• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 4,843 Views, 77 Comments

Kamen Rider: Equestrian Shade - The Dark Brony



An 18 year old boy killed and is reborn in Equestria with the abilities of Kamen Rider Ghost but under the new persona of Kamen Rider Shade.

  • ...
8
 77
 4,843

Chapter 21

Author's Note:

This is the start of another crossover with Spiral Drake and his story Rise Of The Black Ranger

As the group returned to the castle the train slowly stopped back underground near to the tree of Harmony as the group began to disembark from the train.

“So… mind explaining how you have a Megazord!” Simon shouted.

Alex sighed at this before saying, “when this Denliner thing crashed it was followed by Genm, you and the others along with multiple other trains. I hijacked it, and my powers changed it to suit my needs, and now I use it when needed.”

“So… you’re saying that I was part of the group, that gave you a huge robot?” Simon responded

“Yes.”

“That is awesome!” Rainbow shouted.

“I suppose it is,” Alex responded looking at the train.

Simon’s eyes then landed on the wrecked Den-Liner that was set up across from them before he said, “So.. did we do that?” as he pointed at the wrecked train.

“Yes… that was the wreck we found crashed into the everfree with the demons-” Alex began to say before being cut off by Simon.

“Imagin.”

“Okay, those Imagin, two people who are still unconscious, and three passengers inside it.” Alex corrected.

“Wait… two inside. Please say they weren’t in the cockpit,” Simon said, almost sounding scared.

“Yeah with the three De- Imagins.”

“No.”

“Simon whats-” Alex began to say before being cut off.

“No, no, no… we have not almost killed them as well have we,” Simon responded, sounding scared his eyes wide as he began breathing quickly.

“Simon, you need to calm down,” Kris shouted to Simon who hadn’t heard him.

“Am I really going to have to do the same things as his terrible father?” Alex thought to himself before walking towards Simon and slapped him before he said, “Simon, they are not dead, just unconscious, I’ve got someone keeping an eye on them for when they wake up.”

“That’s… That’s good,” Simon responded seeming to calm down before he added, “right, they’re not dead, I can still apologise for what I did.”He then looked to Alex before saying, “they’ll forgive me… right?”

“Well… if you're all like you were before this… then yes,” Alex responded.

“We should be… at least we were,” Simon responded, having now calmed down. “Right, I’ll just get myself sorted, where do you need me, dad?”

“Right now. To find your brothers,” Alex admitted.

“Really…” Simon responded before suddenly seeming timid, “do you think they’ll like me?”

“Well, if you don’t react poorly to them, I don’t see why they shouldn’t.”

“Why would I react poorly?”

“It’s easier to show you then to explain,” Kris admitted sadly.

“What does that mean?”

“Just follow me,” Alex responded turning into his Alicorn form before moving on.


As the group travelled through the castle, Shade listened to Simon and Kris talking about what they had done when they had first arrived and Kris telling Simon what had occurred in the world after he had died.

Beyond that Simon also tried to explain as much about each of the different Kamen Riders he knew in an attempt to bring him up to speed on them.

“He’s a weird one,” Harmony muttered to Shade in his head.

“Trust me… this is tame for him. I think he’s more enjoying the fact that he can see me again,” Shade responded.

“Well I suppose, and having a version of Drive active here often is good I guess,” Harmony responded, “but anyway. While you were gone a few things happened.”

“Is it anything bad?” Shade asked curiously.

“Well… when you were coming back there was an altercation just outside the town, two riders and a massive group of ponies with those Gaia memory things were going to invade but someone appeared, somehow took the powers of one of the riders and used some strange book to handle them.”

“So someone strange appeared, is it an issue?”

“No… but,” Harmony began to say but paused, “he knew I was around and not just a myth. He called me out to move them to some cells… he asked them to be as cramped as uncomfortable as possible.”

“And?”

“I did. The cells only just accommodate their bodies, they are pushed down into a small gap with the ceiling against their backs and two holes near their faces big enough to fit two dog bowls in which I keep out of their reach for most of the day and a small hole behind them for their… needs. They were both stripped of their clothes and chained to the spot so they can’t move. with stones holding the needed parts in place for if they need to ‘relieve’ themselves,” Harmony stated.

“You are a horrible creature Harmony.”

“I try. Besides they did want you dead… and one of them was from the cult. And the other wanted your rider powers,” Harmony explained.

“Okay…. Can you make the cult ones worse… lace his food with laxatives and have him drink salt water?” Shade asked.

“And you said I was the horrible one,” Harmony responded with a chuckle.

“Any rider in that cult deserves it,” Shade responded.

