• Published 5th Jul 2017
  • 9,998 Views, 450 Comments

Sorry isn't Enough! - eragon13666



When you're thrown from you home, into a new world of unknown reasons, Sorry, isn't enough when your human.

  • ...
60
 450
 9,998

Heartfelt Discussions

Darkness surrounded me from all sides, cries of help, pleads of my family calling out to me as they begged me to help find them from a power out of my control. I ran all around, left, right, forward back, nothing matter in this dark void of something. However Her laughers was clearly heard. Her damn laughter that sounded like a angles voice mixed with that of the demon she was, taunting me in so many ways! "Come and find them!" Her sing song like voice was heard as well as another cackling like laughter! Sweat poured down my face, drenched my clothes as I looked around. "Or have you truly given up...truly given up that you will never see them again?!"


"Fuck you!" I screeched out in anger. "Let them go you fucking monster!"



"Oh you sweet, silly little child," She was right behind me, I could feel her breath, chill to the touch as my body froze. Her breath somehow smelling of both vile and mint. "They are already mine...And you will never see them again!"



I whirled around to punch where she was, but all I could see, slowly moving away from me...my family!



My brother, mother, grandmother, nieces and their mother, all having their arms to me, calling out to me as I ran toward them. However, it was like I was being held back, before a tug along my neck made me fall backwards! A hand clasped along my neck as I felt the collar around it, the leash...connected to...Her!



The Kidnapper, standing there, arms crossed over her chest, a wide crazy eye look, as her hand clasp the leash firmly along her hand, laughing all the more as one last line escaped her lips. "You're here to stay, you're mine!"



---------------------------------------------



I woke up with a jerk and in a cold sweat, breathing heavily as the only thing covering me, was the blanket as it feel around my waist. I shook my head, trying to clear the sweat that poured down my skin, allowing my slightly longer hair now to shake and whip along the back...I'll have to see about getting it trimmed down soon.


A month had passed, well, it now being my month and a half timeframe since I been in this new world, and at last I can say, the news about the one who hit the Kidnapper, was all but gone and nearly forgotten. Many were on my side on what happened and felt like I had the right to do so, while others were still on the side of their, 'never do any bad' Princess. It didn't matter to me, I was just bloody happy that every morning I wouldn't be met with ponies or other such beings that came across Ponyville the same thing over and over again.



Once getting my first paycheck from both the government and my new Boss for now, Bon Bon, she asked me to call her as such, so why not, I wouldn't now confused her to Sweetie Belle, Rarity's younger sister.



Working for Bon Bon was rather fun, she was easy to get along with, and was always there to help me out when needed to be. The Cash Register I would be using of course reminded me of the ones in the early 60's or 50's. You know those old ones where would only be seen in old black and white videos? Either way, whenever she wasn't there, something about her other 'job'. Her marefriend, Lyra would come and make sure everything was running smoothly.



It was a short rocky start with Lyra, the mint green unicorn with a harp, or 'Lyra' cutie mark from what I was told she had. Seems some ponies had their cutie marks on their butts, or their shoulders; don't know why, just putting it up to who cares. But after a day of working alongside her, she seeing how I acted around kids...or foals I should say; she warmed up to me rather quickly.



Twilight was surprised when Spike and I returned with his new gaming system that I bought for him, he going on and on about the Zelda like game he would play, or the Mario Kart like game he would try out with me. (At this point I'm just going to say what the games were human wise mostly to keep it simple for me to remember, because some of the names they called the games were rather...well stupid.) She was about to give Spike the whole, "Don't you go and always play it and not do your chores!" type talk, but I reassured her, that I already had the talk with him, about how games can take over one life...I mean there was me before I came here, I possible played about at least six to eight hours a day playing games...in one sitting. I wasn't proud of it, but it just allowed me to escape from the outside world; even for a bit.


I placed a preorder for the Playstation clone that would be coming out soon, seems they bumped up the date because how well the N64 was doing, and if the games were to be almost the same, there would be some good games coming for the PS1. I did wonder, how different some of them would be.



However now rolling over in bed, trying to get back to sleep, I just couldn't. Checking the clock on my phone after setting it to this world time, seeing that it was almost five in the morning...I decided to get up to do some early morning training.



It seemed even before I was brought to this world, Twilight was in the process of working on forming her own guards for the growing town she called home. Before she was a princess it was just that, a small village. But over the years more ponies and other such beings came to live near Ponyville...a quite ironic name now that I thought of it. Though the place was still under the laws of Equestria, the Kidnapper so it seemed, thought it would be a good idea to add more guards then the few who worked there already. And also to allow Twilight to make changes she thought would fit well for the growing town. To me it just felt like another way of her throwing work on someone else, but I digress.


