• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 2,657 Views, 19 Comments

A Strange Visitor to Equestria - TwilightsmyMare



My favorite Marvel character ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 19
 2,657

Who the hell is this now?!

Cain's relaxation, not to mention Twilights speech was suddenly interrupted as the door to the library slammed open.

Standing in the doorway was the teal colored pony... Lyra he thought her name was. She had another ponies tail in her mouth and it looked like she had dragged it here, this pony had a light yellow coat and a dark blue and pink mane and tail and seemed quite annoyed as it spoke.

"Lyra! Stop pulling me! You’re wearing out my hooves!" Lyra stopped and spit out her tail, she just stood there staring at Cain with a big grin on her face.

"Fine you got me here, now what’s the big..." Turning as she spoke she got her first look of Cain and stopped dead staring at him.

"See Bon-Bon! It’s a human! I told you! I was right!" Lyra squealed happily hugging Bon-Bon.

"Wha...? How...? Where...?" Bon-Bon fell back on her haunches her mouth agape.

Cain reclined back onto the floor waving his hand as he did. "Heya Lyra."

"He knows my name! A human knows my name Bon-Bon!" She was trotting excitedly in place. "Ooh... I gotta pee! Twilight can I use your bathroom?"

"Wha? I mean, yes you may Lyra. But I..." Before Twilight could finish Lyra galloped off like a shot. "Ooh! Bon-Bon! Can't you control her?!"

Bon-Bon looked back and forth between Twilight and Cain clearly at a loss for words.

"It... Talks? Are you saying that Lyra has been right all this time?" Bon-Bon asked.

"Yes yes, we're all shocked. Suffice to say we're very busy here Bon-Bon, so if you and Lyra could..." At that moment Twilight was interrupted by Lyras return.

"Back! Do you believe me now Bon-Bon?" Bon-Bon could only nod slowly, she seemed a bit overwhelmed. "Ooh! Twilight! Can I show him around town?" She quickly turned to face Cain. "I mean... Can I show you around town mister human…? Um sir? Do you have a name? Do humans have names? Of cource they do! I mean, right?"

Cain grinned down at this little overexcited pony. Cute. "Just call me Cain, Lyra. And sure I wouldn't mind looking around your town." Lyra quickly pushed Bon-Bon out the door as Cain squeezed out behind them and waved to Twilight. "Later, Nightlight."

"Wait... But I had questions... Ugh!" As Lyra led Cain and Bon-Bon away they heard the door to the library slam shut. "And it’s Twilight!"

"Where should we go first Bon-Bon? The Couch’s and Quills store? No, no! The Drycleaners!"

Bon-Bon looked at Lyra like she was insane.

"The Dry...? No Lyra, things are getting confusing a little too fast. Let’s just walk around town. If that’s alright with you, uh Cain."

"Sure, I got nothing but time." He replied while he walked along with them, Bon-Bon trying to pretend she wasn't staring at him and Lyra excitedly pointing out buildings and stores. Strange, strange place he thought.

Walking through the town they encountered quite a few ponies, most fled around corners or dove into buildings when they saw him coming. A few, perhaps bolstered by Lyra prancing unafraid alongside him and Bon-Bon following closely behind, watched curiously from a distance.

After walking awhile Bon-Bon stopped suddenly. "Okay, I can't say when I've had more fun. But I have work to do. Nice to have met you Cain. And fine Lyra, you were right, ok? Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Lyra nodded exuberantly. "Thanks Bon-Bon! I'll see you at home ok?" Bon-Bon trotted away looking over her shoulder at them as she left.

"So Lyra, you and Bon-Bon Live together do you?" Cain asked with a knowing grin.

"Yup! Best of friends for years and years!"

"I mean, you spend a lot of time together right? Close together..." He raised his eyebrows for emphasis.

"Everyday. I help her with her sweet making and sometimes she helps me work out my chords."

"What I mean is when no one else is around. Private time..."

Lyra seems to think for a second. "Well sure. We hang out at home together all the time. We do live together you know?"