“Also… I think you need to check on the boy with the Timberwolves again, it's been a while and maybe it would be beneficial to try and get him to team up with us?” Harmony suggested.

“I’ll try to go out and see him and the pack later, that may be for the best.”

“No… now,” Harmony suggested.

“Fine… but after I’ve checked that the town is safe and that everyone is okay down there.”

“Okay then,” Harmony responded before saying, “but you do have a lot of people that need to talk with you. Maybe hold off with your plans till after you sort them.”

“Great… just great,” Shade thought to himself before saying, “Simon, I’m sorry but somethings come up. I’ll have to have some more time with you later, I'm afraid.”

“I guess that comes with being a prince,” Simon responded.

“I’m sorry, I really am,” Shade responded before he saw Rapid Shadows walking towards them.

Rapid then stopped upon seeing him before bowing to Shade before he said, “It is a pleasure to see you, my king.”

“Rapid… you do realise what you said. Right?” Shade asked.

“Yes, my king. Anyway, do you require anything of me?”

“Actually yes. Would you be able to show them around the castle for me please?”

“Of course. If you would all follow me I can show you around the place.”

Simon and Rainbow Dash then looked at Rapid Shadows before they left with him as Simon looked back to Shade and said, “I’ll see you later dad!” as he left.

As soon as he was alone he summoned Chrysalis to his side before he said, “Could you pass a message to anyone in line for me?”

“Of course King Shade, it would be my pleasure.”

“Okay. Please tell anyone waiting that We apologise for the wait and tell anyone that is asking about repairs to their homes, that they will be starting on the repairs soon, but if they can help the repair efforts by clearing the rubble away, so the new homes can be built it will help. Also, tell them that once an area is clear I will make sure that their homes are rebuilt as good as new for them all.”

“Of course my King,” Chrysalis responded with a bow as she walked towards the main hall before Shade teleported to the throne room and waited.


As Shade sat in the throne room hundreds of citizens from the town came in, most of the time to ask for help with basic tasks or if they could use what happened as a reason to improve their homes, which in most cases he allowed.

He even got a few nobles to try to order the same as always, for him to get rid and kill all monsters in the town, to which he had them thrown out, with the exclusion of one who had ordered him 50 times by this point and tried to attack him with a knife and had been disarmed by Valkyrie and Hellhound before he was sent to the cells under the castle.

Almost an hour after he had started he dealt with almost all of the civilians waiting outside before Valkyrie walked beside him and said, “It appears you have one more group to see.”

“When can this suffering end,” Shade muttered to himself before taking a calming breath before saying, “Send them in.” as he looked down and began to write a few notes down on a piece of parchment in front of him as he waited for the next group to enter.

The new group then walked into the room before a voice calmly said "Been a while hasn't it?"

Shade, however, didn’t look up, the voice almost sounding like one of the nobles he had dealt with the day before as he said, “Okay, what's the problem this time? Are you here to argue against my stance on the monsters living here again? If so you know where the door is so leave, I don’t have time to kick you out myself again today.”

He then heard a chuckle from whoever had entered the room as they said, "well if you look up from that paper you would know I'm not here for a complaint I just want to visit a friend."

“Then what are you here-” Shade began to say before looking up before, saw Dillon standing next to a both unfamiliar yet faintly recognisable figure as he said, “Oh… Dillon. I wasn’t expecting a visit from you,” as he nodded to some of the guards by the door as they left the room and stood outside the door.

“What can I do for you… and who’s the other half-wolf… I assume he was only recently bitten considering he only has the ears,” he admitted and stood up walking towards the duo.

The other person perked up to him being acknowledged, "Oh you can call me Ziggy" the boy responded as he leaned against Dillon.

"He's my friend and the green ranger in my group,” Dillon explained before asking, “also what the hell happened? Me and him felt some tremors and a shockwave near the cave."

“We dealt with an attack by a group of monsters earlier, and after we defeated them a green and black mist surrounded where we took one of them down. After that, it grew massive and it needed dealing with,” Shade responded.

"So that's why there was a Zord in the distance from the cave," Dillon replied, placing his hand on his chin before smiling "well then I'm just glad you were able to take care of it," to which Ziggy nodded in agreement.

“Well, it wasn’t that much of an issue,” Shade replied with a smile, “So… anything you need to talk about?”

"What's happened these past two weeks haven't really left the cave that much and when I do it's usually to visit my friend Fluttershy I'm sorta out of the loop here."

“In simple terms… a lot,” Shade responded.

"Uhm Dillon, where's the other human you were talking about? Because this guy definitely does not look human, no offence by the way," Ziggy remarks, getting a small chuckle from Dillon.

