• Published 5th Jul 2017
  • 10,018 Views, 450 Comments

Sorry isn't Enough! - eragon13666



When you're thrown from you home, into a new world of unknown reasons, Sorry, isn't enough when your human.

  • ...
60
 450
 10,018

Out one Cell into a Another

Ya know, when you are forced into a single area, and forced to stay in said area because you punched a Sun Princess (still wondering why she is called a Sun Princess for god’s sake) across the face for pretty much dragging you from one world to the next without the option of sending you back... you get to thinking. For one, maybe it was a bad idea to punch the Kidnapper in the face... nah, worth it, worth it so many times! And two, the one time I was almost placed in prison was for something I didn't do... at least this time I did it and will always say it.


It happened around four years ago, me being twenty-four. Now I was dating this girl - cute thing, little on the short side and a bit crazy - but hey, at least it was never boring, eh? I wasn't really good at dating, not really good at expressing my feelings (save for punching a horse princess in the face) so it left me really not dating save for a few... 'dates'.
My first girlfriend was using me as a rebound guy to get back at her ex... who mind you was cheating on her with the current girl he was with. After I found that out I broke it off, she calling me every name under the sun and told people I had a small dick; meh. The next one dated me when she lost a dare, found that out, told her to fuck off... again meh. The last one before the one who almost got me in jail... felt pity for me... meh. The last girl, the one I said was crazy... tried to get me arrested for raping her.


The story was, I found her sleeping with my ex-best-friend. I was pissed because I truly cared for this girl, she got me, and I got her. I helped her with things that she needed, and vice versa. We fought at times, I mean no relationship was perfect, can someone really toss the first stone and say they never had a fight with someone they were dating... thought not. Either way I told her to pack up her shit and leave, if she has to cheat with me she didn't need to be with me.
She then would call me, text me, Facebook me, begging me to come back to her. I of course kept my ground, and refused or didn't answer her back. Was later on she started with the name calling, Small Dick was her prime weapon, but again it was something I dealt with so I really didn't worry too much about it. No, it was when I heard loud banging on my door, two officers there who hand cuffed me after reading me my rights, and me going downtown... Just you know, I learned a bit later that her dad was the chief of police.


Ever been in a room with a angry dad who just so happens to have the power to put you in prison? That everything you say can - and will be - used against you in a court of law... Well, I did and it was scary as a motherfucker! He was just staring at me for the longest time, drinking coffee or smoking a cig as he watched me, and then started to tell me all the things I 'did'. There was no guilty until proven innocent - I was labelled the bad guy right from the start, being told all the things I did how I did it; how I harmed such a cute and wonderful girl because I was too much of a low life to get it like a true man should. I denied it of course - said I had proof - but of course he wasn't listening. It wasn't until my grandmother had her lawyer come. We took it to court and it was wonderful.


We listened to her story of how I forced the door open with my foot, grabbed her and flung her to the bed, all the other things and such. How I forced myself onto her and used her as I saw fit... only a few things didn't quite add up. One, the door was examined, no force entry. And two, I was four hours away having a LAN game party with seven others people. When her lawyer objected to it, saying the guys (her lawyer was a women mind you) would protect the guys, we proved everything with picture evidence, which showed without a doubt where I was, what time it was... the same time, or a hour off... of when I was supposed to be raping her.


The case was dropped rather quickly, but she wasn't punished at all... claiming that she was truly sorry and that this was her first offence that she would be just having city services... yeah, she get the slap on the wrist and I nearly had my life ruined.


I stopped dating after that. I couldn't trust a lot of people after what happened, and I think that's when I started getting cold with people save for very close friends, the online buddies I had, and family. And now laying on this cot, still looking at that same wall like I was doing for the past... how long have I been here for? Either way it didn't matter, I had nothing to lose for anyway, my home was out of reach and me... I was a long way from caring who I pissed off now.

"Your Highness!" the female guard - whose name I didn't catch - quickly exclaimed in surprise, immediately followed with the snap of metal on metal, no doubt her standing at attention. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see the one that punched my sister," the voiced sounded both young and old at the same time, almost a bit of a olden sound to it. "Open the door, will you guard mare?"

"Uh... Your Highness, is that wise... I mean..." I could hear the worry in her voice, I mean could you really blame her. I was something no doubt no one in this world seen before, a unknown to them; as well as punching one of their leaders in the face.

"Open it. I am on guard and besides, I wish to speak to him face to face, not through bars." Again there was another pause, save for the sound of a soft tapping, not a annoying one, but if I had to guess, one of worry from the guard about her Princess coming in with such a unknown being.

"... Right away ma'am." My back was still toward the door, I really didn't want to deal who this was… what was her name... Princess Luna of the Night or moon, I don't know; and didn't really care.

