racing, it felt like it wanted to burst out of my body any second.

She stared at me.

“Sweet Celestia! The blobs on your body have formed little hearts, that's amazing. I have never expected they could do something like… Mmmpppff..”

I had tapped into her magic to fuel my magic hand and pressed it onto her mouth to keep her from continuing.

“Please shut up, darling.”, I told her as softly as possible. “I know they react when I'm having strong feelings and I even have limited control over them, but this moment is too important for me right now. Please, please ignore this for now.”

“Wmmmpf hammmpft ymmmf tmmmpf mmpf?”, she asked through my hand.

“Because you would have just tried to instantly analyze it and I needed some time to just relax after all that has happened, plus the doc would probably not have allowed us to celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve in Ponyville together.”

I removed my hand and made it disappear, I still held the box in front of her.

“Now would you please, please open my Hearth's Warming Eve present for you.”, I begged her.

I felt her curiosity as she reached out for it, at the same time I was sure she had no idea how important it was.

She took the box and lifted its top with her magic.

She stared inside for a moment, then the lid fell to the ground and she sat down in the snow, her body shaking but not from the cold.

“Are these… are these…”, she stuttered.
Instead of answering I took the larger ring out of the box and carefully put it on her horn.

“Twilight Sparkle…”, I began, my voice was shaking. “Would you like to marry this stupid, crazy women?”

She squinted at the ring around her horn, tears ran down her cheeks. After a few seconds, she was finally able to move again.

She took the other ring with her magic and put it on my finger.
“More than anything else!”, she shouted happily and made us tumble to the ground when she jumped up to hug me.

Laying in the grass in front of the golden lake, we kissed for minutes while Celestia's sun slowly disappeared.