"Well you are looking at him I forgot to tell you he can change between human form and that," Dillon replies motioning towards the Alicorn.

“Well, it's more than just me being a human that lives here now,” Shade responded before pressing a button on a bracer on his wrist before reverting to the familiar human form that Dillon remembered.

Dillon just nodded as Ziggy stared blankly before he said, "I retract my statement then." A comment that somehow made Dillon laugh as Ziggy looked back to him, "hey don't laugh!".

"Okay okay, I'm sorry but seriously for the past two weeks what happened if it's long we have the time to listen especially since it seems that I've missed a lot of stuff."

At this Alex could only smile before saying, “well do you want anything before we start, something to eat or drink maybe?”

"Me and Ziggy could go for some food," Dillon said, noticing Ziggy's ears twitch at the word ‘food’.”'

“Well, what do you two want? If we have it I could offer to get you it.”

"Do you guys have any pizza or fries?" Ziggy asked as he drooled "I could go for some pizza" Dillon remarked.

“That would depend on what you want on it… I can try but I make no promises.”

"I'm good with just a cheese pizza," Dillon replies, Ziggy nodding in agreement.

“Then we’ll see what we can do,” Alex responded before saying, “now. I apologize for the late introduction for your friend… or is it your brother now all things considered?” He then held his hand out to Ziggy before saying, “If you want my human name, call me Alex. But in any other situation, you can call me Shade.”

"Nice to finally meet you, Alex," Ziggy replies, taking Alex hand in a handshake.

"To be honest we haven't really acknowledged the wolf thing so we probably are brothers now," Dillon added scratching the back of his head with a chuckle.

“Maybe something you should have thought about,” Alex admitted with a smile before adding, “before we start with me telling you what happened. Anything you want to see while you're here?”

Dillon held his chin in thought before looking towards Alex, “think you show us around this place?".

“Well, I can do… I assume you want to meet the others,” Alex admitted.

"Well you're not wrong," Dillon replied Ziggy poking out from behind him asking "also what was with that train that was flying through the air earlier?".

“...The train is kinda my ‘Zord’ if that's what you call it,” Alex responded.

"Huh, that explains a lot actually. Thank you" Ziggy replies.

"So about meeting the others can we?" Dillon asked looking at Alex.

“If I can find them. I had someone showing four other guests around so we may meet up with them if we’re lucky.”

Dillon nodded looking towards Ziggy" You have any more questions Zig's?"

Ziggy however just shook his head before saying "not really my questions have been answered."

“Okay then,” Alex responded, reverting back to his Alicorn form as he walked towards the door as it opened as he led Ziggy and Dillon outside.

"Well can we see that Zord of yours first?" Ziggy asks curiosity lacing his voice as he looks toward Alex.

“I suppose we can. But while we travel you’ll need to refer to me as Shade… I’m kinda known as that by most of the citizens both around her and in town.”

"You got it," Ziggy and Dillon say with thumbs up fanged smiles on their faces.

It was then that a long staircase appeared from the wall beside them as Shade began to walk down them before looking back to the duo and gesturing for them to follow him.

The two boys walk towards and follow behind him as they walk with him.


As the group reached the bottom of the stairs they reached a large open room with many corridors leading towards a single room, with a bright light flickering from the end of the hall.

They then made their way deeper into the caves before coming out into a large open room with two trains one on each side. The first looked to be almost destroyed with large dents on the carriages and the front being crumpled inwards with a smashed window, while the second was what looked to be a black steam train with red marking running down the side of it, each carriage sporting a different logo on the side of it.

“Well, this is basically where we’re keeping the trains right now,” Shade responded calmly, “what do you think?”

"Impressive" Dillon replied before looking towards the beaten up train "Damn that looks like it was beaten to high hell it looks cool though" Ziggy added examining the trains closely.

“Well… the damaged one did crash into the Everfree, and was on fire when I found it… with passengers inside the carriages,” Shade admitted.

"Yeesh" Dillon responds "good thing you took care of it," he says with a smile on his face.

“I am as well… Considering one of those trapped inside was my little sister from before I became… this,” Shade admitted.

Dillon patted Shades shoulder "well at least you saved her so that's one thing to be grateful for" Ziggy nodding in agreement giving a thumbs up.

“That is true. Right now she is most likely helping look after some of the younger children,” Shade admitted, “anyway, anything you want to ask about while we are here?”

"No. I don't think so," Dillon replies "wait nevermind I do, how did your sister get here?".

“She was on the train. She said she was kidnapped and tortured by someone before escaping during a mass breakout, they were using that train as a getaway vehicle, but when they were attacked most of the carriages were discarded and teleported to safety and she was in one of the carriages that were left behind when it crashed.” Shade responded calmly.