At times many of the guards, or extra guards, came from Canterlot and would leave at night to return home. A wing of the Friendship Castle, was refitted to be a sort of living quarters for the guards that worked here. So for a few days they could work here, and have a long few days off back home wherever they were from; if they lived away from Ponyville that is. And with a living quarters, also gave way to a gym for training.



Even though myself and Spike would game together, I didn't game as much as I used to. Mostly because a lot of the games I got him, and he got himself, were the same old games with just a few changes. So I already knew how they played so it didn't really matter. Twilight gave me permission to use the gym if I wanted to, and I took that to heart.


A boxing ring stood in the middle that would allow the guards to spar with one another, heavy bags lined up the side as well as lifting weights and other such items. It reminded me of the Old Man's gym I use to go to train, in fact it was much cleaner with barely anything being worn or used. He would have a fit, always saying he didn't care if we broke the stuff as long as it was broken by training. I went off to the side and found some fingerless gloves that Twilight magical made for me. It reminded me of the gloves Ryu from Street Fighter would use. Soft padding on the knuckles and everything. With how big the guards were compared to me, hand sizes, I couldn't wear the gloves all that well. These ones I could tighten up enough that it felt great and didn't slip with every movement.


Placing a towel along the table and my water bottle as well. I went up to one of the heavy bags as I breathed out. I only started to use this gym a week or so back, so I was still pretty rusty.



I worked on my jabs, remembering my breathing training, making a short exhale and breath-in with every punch, moving around, always keeping myself on my toes as I punched the bag. The thud of my fist connecting echoing as well as the rattling of the chain that held them up. Strong haymakers on the left and right, lower body shots, head shots. I did all I could and slowly the training came back to me. Sweat poured down my body, but at least not from the fear of the dream I had early, but from my body getting the workout it wasn't so use to anymore.


I was enjoying my morning workout, until I heard the sound of someone tapping their feet...or hooves, along the ground as I sighed, and turned over to see...guess who; Grumpy Fang Face. "What are you doing in here?" she demanded. She wasn't wearing her normal armor that I always saw her in, but this time looked like gym wear, a tank top that covered her breast and moved down until where her belly button would be. And shorts that just reached her knees barley. They were black in color, allowing her grey bat pony colors to look so much duller compared to it. I could see along her belly, that she had muscles, abs that showed years of training really did pay off for her.


"Punching a heavy bag," I said matter-of-factly, as I went back to punching said bag.


"Still having a wet dream about punching a defenceless mare?"


I groaned and released a heavy outward growl like noise and just held the heavy bag before I then said.


"Okay you know what, I'm done!" I said glaring at her and pointed to her and then to me. "You, me, ring now!"


"What?" she asked looking kinda surprised.


"You hate me," I pointed out. "And really I wouldn't care if you were struck by a car at this point. So I'm doing what my old couch used to do when people in the gym got angry at one another...settled it in a sparring match."


"Why should I even agree to that...I would easily beat you."


"Then get in, shut up and do it." I ordered as I took a swing of my water. "Unless you're all talk and no action to back you up."



She got it rather quickly after that, after putting on some gloves herself and we making sure that we were both at the ready and made some honorable ground rules of this spar. If Twilight got upset it was my idea, I would have agreed to that anyway but knew she was covering her own skin anyway. We don't charge the other with assault if we lose, and dirty shots are not allowed. We both went to our side of the ring, and after she said that she was ready and I was as well; we started our little bout.



Fang Face was quick, but that was to be expected from a flyer like herself. Twilight explained to me that pony types like her and Rainbow Dash would be considered the lightest of the three pony group, (four if you count Alicorns) Unicorn being a sort of middle ground, and Earth Ponies being the strongest and more hefty. She came at me however quickly, and I watched as she used her wings to give her a burst of speed, almost like a quick dash as she made a jab. I swayed a bit to the left, keeping my hands up to block my face; but was too slow to react to the sharp hook to my ribs. I took a step back and made my move, doing a feint to the left, my right hand came over and lightly smacked along her sides, below the rib cage. I went in for another quick body jabs, hitting a few more; before ducking down and cracked my left across her muzzle sending her stumbling backwards.


I watched as her tongue pushed along the inside of her cheek as she glared daggers at me, my hand coming up, and curling two fingers at her; taunting her to bring it on.