Cain smacks his forehead with his palm. "Lesbians Lyra. I'm insinuating your lesbians. Wow..."

Lyra just stared at Cain for a moment. "What?! Me and her..." She blushes. "Nooo... We're not like that. Is... Is that what everypony thinks of us? Who said so?! Ooh I'm so embarrassed!"

"Relax Lyra. No one said anything to me, it just seemed obvious."

Lyra started pacing back and forth. "But if it was obvious to you... Then it must be obvious to everyone! Are humans better at seeing obvious?! Should I go tell Bon-Bon? Would she be mad?? Maybe she would be glad I let her know... No. She'd be mad." Lyra collapsed down on the ground hanging her head.

Cain looked down at her, he felt a bit bad for even bringing it up. He looked around to see if anyone was around, seeing no one he crouched down and gently patted her on the head. Have to be careful, compassion, once revealed can never be hidden again.

"Its ok Lyra, I won't bring it up again."

She looked up a few tears in her eyes. "Okay... I'm sorry I just never realized people might see us that way."

"Don't you worry about what other people think Lyra. It only matters what you think." He straightened up. "Anyhow, it’s getting late. You better head on home. I'll see you later though ok?"

She looked up at him with a little smile on her face. "Thanks! I'll see you later then!" She trotted off a short ways then rose up on her back hooves and tried to walk on them while standing straight for a few faltering steps, she fell forward and caught herself with her front hooves, shook her head and trotted off.

Cain just shook his head and looked around for someplace to rest.

He didn't need to sleep of cource, or eat, drink or even breathe , but he enjoyed doing so on occasion. Finding a small park he laid back under a tree stretching out and getting comfortable.

As he began to drift off suddenly someone spoke.

"Well, well, well... Aren't you the big one."

He sat up and looked around, no one there...

"Who is it?" He asked unconcerned as he lay back down.

The voice seemed to come out of the air right beside him, then above him, moving all over. "My name is Discord. I, much like you am an agent of chaos. Currently I am... Well let’s just say, out of sorts. But perhaps you could help with that?"

"Uh-huh. And what exactly is it you need?"

"Those damned ponies turned me to stone! Again! And for what? Just because I turned their world upside-down? A little chaos never hurt anyone." He chuckled.

"Right. So I free you and you make life difficult for these ponies here. That what I'm hearing?"

"Oh it'll be more then difficult... Ahem well, I'll simply do what I do best."

"You really remind me of someone with that line. I don't like it. How about this, you shut up. And I'll give it some thought."

Silence was his reply.

Finally a little piece and quiet.

Comments ( 6 )

Lolz at Lyra, she makes ANY human in equestria story better
Also Discord, I didn't expect that, but I like it

Oh snap! Oh, and a little bit of advice, it feels a little bit too rushed.

I'm enjoying the concept of this story, but I have to agree with Freelance there. The story does feel a tad rushed, and plot diversions just seem to jump out of nowhere. I think one thing you should work on is creating more build-up in your plots, and try going into a bit more detail about the characters actions and what's going on around them. Also, if you didn't, this might be a good idea, try doing some research on Thi- I mean Cain, just before writing about him. You might even want to do that just before starting each new chapter. It helps freshen your view on the character and keeps his personality in tone, which, I'm not saying you did a bad job, I just think Cain might have reacted to certain things a bit differently, but that's only an opinion.

I will say though, that I got a great laugh out of Cain asking Lyra if she was a lesbian and then her freaking out :rainbowlaugh: ponies got to learn not to assume things :derpytongue2:

Later Nightlight :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

964730 Yes your right, its sort of bits I was meaning to put in the first chapter and forgot or thought of later, i guess I could have added it to he first chapter and now that I think of it I will likely do that when I've written the next one.
As for Cain, he been portrayed a lot of different ways over the years. I never actualy saw him as a "villan", selfish maybe and a bit greedy but even back in the Evil Mutants he wasn't that bad of a guy. With the exception of his half brother he never hated anyone much.
Anyhow this is more of how I see his personality. Plots? This is Equestria man things happen fast lol
I appreciate the comments though, thanks! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment