• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 4,839 Views, 77 Comments

Kamen Rider: Equestrian Shade - The Dark Brony



An 18 year old boy killed and is reborn in Equestria with the abilities of Kamen Rider Ghost but under the new persona of Kamen Rider Shade.

  • ...
8
 77
 4,839

Chapter 7

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone,

Get ready for a long one, this was originally going to be a little thing between me and NWRAlicorn and his story Kamen Rider Day Break and Super Sentai Knightmare Force to help us build ideas for our own stories, but in the end, it grew to something we couldn't help but want to use in our own stories.

It has given me a ton of ideas for the future leading from what we did, that will give all of you a chance to become part of the story in a later stage that I will release when that comes to light.

I hope to hear your thoughts on this chapter, and what you think my ideas for the future may be?

Three months had past since Luna, Alex and Midnight had arrived at the moonbase they were calling home, during this time Alex had learnt that to use each eyecon’s ability he needed to attain the weapon that was used with them and from that had learned that the Billy the Kid Eyecon was currently unusable.

He had also on many occasion been inside the other Eyecons and learned about their individual abilities, and had learned that even though outside the Eyecon’s they had no voice of their own inside they possessed one, which had led to may conversations between them, and during one of them had learn’t that to use the Billy the Kid Eyecon he needed to obtain a pair of pistols.

This had left him contemplating just how he could accomplish this when the world below currently had no firearms to be used for the purpose of making the Eyecon usable.

It was at this moment he looked now and he saw Midnight resting on his chest obviously trying to sneak up on him, which frankly trying to climb up his chest to do so wasn’t the easy way to do so.

“Hello Midnight,” Alex replied as he looked up to the filly.

“Aww… I wanted to surprise you,” Midnight moaned in annoyance as she stood up and crossed her arms.

“Don’t worry, you most likely have a long time to try and surprise me,” Alex replied with a smile before he suddenly feel strange, as a small portal opened in front of him, as his body went into his Eyecon as it floated into the portal.


-Meanwhile in another universe-

“Alright, quit screwing around!” Leon barked, glancing at the ghostly changeling. “Just what do you want?””

The others thought Celestia’s cousin had cracked his head, but what they didn’t see was Alex, sitting there, with his eyecon in hand. However, someone else was watching from the shadows. Luna, who was not exactly happy, pulled out an eyecon with a mask on it and the word “Shade” written on the top. She proceeded to activate it, while glaring at the seat across from Leon. She had a feeling that her friend in the eyecon she activated would help. Strangely though the Eyecon seemed to nothing. No sound was heard, not change was present on the image.

Luna growled at the lack of response from the eyecon.

“Damn thing,” she snarled at it. It was at this moment that a burning red black doorway appeared in front of her that was radiating heat towards her.

“This better be working or else….” she hissed.

“Or else what?” A voice replied from behind her.

Luna wheeled to see a familiar figure standing there. He had black hair and blue eyes, and was wearing some black tracksuit bottoms, along with a red t-shirt below and an open black jacket that had a bright red collar running next to the zip.

“Ah, Alex,” Luna said. “Care to help us with a little problem?”

“Umm… have we met before?” The figure that had appeared asked in confusion.

“Many times, in your dreams,” Luna replied simply

“Pretty sure you’re not my Luna… so I doubt it,” The figure replied.

“I remember you once said that you and I would make a beautiful couple,” she chuckled.

The figure could only raise an eyebrow to her before he asked her “Who was it we met on the moon?”

“Midnight, the filly version of Nightmare Moon, speaking of whom, is out on an errand,” Luna replied.

“Ugh… fine… why did you call me… I’m pretty sure it’s not for a catch up?”

“We have a bit of a problem,” Luna said. “Apparently, there’s another ghost rider.”

“And if that’s an Alex, I’m Queen Chrysalis in drag!” a voice shouted in a snarky, sarcastic tone.

“Then I guess your Queen Chrysalis then,” Alex replied with a smirk.

“Wanna have a go?!” the mystery figure snarled.

Alex just looked to Luna as he asked “Should I bother?”

“According to Leon,” she said, gesturing to the Alicorn version of Blueblood. “That character’s been, to quote him, “Right Cocky out the gate”. Apparently, it’s because he’s Newton Abbot born and bred. He believes your inferior to him.”

Alex just rolled his eyes before he said to the mysterious figure, “Well then hit me if you think you’re strong enough!”

That statement was greeted by a punch, which caused did nothing as it just phased through Alex’s head.

“And I thought I was the only ghost here! Time to up the fight!”

There was a flash of light and the mysterious figure showed up. The costume had a black, leather underjacket and coated in a Brunswick green and brass trimmed armor. On the chest plate was a Circular Logo with the letters “GWR” in the circle.

Alex just looked at Luna before he asked her “Should I even bother, or do you have something more important I should be doing?”

Luna chuckled.

“I was hoping to have you help us with a minor bug problem,” she said. “Chrysalis is working with the Kamen Rider Enemies to take over here. And considering Little Mr. Cocky over there’s engaged to Chrysalis, you’re the only one we can trust at the moment.”

“Well then where is it there hiding… and please say I have at least someone useful help me.”

“Well, Daybreaker has a small army of Kamen Riders at her disposal if that helps,” Luna said. “And one can seek out both enemy and ally specters. Is that any help at all?”

Alex could have kissed Luna right then and there.

“Anything is better than nothing,” Alex replied. “Where can I find this Daybreaker.”

“Leon will take you to her. I’ll tag along, as she said she has something for me,” Luna said.

“Well then, lead the way,” Alex replied ignoring the mysterious figure.

Leon obliged and after getting them to a hidden hallway, he teleported them to a recreation room, where they were greeted by a Changeling Queen and a sky blue pegasus playing pool.

“Right, Moorland, who’s got the most points?” the pegasus asked.

“You do, Cerulean,” Moorland replied. “I’ll buy lunch after the game if….oh, hello there. Looking for Daybreaker?”

Luna nodded.

“She’s out right now, taking on a giant bee monster,” Moorland said. “Who’s the human with you?”

“Alex,” Luna said. “A friend, who’s gonna help us.”

Moorland smiled over at him.

“Pleasure to meet you, Alex. I’m Queen Moorland Mist of the Baltimare Moors hive,” she said.

“The pleasure is all mine,” Alex replied as he held his hand out to her.

She shook his hand with her hoof. They were about to relax when a figure arrived back. Alex saw it was a Kamen Rider, themed after a Brown Recluse Spider. Listening, Alex heard something and saw Luna jolt.

“What?! My sister…” Luna began.

“Yup, kidnapped,” the Rider said. “And the monster was no help at all.”

Alex walked over to the figure, wanting to make sure he heard right. “Sorry, who was kidnapped again maybe I can assist you?”

“Princess Celestia,” the figure said. “She was last seen walking towards the shower room, but vanished. Thick strands of silk were found at the scene. A quick scan revealed them to be spider silk from some kind of Orb Weaver Spider.”

“Have you got any way to track her down?”

“I did,” the figure said. “But the Spider’s webs have cancelled it out.”

“Do you have any methods of tracking down whatever took her?”

“That I do,” the figure said. “It was messy and left a trail of webs. Why? Are you thinking that if we find whatever took her, we’ll find her, right?”

“I belive that may be the case, if i’m right in saying this a spider normally either resides out of sight of the web but attached so it can read its prey’s movements when it’s caught, or hides at the centre, it’s possible if you find where the threads end you can trace a line to find the centre of the web and in theory our monster.”

“You may be right,” the figure said.

They watched the figure use a large machine to trace the webs. On the screen was Celestia in the center of a giant spiderweb, with a human looking Spider figure sitting in one corner of the web. Alex smirked.

“Bingo,” he said.

He walked over to the figure and proposed a planned rescue of Celestia.

“What’s your plan for the rescue?” the figure asked

“Well I’ll sneak in and get her out without causing any implication and get Celestia out without anyone knowing… and if that fails deal with the monster.” Alex admitted.

“Sounds like a plan. However, if this monster drops a Gashat, then what?” the figure quizzed.

“Umm… what’s a Gashat… and why would it drop one?” Alex asked in confusion..

“A Gashat is a sort of morphing device, like your Eyecon,” the figure said. “And as for why it might drop one, the answer is that the monster is created from the Gashat.”

“Hmm… Well then I don’t know then.”

“Well, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there,” the figure said. “And thank you for the help, Alex, or should I say, Kamen Rider Shade.”

That got Alex’s attention as he asked the figure “How did you know about that?”

“I know, as I saw you in the dream realm.”

The figure removed the helmet to reveal Daybreaker’s face, smiling softly at him.

“Great… are their any other people who are stalking my dreams I should be aware of?” Alex asked in annoyance

“Just me and Luna,” Daybreaker said. “However, it seems you were feeling slightly cheated when there were no Spider Themed Kamen Riders, am I correct?” That had been a dream, and nothing more. He stared at her, trying to understand this Alicorn Mare.

Alex Simply looked at Daybreaker with a raised eyebrow as he replied to her by saying “No… I hadn’t really are you sure you have the right guy on that thought?.”

She smiled. “I’m sure. I wouldn’t make that mistake, having now seen you in the flesh, as it were.”

“Okay, you can all debate this later,” Luna interjected. “We have a situation before us that needs tending to.”

“Right, of course, shall we get going?” Alex asked.

“Yes,” Daybreaker said.

Alex and Daybreaker disappeared off, after she gave them orders that should things get out of control, they were to jump in. It seemed to be odd, in both Alex and Daybreaker’s thought processes. Why outsource a kidnapping when you could do it faster and easier?

“Alex? Something troubling you?” Daybreaker called over.

Before he could say anything, the two found themselves stopped by a giant tiger monster.

“Think it’ll let us past?” Alex asked with a sigh.

The monster said nothing at first, then spoke.

“Where are you off to?” it asked.

“Why you asking?” Alex replied as he brought his hand to one of him metal bands on his arms.

“Because if it’s to rescue Celestia, then don’t worry. She’s in another hideout.”

“The frickin mario reference… what’s your name Toad?”

“No, Shadow Hunter,” came the reply. “Now come on, I’ll take you to her. As for the spider monster, it dropped an Eyecon.”

“Really? Who’s Eyecon did it drop?” Alex asked.

“Well, it’s a bit complicated,” Shadow Hunter said.

“In what way is it complicated?”

“Well, the monster dropped an eyecon of itself,” Shadow Hunter said.

“Is it any use to any of your riders?” Alex asked Daybreaker curiously.

“Hmm, maybe,” She replied.

“You better forget that,” Shadow Hunter said. “It’s bonded to Celestia, which adds to the confusion.”

Daybreaker and Alex exchanged a look of confused bewilderment. Shadow Hunter lead the two to the hideout, where Celestia was napping, with the Eyecon propped against her. Alex took to examining the Eyecon before he said “just because this was next to her doesn’t by any means mean it’s tied to her, these things can be used by anyone with the ability to do so.”

“Where it confuses me is that…” Shadow Hunter started.

However, they were interrupted when Celestia came to.

“What happened?” She asked.

“You were captured by some Orb Weaver Spider creature and rescued by Shadow Hunter. Now, we have an Eyecon that’s supposedly tied to you,” Daybreaker said.

“I see…..” Celestia said.

Alex then looked to Celestia curiously thinking on what Shadow Hunter had said before he asked her “Princess, do you think you know how to use this Eyecon that was found in your possession?”

“I do. Why? Is there something on your mind?” Celestia asked.

“No, not on mine… but it’s possible this belongs to you,” Alex said as the tossed her the Eyecon in his hand.

She caught it and they watched as she activated her eyecon and disappeared in a light and appeared in a Kamen Rider Costume, taking everyone there by surprise. The costume had a black leather underjacket with the armor resembling that of a Golden Orb Weaver Spider. Draped over her was a dark forest green cape.

“Surprised?” she asked.

“Not really,” Alex replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

She chuckled. However, Alex was interested in the design and even curious. What was hiding under that cape of hers. The way she stood there seemed a little to inviting for him to investigate.

“I won’t jump out at you or attack, so investigate away,” she said.

“I wasn’t going to do that!” Alex groaned.

She moved slightly and something caught their eye. A gleam of metal. Shadow Hunter, in one swift movement, whipped the cape back to reveal a hidden collapsible bow and quiver of arrows.

“So… I guess that’s your weapon,” Alex said calmly

“It is,” she said.

“For some reason, all Arachnid themed riders are archers,” Daybreaker said. “Any suggestions as to why?”

“No I don’t… I barely know about them myself,” Alex admitted.

“Hmmm, Alex, what do you know about arachnids in general, besides being the typical gross bug that are used in horror films?” Shadow Hunter asked the human. “Could it be that they’re hunters?”

“Understatement of the century,” Alex replied.

They all chuckled and were heading out when a blacklight arrow whizzed passed them, imbedding itself in one of the wooden support beams. They turned to see a shadow version of Kamen Rider Shade standing there.

“Hand over the newest rider and no one dies….a slow death that is,” the Shadow Rider said.

“I’m afraid I have to decline that offer,” Alex replied as he turned to the Shadow rider before adding with a smirk, “Of course you’re welcome to try and kill me.”

The Shadow Rider fired arrows at Alex, which phased through his body.

“I should have guessed that would be your answer,” Alex replied before his Ghost Driver appeared on his waist and he held his Eyecon up activating it and placing into the Driver as the image of his mask appeared from the eye on his driver before his Parka Ghost appeared from it as the demonic voice shouted out “Eye!” as the Parka Ghost that had appeared flew behind him as the words “Kaigan! Shade!” was heard followed by the tune “Let’s Go! Kakugo! Akuma-tekina Shade!”

Daybreaker stood next to Shade.

“Shall we dispose of this annoyance?” she asked him.

“Sure you want to waste your time with him?” Shade asked calmly as black flames began to flicker on the ground below him before a large black and red axe rose from it into Shade’s hand.

Daybreaker nodded and followed suit, becoming Kamen Rider Recluse Archer. The two faced the Shadow Rider, who chuckled and summoned up several Shadow Warriors.

“If you think your getting out easy, think again,” The Shadow Rider chuckled darkly.

“...You know what, screw this!” Shade shouted as he pulled out a new eyecon removing the old one in the process before replacing it before a large black and red coat appeared as the the phrase “Eye! Kaigan Wizard! Yubiwa no mahō! Saigo no kibō!” was heard as Shade looked towards the Shadow Rangers covered in a long red, black and silver flowing robe that looked to be covered in large red gems around parts of the helmet and chest.

It was at this moment Shade looked up before bringing his hand out to the side as he said calmly “It’s Showtime!” before suddenly charging forwards as a strange pistol appeared in his hand, that had a large symbol in the shape of a open hand on it as he fired at the Shadow Riders knocking them down as he approached before switching the gun into a sword as he began cutting the Shadow Riders down.

Kamen Rider Recluse Archer nodded. She charged directly at the lead Shadow Rider, engaging him on her own. The others watched as the two traded blows, both evenly matched.

The new Rider jumped in, helping the other Archer take down the leader. Together, they finished off the Shadow Rider, before turning to the others.

“Shall we return to base?” she asked.

Shade just stood their for a second before looking down to the ground as he reached down and picked up a strange rectangular object before canceling his transformation as the words “It’s time for shuteye!” was heard, and he placed the object into his jacket.

Alex followed them back to the Castle Daybreaker called base. As they walked back, Daybreaker turned to Alex.

“Alex, how’d you become a Kamen Rider?” she asked him.

“It’s kind of a sore subject for me,” Alex replied as he rubbed the back of his head, “You sure you need to hear it?”

“If it is a sore topic, we can skip it,” Daybreaker said. “I meant no offence or upset by the question.”

“It’s not that… it’s more the fact of how it happened that frustrates me,” Alex admitted.

“We can skip that, then,” she said.

“...No it’s fine, I was murdered by a person in a similar situation to myself, but he found a way back from the world he was sent to. That man controlled a random driver to drive down a sidewalk running down pedestrians… including myself, then made us believe he wanted to save us… but instead that man tried enslaving everyone he had killed, he turned a ton of us into Eyecons and planned to pass us onto someone else to use as weapons to kill another like himself. If it wasn’t for the man he was hunting down, I would have been nothing more than a slave to that man,” Alex admitted.

“I understand,” Daybreaker said. “I wish I could say “I could give you a body to call your own” but that’d just upset you and mak…..” She stopped, realizing she may have just crossed into volcanic emotions territory.

However instead of getting the reaction she expected Alex began to laugh before he said “in all honesty, I’m happier without a live body, the fact I am dead has helped me protect everyone back home… I have no illusions on the fact I can’t go back, but at the same time why would I want to? I have something I never could have dreamed of, and even found a true friend in my worlds Luna.”

“Ah,” Daybreaker said, smiling. “Very well. However, I should warn you. Do not cross blades with your world’s Sombra.”

“Who?” Alex replied nonchalantly.

“Sombra is the King of the Crystal Empire. In your world, he’s a calculating army stronghold and should anyone cross him, they will pay the price. He’s also the one who masterminds a lot of side activities. I would hazard a guess that he was the one who organized the event that took your life, but that is mere speculation,” she said.

“Not a chance on that one… the man who saved me from the one who orchestrated my death, explained that Demigra, has already taken, enslaved and destroyed many worlds, most likely multiple of these Sombra’s are under his control, most likely unwillingly,” Alex admitted, “to you Sombra may be powerful, but in the grand scheme of things he’s just a drop of water in an ocean of nightmares.”

“I see,” Daybreaker said, then chuckled softly.

“What’s so funny?” Alex asked.

“You have yet to meet my husband,” she said. “You and he’d get along famously.”

“Why do you say that?” Alex asked.

“You and he seem to have a deep sense of justice and duty to those you care about,” Daybreaker said.

“Maybe,” Alex replied before asking Daybreaker, “may I ask you something?”

“Go right ahead,” she said.

“Do you have more riders than just yourself and Celestia, the Rider we faced mentioned that she was the newest rider, i’m just curious about the fact.”

“Yes, there are other Riders in base, but they’re out, tending to battles. Cerluean Skies and Moorland Mist, in the castle, are also Riders.”

“I see, as far as I know, I’m the only remaining rider in my reality, i’m aware there was others before me, but from I know they were all slain by their enemies a long before I arrived, I was curious what it’s like being part of a team… I guess I wanted to see what it’s like not being the only rider in a world.”

Daybreaker chuckled. “There’s no need to feel alone. In fact, this world’s Sombra doesn’t even know his daughter, the Princess of Love, and her husband, are Kamen Riders.”

“Really, that will be an awkward conversation if it ever comes to light,” Alex replied with a smile before he added “Does any of your teams need any help right now?”

“Well, yes, we’re going to need all the help we can get,” Daybreaker said. “Chrysalis is creating Masked Rider Drone Soldiers.”

“I more meant right now, I still have my own world to defend from whatever gets thrown at me.”

“Not this minute, Alex,” Daybreaker said.

“I see… if you wish I can stay for a while longer, if I go back all i’m doing is staying on the moon with Luna and Midnight.”

“Depends on what you want to do,” Daybreaker said.

“It’s not my world to decide where I’m needed.”

“It’s your mind,” Daybreaker replied, in a motherly tone. “I cannot make your mind up.”

“I know that… and you know what I meant.”

She nodded. As they returned to the castle, Daybreaker turned to Alex, who had already plopped down onto the couch in the rec room.

“Do you have a training room I can use for a bit?” Alex asked, “Zero Gravity is all well and good but it doesn’t exactly make it easy to learn to fight under normal conditions.”

“We have several training rooms,” Daybreaker said.

“What’s the most challenging thing you can set me up to work on?” Alex asked curiously, feeling up for a challenge.

“One of the training rooms has enough spaces for an “all against one” battle format,” Daybreaker said. “If that’s Challenging enough for you. If not, I can set up a scenario, where you have to take on 30 monsters and save hundreds of civilians.”

“All against one eh… wouldn’t that just be one on one right now though?”

“In a way, ye….” Daybreaker began.

However, the sounds of hoofsteps filled the air. She chuckled.

“Seems like they’re all back,” She said.

To Alex’s surprise, a ton of ponies suddenly filled the Rec Room and spread out.

“Speak of the devil and he shall appear,” Alex chuckled.

As if to make a point a small portal opened beside him as a horned figure popped his head out from it and said “You called?”

“Figure of speech Lucifer,” Alex sighed in annoyance.

“Oh my mistake,” the figure asked as the hole close almost like nothing had happened.

The ponies there just ignored that, until Daybreaker brought the proposal forward. A White, with two tone blue mane and hooves gave Alex a quick look.

“Sure he can hold his own?” He asked.

“You want to find out?” Alex asked back with a smirk.

“You take me on?” the Stallion asked. “I’m sure you’re capable, but….

Daybreaker interrupted with, “A better idea, all of us, against Alex. I’m positive he’ll...show us what he’s made of.”

“You sure it won’t embarrass your riders to much?” Alex asked with a smirk, “wouldn’t want to wound their pride.”

A light pink Alicorn spoke up next. “Our pride is what we make it out to be. And right now, our pride is telling us we need to see what you’re made of. And I can tell it isn’t rainbows and chocolate pudding, sweet stuff.”

“I guess so… can I ask your name miss?”

“Cadence, and the stallion who was talking to you is my husband, Shining Armor,” she said.

“Ah… I see, well sorry for being so rude a second ago then.”

“It’s okay,” Cadence said. “There’s no need to panic. We put up with smug little colts all the time. Anyway, up for the fight?”

“I guess so, If you all are that is.”

“We are all here,” Cadence said.

“Okay then,” Alex replied calmly, “lead the way.”

Cadence lead them all down to the training room. As the doors opened, Alex’s eyes widened as the shear size of the room. It could have easily fit a small city inside.

“Impressive,” Alex admitted with a smile.

“Thank you,” Daybreaker said. “We often train, all against one, for the eventuality that it comes to the whole team, minus one, is corrupt and the one has to save them.”

“If only you could make a physical guise of a city for us to fight in this would be very interesting and accurate.”

She smiled and pressed a button. The room began to shake and blur. In five minutes time, a mock up of Manehatten appeared before them, to scale no less. Alex’s eyes widened in awe. “This make it even more interesting, So how do we plan on doing this?”

“It’s simple, it’s going to be a mock-up of you being called out to face a large team of evil riders,” Daybreaker said. “Bring plenty of cocky, as it’s going to be flying around the room.”

“So act like that other guy called Alex I met when I arrived.”

“Yup,” Daybreaker said. “You’re better looking than him anyway.”

“Flattery will get you nowhere, anyway, why don’t we start on opposite sides of the city, make this a bit harder.”

“That was my plan, and I wasn’t flattering you,” Daybreaker said.

Alex caught the teasing look in her eye.

“Okay then, just try and beat me,” Alex replied with a smirk as he ran off.

They morphed and gathered for a plan.

“He’s going to be in the Southwestern corner of the map. If we split and do a double swing, one from each direction, we can corner him and beat him when he’s least expecting it,” Kamen Rider Tiger said.

“A recommendation,” Kamen Rider Crystal Shield said. “Keep several back in case he breaks through. If worse comes to worse, I can trap him in a shield. Kamen Rider Crystal Blade can then use that to beat him into submission. From there, we can come up with other plans on the fly.”

They nodded. Alex, meanwhile, was waiting. This seemed too easy, which put him on his guard. As he looked around, an Arrow whizzed passed him, hitting metal air conditioning unit behind him, He watched as the arrow exploded into spider webs, which wrapped around the unit, “and looks like they’ve started, I guess I better stop making them wait.”

He looked around, trying to see where the arrow came from. He couldn’t, but he suddenly felt something press against his neck.

“So which rider are you,” Alex asked calmly.

“Call me Kamen Rider Killer,” the voice said.

“Killer eh… doesn’t sound like a hero that would fit as a protector of the innocent,” Alex mocked as he quickly thrust his elbow into Killers chest before spinning around as kicking her in the side of the head.

As she took the kick, he glimpsed another rider, which caught his follow through and used it to send him flying backward and into a wall. She stood over him, her sword drawn.

“Hmmm, diced enemy salad, not too appealing,” she said. “Not even enough for a museum to display.”

“Only that that will be displayed is your Driver, being that’s all they’ll find,” Shade replied as he phased through the floor.

“Not a chance, sweetstuff,” the Rider said.

She looked around, before jumping to the side to avoid Alex’s surprise attack, but her dodge had the adverse effect as the rider flew into Alex foot as it phased through the ground connecting with her face, “You should be better than that, I haven’t even transformed yet.”

She rolled off and came back with a sucker punch, which connected with Alex’s stomach, but however just phased through as he punched the rider back sending her flying backwards into a wall.

His victory was short lived, as a giant crystal shield formed around Alex. He attempted to phase through it, only to find that didn’t work. He wheeled to see a Kamen Rider standing there, sword drawn and a light blue magic mana aura around his front left hoof.

“That should contain our little problem,” he said, however there was one flaw in her plan as a black and red flaming portal appeared in front of Alex along with one behind the same rider as he quickly grabbed her pulling her through as he jumped out knocking her unconscious inside the shield before similar hole opened below the other riders placing them inside the shield aswell, leaving the each trapped inside.

“Went as well as you hoped I see,” Alex mocked as he transformed into Kamen Rider Shade. However, he had reckoned without the rest of the team, who were now showing up out of thin air,

“Took you long enough,” Shade mocked as the shield with the riders inside fell into a portal that closed behind it trapping the riders inside out of the others reach. “Oh… where did they go?”

Shade could only smile before he said “Can she travel through Dimensions?”

“Yes, they can,” Kamen Rider Ghost said. “The Shield Themed Rider’s done it for years.”

“Well… she’ll struggle without this,” Shade replied holding up the aforementioned riders Driver to the group.

That only got a roar of laughter.

“Shield Magic,” Kamen Rider Ghost said. “It’ll work. Oh and the Shield Rider’s a male. A female dummy was rigged and that device, a simple prop.”

The next reaction was priceless. Kamen Rider Shade turned the device over in his hand, before squeezing it. It burst into a mess of glue, wood and foam. “Oh well, I guess it’s time to stop messing around.”

The rest of the team arrived. They went all out. Punches, kicks and dodges were to be had. By the one hour mark, Kamen Rider Shade started to get irritated with the Magic using Kamen Riders. By the two hour mark, the physical fighting Riders were successfully landing blows on him. When they came to the end of the large training session, Kamen Rider Shade was just staring at the team, wonder crossing his mind.

“You seem to be having fun… shall I step it up a notch for you all?” Shade asked mockingly as he held up a eyecon and inserted it before a tune shouted out “Kaigan: Houdini! Maji ījan! Sugē Magician!” as a large blue parka Ghost attached to his back as he flew up into the air.

The team of Riders softly chuckled, and moved to dodge his new incoming attack, but it never came as he just hovered in the air silently before suddenly a myriad of chains poured from his body grabbing and lifting every rider into the air along with restraining any pegasi’s wings as it brought them all into a line below him.

“Impressive,” Kamen Rider Recluse Archer said. “However, it’s severely underwhelming for such a talented Rider.”

It was then Shade pulled the handle on his Driver before the words “Houdini! Omega Drive!” was heard as he suddenly fell at terminal velocity into the trapped riders tearing through them all as explosions happened one after the other knocking the riders out of their transformations in the process a large majority unconscious on the ground, others with fractures and other injuries.

“Impressive, yet you forgot one little thing,” a voice said.

He turned to see a red moon and sixteen mysterious figures standing there.

“And that is?” Shade asked as the Houdini Parka Ghost reattached to his back as he hovered back into the air.

“Your fears,” the lead figure said.

“Friends of your Daybreaker,” Shade replied calmly.

“Maybe,” Daybreaker replied. “If the red moon is anything to go by, you might be screwed.”

“And you’re not?” Shade asked as she suddenly flew towards the riders at full speed knocking a few flying sideways as he passed.

They instead used their momentum to return the favor, knocking Shade through three walls. The other Riders appeared. To Shade’s surprise, they were all themed around horror elements. Regaining his footing, he eyed up the horror team.

“And what’s your thing? Jumpscares?” Shade joked.

“Classic horror, the kind that screws with the mind,” one said. “Jumpscares are cheap and fast ways to get a scare.”

Shade chuckled. Her statement on jumpscares was a universal feeling. He attempted to size the new team up, but the speeds at which they moved made them appear to be blurs to him. He took beating after beating. When they stopped, he stood there, wobbling slightly, impressed with their coordination.

“Well… pretty sure Houdini’s not gonna work on you,” Shade admitted.

They chuckled.

“Not a chance,” another said. “And considering…..”

“Considering what?” Shade asked.

“One of us has the ability to make ghosts tangible and real…..”

That got Shade, “You wouldn’t be willing to say who?”

“Not yet, unless you really want to know,” another said in a teasing tone.

“Sure… of course I want to know,” Shade replied smirking under his mask.

“Look for the Gypsy Orb,” the leader said, in a teasing manner.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Shade replied as a faint glow was scene inside his jacket as he reached inside pulling out the strange object that the Shadow Rider had left behind, it was at this point he saw that it had a strange image with the words ‘Kamen Rider Chronicle’ written above it. “What the hell is this thing?”

“Ah, Kamen Rider Chronicle,” said the leader.

“What the hell is a Kamen Rider Chronicle?” Alex asked as he traced a circular shape over the object, as a new Parka Ghost appeared this one almost completely green with black designs inside, it was the Parka Ghost help one of it’s arms up in the air above him before it flew into Shade’s Driver forming a new Eyecon.

“It’s a Kamen Rider, who has the powers of every single Rider,” The leader said.

“Well then, looks like it’s time to test that out,” Shade replied as he clicked in the side of the new Eyecon he received as the words “Eye! Kaigan! Chronos!” It was at this point twelve clock chimes was heard as on the last one the words “Time in the palm of your hands!” was heard as the Chrona’s Parka Ghost attached to Shade’s back as a cartoonish face appeared as the mask covering his face whilst on his right arm was two large buttons with the letters A in Red and B in blue on a bright blue band.

“Interesting, very interesting,” one of the mystery Riders said.

Shade then held his arm out as his sword appeared in his hand before he simply gestured for them to attack him, remaining mute.

They stood and watched his action, not even bothering to fall for the obvious bait.

“Nice move, Captain Obvious,” one teased. “Where’d you learn that? Kamen Rider Kindergarten?”

Shade remained quiet, unmoving as he just continued his simple gesture to attack him, but as nothing had happened he then said calmly “must be the same place you got out of recently then.”

They just chuckled softly. He just stared at them before he felt something crash down on the back of his head and sent him tumbling to the ground, but not before he struck both buttons on the band on his arm as each figure went still.

Shade then looked up to see that their was some falling debris above him that he stepped out the way of as he walked up to each of the riders ahead of him slicing them each twenty times with his sword as he walked behind them as time resumed as they were all sent flying knocked out of their transformations with all but one unconscious.

The one left was Kamen Rider Crystal Orb, who just chuckled.

“You finally found the one who makes all ghosts tangible,” she said.

“Well it did you so much good that ability,” Shade replied as he suddenly lifted her up off the ground before he asked her “So… who’s left of your little team for me to defeat?”

“Depends on what you mean by “little team” Glass Shades,” she replied. “But I think you’re more curious as to what I am under this armor.”

“Well let’s find out,” Shade replied before he threw Crystal Orb into the air before time froze again as he let out a flurry of attacks that struck her before he punched her downwards into the ground before time resumed and the plummeted into the ground as he transformation shattered as he saw a black bug looking pony with holes in her legs.

“Ah, I see you now see our resident ghost hunting Changeling,” Daybreaker said with a giggle.

“Is she an ally?” Shade asked.

“Ally? That’s my daughter,” Daybreaker replied.

“...welp… I’m screwed for the last attack ain’t I,” Shade said with annoyance.

Daybreaker stood up and instead, chuckled.

“You’re not. In fact, when we’ve all gone against her, she’s handed us our own cutie marks on a platter,” Daybreaker replied. “She’s trained in the Royal Guard, Royal Air Artillery and just about any and every naval military force you can imagine. Your lucky. She didn’t know you, so she doesn’t have a memory file on you at all.”

“To be fair, even if she did, she wouldn’t have been able to pre-empt me forming a Chronos Eyecon when I did,” Shade admitted before adding “Anyone else still remaining?”

“Only one, Kamen Rider Red Moon,” the Changeling said. “Though, you’ll have a hell of a time getting him.”

“And why is that?”

“He’s not one to show himself unless one of us is in grave peril,” the Changeling said.

“Well I am supposed to play the part of the villain here so,” Shade replied before suddenly grabbing ahold of the changeling in front of him as he said “Sorry for this in advance,” before suddenly breaking each of her legs one by one.

Just then, something smashed into Shade, sending him flying. Daybreaker hurried over to heal her daughter’s legs while the Rider glared at Shade, drawing a lance out.

“Want to dance, little pest?” he asked Shade.

“It’s a shame I had to do that to draw you out,” Shade replied as he held his sword tightly awaiting the riders next move.

“Cheap tactic,” Kamen Rider Red Moon grunted. “Only a coward uses that tactic.”

“As cheap as this,” Shade replied before time froze yet again as he began to repeat the process of attacked the rider miraculously multiple times, this time for fifty strikes in all spread along his body before punching forwards twenty time and restarting time as the last punch connected sending the rider flying backwards.

As the dust settled, Shade saw a large male Changeling, with a more streamlined physique. Two blood red eyes pierced through the Helmet and into Alex’s gaze. The room then returned to normal and Shade demorphed back into Alex. He turned to Daybreaker’s daughter, who seemed to be trying to avert her gaze, a blush dusting her face.

“I think she maybe in love,” Daybreaker said. “With….you.”

“...Who me?” Alex asked

“Yes, Alex, you,” Daybreaker’s daughter said.

“I need to ask why? Why fall in love with me of all people?”

“I can’t explain it,” she said.

“It’s one of the many forms of true love,” Cadence said. “And before you say “How do I know”, I am the princess of Love. And no, I did not interfere.”

Alex could only sigh at this before he knelt down to Daybreaker daughter before he asked her, “May I have you name, miss?”

“Lunar Rainbow,” she said.

There was an awkward silence before Lunar Rainbow looked up at Alex. “Alex...would you mind coming with me, to a private room?” she asked.

“Only if your mother allows it,” Alex replied.

“It’s fine,” Daybreaker said. “She’s old enough to do what she wants.”

“Thank you mom,” Lunar said. “Come on Alex.”

“I have a feeling I’m going to regret this,” Alex said as he followed Lunar.


She chuckled and the two arrived at the private room. It was a small theatre like room. It had two rows of theatre seats, a bunk bed, a small concession stand in one corner and a couple arcade cabinets. Alex looked around as Lunar Rainbow smiled up at him.

“Take your time, Alex. We have all night to talk,” she said. “And to be honest….you’re the first person I met who hasn’t wanted to screw me over for being a changeling.”

Alex blinked, then turned to notice her smile fading into a depressed, almost hopeless half smile. He walked over to her and knelt down before he asked “Do you want to talk about it?”

She nodded.

“It may help or it may piss you off,” she warned. “Back when I was in high school, I had a coltfriend. A jock by the name Meter Dash, who was super popular. He began dating me and making me feel special, like I was someone he cared about. However, he started treating me out to dinner, but forcing me to pay for it, borrowing money without repaying it, talking about me behind my back, cheating on me, borrowing my school supplies then forcing me to buy them back off him….Eventually, he dumped me because “I wasn’t his favorite anymore, I was just a stepping stone to build his career”. College was worse. I had tons of colts after me, but all for my money or my ties to the princesses, or even my step aunt relationship with Rainbow Dash just so they could get into the Wonderbolts.”

“Why does that not surprise me,” Alex groaned in annoyance at her admittance, “keep going let everything out, I’ll just sit and listen.”

She continued on. “During the times I dated the colts, they started abusing me. Things like beating me up or even outright mugging me on campus. The Campus staff and security did nothing to them. They even arrested me for defending myself for crying out loud!”

That was a new low. She then said something that made Alex boil over in pure anger.

“These colts even went as far as to attempt to drive me to suicide eight times,” she said.

As soon as she finished Alex grabbed hold of her and just held her close to his chest, not saying anything, just holding her there, letting her continue if she needed to.

She said nothing, but cried softly as Alex just let her stay where she was.

After she cried herself to sleep, Alex moved her to the bed after she admitted she didn’t tell her mother and he went and found Daybreaker in the rec room, sitting by the coffee machine.

“Alex, how are….are you alright? Did something crawl under your skin?” she asked.

“No… no it didn’t,” Alex lied.

Daybreaker shut the door and moved a chair.

“Alex, please, tell me the truth. You don’t come in here to see me with a look that says “I’m going to find and end several scumbags” and tell me everything’s fine,” Daybreaker said.

“That obvious is it,” Alex sighed.

“So, what has happened to put you in that frame of mind?’ she asked, her motherly side showing.

“Don’t take this the wrong way… but how well do you know your daughter?”

“I know her as well as I can, but she’s keeps secrets. Everyone has secrets that they’re keeping, some more harmful than others....” Daybreaker said.

“...Well let me put it this way, if I was going after scumbags… I’d be here for a hell of a long time trying to trace back your daughter’s past.”

“Can you tell me what she told you?” Daybreaker asked. “I want to….I need to care for her.”

Alex just sighed as he placed his hands together before he said “What do you remember about her school life?”

“She was bullied,” Daybreaker said. “Anytime she was severely flustered, she just said “The day went from bad to worse” and that was it. Any time I tried to pry, she just shut and locked the door to her room.”

“You really should have tried to persist all that time ago… if she hadn’t been….” Alex then stopped talking suddenly.

“Something wrong?” Daybreaker asked.

“What I am about to say, can never leave this room, got it,” Alex said his calm demeanor now replaced with a serious tone.

“I understand that,” Daybreaker said.

“She told me she tried to commit suicide multiple times because of how bad the bullying got, chances are those times she locked her doors… she may have been preparing to do it.”

Daybreaker nodded, softly.

“Alex, Thank you for bringing that to my attention,” she said. “I’m starting to believe that you are the best choice my daughter has made for a boyfriend.”

“Yeah, a boyfriend from another reality, really will make for an amazing relationship,” Alex sighed.

“Don’t you worry,” Daybreaker said. “There’s a Lunar Rainbow in your reality going through the same things as my daughter. With the care and love you showed here, I have every faith you’ll be as good a boyfriend to that Lunar Rainbow as you were to my daughter.”

“...Daybreaker… I will only repeat this one more time, she can never find out I told you that.”

“She won’t,” Daybreaker promised. “You can take my word of honor on that.”

“Okay… with your permission, I would like to stay here till tomorrow night, I have a feeling something’s off here, something you and your teams are currently underprepared to handle.”

“Permission granted,” Daybreaker said.

“Thank you,” Alex replied before a copy of his token fell into his hand as he added as he passed it to Daybreaker, “this is something linked to me, it’s what people like me call a Token, it’s how Luna brought me here to begin with, I think it would be best if you have a copy, as well as your daughter.”

“Sounds good,” Daybreaker said. “Question, do you have a preference on where you want to sleep tonight?”

“...I don’t sleep… ever.”

“It’s a formal question, but I should rephrase it-do you have a room that you want to be your office?” she asked.

“Why would I need an office?”

“Once again, a formal question. I should ask, would you like a room to stay in?” she asked.

“Right sorry… with your permission I will stay close to your daughter for today, make sure she feels better tomorrow.”

“Permission granted,” Daybreaker said. “And thank you for helping her. I owe you so much for that.”

“It was my pleasure, I was just glad to help,” Alex admitted as he left the room as he said, “I will see you in the morning.”

She bid him farewell and he returned to the theatre, where he found Lunar Rainbow sleeping soundly. He gently placed himself on the edge of the bed. Getting a more calmed look at her, he noticed a magenta midsection, mane and tail. Her soft snores put a soft smile on his face. She cracked an eye. It was the same magenta color as her midsection, but in a softer shade.

“Ever seen a Changeling up close?” she asked him.

“Never seen a Changeling period before today,” Alex admitted as he lay down next to her.

“Ah,” she said. “What would you like to know?”

“All I need to know is that the Changling next to me is safe and happy.”

“I am, thanks to you,” she said before a rumbling took their attention away. “Sorry, haven’t eaten yet.”

“What would you like?” Alex asked calmly, “I’ll try and get it for you.”

“Love,” she said.

Alex could only smile at this as he leaned in and kissed Lunar on the Lips holding it for a few seconds before releasing her as he said “does that suffice for your needs?”

“Yes. Changelings feed on love. Some, like Chrysalis’s hive, by force. Others do it through loving relationships, but those kinds of Changelings are looked down upon,” Lunar said.

“Well I know one who will never be looked down on by me,” Alex admitted as he wrapped his hands around Lunar holding her close.

She wrapped her hooves around him and nestled in close, cooing softly. The mane gently wrapped around Alex’s neck. It felt so nice and soft, like a warm, freshly dried blanket.

“Is there anything else you need tonight?”

“Not tonight,” she said, yawning.

“Well then get some rest, I’ll be by your side all night incase you need me,” Alex admitted as he kissed her one last time.”

She nodded and fell asleep. As Alex sat there, he heard a voice. “Who are you?” The voice was a cold, calculating male voice.

“Why does it matter to you?”

Just then, a figure stepped from the shadows. A dark stone gray unicorn with a ruby tipped horn, jet black mane and tail. On his flank was a ruby Cutie mark. He wore royal armor and looked at Alex with a cold, unwavering glare that would have froze the blood of a crocodile.

“I want to know who you are,” the pony said. “As you are with my daughter.”

“My name is Alex Shade, and I am simply a close friend to her.”

“I see,” the pony said.

“Why? Is there a problem?”

“I have never seen any one in here with her, or even seen her with a close friend,” the pony said.

“She said I was the first person she invited inside.”

The pony nodded. “I see.”

“Look, I’ll be blunt, do you have a problem with me?”

“I’m protective of my daughter,” the pony said. “I have not seen you, so I wasn’t sure if you were going to hurt her.”

“Not surprising you haven’t seen me, I’m relatively new to these parts.”

“I see. I should introduce myself. I am King Sombra of the Crystal Empire,” he said. “I rule with my wife Daybreaker, daughters Cadence and Lunar Rainbow as well as Cadence’s husband Shining Armor.”

“I see, if you wish to talk more it may be best we go outside as to not wake her,” Alex admitted.

They adjourned to Sombra’s office, and once the King shut the door, he sat in the chair beside the one Alex took up.

“May I ask, do you love my daughter?” he asked.

“Honestly, it’s too early to tell you that, but I can promise you one thing. I have no intention of harming her if I can do so.”

“I see. I thank you for being forthwith. So many choose to wind around the road of truth, making sure they can weasel out of punishment,” Sombra said.

“I fail to see the point in deceiving you of my intentions,” Alex replied calmly, “by doing so I would gain nothing… not that I have much to gain anyway.”

“I wouldn’t say that,” Sombra said. “You do stand to gain a stake much bigger than you think.”

“And what would that be,” Alex asked curiously.

“Hypothetically, If you married Mine and Daybreaker’s daughter, you stand to rule an entire Empire,” Sombra said. “And that’s on the small side of what you could gain. Then again….I’m sure the Rainbow Line would like to have a specialized manager.”

“The Rainbow Line? Why does that sound familiar?” Alex muttered to himself, as he swore he remembered that from something before his Displacement but couldn’t place it.

Yami no 0-gō! #0 of Darkness!” Sombra called out before he was enveloped in light.

When the light died down, in Sombra’s place was a black suited figure, with a Rail band joining, a circle with a #0 in the center.

“Wait… you’re some strange type of Power Ranger,” Alex replied in confusion.

“Yami No 0gou, Member of the Ressha Sentai ToQger,” came the reply.

“Ressha Sentai ToQger? What the heck are they?” Alex asked in confusion.

“Sentai are what Power Rangers are based on,” Yami No 0gou replied. “Ressha Sentai ToQger are a Railway themed Power Ranger Team that use Imagination to defeat the enemies.”

“Wait… how the hell do you even know know of those variations!” Alex shouted out.

“Simple, Nightmare told me about when she was researching these Power Rangers, she traced them back to Japan and their original counterparts. From there, she found all the variations,” Yami No 0gou said.

“I’m assuming you are aware of what I am aswell then,” Alex replied as he pinched the bridge of his nose, “I swear this secret is near impossible to hide here.”

“Yes, Kamen Rider Shade,” Yami No 0gou said. “And the citizens don’t know that we’re all normal ponies under these powers and costumes. You can yell at Nightmare and Daybreaker later, or join should you need more excitement,” Yami No 0gou said

“You must be aware of my full circumstances as to why I couldn’t join either of the team’s,” Alex replied as he looked at the Chronos Eyecon he had created along with the Gashat.

“I am aware,” Yami No 0gou said.

“If you are aware why even suggest it?”

“I suggest it as a form of Alliance, or even, as a form of respect, as one Superhero to another,” Yami No 0gou said.

“I’m pretty sure your wife beat you to the punch on that front,” Alex chuckled.

“That’s to be expected,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Sombra… What are you hiding, you obviously had a larger reason for contacting me that you’re letting on. What do you really after?”

Yami No 0gou chuckled.

“It’s simple,” he told Alex. “Your talent can be useful in two dimensions. You’re far too talented to be stuck in one dimension or universe.”

“What makes you so sure I am?” Alex asked a hand resting against Scutum’s band on his arm.

“It is something I can see in others when they don’t see it in themselves,” Yami No 0gou replied. “In fact, Nightmare made use of that when creating the Ressha Sentai ToQger team to aide her younger sister in battle. To use basic terms, you are another recruit I am working on molding into a great hero.”

“Well I’m afraid I have to currently decine you offer, I’ll forge my own path, be that through the pits of hell or the skies of heaven.” Alex replied calmly.

“I am only here to teach you,” Yami No 0gou said. “I also stand as someone to act as a guide when you need it the most. Anyway, to change the topic, Have you ever seen or met a Wonderbolt?”

“Nope, I’ve was sent to the moon with Luna only a few months ago, I have no idea who these ‘Wonderbolts’ even are.”

“Ah,” Sombra said, demorphing. “The Wonderbolts are a Air Force and Stunt Flying Team. One of their members is Rainbow Dash, a Pegasus Mare, who is ToQ1gou of the Rainbow.”

“Not gonna point out what people would assume from that name,” Alex sighed.

Sombra chuckled. “Sometimes, the obvious can be the most subtle.”

Alex just sat quietly for a second before he asked “Sombra, what is it exactly you’re all fighting?”

“Not a what, a who….Chrysalis, Changeling Queen,” he said. “She’s trying to take over the world.”

Alex’s thought then went back to Lunar before he asked “That’s something else I thought about, Lunar can’t possibly biologically be your’s and your wife’s daughter, you’re both ponies, she’s a Changeling.”

Sombra chuckled softly, “She biologically is our daughter. We asked the doctors what had happened. At first, they thought they may have used some Changeling supplies to have it end up that way, but….alas that wasn’t the case, she was a natural birth to ponies. All other Changelings look down on her because of it. Even Chrysalis has tried to kill her….and that lead to me nearly killing Chrysalis.”

“Bet you’re wishing you had nowadays,” Alex sighed.

“In some regards, yes,” Sombra said.

“I see,” Alex replied, “When the time comes to take her out, make sure to bring me along for the ride.”

“Trust me, you’re welcome to co…..” Sombra began, but the sounds of an explosion rocking the castle.

“What the hell is going on!” Alex shouted in surprise as he bolted onto his feet, instantly on guard.

The two ran out, and to the main foyer, where they saw a figure standing there.

“Ultimate Rider Omega,” Sombra growled.

“Who?” Alex asked in confusion.

“That’s Chrysalis’s Rider Form,” Sombra said. “She’ll easily wipe the floor with you alone.”

“Good job i’m not alone then,” Alex replied with a smile, “but the rest of your teammates wouldn’t happen to be around?”

Sombra sent out a call over the comlink he had. In no time, the Riders and Sombra’s Sentai Team appeared.

“How cute,” Ultimate Rider Omega sneered. “Think you can beat me?”

“Let find out,” Alex replied before he nodded to Sombra holding out the Chronos Eyecon as the group morphed and stood ready to fight Ultimate Rider Omega.

“You’re all worthless,” she snarled.

“You’d be a prime candidate for that statement,” Shade replied as formed his sword in his right hand.

She chuckled and charged Shade, ready to pummel him into the floor, Shade however just froze time before pulling the handle on his Driver before a demonic voice shouted out “Omega Crews-aid!” as a clock like image appeared below him and his feet was surround in a green glow as he span his leg backwards as the clock handle below him moved below his feet, only stopping as his foot struck Ultimate Rider Omega.

He then stepped behind her before time began to move again as she spun, trying to take him down only for him to pause again as he struck her multiple times along every inch of her body. Or he would have, had she not been wise to his stunt from the first time and had prepared a counter move, which allowed her to stay outside the Time Freeze, which caught Kamen Rider Shade by surprise as he was sent flying into a wall behind the others as time restarted.

“I’m well versed in every dirty tactic in the book,” she said, walking up to him.

“Go fuck yourself,” Shade groaned as he attempted to stand.

She chuckled sweetly, yet darkly, as she prepared to end him. A blade forced itself through her body and heart, stopping her cold. Shade looked up to see Yami No 0gou standing there.

“You don’t cross him and live,” he said as she collapsed and demorphed. Kamen Rider Shade saw that it was a Changeling with long green mane and tail, A taller, more slender body build and green midsection. Her malicious green eyes flickered up at Shade before closing.

“You alright?” Yami No 0gou asked Shade as he helped his ally up.

“I think so?” Shade replied shakily before his transformation suddenly fell apart as he suddenly fell to the ground.

The others demorphed and Lunar Rainbow carried him to the medical ward, where Doctors checked him over and after allowing him a few hours to sleep and heal, he came up from the lower level in time for dinner. Alex looked over at a cobalt blue Alicorn with a cream orange mane color and a unique set of eye colors-a faded orange left iris and a faded black right iris.

“Welcome back from the medical ward,” he said.

“Why would you care?” Alex replied almost darkly almost like something had changed with him.

“It’s simple, you helped us, we help you,” the Cobalt Alicorn replied. “You almost seem like your ungrateful. What’s up with you anyway?”

“Oh it’s nothing,” Alex replied through gritted teeth.

“Alex, it’s not nothing,” Daybreaker said.

“Just leave it be, it’s nothing,” Alex replied as a flash of green went through his eyes.

“It seems……you’ve been infected by something,” Nightmare said.

“Oh have I now,” Alex replied, “And pray tell what is it, I’d just love to know, if you don’t, get off my case!”

“You’re carrying the soul of a recently killed enemy,” Daybreaker pointed out.

Alex ran and looked in a mirror. He saw a figure he hoped he’d never see staring back at him. Chrysalis smiled at him.

“Thank you, my little host,” she said.

“Oh fuck this shit,” Alex replied as his body ignited into flames as the figure in the mirror was suddenly surrounded by chains.

She merely smirked. “Right where I want you.”

Alex blinked before things went black. A good 45 minutes later, he came to, to see his body changed and he heard Chrysalis’s voice.

“Hmm, not a perfect fit, but it’ll do,” she said. “Thank you Alex, and take care in the mirror.”

She walked out, cackling under her breath.

“You son of a bitch, get back here!” Alex shouted as he fought against the chains.

“Sorry, no can do,” she said. “I have a world to conquer.”

“Not in my body you’re not,” Alex shouted as the chains around him shattered

She was gone. Alex looked around, before he saw Shining Armor coming in.

“Alex?” he asked. “What the hell are you doing there?”

“Oh I don’t know, just being trapped in this mirror while Chrysalis is controlling my body, and running away with it.”

Shining thought for a minute, before looking at Alex.

“I have a stupid question, but it’s the only way to get you out right now….What pony body would you like?” he asked.

“Please say you’re kidding me,”

“Alex, trust me on this, I’m serious. Sombra can transfer you into your main body when we get it back from Chrysalis. I need to know so you can out of that prison,” Shining Armor said. “Plus, she won’t see this coming.”

“Okay… just, make sure I’m a guy,” Alex sighed in annoyance.

“It’ll be male when you enter. It’ll be just a dummy brought in,” Shining explained. “The question is-which design of pony-Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth Pony or Alicorn, do you prefer?”

“I guess a Alicorn, maybe that way i’ll be able to beat some sense into that bitch,” Alex replied still angry.

Shining disappeared off and returned with a ponyquin in the shape of an Alicorn. Alex transferred over. The process lasted all of 10 minutes. When Alex looked in the mirror, he had a midnight black coat, red and black mane, and a red eye for his cutie mark. To make things better, his “manliness” was still there, in spades. The mane was pulled back into a ponytail. His wings and Horn matched, length for length, Nightmare Moon. His Eyecon was resting on his front hooves.

“I trust this will satisfy for the time being,” Shining Armor said.

“It will do,” Alex replied, still feeling strange in his new body as he fell on his face.

Shining Armor helped Alex get used to the body. The two found the walking portion easy enough to master. As for the magic portion, Shining brought out a military grade weight.

“Can you try to lift that?” Shining asked?

“Let’s see,” Alex replied as his horn ignited in a faint silver glow but was unable to manage to lift the weight.

“This is brilliant,” Shining said. “Now, for the flying portion, you’ll need to be taught by a fellow Alicorn or a pegasus. Any preference in teacher?”

“Why are we bothering trying to teach me this, one I get my body back this whole training session will be null and void right?”

“Yes, but for the time being, it’s going to be a necessity,” Shining replied.

“Okay… who would you recommend?”

“I’d recommend my wife,” Shining smiled. “Best flyer, considering she was a pegasus before becoming an Alicorn.”

“Okay, but I need to ask do we know what Chrysalis is doing with my body?”

“We do,” Shining Armor said. “She’s making it more and more like her old body. We have three months to defeat her properly before you’re stuck as an Alicorn forever.”

“I’m not even giving her a day,” Alex replied as he looked to Shining Armor.

“Ah. There must be something here I don’t know,” the Love Prince replied.

“Oh there is, but i’ll need some help to deal with this permanently.”

“Name it,” Shining Armor said. “Anything to end her permanently.”

Correct me if i’m wrong on this, but if she no longer had a body, she’d just be a ghost right?”

“That’d be correct,” Shining said. “Sombra taught me that one.”

“Well then with Lunar help we could take her down,” Alex said with a smirk.

“Ah, I see,” Shining Armor said.

Alex then trotted off to Lunar Rainbow’s room, where he found her reading a Power Ponies comic.

“Hello, Sergeant Air Fragment,” Lunar said. “Here to tell me you caught me breaking a window and threaten to tell mom and dad if I don’t repair it?”

“...Okay, what the hell Shining, why the hell give me temporary body like this,” Alex groaned.


“Oh, Alex, I didn’t recognize you for a minute. Sorry,” she said.

“Don’t worry about it… I wouldn’t expect you do have anyway with my current situation.”

“I see….wait, what situation?” She asked.

“Lets just say, a certain Changling stole my body, as in currently masquerading around in it, try to make it look like her old one.”

“Oh. Chrysalis at it again?” Lunar asked. “I swear, that’s the fifteenth body she’s stolen.”

“Really fifteen,” Alex admitted before adding, “but this time she’s had a oversight on what she’s in.”

“Yeah,” Lunar Rainbow said. “And we’ll get your body back. If...and it’s a longshot if….if that fails….you do look quite a bit more regal and powerful in your new body. But….that bridge will be crossed when situations push us that far.”

“Oh I plan to get it back today, with your help if you’re willing,” Alex admitted.

“I’m up for anything, just tell me what you want done,” Lunar Rainbow said.

“After I get her out my body I need you to make her ghost tangible so we can take her down.”

“Sounds like a plan,” she said. “I’ve been meaning to take a crack at her myself, after she caused harm to innocent souls.”

Alex nodded. At that minute, Shining Armor came in.

“I’ve got her location!” he blurted, catching them unaware.

“Okay, Shining, how many riders are willing to help?”

“I’ve got the team together,” Shining said. “And they’re raring to go.”

“Who we got?”

Shining Armor rattled off the list of Riders. Lunar Rainbow pulled out a list and gave it to Alex, who scanned the list. He saw “Kamen Rider Ghost” on the list and looked up.

“Got an idea?” Lunar asked him.

“Oh I have, if Ghost is willing that is,” Alex replied with a smile.

Shining Armor left and brought down Silver Script (Kamen Rider Ghost). He eyed up the Alicorn.

“You wanted me?’ he asked the Alicorn.

“Yes, we need you to help us take down Chrysalis hopefully for good this time,” Alex replied

“Count me in, in triplicate,” Silver Script said.

“Good, then you’ll need these,” Alex said as he held out to him three of his Eyecons these Musashi, Billy the Kid and Houdini Eyecons as he said “I’m loaning these to you to help take her down.”

Silver Script nodded.

“Thanks for these,” he said. “They’ll come in handy.”

“It’s only temporary understand,” Alex repeated.

“I understand,” Silver Script said.

Lunar looked up. “Shall we kick ass and take back a body?”

“Doesn’t matter if you get his ‘body’ back if she just takes it again,” A strange voice said from seemingly nowhere.

“Who’s there?!” Lunar Rainbow demanded

No voice returned as a small clear Eyecon appeared in Alex’s hand, he remembered these ones, and despised them. “Use this to deal with her.”

“A new Eyecon? And what is this one?” Shining Armor asked, as he picked it up.

“This thing is not safe Eyecon.”

“Ah,” Shining Armor said. “We won’t use that then.”

“It’s pretty much a prison cell, made to break a ghost’s mind down completely to whatever the person who used it wants… this thing is physically wrong to even have had in my hand. It makes me feel sick.”

Shining Armor gave it a disapproving look. “Shall I dispose of it?”

“...No… as much as I hate to admit it, we’re going to use it to trap and defeat Chrysalis, she has no right to do what she has to anyone else.” Alex replied.

“Okay,” replied Shining Armor softly. “We’ll make it a one time deal. Once this is complete, we shall never speak of this again.”

“Agreed, if it works, i’ll take this away with me, and ensure she never gets free again.”

“That’s not a bad idea,” Shining Armor admitted.

“If that is what I think it is,” Lunar said, examining it. “Alex, you might end up cloning yourself as a byproduct.”

“It won’t, I know what this accursed this does to it’s target.”

Lunar nodded, but the thought was in the back of her mind. The team suited up and moved out. Following Kamen Rider Crystal Shield, they found Chrysalis in a rundown warehouse, trying to summon a monster.

“Shall we?” Kamen Rider Crystal Orb asked.

Alex just nodded as he went invisible, sneaking inside ahead of the others. He looked around at the decrepit building before spotting Chrysalis in his body, opening a portal. A giant moth monster came out of the portal.

“Distract them,” she said. “I’m going to open a sealing pool, so I can seal myself in this body.”

The monster nodded. Alex watched as she opened the pool as he slowly got closer, praying his plan would come off.

“Now, to finally have a new body, so I can rule the world!” she cackled loudly before she suddenly felt her legs weaken as she fell onto her knees.

“What’s going on?!” she shrieked in anger. “This shouldn’t be failing me!”

It was at this moment Alex’s body was sucked back into his Eyecon as he smirked.

“What is the meaning of this?!” Chrysalis’s Ghost shrieked in pure rage.

Alex didn’t reply until he reached the door morphed as Shade before he became visible and said, “You will learn why you don’t fuck with me,” before he ran outside to both assist the others in eliminating the monster, and bringing Chrysalis outside to the group.

“Our turn,” Kamen Rider Ghost said.

He watched them thoroughly thrash her. When they finished, Kamen Rider Shade looked at her as he placed a foot against her neck, “So, is this how you thought today would go?”.

She nodded. “I had it all laid out,” she gasped.

“Why don’t you tell them what it was,” Shade requested with a smirk finding enjoyment in watching her suffering as he put a bit more force on her neck.

Chrysalis managed to tell them her entire plan, eventually before Shade said “Anything you’d like to say to them?”

“Rot in Tartarus!” she gasped out.

Shade then looked at her before he said with a smirk, “You know maybe I’ll have you do just that.”

She growled. The others were ready.

“Your orders?” Kamen Rider Crystal Blade asked.

“Stand her up, I have a change of plans for her,” Shade admitted as he kicked her in the side towards the group.

Using Yami No 0gou and Kamen Rider Ghost as props, they stood Chrysalis up.

“Taking mercy?” she asked.

“Trust me, you’ll question the fact if this is merciful in a second,” Shade replied before adding “Once the attack starts get away from her, you don’t want to get caught in this.”

The two bracing her, as well as the others nodded.

“Ready when you are,” Kamen Rider Ghost said.

Shade then pulled the handle on his Driver as a demonic voice shouted out “ Omega Capture!” before black and red flames ignited around Alex’s arms and legs as the others got clear of the attack before the flames surrounded Chrysalis engulfing her along with obscuring everyone’s view of her, the only sound being heard was her screaming in pure terror.

“Sure knows how to put on a show,” ToQ1gou whispered to Kamen Rider Recluse Archer.

She nodded, then turned back to the firework show before them. They then heard her do something she had refused to do many times before, plea for mercy.

“STOP THIS! I’LL CHANGE! I SWEAR!” she yelled out, hoping it would stop the attack.

“Oh you’ll change alright… just not how you think,” Alex replied as she began to scream even louder.

After a while of it going on, the flames around her suddenly dissipated revealing Chrysalis’s body covered in pulsating red and black chains that were wrapped around her entire body which lay almost limply even though they could see her chest moving slightly, tears running down her face.

“Alright,” Kamen Rider Crystal Shield said. “Even you have to admit, that was a bit too far.”

“Trust me on this was more merciful than her going in that Eyecon.”

As he said that, something drew their attention. Chrysalis was changing. Kamen Rider Crystal Shield knelt down as a familiar, and welcome face became visible.

“Well, I do believe we found our missing Hayseed Swamps Hive Queen,” he said, looking up at Alex, who was now confused.

“What do you mean?” Alex asked as he demorphed.

“15 years ago, a teenage Changeling Queen by the name Sink Pit disappeared and her mother, Marsh Grass ended up taking her life,” Kamen Rider Crystal Shield said. “The circumstances for her disappearance were not known, but now…we know.”

Alex knelt down. All the burn marks and chains were gone, but he noticed tons of bruises and cuts that had to have been made when she was kidnapped. Rolling her onto her back, he had to hold down the urge to look away. Beating marks were everywhere.

“Sick, isn’t it?” Kamen Rider Crystal Shield asked, softly.

“What the hell happened to her,” Alex asked.

“Beaten and tortured by Chrysalis into being a vessel, so if Chrysalis failed, she could come back and exact revenge,” Kamen Rider Crystal Shield said.

“So what you think Chrysalis is coming back sooner rather than later, and what about this one?”

“First point’s first; your fire attack had the inadvertent effect of permanently ridding us of Chrysalis, so she won’t return. On point #2, as much as you’re probably not going to like this, we’re going to bring her back with us. I’d rather not leave her here, alone and in this weakened state,” Shining Armor said, as he demorphed.

“I wasn’t going to suggest that… but we may have a problem with her, she’s going to wake thinking by name she is Chrysalis… and, with no memories of before.”

“Ever heard of Astral Prison?” Shining Armor asked.

“Nope.”

“An Astral Prison is a sort of plane, where a ghost goes when it inhabits a body. When the ghost takes over, the host is moved to the Astral Prison, memories and all, and will have no recollection of what happened when the invading ghost took his or her body to do deeds,” Shining Armor explained, as simply as he could. “In short, she’ll have her memories, but will not be aware of what happened while Chrysalis was in her body.”

“That’s not the problem,” Alex replied, “The attack I used it….”

Shining Armor gave him a pat on the shoulder. “Don’t worry,” he said. “We can fix it, together.”

Sink Pit looked up at them through bleary eyes before Alex saw her and asked “are you okay?”

At first he got no reply until Alex heard her say the words he was dreading “Standing by, please input new directive.”

“Crap,” Alex said in annoyance.

“What’s happened to her?” Sombra asked, demorphing. “Why does she sound like a computer?”

“Because the attack I used is literally like restoring one to factory settings, she has nothing in there. The attack is like a scar on the mind, body and soul, it removed everything from the target.”

“Can it be reversed?” Sombra asked.

“In a way… but I can’t set her back to what she was, it’s basically rewired her entire brain, and I have no way to tell what parts of her mind were like before, nevermind recreate the memories from before she was turned into a vessel.”

Sombra closed his eyes and thought before looking at Alex.

“Ever dream walked?” he asked.

“No… I haven’t why?”

“It’s the best way to fix this,” he said. “Because I believe that you didn’t erase her memories or any of her personality, just locked it away behind strong chains and doors.”

Alex then looked to Sink Pit before he said “Reinstate prior memories.”

“Prior memories not found, please input new directive,” she replied in a monotonous voice.

“Reinstate previous personality.”

“Previous Personality not found, please input new directive.”

“See, it’s a complete mind wipe… I have no idea how to undo it any of it.”

Daybreaker chuckled, having seen this before.

“Alex, I would like you to join me on a dreamwalk,” she said. “You might see what Sombra’s saying here.”

“Okay then, let’s go,” Alex replied hopefully.

The two closed their eyes and before Alex knew it, he found himself in Sink Pit’s mind. Looking around, he saw chains and giant locked doors.

“What’s behind those doors?”

“Sink Pit’s personality and memory behind the soft green chains,” Daybreaker said. “But behind the molten orange chains, I’m getting the feeling of unease….”

“What’s the difference?” Alex asked.

From beyond the Molten Orange Chained door, they heard an unwelcome voice.

“I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!”

“Chrysalis,” Daybreaker said. “When you performed your “Memory Wipe” attack, it didn’t memory wipe her as you thought, it simply locked the personalities away. Any suggestions?”

“I have one, the wipe may not have worked as intended but it may have left an imprint on her mind, it’s possible I could trigger it.”

“That sounds like a plan. Also, I have a question-when you trigger the imprint, do you want us to move “Chrysalis” over to some kind of new body?” Daybreaker asked.

“What do you have in mind?”

“I was thinking, if we moved “Chrysalis” over to a new body, you can reperform your Factory Reset attack and turn Chrysalis into your servant while leaving Sink Pit unharmed,” Daybreaker said.

“You sure you don’t want to handle Chrysalis after, make her face you’re kinds judgement for her sins?”

“Trust me on this,” Daybreaker said. “We tried that years ago, and it failed....We need something drastic now. I wouldn’t ask this if I didn’t have faith in you.”

“And thanks for putting the work servant for her in my head, makes me feel bad for the others.”

Daybreaker thought for a minute. “Alex, can a servant you create be given over to another and put under the other’s control?”

“No idea, the only other time I used that finisher was on a monster, and I didn’t have anyone else to take him.”

“We can try that,” Daybreaker said. “Because I think you haven’t fully tapped into your power.”

“We’ll see then, first we need to deal with her here though.”

Alex and Daybreaker walked up to one of the doors with Molten Orange Chains. “Now what?” Daybreaker asked.

“Why you asking me? I have idea how things work in here.”

“I ask you as I may have a plan, but I want to see what idea you have,” Daybreaker replied.

“What’s your plan first of all, I may be able to add onto it.”

“The plan, as I had it was to have a Ponyquin made up to look like Chrysalis and move her into it, before letting you turn her into a factory reset computer,” Daybreaker said.

“You’re enjoying thinking of her like that ain’t you, and what about when he get to her in here, you have a plan for that?”

“She’s in a weakened state right now,” Daybreaker said. “Generally, when in this manner, the invading ghost is in a weakened state and is, while not 100% true, easier to handle.”

“Then we sort this before she is all that powerful,” Alex replied calmly

“That’s my thought exactly. It’s like we’re one in the same,” Daybreaker chuckled softly. .

“Okay, you ready?”

“Yes,” Daybreaker said.

“Well then let’s finish this.”

The two turned to the door and Daybreaker smashed the chain. The door creaked open slightly and the two slid in and found Chrysalis sitting, a map on a table.

“Chrysalis, Surrender it’s over,” Alex said calmly.

She growled, then turned.

“You’re right, it is over,” She said. “I surrender.”

“Good, now hand behind your head on get on the ground,” Alex ordered before adding “We can create some handcuffs or something right?”

“Yes,” Daybreaker said, lighting her horn.

A set of hoofcuffs appeared and cuffed Chrysalis.

“Now Chrysalis, you will follow me until i give you an order as to do anything, fail to do so, and I will make you suffer even more than when I defeated you earlier, understand.”

She nodded.

“Good,” Alex replied as he grabbed ahold of he restrained hands before saying “let’s get out of here and get everything sorted.”

They moved out as Daybreaker turned to Alex.

“Her ponyquin is ready,” she said.

“Okay, let’s get this done,” Alex replied.

Daybreaker nodded. He and Daybreaker left and watched as a blackish green mist surrounded the ponyquin. After several hours waiting, they heard Chrysalis groan.

“Welcome back to the land of the Living,” Alex mocked already transformed into Shade. She stood up, only to collapse in a heap. “How are you feeling?”

“Does “Cold, Hungry, Miserable and in pain?” sound good?” she snarked back at him.

“Don’t worry, you won’t need to worry about that in a few minutes,” Shade replied calmly.

She just looked up at him. “What’re you gonna do? Shove cakes down my throat?”

Shade didn’t answer as he pulled the handle on his Driver again before it said “Shade! Omega Capture!” As he moved his body into position to use the finisher.

She noticed his stance, but said nothing. Right now, anything would have felt better than her current condition.

It was at this point the same chains and flames from before struck her but in her state the attack only lasted a few seconds, with her only letting out a weak whimper before she hung loosely in the chains before Alex asked her “Chrysalis, you okay?”

“Standing by, please input new directive,” she replied in the same state as Sink Pit had before.

Alex then turned to Daybreaker before he said “Want do you want from her?”

Daybreaker smiled. “A loyal ally and trusted associate,” she said.

Alex nodded before saying “Chrysalis, your new designation is to be a loyal ally and trusted associate to Daybreaker and her allies.”

“New directive, rejected,” she replied. “I refuse to hand my life over to anyone but Kamen Rider Shade.”

Daybreaker tried to think of a solution.

“Just split Alex into two,” Scootaloo said. “Problem solved.”

“And how would you do that? And where did you come from?”

“I just came back from facing off against a giant Moth/Pony monster and have Luna perform a split spell,” Scootaloo replied.

“Frankly I don’t want that,” Alex replied.

“How about this, Alex, do you have an empty Eyecon?” Daybreaker asked.

“Just the one that that voice gave me,” Alex admitted.

“A suggestion,” Daybreaker said. “Create a new version of Kamen Rider Shade. Not a clone, but something like Kamen Rider Shade-Z3 or along that line.”

“How would that work?”

“From my basic understanding,” Daybreaker said. “If we were to clone Kamen Rider Shade, it would be upgraded to be different from the original. However, it would have some of the same abilities, including your finisher and would thus allow Chrysalis to stay even when you return. I could be wrong, but where’s the fun in not trying?”

“...You realise what made the Shade Eyecon was my own soul right?” Alex admitted.

“I know that,” Daybreaker said.

Sombra stepped in.

“Alex, are you familiar with “Replacement Connection”?” Sombra asked.

“No i’m not,” Alex replied

“I came across this in studying Soul Created Morphers and Eyecons,” Sombra said. “What it does is, say we clone or make a copy of “Yami No 0gou” even though my soul made it when I died, the “Clone” would find a suitable replacement to allow it and it’s powers to stay in this universe even when I’m not here to use the powers.”

It was at this point Chrysalis spoke up and said “I refuse to follow anything but the original Shade.”

“Man, she really is picky… in fact i’m surprised she can even make a decision herself this second.”

At that moment, they heard laughing.

“What’s so funny,” Both Chrysalis and Alex replied in unison.

It was Sink Pit, who had finally come to and looked at them.

“Chrysalis is only picky because she finds you to be...a superior leader to Daybreaker,” she said.

“Me… A better leader to Daybreaker? I hate to say it but I bearly lead anyone.”

“I know that, you know that, Daybreaker knows that, but Chrysalis doesn’t know that,” Sink Pit said. “If you want, to release her from you, I can use a bit of contract magic.”

“Daybreaker, Sombra, are you both okay with me taking her as my own, that way she’ll never bother you again.”

“That’s fine by us,” they said. “Just don’t be surprised if she starts developing feelings for you.”

“Frankly if your daughter is any indication of that fact, I should be worried already.”

Lunar Rainbow fell about laughing.

“Alex, I like you, as a friend. As a boyfriend…..you’re not exactly grade A material,” she giggled.

“Fair enough,” Alex admitted with a shrug of his shoulders.

She walked over and thrust a small, wrapped box at him.

“Huh, whats this for?” Alex asked.

“Open it sometime,” she said.

“Okay, I will once we finish this,” Alex replied before he looked to Chrysalis as he said, “Chrysalis, I order you to entrust your life to me and for you to serve me till a time as which you are released from our pact, you will serve as a protector to those that assist me or those we serve. Do you agree to your new directive?”

“I do Master Shade, I swear my undying loyalty to you,” Chrysalis replied as he knelt down with her head lowered to him before a red and black chain appeared around her neck before moving under her chitin as a red light stuck Alex’s chest between them as a black band appeared on his arm with a symbol of two green crossed pistols.engraved into it.

“Impressive,” Daybreaker said.

Alex then looked to Sink Pit before he said “How are you feeling?”

“Honestly,” she said. “I’m doing fine. Swamplings or Swamp Dwelling Changelings have a fast healing factor. Just with my body being mistreated, it took some time for it all to take effect.”

“I see, my apologies for my part in your injuries.”

“That’s fine,” she said. “Don’t worry.”

“Okay, Thank you for that,” Alex replied before Chrysalis disappeared in a flash of green light that drifted into the new band on his arm, as the pistol shaped engravings filled out in what looked like an emerald glow.

“So what happened to her?” Daybreaker asked.

“From my limited understanding, she’s resting in this band until she’s needed, it seems that being in this heals all their injuries and physical problems, one of my allies had taken an axe to the head and came out of this a few hours later completely healed up.”

“Ah,” Daybreaker said. “That’s interesting.”

“It is, I currently have two allies in the same position as Chrysalis is now.”

“Ah,” Celestia said. “I assume you have to return to your own dimension.”

“I will have to soon yes, Midnight is probably worried sick,” Alex admitted.

“Wish her well from us, if you please,” Daybreaker said. “I’d like to meet her sometime.”

“Knowing her she’ll want me to find a way to bring her with me when we meet again,” Alex admitted as his body suddenly fluctuated as he randomly turned back into the Alicorn body he had been inhabiting before, “What the heck happened there?”

“I think it’s that you and the Alicorn body have a deeper connection than you think,” Daybreaker said. “Also, it might be trying to tell you that Midnight will be more welcoming to you as a pony.”

“Possibly,” Alex replied as his body switched back again, “I guess I’ll need to learn how to control that now.”

“Yes, or, if you want, I can create a “Regulator” device,” Cold Front suggested. “Something that will allow you to change between the two forms.”

“Hmm… how long would it take?” Alex asked.

“I could have it made in two hours,” he said.

“I guess I could hold off for that long, if you’re all fine with that?”

“That’s fine,” Daybreaker said. “Besides, dinner will be ready in five. Hope you like salad.”

Alex didn’t reply on account of not wanting to be rude, but before he could say anything a small portal opened up above him as a small Eyecon appeared before a bright light appeared from it and a small black alicorn filly was gripping the back of his neck with a massive grin on her face.

“Hello dad!” she squeaked as she hung her body off Alex’s back.

“Midnight, how did you get here?”

“Oh I was practicing a spell using that token thing of yours and a portal opened up, and here I am,” Midnight replied happily, “So… where are we?”

“You’re in another reality, I was going to be coming home in a few hours, I just had to handle something first.”

“Ohh… what was it?” Midnight asked curiously as Alex’s body shifted again.

“This, this is what I needed to get fixed.”

“Cool, you’re an Alicorn now!” Midnight shouted giddily. “Mom’s gonna love this!”

Alex saw Daybreaker chuckle softly.


“It seems we may have inadvertently answered a wish,” she said.

“Who’s?” Alex asked.

“Your young daughter’s wish,” Daybreaker said.

“Oh you think I dreamed of this?” Midnight replied, “No, all I meant was that it was cool to see my dad as an Alicorn.”

Daybreaker chuckled softly.

“Alex, should I break your daughter’s mind real quick?” she asked him.

“What are you wanting to do to me?” Midnight asked.

“We have a Luna here,” Daybreaker said. “As well as a Nightmare Moon.”

Midnight began to giggle before she said “Who do you think I am?”

“A surprisable young filly,” Daybreaker said.

Just then, Luna walked up with Nightmare. Midnight turned and the surprised gasp filled Alex’s ears. “That’s what I looked like when I was part of Luna!”

“Yes Midnight, it was.”

Nightmare smiled over at them. “Hello there, young prince,” she said.

“I don’t believe I’m a stallion?” Midnight replied with a smirk.

“She was referring to the stallion you’re resting on, young Midnight,” Daybreaker chuckled.

“...I’m not royalty,” Alex replied.

Daybreaker chuckled softly, “We know that, but everyone else sees you as a prince.”

“...They do?” Alex replied

“The Citizens see you as a royal, due to you being an Alicorn,” Daybreaker said.

“...Oh god, I’m so screwed,” Alex groaned.

“Don’t you worry about it. With your daughter and your marefriend by your side, you’ll be a great prince,” Daybreaker said. “Just have a little faith in your abilities.”

“It’ll be a long time before that’s a thing,” Alex replied, “Us being on the moon and all that.”

“Well, Don’t worry about that. Just keep yourself as a great dad and a great husband,” Daybreaker smiled. “When you and Luna do return, you two can take it in turns to run the court.”

“When we do get home I have a feeling I’ll need to find a place to call home, can’t imagine the Everfree palace will be the same when we get back.”

“Celestia will have founded Canterlot by the time of your return,” Daybreaker pointed out.

“And how long will that be?” Alex asked curiously.

“About 1000 years later,” Daybreaker said.

“...You’re kidding me,” Alex replied in disbelief.

“No,” Daybreaker replied.

“Great… that’s just great,” Alex groaned.

“Don’t worry,” Daybreaker said. “You can salvage anything given to you.”

“Well if we need a vacation I can always bring her here,” Alex suggested with a smirk.

“Your welcome to,” Daybreaker said. “You might be in for a surprise here.”

“I don’t know how to feel about that.”

“Let me put it this way, it’s an entire undersea city, as well as a Changeling Hive,” Daybreaker said. “And they have tons of bookstores and clothing stores.”

“That would be interesting to see.”

“It is, considering they have Victorian era architecture with a large medieval castle, where the Queen resides. Tell you what, If you’re up for a holiday, I’ll bring your Luna here, so you three can relax,” Daybreaker suggested.

Alex turned to Midnight before he said “Maybe we’ll save that for our next trip here, don’t want to exhaust all our options right away, besides we have around nine hundred and ninety-nine years to live through first.”

“That’s true,” Daybreaker said. “Anyway, let’s head back and Cold Front will make you a regulator….unless you like being an Alicorn.”

“I’d like to have both to be honest.”

Daybreaker nodded and they returned to the castle. Cadence decided to take the opportunity to teach Alex how to fly as an Alicorn, while Midnight rode on her back. He found it hard to balance at first, but soon got the hang of it. The glow of the moon behind them was relaxing.

As they did this Alex looked to Cadance before he said to her, “Looks like your theory about about Lunar being in love with me was wrong.”

“That’s fine,” Cadence said. “I don’t mind being wrong.”

“Still what made you think that was the case in the first place?”

“The way she behaved in front of you,” Cadence said. “Normally, she’s quiet, shy and hidden away.”

“I would have been in her position to be honest,” Alex muttered to himself.

“Why is that?” Cadence asked as the two glided along.

“It’s probably best I don’t answer that.”

Cadence softly chuckled before asking, “How are you finding your new gliding ability?”

“It’s different to using Houdini to fly,” Alex admitted.

“I see,” Cadence said. “Glad you like it. And you’re going to surprise your universe’s Luna when you return?”

“Most likely… though i doubt much could surprise her being she’s dating a dead, technically immortal nineteen year old boy from another reality, who just so happens to hold similar abilities to those of a close friend who was murdered with her father in front of her.”

“Ah,” Cadence said. “Well, you never know…..”

“Never know what?”

“You’ll never know if she’s going to be surprised or not,” Cadence said. “I’ve only been a princess for 500 years, and yet I still get surprised.”

“You’ve still got more experience than me.”

Cadence giggled sweetly and the two flew onward. As they reached the White Tail Woods, the two lowered their altitude and glided through the shadows of the trees. When they reached the castle, they landed. Once on the ground, the two walked into the castle and Alex followed Cadence down the hall. The smell of salads and roasted potatoes filled the air as they neared the end of the main corridor. Alex noticed Cadence turn left and he followed her into a large dining room. He looked around at the others in the room before taking a seat as Midnight sat in his lap.

“That’s a cute little filly,” Leon said, taking notice of Midnight.

Midnight just smiled at Leon before Alex said “Thank you she’s my adopted daughter, she somehow created a portal here.”

“I see,” replied Leon, before turning to Midnight. “Do you sometimes wish you had siblings?”

“What’s a sibling?” Midnight asked curiously.