The room was filled with the thud of punching landing their marks, huffing of two fighters going at one another. How long we went, I couldn't tell you, all I could tell, was that my body was bruised from where she hit me, and the only thing I could tell where I harmed her a bit to roughly, was her left eye being swollen shut. However there was one issue that I was hating, I was breathing heavily, my breath loud and short as I tried to catch what little air I could get inside my lungs, but her, no she was fine, fit as a whistle. She had the all knowing smirk plaster over her muzzle as she was still ready to go. Me, on the other hand, I felt ready to just throw in the towel and call it quits...as much as I hated to do that.


"What in Celestia's name is going on here!?" I looked behind, and saw Twilight standing there, she donned that what looked like blue skinny jeans, as well as a plain blue button up jacket of sorts as she looked both modified at what she saw, mostly because I believe now that I think about it, I was bleeding a bit...my nose did hurt. "Captain Shadow...what is the meaning of this?!" Captain...wait she was a captain...so why was she spending her time just watching over me, I mean I would think a captain would be busy with other things.



Before she could respond, I spoke up. "It was my idea," I admitted raising a hand. "I asked her if we could bout a bit, get some...pent up anger between us out of our systems."


"By punching each other like brainless idiots?!"


"Eh, I have a few brains cell left in my head..." I half joked. "What's a few extra one knocked out going to do?"


"I'm not laughing at this! Now explain to me why I shouldn't be upset with her for even agreeing to this! She has the training of the royal guards, one of the best close quarter combat and..."


"Hey...hey Bookworm!" I yelled out, causing my head to throb. "Chill...like I said it was my idea, I use to spar back home when I use to go to the local gym. It just something one did to...clear the air so to speak. To take a deep breath, and chill...be angry with me more than anything!" She looked to about to say something, and even off to the side, I saw Fang Face looking surprised, as if I wouldn't take the blame like I promised I would. It didn't matter as Twilight only sighed and rubbed her eyes a bit before adding.


"Fine...but if this is gonna be something that will happen normally can you tell me as such so I won't be surprised seeing either of you bruised up?"


"Sure thing," I half waved as I got out the ring, enough sparring for one day, however the princess of friendship stopped me, as she gazed at me, after a moment, her horn glowed as I was surprised when the pain numbed. Looking at the mirror I saw that I looked just as fine as if the fight never happened, reaching up to touch my face in a look of confusion.


Magic...gotta love it I supposed.


After Twilight worked over Shadow’s own body with the magic, I really didn’t think that she needed it, I mean sure I put in a few good whacks on her, but she looked as if really she could just chuck it up to that she just banged herself while training. Comparing myself to her, I looked and felt like a truck hit me. “Maybe if your not always playing those silly games,” she spoke as she went and got her towel to dab the sweat off her brow. “You would’ve been able to at least tickle me.”


“Really love to stroke your damn ego don’t you?” I asked her as she turned to frown at me as I spoke some more.”I know I haven't trained as much as I should, and you’re a trained Soldier.” I then added while smirking. “Or can you only fight and beat those who didn’t go into the same trainer as you?”


“Watch yourself Monkey,” she hissed a warning at me.


“Or what?” I asked smirking. “Gonna bite me?”


“Maybe I will!” she growled back leaving me to then turn my back to her, and as I started to leave I gave her the finger as I left to get some food.



“Take me out to dinner first,” I reminded her. “I have some standards, though they may not be high...but I got them!”


I only smirked as I heard her make a sort of sputtering like noise, as she spit out the water that she was drinking, then opening her mouth like a fish -- as if she was unable to even say, or respond to what I said; before then hearing her groaning out in anger as she made her way out.


Monkey 1, Fang Face, 0. No wait...Monkey 2, Fang Face 0, I forgot about the bet I won against her!


After the sparring match me and Fangy did, and after some good tasting smoke fish from the griffon salesbird that would come in at times to sell it (which, to my surprise tasted almost like good ol’ canadian bacon); Twilight buying them mostly for just me and Spike, and eggs. Luckily for Spike, he was given a day off, and asked if I wanted to spend some time playing some games with him.


We spent a good chunk of it playing a Mario Kart like game, he telling me that some of the characters were from other games. I choose one from the Zelda clone, gotta rock my green hat man, even from another world. We had fun, laughing and cursing, not cussing, each other when we would knock the other person out of first place. I tell you, after almost a decade of playing online, split screen, it felt like going back in time when games had more planning than anything. After a few more races, he started to ask me questions about day to day life, even more so what was said a few days back.


"So, you're thinking of possible having a place built for you?" he asked as he grabbed a item that allowed his racer to pull away with a speed boost, leaving me to try and up.


"Yeah," I answered with a nod as I smiled getting a magical bolt, shooting him with it, causing him to slow down. "Castle is too rich for me, and if I save up the government money I'm getting from the Kidnapper; I'll be set to pay for a good pot of land and then commission someone to make me a home and build it."


"You'll still come over to visit right?" he asked as he tsk as I blocked his own magical fire blast with a orb of shield. "It's cool having another guy friend, and I..."


"I'm not moving out of town Spike," I reminded him with a small chuckle and lightly shoved him as he laughed and shoved me back, both of us easily to be pushed over if we were careful; being crossed legged along the ground. "Hell, if ya want, you can just come visit whenever you want."


"What if I wanted to move in?" I didn't know if he was being for real or just joking around. From the short amount of time telling Twilight about how she was treating Spike not as someone close to her own age, but a child with the reasonability of a adult; I've noticed how more she treated him differently. First it was when she in fact started to pay him in a sort of bi weekly for his work, even coming to the point of saying what hours, or how long he wanted to work. She even went with him to open up a banking account at the local bank. She was treating him more like a adult, then that of a child. Spike liked it, from what he told me, it gave him more freedom, still he had to come home at a reasonable time of course but still...Twilight just didn't give him a inch, she gave him a bloody mile.



Spike from what I was later told was indeed twenty years of age, his birthday coming up soon to the point in pony terms he would be legal enough to buy a home, and other such amazing wonderful things of adulthood. We joked at times of what he would do as a adult, he wanted to try hard cider, I said I would buy the first bottle for him and we would share it...under the watchful eye of Twilight of course; we don't know what a drunk dragon would do.


He already had a job working for Twilight, and I guess now she was going to make him work in hours that would come within the title of working. So in a sense he could move out somewhere else if he really wanted to I supposed, but the fact he wanted to come and live with me, that was a bit of a strange shock for me. I've only been here a month and a half and he already was willing or wanted to move in with me. Perhaps with the more idea of being treated like a idiot perhaps he felt like the need of moving out? I mean really...if Twilight hatched him, would she be his mother in a way, or did they have that sort of brother/sister relationship.


I was possible thinking too much into it like always, my grandmother always did say that I mostly would over think certain things at times, and miss the whole point, like in movies that involved time travel; adding how in real life that this would only do this, and this. Yeah I know time travelling shouldn't be a thing...until Starlight Glimmer and Twilight did it themselves so...yeah. "Why do you want to move in with me, when you have it good here?" I questioned as he responded with.


"Why do you want to move away, when you have it good here?"



I sighed as I placed the controller down on the floor and leaned back a bit. My left hand holding the floor behind me as I rubbed my eyes with my other hand, sighing outwardly again as I thought about it. Twilight never really did express any want of me of leaving, in fact she seemed to like me to stay here, save for my swearing, worrying that I may give Spike the wrong idea and he would think it was fine to swear. Fuck that, swearing is a great way of getting your point across. Still...going back to what he asked me, I thought about it for only a moment before saying. "I just really want my own place." I resounded, but of course that wasn't enough for him, as he went on.



"You do have your own room, and we don't bug you that much...do we?" he asked as he looked over toward me as I looked back at him to answer him. "I mean...you don't need to move out, Twilight is more than happy to let you stay."


"Perhaps, but," I sighed as I thought rubbing my eyes again. "I guess at this point, I need something that' mine you know?"


"What do you mean?" He asked of me as I stood up and stretched myself out, it been awhile since I really sat on a floor playing games, back home I had a leather gaming chair for that use.



"I know with the money that I'm getting because of the...well you know by now. That I could and would live a very happy life, I've seen the prices of homes, and I could easily buy a place and pay the monthly rent and still have enough left over. Twilight even explained if I really wanted to, the princesses could've easily taken the bill...the thought was there, but I'm not a greedy person; it's one of the reasons I was also looking for work." I added as I looked down at him as he shut off the game, we have been playing for a hour or two so, it was bound to take a break anyway. "I know It's...hypocritical to say that I want to get and do things on my own, and still taking the money from them, but this is a start of a slew of money I will need. This is a place I barely know, even with how much time I've spent here already. I thought of leaving and going somewhere else...but I don't know how well they would take to me. Though the news of my actions had died down...you could say I'm worried about what some followers of, Her, would do to me if given the chance.


"I also plan to speak to the mayor and Twilight about paying a pot of land with said money and build my own home," I continued with my explaining. "Living in a castle is great and all...but this place just has way too much more for my liking and it's just...not my taste you know? And really...at times I rather just be able to sleep a night and not have Twilight say...she heard me tossing and turning from my nightmares I have."


"She's just worried you know?" he offered as I gazed at him. "I mean...I worry too when I hear about this, we are friends right?"


"Of course," I responded looking at him as I smiled. He was one of the few people I could consider a friend here, or anywhere. Back home my online friends were my closest friends I had, and Spike, well, he one of the very few I have here. I still couldn't consider Twilight a friend...I'm just not sure if she would consider me one at all.



"Maybe...Maybe you should let Princess Luna help you in your dreams then?" he asked as I looked at him and raised a eyebrow and said "She's help many with their nightmares, helped me a few times as well, and well...I also noticed you haven't gotten much sleep when you have these nightmares. It's not every day for sure, but we can easily tell when you have it when you nap halfway through the day."


"It's not that simple Spike, least for me it's not."


"Why?" he asked. "Why won't you let her?"


"Because that requires her being in my head...being in my dreams, my mind is mine and mine to see or know alone...and I'm scared alright!" I sighed a bit as I looked away, crossing my arms loosely across my chest. "I'm scared because...back home there isn't magic, this is all so new to me, someone able to enter your dreams, talk to you...how can I be sure that she couldn't just rewrite my brain huh?!"


"She wouldn't do that, Brandon..."


"How can I be sure huh?" I asked looking at him again as I sighed loudly. "I...I know it sounds crazy, I know I sound like some crazy guy saying that there a higher power wanting to make everyone fall in line and listen...but I can't trust them further then I can throw them." Spike just stayed silent the whole time as he watched me, before once more, exhaling out I finished. "I can deal with my nightmares on my own," I said. "It is mine, and I've had far worst shit to deal with back home. Just for now, I can't trust someone who has a power like that. To me, it's just...it's just worrisome."



He watched me for a while, as if he was unsure of what to say, or what to say to me. I could understand his confusion onto why I wouldn't allow the Princess of Dreams to help me with my nightmare issues...but at the same time, I could see that indeed he could understand at the same time, why I wouldn't let her help me. He was born into this world, and this was the norm for him, a powerful being who could enter into someone's dream and speak to you, helping you with whatever issues you may have, and working alongside you to help you fight off your demons no matter what they may be. How would she react that I consider my demons, her sister. The laughter's of her holding my family away like someone dangling a life line in front of you.


I was being rough on her, on...Celestia, I know I was, but I knew that if I broke down now, and took her apology - her ‘sorry’, she would no doubt think everything was hunky dory. I mean...life here isn't all bad, I could crave some pizza right now, but I digress.



"I'm only looking out for you," he said, not snarky, or rude, but with a clear case of earnestness. "If not for yourself...can you at least just give her a chance to prove herself that she not gonna mind control you or something?" I sighed softly as I looked away my eyes closed as before I could say anything he quickly added. "I can send her a letter so that tonight you and her could deal with whatever..."


"If it makes you feel better...I'll give her a chance, but if something I feel goes wrong...it's not happening again." He seemed to smile at this as he quickly went over to his desk and started to work on writing the princess a quick note. Seeing as such, I saw him also blow a fit of fire, I guess he sending message like that, it be like a email or Facebook?



Either way, after that I went to see Twilight, luckily she wasn't busy so I was able to meet up with her about the idea of me finding ether a empty home or a pot of land. She expressed that I could live here for as long as I wanted, and kinda like the fact of more people staying with her in the castle beside Starlight and Spike. "This is just for me in case I want to, I just want to make a plan." I told her as she only seemed to nod at this. Going to the town's records, we were checking around, before we heard someone...Rarity, singsong voice.


"Oh, Brandonnnnnnnn!" I heard her call out as I blinked and turned my head around as Twilight groaned.


"Uh oh..." she muttered. "She has, the voice..."


"The Voice?" I asked looking confused. "What Voice...?" the doors to the map room opened up, as the marshmallow pony skipped in and smiled looking to me as she said, a glee in her voice.


"I've just set you up on a dateeeeeee!" she chanted as she came over and held my hands giggling, as I soon heard the princess beside me say, or finished.


"The Matchmaking Voice."



Wait...wut?