Dillon nodded in response putting his hands behind his head before going into his pocket taking out a photo muttering to himself" At least there in this"before putting it back in his pocket Ziggy noticing Dillon's demeanour getting back from Somber to happy again.

“Something wrong?” Shade responded as he looked at Dillon.

"It's nothing just thinking about my family"Dillon replies with a smile still on his face.

“Isn’t your brother next to you?” Shade responded with a smile as he looked at the black and red train.

Dillon's eyes widened for a second before chuckling, glancing at Ziggy who smiled at him warmly "I guess he is".

“Say, I didn’t ask but how did you two meet. I swear you weren't together when we last met?”

Shades question gets a nervous chuckle from Dillon who had Ziggy smugly looking at him " ugh I met him back in ponyville two weeks ago and I almost killed him before getting stopped by a…... Kamen rider I think?".

“Really. Who was the rider who you met?”

"I think she called herself Drive, don't know if she was a Kamen rider though".

“Well, Drive is a Kamen Rider… it’s just which one you mean.”

"I don't really know, she did seem to know my friend Fluttershy and also had a talking belt".

“Once again. Both Drive's have a talking belt,” Shade admitted.

"I don't know what to tell you then because she didn't stick around that long" Dillon Responded

“I see… yep, that fits that Drive to a tee,” Shade admitted with a chuckle, “you must have met the normal Drive. We have a second one who recently moved into the town.”

Dillon chuckled in response.

"She definitely seemed impatient" Ziggy added "didn't even get the chance to get my witty one-liners in" this getting a laugh from Dillon.

“I’m pretty sure the mare under the mask would have beat you to it,” Shade responded with a shake of his head before smiling, “I really need to look at those new carriages that appeared after that fight.”

"Can we see the inside of them?" Ziggy asks, interested.

“If you want. Theirs, not a lot to the main ones though,” Shade admitted.

Ziggy responded with a nod as Dillon walked towards the front of the trains wanting to look at the exteriors more.

“Dillon, do you want to go inside or are you fine out here?”

Dillon thought to himself for a second before nodding saying "I'll go inside I'm kinda curious" Then walking next to Ziggy.

Shade then opened the door as he walked inside gesturing for us both to follow him inside as both boys then followed behind Shade following him through the door.

Once they got inside the first carriage they saw that it had a black interior with red seats and tables rubbing against the sides of it, “as I said. A normal train carriage, nothing special.”

"Better looking than any train carriage I've been in" Dillon added.

“How many have you been in?” Shade asked curiously.

"Two but that was before I landed here in Equestria". Dillon replied.

“Ah… I take it the trains weren’t very nice where you came from,” Shade responded with a smile.

"Not really I mean they weren't terrible but they weren't great either" Dillon responds with a dismissive shrug.

“I see. Well anyway, the main train is at the front, the next three are the same as this, and after are the ones I've not actually seen yet.”

"Okay then let's continue," Ziggy adds getting a nod from Dillon Ziggy then asking "Alex how long have you been here in Equestria?".

" Much longer than you and me Ziggy," Dillon replies.

“Well… a bit over 1000 years… if you count my time on the moon as on Equestria,” Shade responded.

"Oh," Ziggy said, then smiling at Dillon just standing next to him with a blank look on his face "Okay let's get this going Alex Ziggy seems a bit anxious to see more".

“Not like there's much to see,” Shade responded.

"To be honest I've only been in Equestria for a couple of months," Ziggy said as the two resumed, following Shade further into the Carriages the duo looked at interior intently.

“As I said it’s more of the same for the most part. Need to refit one into a dining car at some point,” Alex admitted.

Dillon looks back toward Shade, "Then let's get this show on the road".

“The group then walked through the remaining few passenger carriages before reaching the door to the next as he said, “heads up. I know nothing about the last three.”

"You got it" Dillon replies him and Ziggy nodding.

As the group ventured into the first of the unknown carriages they looked to their sides to find a strange sight in front of them. A red and white sports car, with a stylised ‘R’ on the front of it but seemingly no number plates.

"Out of anything I did not expect to see a car" Dillon remarks, a brow raised.

"Me neither" Ziggy replies, his brow also raised.

“To be fair… I half expected it, I mean this and one other did appear and turn into the legs of the Zord, strange that it has a new cart to keep with the train though,” Shade responded seemingly talking to himself.

"It's a nice set of wheels," Dillon remarks Ziggy nodding in agreement.

“Also… shouldn’t one of you expect to see a motorbike and the other a police car?” Shade asked.

"I guess?" Dillon replies, shrugging dismissively.

“What do you mean you guess… I swear two are going to have your own giant monsters to fight, I'm pretty sure you should get those things somehow.”

"We would but I don't know how Me and Ziggy have more or less just been training together so we don't get destroyed in battle other than that it hasn't really crossed my mind until now," he said putting his hands in his pockets.

Shade then paused before asking the duo, “how much have you improved if at all?”

"Our reaction times have gotten better and we're more aware of our surroundings more so we won't be that vulnerable from behind, I can actually control my strength better now" Dillon replies.

"And I'm much faster than I was before, " Ziggy adds in.

“Well… I can’t remark for you, considering I've never seen you in action,” Shade admitted as he looked at Ziggy.

Ziggy just smiles nervously "Y-yeah I guess so".

“Maybe it would be worth spending some time training you both when you're not busy that is?” Shade offered.

"We would be up for that we're not that busy at all and we don't really leave the cave that much other than to spar with each other or when I visit Fluttershy" Dillon responds.

“Then it may be best to train with some other people, it can’t help training with just each other all the time.”

"It definitely would be better to train with others plus we would improve more so I'm down for that" Dillon replies.

“Okay, I’ll make sure to see what you can do later,” Shade responded before walking towards the next cart.

Ziggy and Dillon follow behind Shade, Ziggy then looking towards Dillon with a smile on his face pointing his fist out towards him Dillon looking at it for a second before smiling and bumping it with his own the two making an explosion sound before looking forward again.

Once the group reached the next carriage they found that it looked identical to the last one once again having another car inside, this one was also a sports car, but was black with blue jagged lines covering it.

"Another car, cool," Ziggy remarks.

“I did tell you I had no idea what was in the last three… we got two cars… in a world with no proper roads, or way to fuel them,” Shade responded with a shake of his head.

"I find it funny that there are two vehicles for transportation and you can't use either of them," Dillon says with a chuckle, his arm at his side.

“Yeah, yeah. Way to point that…” Shade began to say before stopping, “on that note… how is the train still able to run, I have no fuel for this either?”

Dillon stays silent for a moment before responding "I-i don't know".

“I suppose I need to look into that too. My list is just getting longer and longer,” Shade admitted calmly with a shrug of his shoulders, “well. We just have one left.”

"Ok" Dillon and Ziggy reply.

As the group entered the last carriage the scene they found was very different, along the wall was what looked to be large tubes built into the walls each looking empty, there was also a computer by the side of each with all but one switched off. The one being on looking to have a heartbeat monitor being shown on that seemed to be reacting to something, a faint beeping being heard.

'Well this is….interesting" Dillon says with a bewildered expression.

“What even is in this room?” Shade asked in confusion as he walked around the room.

"It's a bit unnerving, to be honest," Ziggy remarks, a hesitant look on his face.

Shade then paused next to the tube with a working computer next to it before he said, “Can you two head back to the first carriage. I’ll catch you up in a minute.”

"Y-yeah.. sure see ya in a minute, "Dillon says as he and Ziggy head back to the first carriage.

As soon as Dillon and Ziggy had left the room he looked into the active tube as he saw the familiar figure of Valkyrie inside it.

“Harmony, just gotta check… Which Valkyrie is this?”

“That would be the one then turned giant,” Harmony responded.

“Is Twilight around at the moment?” Alex asked as he looked into the tube, “we might want to learn why a giant monster formed from this one.”

“I too am curious about it my Lord,” a voice responded before across the carriage as Alex turned to see Twilight standing near a second door before she walked towards him before dropping to her knee, with her head bowed.

“What can do for you Lord Shade,” Twilight responded before dropping onto both knees and bowing at his feet, almost looking to worship in once more, “your very wishes are my deepest desires to achieve for you.”

“You done?”

“Yes,” She responded before standing up and saying, “So… what do you need me for here… this looks like some crazy sort of lab… almost like the old ones the cult used.”

“I’m not experimenting on kids Twilight,” Alex responded.

“I know… but where do we stand on those being turned, or having been turned into monsters already? Are they free game?”

“Twilight.”

“I mean. If they are already twisted and turned into weapons by the cult why not just reformat them. I could easily with the right equipment to create something to act as a beacon to them and reprogram them to follow your orders remotely.” She then looked at the Phantom in the tube before saying, “Oh… I think I can do something with that… but maybe you could use his form or…”

“Twilight, what are you thinking?” Alex asked.

“You transform into the form you use around us using that thing on your arm… what if we modify it to keep the DNA of different monsters and species you meet in it, you could use it to blend in with others better or capture a monster of the cult quietly and change into it before infiltrating their bases and capturing their riders to use as we see fit!”

