• Published 16th Jul 2012
  • 828 Views, 10 Comments

Outings - Isolation



A blind date, and a whole lot of confusion

  • ...
 10
 828

3


It was almost like being in a whirlpool, a whole mess and jumble of disorganised chaos swirling and overlapping in all directions with her caught in the middle. It was nearing. Dreading, she reached out towards the light at the moment of impact as it crammed upon her slowly sinking, crushing...

The alarm adjacent suddenly sounded. Leaping in fear, Derpy hastily scanned the environment around her bedroom grasping the bed sheets and let out a relieved sigh finding nothing. The sun had just risen over the forecasted cloudy day, penetrating the low lying mess of clouds and faintly landing onto the window blinds slightly creeping through. Lazily yawning, she stretched her limbs and placed a hoof on the cold floor but fell to the ground whinging in pain.

Her head throbbed furiously as she twitched on the floor. Clutching her forehead she pounded violently in a fruitless attempt to ease the sensational pain radiating from her head. Trying to recall the night before, she gnashed her teeth and thought hard but her memory seemed corrupted and hazed. The bewildered pegasus continued to roll on the ground mindlessly clutching whatever she could to pull herself up. Eventually on all fours she shook her head numerously to gain vision immediately spotting something foreign.
“What’s this?” she said limping over to a nearby dressing table. It was an ordinary white envelope with no writing on the front. Tearing it open, inside contained a letter of course.

I’m very truly sorry. I hope you’ll find someday where you’ll be able to find forgiveness. Thing’s just got a little too far and I don’t know what happened. Again I’m truly, very, very sorry.
Signed: Somepony

Somepony? she thought. Immediately she disposed of it in the nearest trash-can believing it to be some sort of infomercial. Celestia I hate those! Ignoring it, she sleepily trotted into the bathroom and brushed her mane several times, flinching in pain every time the brush touched her head. She did not prepare breakfast as she decided to make her way over to Fluttershy’s cottage to try and clarify events.
Just seconds after opening the main door, she seemed to attract a small crowd. Ponies in near proximity seemed to simultaneously cease their activity and remark silently at her. Picking up her pace almost running, she noticed the crowd chasing after her, well the stallions at least. Fortunately she lost them around the thick, plant infested bend that lead to Fluttershy’s cottage.

Releasing a sigh, Derpy galloped up to the front porch of the cottage but another sight made her gasp sharply.
Just a few metres away a colt lying on his back on a bench, reading a magazine with two very familiar figures on the cover. As she inched closer she made out two pegasi gracefully embraced into each other, one a yellow coated pony with a gorgeous pink mane and outstanding sapphire eyes glistening brightly with three butterflies on her flank. The other had a grey coat and a simple blonde mane with a tensed face, her cutie mark hidden.
What the hell? Who put that there?!
The colt reading was making soft breathing noises as his magical horn levitated the magazine with his front hoof positioned oddly between his groin.
“What are you...doing?” Derpy asked already knowing the answer.
“I’m m-”
“Okay! I get it!” Derpy quickly cut him off. “I mean where’d you get that?”
“I found it over...” he trailed off as his mouth hung stagnant, starting to hyperventilate before releasing a deep moan of ecstasy. Derpy felt like throwing up on his face. Keeping her mouth shut, she quickly retraced her steps back up to the porch and swiftly knocked. It opened at once.

“Oh hey Derpy!” the pegasus energetically said, “Come on in.”
“Sorry I’m here so early Fluttershy,” she said walking in, Fluttershy closing the door behind her. As always small animals and birds scurried about with their business scattered amongst the cottage occasionally conversing with one another. She suddenly felt uncomfortable. “It’s just that there’s something I have to tell you.”
“What?” asked Fluttershy concerned, seeming oblivious and innocent.
“Ok,” paused derpy taking a deep breath, “Here goes. When-”
Tapping came from the door. Fluttershy quickly ran to it. “Uh hold that thought.” She called back. Standing by the doorway was Rarity and Rainbow Dash with the cyan pony possessing a suppressed grin on her face.
“Oh hi girls.” whispered Fluttershy.
“Very good morning!” started Rarity. “I see you’re having a wonderful day. Oh!” she exclaimed eyeing Derpy. “I didn’t know you had company.”
“Hey.” Rainbow Dash greeted but Derpy did not respond.
“Anyway how can I help you girls? Did you come here for a tea party with me?” Fluttershy said gasping. “That’s so nice of you!”
“Actually no,” replied Rarity dejectedly, “I just came to see if you have any lose threads you would not mind giving up. You see, I’m a little low on cash so-”
“No problem!” beamed Fluttershy. “Just follow me.” The two ponies proceeding to climb a staircase and disappear upstairs.