"So you're the one…" her voice came back now, a bit closer as the door opened, footsteps (or hoof steps in this case) coming closer as the door creaked as it closed. "… Who punched my sister?"

"And?" I asked in a bored tone. "Whatcha gonna do? Punish me because I've harmed your sister?"
Her response... rather surprised me enough to turn and gaze at her.

"I've would've done the same."


Gazing at the being before me, the... Alicorn if I remembered the name right. She stood a bit taller than myself - though already looking at her - as I turned fully and sat up, I could tell the Kidnapper was still taller than her. Her fur was that of a dark blue, her hair a mix of blue and perhaps a purple like color which seemed to twinkle like the night sky. Her eyes to me at least looked a blue as the ocean color as she too looked at me. "Funny..." I thought as she wore what looked much like her sister's dress, just now matching the color of no doubt the night, blue and black, with a moon on the necklace, and a black crown on her head. "I would've thought you would be on her side, because I punched your sister of all people."

"Though I do not agree with your... choice of expressing your anger," she pointed out as I simply shrugged, really I didn't care what she thought. "As I said, I no doubt would've done the same thing." I gazed at her some more as she added. "Taken away from your home in a magical mishaps, to only then be found out that you couldn't return." She released a heavy sigh as she looked away, something of clear upset crossing her muzzle. "I can only start to think what it is you are feeling right now."

"Yeah well... you don't know what it's like." I answered looking away and huffing. "I was taken from my home, and can never return..." my arms crossed as I did so, my right leg crossing over my left, as my toe tapped against the ground, the soft thudding of my sock covered feet was heard, seeing how I wasn't wearing shoes when I was pulled through. I soon returned my gaze back at her, glaring the whole time.


"An Alicorn can live a long life," she answered as I gazed back at her, "I was banished to the moon for a thousand years, the home I knew... was very different from when I returned." I blinked when hearing this, Alicorns could live... for over a thousand years? Damn she barely looks past maybe mid twenties or something.

"I'll never see my friends or family again." I reminded her as my eyes tightened to her, my hand clenching along my pants a bit.

"All dead save for my sister because I was banished away." I blinked as again she had a point. She answered, looking me dead in the eye when she said this, both firm, and sad.

"I'm the only human in this world Princess Luna..." I held my hands out to the side of me, as if saying, 'this is it' towards her as I watched what she would say next.

"I had to learn how the world worked, vastly different than the one I..." she somewhat copied me, but moved her right arm out and moved it about in front of her.

"Whatever you went through is not the same as to what the hell happened to me!" I yelled out as I stood right up and glared at her in a swift motion. My body tensed and my chest moving as I started to breath a bit heavier from how angry I was getting. "And don't you try and compare whatever may have happened to you to me. Because really, I could give two sweet shits!" I huffed heavily as she gazed at me with half closed eyes, before she too sighed as if she grew weary from this herself. "What happened to you, you can try and word it in any way shape or form and say that you are feeling what I'm feeling! You have friends here NOW; You have family here NOW... I. Have. NOTHING!" I screamed getting up to her face - nearly nose to nose - as she didn't seem to faze as she lifted her head up slightly. The guard out there looked ready to charge in - and attack me - to protect her princess, but she held a hand up, stopping her.


"I did not mean to anger you… Brandon was it?" She politely asked, and when I nodded, backing away a bit - she then added, as she brought her hands out slightly to show me that she was a friend, and didn't mean to insult me with what had just transpired. "I just wished to tell you that I know the feeling of being taken away from a life I knew, though my reason was of my own doing. You, however… were forced here because of my sister – who was playing with something she had no reason to play with; or mess around with at all."


She released another small sigh as she gazed at me, slowly walking along the room, as my eyes traced her. She stopped for a moment and placed a hand along the cell walls and was looking at it, for a moment, as if lost in her own thoughts. As she kept her eyes closed and leaned against her arm, she went on. "I can understand your anger toward her, and it is justified." She opened her eyes and kept staring at the wall, as if she was unable to look at me as she spoke about her sister. "I already have some choice words for her… the way she handled all this, and thought a simple sorry would work to ease your broken heart after shattering your hope of going back to your life." Moving from the wall, she moved closer to me, her eyes going back to being that of a soft and caring look. "I know to you it means nothing, but I am truly sorry for what happened to you, and I'll make sure you are compensated for the suffering you have so far had to endure." I just gazed up at her as she said these things, her words seemed to hold true, but right now after what happened... I wasn't very trusting of anyone at the moment. And it showed as I backed away from her when she moved forward, my back slowly turning toward her as I faced the wall away from the cell door. My arms once more crossing, and my chin moving to touch my chest as I thought about what to say, before saying what needed to be said.

"I'll believe it when I damn well see it." I muttered as I went back to the cot and sat down, once more the bouncing was felt as I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands. At this point I just felt... drained, just tired and drained of everything that had happen. What will happen to me now? If I am truly to be compensated for what happened, what will that do for me, how long would that last? I would need a job, but who would hire me at this point, when they didn't even know who I was, or what could I do? And if finding a job back home was hard enough... damn how hard would it be here? For me of all people? After a moment however, the rumble of my belly echoed as I looked down slightly and she smiled a bit back at me. My face flushed with a bit of embarrassment of her hearing my gut rumble demanding food when I already ate this morning, of course I didn't know how long it had been since then... but still, I guess all the enticement of what was happening was making me hungry.

"Seems you are getting rather hungry," she spoke to me as she turned her back to me, eyes beaconing me to follow her. "Come, I have a room in mind for you that is better than this jail cell."


I was a little confused at first, but my hunger caused me to want to follow along after her; and I also wanted to know what room she had in mind for me. That was better than the jail cell that I was given? Was I free to go, or would they put me someplace worst that where I was? Either way, following after the princess, many of the staff started giving me looks of confusion, their eyes wide with wonder, fear, as they would at times back away as we passed close to them; or in case of the guards, anger. I mean hell... I did punch one of their leaders clear across the face... and boy it still feels good! I know it seems like a horrible thought to think of, punching someone else and enjoying it... but she did bring me to this world - kidnapped me from my home with no way back - she should've gotten more than a punch; but I'm content for now.
A little while passed until we reached a doorway, upon which she beaconed me to enter with only a hand gesture. Obliging her, I went inside.


The room was nice, much bigger then my old room that's for sure. A set of double doors that would lead outside, showing me this new world for the first time now since I've been here. The sun still high in the sky, casting it's light across the town that seemed more like a castle town than anything. I wonder if this place even has power for lights and such, it just seemed... like I was transported to the past or whatever. Colorful homes that seemed like a child designed it, and when I went over just to look outside the window, I could see more of the horses down there moving about... as well as some winged horses that flew about the area. From them there was a guard with that golden armor; who just took one look at me, recognition showing in his face as he gave me a blank but still angry look as he flew on.
So… still under lock and key - just a better room.


My mind was dragged back to reality as I heard Luna saying "Make sure no one but those allowed are let in here, and he is not to leave without either me, or a escort of my chosen." to some guards outside as I moved about the room. I noticed a set of books in a shelf as I looked over them, some history books, something I would have to read... if I was to be stuck in this world, seemed I had no choice in the matter but to study up on said world. "Also my little pony," pony... eh, thought they were horses. "I shall be gathering information on what he eats, when the cook comes, you will pass him said food." Now that I think about it... it was slightly odd about how many similarities there were between here and my world, the way they spoke, the clothing they wore, or in this case armor that reminded me greatly of what the knights of old would wear. And now talk of magic and everything along the lines. I mean, truly, how much of the same does this world have, compared to my home?


"As you wish princess," a male gruff voice spoke as the sound of hooves came up behind me.

"Nice jail cell," I commented "Better than the other one, I mean this one has a nice looking bed and a outside view... too bad it's not a ocean view!" I hoped she picked up on my “earnest” way I referred to the accommodations.

"I agree," she answered with a chuckle as she crossed her arms, apparently ignoring my barb. "I saw a bit of your teeth, some sharpened… You eat meat, do you not?" Strange - how we went from us talking about the view and now her talking about my teeth... funny, how topics can change like that, eh?

"Yup." I nodded looking back as she nodded sagely again. "Why? Worried that I may eat your 'little ponies'?" at this she seemed to blinked and then started to laugh, rather loudly as I blinked back. Wasn't really that funny.

"Very well... I shall inform the cook, and have something sent over for you. We just got ourselves a gryphon cook for when guests of that sort of taste come." She said, a smile still along her face at this as I scuffed slightly and rolled my eyes. "And don't worry, I'll remind them that they need to worry about you eating them."

"Lucky me..." I muttered as she sighed a bit. "And that was a joke, I hope you know that... I wouldn't eat anything that could have a nice chat with me."


She seemed to smile at this, as she went to turn and leave, however stopping as she gazed back to me, then added, "Again, truly I am..." I could see in her eyes that she was about to say something, her face held true to what she meant... However, me...?

"Don't... stop saying sorry because it isn't enough," I said, glaring slightly at her. I turned my way back to her as I then added a heavy sigh as if I was just tired of everything so far. "Nothing anyone can say will ease the pain of me losing my home and family. No amount of anything will make me forget that. I don't care how things work here, I don't care if something this big can easily be forgiven by you ponies or whatever. Me, that's not happening.


"If you think you can just give me a better room, and then later on try and tell me all the good your sister might have done, because no doubt that's what everyone else who blindly follows her will no doubt say, all the 'good', she's done. I don't care at all. As much as I'm concerned, she’s a kidnapper, and she will always be labelled like that to me. Because if she truly was sorry, she would've been here trying to appease me, not you." I spoke as I moved over toward the book shelf and went and scanned through the books, soon finding a more recent history book. It was big, and seeing the different chapters as I opened it, the founding of Equestria, the royal sisters, ETC; I looked back at the Alicorn staring at me. "I... I just want to be left alone, I want to be left alone to lick my wounds and try and wrap my head around the fact that I'm stuck here for good... please."

She gazed at me once more, her eyes softening… as she no doubt could hear the sadness in my voice. Whatever amount of anger I had seemed to be slowly drain away - it was still there smouldering - but still, the sadness of the realization I was finally digesting was surpassing that feeling.


She gave a small nod as she turned to leave… as she did however, she turned back and said. "If it's all the same, Brandon... I know so far your time here hasn't been pleasant... and I don't mean it in a bad way... but I do welcome you to Equestria." She spoke as she gazed at me for a moment, to then add. "I hope that one day, you can forgive my sister for what has transpired." And so, she left the room slowly, the click of the door closing behind her - the sound of the door closing made a booming sound. I did feel the sound was way louder than what I felt was real… all while silence filled the room, breaking it as I sighed softly - taking the book in hand to the desk, plopping down as I started to read.


How long had passed, I wasn't sure of. The food of cooked meat and side of potatoes came a bit later as the guards came in after a knock and passed it to me. I saw him give me that same glare as I glared back at him. I really didn't care what they thought of me as I sat back down and ate. It was rather good, I had to admit. It did taste a bit different, but I mean - with a cook who prepares food for no doubt high ends guests; that was to be expected.


Reading the book again for a bit more, I gave it up after coming to the part about Luna becoming something called Nightmare Moon, and how she spent a thousand years on the moon until being returned and cleansed with something known as the Element of Harmony. I sighed and leaned back in my chair a bit as I rubbed my eyes - all the reading did rather tire me - and as I looked over at the bed, it seemed to almost call onto me to just plop down and sleep on it.
Such a idea nearly became a reality - until a bunch of knocks on the door caused me to look over as I slightly frowned, wondering what was going on. Luna coming back to check up on me? Or the bitch, “Kidnapper” coming to try and give me another half-assed 'sorry'? Before I could even let the person know they could come in, the door opened as I sat up and waited to see who it was. It was a Alicorn, but not one I've seen so far.


Her fur coat was that of a purple like color, almost like a grape color to me as she let herself in without waiting for my answer. A book under her right arm as she gazed at me, with a look that I could only guess of was one of wonder. Her hand moved under her chin as if studying me more, at times her head tilting side to side. She was small compared to the other two, maybe even a bit shorter then I was as I tilted my head to the side, imitating her motions. She looked younger than Luna, and her mane was styled such a way that there were bangs before her forehead, her horn easily splitting it. Her mane was a much darker purple almost like her eyes, with strikes of lighter shades of purple.
I realized that she was wearing what I would guess be a light blue blouse, cuffs along under her shoulders, with the front opened to allow her chest to show a bit. A pink belt wrapped about her waist, contrasting with her dark purple pants or leggings, as well as her jet black knee high boots… Or heels now that I thought about it seeing the heel stick now. Along the sides of her pants - right where her hips would be - I could see a design on it, a six-pointed pink star, with others stars about it as I wondered what these designs meant to them.


The door closed behind her with a soft click as I waited to see what she would say, my eyes not leaving her own as she seemed to be almost too... giddy as she smiled and moved closer. I took a step back - I mean, when someone is looking at you, and seemly studying you, do you stand your ground when they freaking smile… and start moving on you like you’re a prize or something? It looked like she saw this and stopped as she said with a blush: "Sorry about that..." as she chuckled rubbing the back of her head. "When I got a letter from Celestia about you, I just had to come up and meet you for myself! A new species? And even one from another world! Oh! I have so many questions to ask to you!"
Here I was, standing in a room that looked way too fancy for my liking, standing before someone who seemed all too eager to ask me all these questions she had, all the while me feeling like she wanted to pull some blood out and study it at the very least. Just the way she looked at me seemed to almost want to give off some red flags for me. And as she started to either mutter to herself, as if asking questions to herself, while at the same time opening up said book to write something down, one thing came to mind.


What the hell is going on...?