“Twilight…”

“We could use it to even transfer characteristics to others. I mean you could give a pony who loses their wing, horn or legs new ones…. Or repair the bodies of the dragons who had their wings crippled or fix those changling queens bodies to no longer keep laying constantly, or fix their bodies to bear young again!” Twilight shouted excitedly, “Please we have to try this!”

Alex paused for a second considering his options before saying, “do you know what you're doing?”

“Yes! I’ve been looking into the thing on your arm and that group from the other world left notes on maintaining it! Please!” Twilight shouted excitedly.

“How long would it take?”

“Five minutes at most, and that's to completely update and fix it!” Twilight responded.

Alex then placed his arm on the table before asking, “do you need it taking off or can you do this while I wear it?”

“Oh, It needs taking off,” Twilight responded.

Alex then began to remove the bracer before grabbing her and saying, “Know if you do anything with it beyond what we agreed I will make the rest of your life as painful as possible and I will draw it out.”

“I understand my lord, I do not want to anger my god after all,” she responded as he let her go and she dropped to the floor shaking before kneeling by his feet and saying, “If I ever betray you, I will turn myself into nothing less than a mindless animal and be your plaything for the rest of time.”

“Twilight.”

“I swear it, my lord. I am yours and yours alone.” Twilight stated as she began to kiss his shoes.

“Twilight. Get up now!” Alex shouted in annoyance,

“Sorry Master!” Twilight responded as she stood up.

“Wait… what did you call me.”

“Master… wait why did I say that?” Twilight asked before saying, “anyway, do you mind if I get started on the upgrade?”

“Sure,” Alex responded, taking off the bracer and placing it on the table before Twilight began working on it.

Okay Harmony, explain.” Alex requested.

Must be an aftereffect of something you said when you corrected her. She must view her situation with you as a Master and slave sort of thing. Which it kinda is considering she’s not able to die without your say so now.” Harmony stated. “And if her actions earlier are any indication, she may always see herself as a slave to someone. Might as well be the one she views as a god.”

“That doesn’t make it better.”

“Maybe not… but it is the truth. To her you are everything now, pleasing you and catering for your desires is what she deems as the most important thing on the planet. You most likely rank above her family and friends in most cases… Well if she had friends that is.”

“Okay.” Alex responded, “So… do you think this will work?”


“Yes. She’d not try to trick you now. She cares deeply for you… almost close to love towards you. In her mind, she wants to belong to you… in every possible way.” Harmony stated, “and I mean every way.”

“The big one won’t happen,” Alex stated.

“Maybe not… but I could make it possible for your other body.”

“You mean my Alicorn self right.”

“Of course. And considering Stallions aren’t plentiful in this world, why not amass a few loving wives to carry on your bloodline. I mean little Luna would likely jump at the chance, and she already wants you. I can sense it.”

“Luna I’ll consider… her no.”

“Fine,” Harmony responded, “just think about it, she’ll always be with you, just give her try one day.”

“Done!” Twilight shouted, “you should be able to procure a new species form after extracting part of their DNA! If this works you would be able to walk anywhere without being seen.”

Alex then placed the bracer back on his arm before Twilight added, “I also took the liberty of adding my DNA into it for the Unicorn form. It should retain your colour pallet as an alicorn so you don’t look like me, but only time will tell.”

“Well, I'll test it later,” Alex responded before looking at the Phantom, “what about him?”

“I’ll extract a bit of DNA from him, and see what I can learn. You go look after those kids. I saw them with that Simon guy,” Twilight responded before seeming to go to the screen by the tube and working near it, “And… could I get a lab set up here for when we go out to new places?”

“Sure. Just be aware that this is a moving weapon and giant mech,” Alex responded turning back into his Alicorn form as he left the carriage to reach the others.


As Shade walked into the first carriage before he saw Simon in the room with Dillon leaning against a wall on the far side of the carriage and said, “Okay… what did you do now Simon?”

"So that's your name” Dillon commented.

“What inappropriate thing did that idiot say now?” Shade asked with a shake of his head.

“I didn’t say anything!” Simon responded.

“Simon. This is you were talking about!” Shade shouted as Simon lowered his head. “So Dillon what did he say?”

Dillon looks at him with a frown, “he said along the lines that I and Ziggy were American knockoffs” he said before looking away in a huff.

Alex shook his head before pausing, “Wait… I think I know what that Idiot meant, considering that all of the Power Rangers series are a localisation of the Japanese versions.”

“I get that, still could have said it in a less hurtful manner though” Dillon replies sticking his hands into pockets.

