• Published 8th Oct 2017
  • 705 Views, 2 Comments

Harry Potter and the unfortunate ponyfying accident - Downunda Thunda



Hermione Granger has made a mistake while attempting a complex spell, and now she and her friends are in trouble.

  • ...
1
 2
 705

We're not in Hogwarts anymore

Chapter 2

We’re not in Hogwarts anymore

“Hermione, what did you do?” Harry asked, as he looked over his new body. He still had his messy black hair, which he could never tame, but now there was an equally messy short tail coming out from his rear. He was also covered in grey fur, except for two additional limbs on his sides, which were covered in feathers, Harry discovered as he stretched them experimentally that these were wings. He had become a pegasus. He still had his scar and his glasses, as well as a white collar with a tie, featuring the scarlet and gold colors of Gryffindor. On his rump, there was also a picture of a golden snitch, the ball that ends a game of the wizarding sport, Quidditch.

“I don’t know!” came a panicked voice from an equine who was now frantically flipping through the pages of the book. She was dull yellow in colour, but Harry assumed it was Hermione, as the equine’s mane was just as brown and just as bushy as Hermione’s hair usually is. But instead of wings, Hermione had a single horn jutting up from her forehead, meaning she had become a unicorn. She had a picture on her rump too, which appeared to be a feathered quill and a wand crossed. Her attire was also the same, being just a collar and Gryffindor tie. “I’m looking!” she said “Hang on...There has to be an answer in here! There has to be!”

The final piece of their trio, Ron was standing off to the side, eyes screwed tight muttering the same thing over and over under his breath: “Please don’t let Malfoy see us, please don’t let Malfoy see us!” Ron was a bright orange equine, which sported the trademark Weasley red hair. Unlike Harry or Hermione, he seemed to be a normal horse, except wearing a collar and tie, and with a picture of a Chess knight on his flank.

“Hermione,” Harry said as he looked around. “Where exactly are we?”

“Well, obviously we’re in Hog…” Hermione started, but stopped herself as she looked up from the book. Ron opened his eyes and gasped. The three of them were looking at an incredible sight. They appeared to be on top of a small, grassy hill overlooking a town, flanked on either side by dense forests. Behind the town was a river which snaked it’s way past the foot of a mighty mountain which had sheer cliffs on all sides. Despite this, there appeared to be a large marble castle clinging to the side of the mountain, it’s tallest spire even topping the peak of the mountain.

“wait…” Ron said slowly. “Am I… naked?” he looked back over himself, and realized that he was indeed lacking his school uniform. Surprisingly, this wasn’t what the most concerning thing for him was. “My wand!” he exclaimed. “Where’s my wand?!” as the other two looked around in mild panic, they realized that they too were wandless.

“This is bad.” Said Hermione. “Really really bad. Without my wand, I can’t fix this”

“Maybe we could try the nearby town.” Harry said slowly “There might be other witches and wizards down there.”

“Are you absolutely insane?!" Yelled Ron “We can’t let anyone see us like this. A horse, a Pegasus and a unicorn… all of whom can talk… people will either think they’ve gone mad, or worse, they could be muggles who will take us and cut us up for experimentation. No. I say we should stay here and wait. Surely there must be someone in Hogwarts who knows where we are. Like Dumbledore. He always knows.”

“I think I’m inclined to agree with Harry on this one, Ron.” Hermione said thoughtfully.”I think we stand a better chance of figuring this out if we had some help.” Ron looked at his two friends in disbelief

However, unbeknownst to them, the choice wasn’t theirs, as six equines had departed the town and headed to their location. There were two pegasi, one unicorn, two without wings or a horn, and one with both. Eventually, the bickering trio noticed them, and stopped their arguing, and turned to watch the approaching group.

“Hello, I am Princess Twilight Sparkle," the one with both the wings and horn said as they approached. “Welcome to Ponyville. Now, I know you might be a little confused right now, but if you come with us, I promise everything will be explained.”

Harry, Ron and Hermione all looked at each other apprehensively before they all started to follow the group into town.

Author's Note:

This story is still very much incomplete, but I'm struggling to find where to take the story now. So, Please leave comments and likes on this story. The more positive feedback I get, the more motivated I'll be to continue to work on this story. I hope you enjoy what I've got here so far, and this chapter will likely be expanded upon at a later date.

Comments ( 2 )

This story could use a bit of work on the writing, but it was enjoyable. I liked it, and I look forward to the next chapter.

At first I was quite surprised that Harry was a Pegasus, but after I thought about it for a couple of seconds, it made sense. I really enjoyed this so far and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Login or register to comment