• Published 5th Jan 2024
  • 357 Views, 245 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



What If 2: Eclectic Scootaloo! The beginning of a new era. A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions.

  • ...
6
 245
 357

PreviousChapters Next
Prince Blueblood was actually Robot Prince Blueblood?

Author's Note:

The Spy of the Tiger is not the droid we are looking for.

Rarity batted her eyes at Prince Blueblood. "So, what do you do as part of your princely duties?"

Blueblood hiccupped. "I drink oil."

Rarity batted her eyes again. Well, more like blinked. Awkwardly. "I beg your pardon?"

"I drink oil," Prince Blueblood repeated. "Is... this something that commoners are not accustomed to?"

"E-excuse me, I must use the restroom."


Rarity clutched her Motorola Razr™, staring as the call was sent.

"Hello, this is Twilight Sparkle, magical girl extraordinaire! Please state your business and preferred way of termination, and we will be right with you. If this is about library fees, cancellations, or extensions, please press one. If this call is urgent, please press two."

Rarity pressed two the best that she could given that she had hooves.

"Oh hey Rarity," Twilight's voice came through a few seconds later. "Spike's been teaching me how to not be a shut-in NEET. Something need beating up again?"

"I have some questions for you. You grew up in Canterlot, yes?"

"...Yeah?"

"Did you ever drink oil?"

She heard a surprised cough escape Twilight. "Excuse me?"

"Blueblood says that he drinks oil, and asked if it was something that commoners didn't understand. Try as I might to fit in with the nobility, my upbringing was certainly far from such a high status. So. Did you drink oil?"

"No???" Twilight sputtered. "I mean, I've drunken my fair share of uncommon drinks from the all-nighters I pull, but oil? Are you sure Blueblood isn't crazy?"

A knock came at the door of the restroom. "Rarity my darling, are you struggling to have bowel movements?"

"Rarity, what's going on?"

"Just tell me if you've ever drank oil!"

"No!"

The knock came again. "Do your gears need recalibration, my love?"

"Just a second!" Rarity shouted back. "Twilight, what do I do?"

"What has he been drinking tonight?"

"Wine. Why?"

"Order him a cup of water."

The knocking at the door had grown into a heavy pounding now. "Biological unit Rarity Belle, please state your issue."

Rarity hung up and stepped out of the stall.

She slammed the door open. "Darling! You simply mustn't act so rude! A woman spends her time as she pleases!"

Blueblood's eyes stopped glowing. "Apologies, my dear. Shall we continue our dinner?"

Rarity nodded. "I do believe that you should drink some water, however. All this wine you've been having is making you act rather strangely."

"...Water?"

Rarity narrowed her eyes. "Water."

Blueblood hissed. "Why would I drink such plebian filth? I only consume the finest of wines and oils!"

"How--" Rarity shook her head. She peered past Blueblood at an empty table and the drinks that'd been left behind. On it was a glass of clear liquid.

She lifted the cup off the table and floated it over. "Darling, have you ever tasted water? Commoner or not, it is simply refreshing!"

Blueblood sniffed the cup. "Intriguing. It does not smell like the water I know. I believe this shall be safe for my internal anatomy to consume."

He took the entire glass of Sprite Cranberry and downed it in one gulp.

And then promptly exploded.

PreviousChapters Next