“He could have, but he’s an idiot who has spent the last how many years following someone else's orders mindlessly. He doesn’t really… think.”

Dillon snerked, trying to hold in a laugh his arms at his sides.

“Dillon definitely doesn’t look mad anymore at least” Ziggy comments chuckling at Dillon’s behaviour.

“Dad! I wasn’t that bad!” Simon shouted.

“Really? I’m sure I remember you speaking like a robot and saying,’Yes Lord Genm.’”

Dillon laughs out loud falling on his back “oh my...oh my god” his laughter reverberating through the carriage.

“And there he goes,” Ziggy says as he looks towards Dillon.

“Dad! Stop it!” Simon shouted his face red.

Dillon stands up wiping a tear from his eye “oh..oh my god that’s so funny” his laughing turning back to chuckling.

“It's not funny!” Simon shouted in anger.

“Oh, it is. We were so mindless it was almost sad,” a new voice responded.

Dillon perks up looking in the direction of the new voice “hello who are you?”.

“Just a ‘friendly’ belt,” the voice responded.

“Well, friendly now,” Simon muttered.

“Oh ok then,” Dillon says as he puts his hands behind his head “at least you're not mindless anymore”.

“Yeah,” Ziggy adds, his fangs showing in his smile.

“Simon or the Belt?” Shade asked.

“Both” Dillon and Ziggy say in unison.

“There is a grey area for the belt,” Simon responded.

“That's slightly concerning,” Ziggy replies in a nervous tone as Dillon just chuckled nervously.

“Well… I was threatening to murder everyone before he ‘reprogramed’ me,” the belt stated.

“Never in my life have I thought I would ever be unnerved by a belt….. Well guess there's a first for everything,” Dillon replies with a chuckle.

“Just wait till you meet a Kivat, you’ll likely get unnerved by that,” Simon admitted.

“The hell’s a Kivat?”Dillon replies, his brow raised.

“And I’ll leave you to think on that,” Simon responded.

“It’s a demon in the shape of a bat that some variant of rider uses to transform, by being bitten by it,” the belt responded.

“Oh… I regret asking that question,” Dillon responded as he shuddered.

“I don’t think I want to see one,” Ziggy adds, fear in his voice.

“Why not? I’m sure you’d be fine,” the belt responded.

“As long as a Fangire doesn’t bite you,” Simon added.

“Ok hold up what’s a Fangire and what happens if it bites me?” Dillon asks concern lacing his voice.

“Think Stained Glass… You get turned into that then shatter,” the belt admitted.

"I'm gonna shut up now," Dillon says before walking away and crouching in the corner.

“Are you both really that stupid?” Shade asked, looking at both Simon and the belt, before he walked towards Dillon and knelt down in front of him, “you okay?”

Dillon just stayed silent before turning his toward Shade fear in his eyes as he imagined what Simon and the belt told him before he started to shake.

Shade then wrapped his wing around Dillon before pulling him closer and wrapping his arms around Dillon's body slowly rubbing his neck, “it’s okay, I’m right here and nobodies going to hurt you.”

Dillon shuddered as he began to calm down tears threatening to go down his face as his breathing slowed down as he wrapped his arms around Shade.

"T-thank you," Dillon whimpered.

“It’s not a problem,” Shade responded as he picked Dillon up and sat on a nearby seat holding the scared child to his chest as he rubbed the back of his neck, “take a long as you need, and cry if you need to.”

"I've never seen him like this, what you guys said must have really scared him," Ziggy comments looking at Dillon with a worried look on his face before looking towards Simon and the belt.

“Well, would you be scared of death?” Simon responded.

"Of course I am, it's just I've never seen him like this before" Ziggy replies. "He has told me that he was on the brink of death before but I didn't think it affected him that much" Ziggy continues a sad look on his face.

“Well… Maybe he feels more open about his feelings around my dad. He seems to have that effect on people.” Simon suggested, “who knows he may see him as a father figure in his life.”

Dillon nuzzles into Shade his breathing back to normal before looking up as his hair covers his eyes before saying "I-I'm feeling better now".

Shade then used his hand to push Dillon’s hair out of his eyes, looking at Dillon with a kind smile, “you sure, we can sit here for as long as you need.”

Dillon just looks at Shade for a couple of seconds before nodding quietly "Y-yeah I'm sure".

“Okay then,” Shade responded before leaning in and whispering, “is there anything you want to say before we get moving?”

Dillon just shakes his head in response, staying silent with a shy look on his face.

“Okay then,” Shade responded, removing his arms from around Dillon before looking towards Ziggy, “you okay over their kid? If you want to sit down and rest for a bit you are free to do so.”

Ziggy flinches before straightening up before saying "N-no I'm fine".