On the ground floor Derpy anxiously eyed Rainbow Dash who mysteriously continually eyed her, turned away, chuckle softly and then repeated the process. At first she ignored it as ‘Rainbow Dash was just being Rainbow Dash’, but unsurprisingly with her foul mood and head throbbing she quickly lost her temper and stormed towards the pegasus.
“What’s the big deal?!” she hissed at her face-to-face.
“O-oh!” Rainbow Dash stuttered, “I-it’s n-n-nothing!!”
“I’m not gullible y’know!”
“Yes you are.” Rainbow Dash fired back.
“No I’m not!” rebutted Derpy.
“Yes you are.”
“No I’m not!!”
“Yes you are.”
“NO I’M NOT!!!”
This went on for quite some time creating a minor racket inside the house causing onlookers to peer in curiously if any ever came by. Eventually though Derpy was reduced to grovelling.
“Please, please, please, please, PLEASE tell me!!!!!”
“You sound really lame right now.”
“PLEEEEEAAAASE!!!!” begged the grey pegasus.
“ALL RIGHT!” surrendered Rainbow Dash. “But I warn you, you won’t like it.” Looking around, she dug into the knapsack around her neck producing a magazine laying it across the floor. Eyeing it with fascination at first, it quickly diminished as Derpy recognised it to be the exact copy she had seen en route earlier. The colour on her face seemed to amend red instantly.

“Where did you get this?” said Derpy icily.
“Trust me, you don’t wanna know.”
Enraged, the grey pegasus made a dash and leap, successfully pinning the athletic Rainbow Dash to a wall toppling over a few books cased in a corner bookshelf. “Why’d you do this to m-me?”
“Relax!” screamed the pinned pony. “Do what?!”
Derpy had allowed her bad mood and foul temper to supersede her, “Submit this photo to this magazine!”
Rainbow Dash flawlessly detached herself from the grasp of Derpy, powerfully swiping away her hoof restraining her now hovering above Derpy.
“Did you accidently lick a rainbow or something?!” scolded Rainbow Dash. “I NEVER submitted anything. I don’t know where-”

Like a bull readying to charge, Derpy lowered her head and stomped her hoof. In a matter of seconds she was galloping at full speed towards Rainbow Dash. Reflexes kicking in, she dodged the speeding pegasus just. Missing her target without registering where she was headed, Derpy forcefully crashed into a window shattering the glass, tumbling over the window’s ledge and onto Fluttershy’s front porch knocking herself out cold.
“That’s gotta hurt.”
Hoofsteps suddenly sounded. Rainbow Dash scrambled to retrieve the magazine but it was too late. A single figure stumbled upon it and froze, transfixed, speechless. Fearing the worst, Rainbow Dash hesitantly glanced towards the figure, breathing a sigh of relief.
“Where, what?” Rarity was lost for words. “Aww, they’re so cute!”
“Yeah yeah,” said Rainbow Dash tugging Rarity hastily, “but right now we gotta go!”
Swooping up the magazine and roughly shoving Rarity outside, the two fled the scene with Derpy still laying unconscious on the front yard, abandoning Fluttershy having dodged an enormous bullet.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Notes:
More experimentation. Decided to go with something else aside from the “Oh you kissed her, you cheated on me, we really had it going on, etc” Anyway not much hope for this project. I may put it on hiatus.

Comments ( 1 )

do you really think that derpy would resort to physical violence?
but she is a Fandom character so do what you will with her i suppose

Login or register to comment