Shade only looked at him before saying, “Okay, I can see something on your mind. Come here and talk about it. Get it off your chest,” tapping the chair gesturing for Ziggy to sit beside him.

"O-okay then," Ziggy responded walking towards the chair and sitting next to Shade.

“Right, What's the problem?” Shade asked with a kind smile on his face.

Ziggy just smiles before going silent for a couple of seconds.

"It's just I never really expected to see you act fatherly towards Dillon. It's kind of first for me to actually see that" Ziggy says a sombre look on his face before continuing to say. "The way he reacted... it just hurt me to see him like that. But when you held him like that it made me happy that he had someone else that cared for him like this".

“And let me guess, you want to be able to be held like that?” Ziggy just stayed silent, before looking away in embarrassment. “I take that as a yes,” before he used his wing to carefully move Dillon to sit on one side of his before wrapping his wings around the two boys while rubbing the back of Ziggy’s neck, “better?”

Ziggy faintly nods snuggling into Shades Wing, "T-thank you" Ziggy says muffled by Shades wing.

“Your welcome,” Shade responded as he rubbed the back of Ziggy’s neck while pulling both closer to him with his wings, “If either of you wants to ask me anything you can. I’ll be here for you both whenever you need me.”

Dillon and Ziggy give a muffled ok staying snuggled into Shades wings.

Dillon starts to look up towards Shade "Shade d-do you mind if you treat us a-as" he tries to say too embarrassed to get the words out with Ziggy also having trouble getting the words out as well his embarrassed demeanour returning.

Shade then looked to Simon before saying, “could you wait for us outside?”

“Of course,” Simon responded before walking off the train.

“Is there something on your mind? Whatever it is there is nothing for either of you to be embarrassed about, so speak your minds.”

"D-do you mind if you treat us like your own kids," Dillon and Ziggy say in unison.

Shade paused before he asked them, “just need to check I heard you right. Are you asking if I would become an adopted father for the two of you?”

Dillon and Ziggy nod in affirmation "Y-yeah" the both continuing to talk in unison.

Shade just smiled at the two of them before kissing each of them on the foreheads, “I hope that answers your question.” Dillon and Ziggy look at him in shock for a couple of seconds before giving Shade big toothy smiles before hugging him. “And I take that as a yes it does,” Shade added with a chuckle.

Dillon and Ziggy nod, the duo's happiness evident from Dillon's wagging tail and both their fanged grins.

"Yeah," Dillon says with happy tears, with Ziggy still smiling, the two too happy to say anything else.

Dillon and Ziggy continue to hug Shade for a couple more seconds before letting go, as Shade starts wiping the tears from Dillon's eyes using his wing before smiling at the duo, “you both ready to get moving, I think you need to meet the rest of your brothers, and your aunt now.”

"Yeah, I'm ready d-dad" Dillon replies, "Yeah dad" Ziggy adds with a smiling.

“Okay then,” Shade responded before the group stood up to leave the train.

"Hey Dad, c-can I hold your hand?” Dillon asks with Ziggy then asking "And can I get a piggyback ride?" Ziggy showing an embarrassed look after saying the last bit of his question.

Shade could only chuckle at them before he held his hand out to Dillon before saying, “yes, and after we get off the train I’ll let you up.”

Dillon gets hold of Shades hand and smiles as the three walk off of the train.


As the group got off the train Shade knelt down before Ziggy climbed on top of Shade's shoulders.

“I’m not going to ask…” Simon began to say, “okay… what the hell happened in there?”

“I thought you weren't going to ask,” Shade responded with a smirk.

“I wasn’t but this is just strange, why are you giving one a piggyback and having the other hold your hand like he’s your son?” Simon asked.

Dillon perks up at this saying, "because we kind of are his sons now" a small smile on his face.

“Wait… what?” Simon asked in confusion.

"You heard him, he's our dad now too," Ziggy comments with a smile.

Simon then looked to Shade before saying, “I need an explanation.”

“I will as we walk to the surface,” Shade responded.

“Fine,” Simon responded before pausing, “Wait… doesn’t this make them my little brothers?”

"I guess it does" Dillon responds, him and Ziggy giving Simon a smile.

“Okay, I think we all need to talk,” Simon responded.

“Agreed, but maybe outside with somewhere to sit down,” Shade requested.

“Fine, if everyone else is okay with that,” Simon responded looking at Ziggy and Dillon.

Dillon and Ziggy think for a couple of seconds before nodding in agreement before a stairway appeared beside them and they made their way upstairs.

Dillon closed his eyes happily, as they walked up showing his toothy grin, his tail wagging in excitement.