“A brother or a sister, either older than you, the same age as you or younger than you,” Leon explained. “Someone else to share in the love of the family and give you a hard time.”

Midnight just rubbed her chin before she said “Maybe… but i’m happy with what I have, all things considered.”

“It’s a suggestion,” Leon said. “Also, it seems my cousin is impressed with you.”

That statement caught Alex and Midnight off guard, “Impressed with me? Why?”

The others chuckled as Midnight tried to puzzle it out. She finally threw her hooves up in defeat. At last, Luna spoke up.

“It’s okay,” Luna said. “Not every detail in every universe can be known.”

“I know that,” Alex replied.

“It’s alright,” Luna said.

Soon, dinner appeared before them. Midnight looked at the giant salad bowl before looking to Alex as she said “Umm… should we tell them?”

“Tell us what?” Luna asked.

“Umm… I didn’t want to be rude before, but neither of us are required to eat to survive, I don’t even know if Midnight needs to, or I have any way to.”

He got his answer when he heard Midnight’s stomach rumble. She went red with embarrassment.

“Sorry….” she began to apologize, but Nightmare smiled.

“It’s fine. We can get you served up,” she told the young filly.

“Thank you,” Midnight replied as she rubbed the back of her head.

The others laughed. Daybreaker served up the dinner. One thing that confused Midnight was a sandwich with Prench Fries in it.

“Umm… what are these things?” Midnight asked

“Prench Fries,” Celestia said. “In a Toasted Chip Butty.”

“Maybe I should explain, she’s never eaten any sort of food, we never had a chance her only coming into existence when we arrived on the moon.”

“Ah,” Daybreaker said. “Maybe when you come, we can show her loads more things to do. Anyway, shall we continue with what we are doing here?”

“That may be for the best,” Alex replied as Midnight began eating.

The others waded in and soon, they had disposed of the entire dinner (Midnight eating her fair share and then some, which caused Alex to chuckle).

“Thank you for your hospitality,” Alex replied.

“No problem,” Daybreaker said.

After the dishes were cleared away, the group went back to the main recreation room. Midnight looked around at all the games and strange equipment.

Alex just smiled to Midnight before he said “Have some fun while we’re here go ahead.”

“Are you sure? Thank you,”she replied before running around trying to play with everything she could.

The others chuckled. Lunar Rainbow gently picked her up and the two played “Go Fish” for several hours. As they finished their seventh round, Cold Front entered with a small device and gave it to Alex.

“Your regulator. The button on the left allows you to go back to being a human. The button on the right allows you to be an Alicorn,” Cold Front said. “Mind testing it out?”

“Where does it need to go?” Alex asked.

“Pick either your front left or front right hoof,” Cold Front said.

“Okay then.” Alex replied as he placed the regulator on his right arm.

“Right, now give the right button a push,” Cold Front said.

Alex did as he was asked as his form shifted into his Alicorn for and stayed as that without fluctuating.

“I’d say that was a success,” Cold Front replied.

“Seems to be, no malfunctions so far,” Alex agreed.

After a few more tests, and some minor modifications, it was finished. He turned to see that Midnight was sleeping, tucked under Cadence’s left wing.

“Heh cute,” Alex replied with a smile.

“It is,” Daybreaker smiled softly. “Oh and it’s just about time for you and Midnight to go home.”

“I guess it is,” Alex replied as he remembered the gift Lunar had given him as he quickly picked it up and opened it to find a small locket. Opening it, Alex saw a photo across both sides and it was all of them.

Alex simply smiled at he looked at the amulet as he remembered something as he asked Daybreaker, “This world has nobody like me does it.”

“Not really,” Daybreaker said.

“Well apart from that other Alex that is.”

“He’s a former lackey of Chrysalis who just disappeared after she swore her life to you,” Daybreaker pointed out. “In fact, her whole hive did that.”

“Of course they did bet he’ll be out for blood for this,” Alex replied.

“Wouldn’t surprise me,” Cadence said.”Her hive’s known for that.”

“I see… anyway, I was going to say that I was only able to get here because Luna used my token to summon me, is it possible for you to use your magic to link this to your reality so I can return at a later date safely, or on the flip side, allow you access to my world.”

“That can be done,” Daybreaker said.

Just as she prepared to cast the spell, a bolt of magic appeared out of nowhere and missed Midnight and Shining Armor by an inch.

“Who in god’s name did that?” Alex asked in shock.

Just then, a Changeling with large, fierce green eyes and a green midsection appeared and faced Alex.

“YOU!” he snarled and charged at Alex.

“Me!” Alex shouted back as he sidestepped the oncoming Changeling striking it in the back knocking the wind out of in and forcing it to the ground and Alex put weight on it’s back pinning it down. “What do you want.”

“A Duel!” the Changeling snarled.

“No offense, but I think from this, it’s obvious the outcome of a duel between us.”

“After what you did to our queen, it’s a call for revenge,” the Changeling growled.

“I refuse to duel you, you’d be signing your own death warrant.”

The Changeling continued to snarl and make threats.

Alex just sighed and said “If it’s a duel you want we take it outside face to face, one on one, but I will not face you in here.”

The Changeling agreed and the two made their way out to the Courtyard. Once facing each other, the Changeling (Alex) stood ready.

“You sure you want this?” Alex asked one last time as he reached for his Eyecon in his pocket as his Driver appeared on his waist.

“Yes, to show you what happens to those who dishonor the Hive,” he growled.

“I did no such thing, your queen died and took my body, I only retrieved it, and dealt with her for the crimes she committed,” Alex replied.

“The Queen cannot commit any crimes!” the Changeling barked.

“Your delusional,” Alex replied sadly as he realised their was no getting through to the changling, “Who leads your hive now your queen has passed.”

“A queen named Blitz,” he snarled at Alex.

“For the duel to be official she need to agree on the life of her subjects and the costs of this duel, you currently are too lost in anger to make such a call on either decision.”

The Changeling growled and sent a message back. In an hour, the queen arrived. Alex saw she was the same size as Chrysalis, but he noticed the faded yellow irises.

“Queen Blitz I assume,” Alex replied with a bow.

“Yes,” she said. “May I ask why you had me summoned from a negotiation of Military Cross Training with the Crystal Empire?”

“One of your people has challenged me to a duel over the death of the former leader of your hive but is lost in his own emotions, to make a call I can accept on good conscious, as the new leader of the hive he belongs to I feel like the choice on this should fall to you, but I do apologize for having you called to sort this mess out.”

“I see. And not wishing any ill to fall on either of you, but seeing that honor runs deep in him, I shall oversee the duel. I have one simple condition,” she said, glancing over at Alex.

“Name it, I have no intention to deny anything your request that is reasonable.”

“That should this Changeling fall to you, you do not strike him down, and I shall take him and punish him accordingly,” she said.

“And if he refuses to accept mercy at that point and attempts to strike me once he has lost, what then?”

“He shall be killed, memories wiped and reborn,” she said. “A fate worse than being exiled. I could almost go for giving him to you after the whole rebirth and he has to stay with you and Luna as your son and Midnight’s younger brother. Your thoughts?”

“Well three things, one how did you know of my life back home, and two, are you sure you’re willing to sacrifice him that way, and last of all, what are you wanting me to wager on this if I lose?”

“You do not need to wager. If you lose, that will be that. And I am sure. I’ve seen this 5,847 times and know it well,” she said. “As for me knowing of your life back home, in your universe….That was something i merely guessed at.”

“I see,” Alex replied as he said “I agree to those terms, and thank you for taking your own time out of your day to oversee this.”

“It’s no problem,” she said. “I want to rectify the mess caused by Chrysalis.”

“That is very honorable of you, Queen Blitz,” Alex admitted as he stood and turned to the Changeling he was about to duel as he transformed and bowed to him in respect.

The Changeling transformed as well and bowed. The two turned.

“Count of ten and turn,” Blitz said. “The first to fall in the fewest hits loses.”

She gave the countdown. As soon as the tail end of the N in “Ten” was heard, Kamen Rider Shade turned and rapidly brought his sword up to defend himself.

Kamen Rider Western aimed to grab his weapon and fumbled. Kamen Rider Shade took the opportunity as he quickly charged forwards the end of his sword colliding with Western’s wrist sending his weapon flying from his grasp before a swift kick was delivered to his chest.

Kamen Rider Western attempted to get up and grab his secondary weapon, but collapsed in pain from the kick and demorphed. He hadn’t been ready for that.

Alex then once again bowed to the Changeling before turning to Blitz and doing the same.

“The agreement stands,” she said.

“Thank you Queen Blitz,” Alex replied calmly.

They were about to part ways when something shot passed Alex as he looked back to the Changeling to see that the Changeling was up and attacking. He then made his most dangerous error, when he tried to go after Midnight, who was protected by five Alicorns.

It was at this point a familiar sound was heard as a multiple bell chimes was heard and a voice shouted out “Time in the palm of your hand!” before Alex appeared from seemingly nowhere in front of him. The Changeling wasn’t going to change course. Just then, something hit the Changeling and sent him flying into one of the castle walls.

“Sorry for the damage,” Queen Blitz said.

“Queen Blitz, I need to make a request on the second part of the deal in this eventuality, please keep him in your domain until I am in a position to properly care for him, I know I am asking a lot, but if I am take take him in as my son, I want him to start somewhere where he can grow up in a stable home.”

“Understood,” Queen Blitz smiled. “He shall be waiting for you.”

“Thank you Queen Blitz,” Shade replied as he walked over to the dazed Changeling quickly grabbing ahold of him forcing his arm behind his back into a position that forced him to follow Shade’s directions as he led him to face his queen.

“No need to be so damn .rough!” the Changeling snarled.

“You should have thought about that before going after my daughter,” Shade replied as he put a bit more force on forcing him to his knees in front of Queen Blitz.

She lit her horn. Shade moved as a faded black magic orb rose around the Changeling. They watched the process. After a few minutes waiting, the Queen turned to Shade.

“He will be waiting for you,” Queen Blitz said.

“Once again I thank you,” Alex replied as he placed his hand out to her not expecting much from his gesture.

She raised her hoof and they shook.

“It was a pleasure to meet you,” she said.

“Hopefully next time will be under better circumstances.”

“It should be,” she said. “I wish you both well.”

Alex simply nodded back before saying “You too.”

Queen Blitz stayed and each of them fed a line into a portal back to the moon, where Alex’s Luna was waiting. Once everything was ready, Daybreaker bid him and Midnight farewell.

Alex and Midnight then looked to the group before bowing to them all as Alex said “Thank you for having us, hopefully we’ll meet again in better circumstances.”

They nodded and and the two were soon back on the moon in their universe. Alex jammed his hand into a coat pocket and felt something as he pulled it out to see the amulet he had been been gifted, which glowed in a faint golden glow before he placed it over his neck before he and Midnight walked back into the abandoned moonbase they had been residing in.

Just before they reached base, Midnight whispered into Alex’s ear, “Give her a surprise. She’s been feeling down lately.”

“You’re a pest, you know that,” Alex replied with a knowing chuckle as he pressed the button on the regulator before he switched forms into an Alicorn as they walked into there home to see Luna sitting on one of the seats looking away from the door.

Alex then slowly walked behind her and placed his hooves over her eyes as he said “Guess who.”

“Alex, it’s good to see you back,” she then removed his hands only to freeze as she realised his hands weren’t covered in skin but fine black hairs as she suddenly spun around to see him as she said “Alex! What happened to you! Why are you an Alicorn?!”

“Thats a long story… which we have a long time to talk about.”

“Yeah, a very long time!” Midnight chimed in.

“You two are unbearable sometimes,” Luna groaned.

“You love it really,” Alex replied with a smirk.

“You’re right… I do,” She replied before kissing Alex. “And I look forward to hearing all about what you got up to, like where you got this necklace.”

“As I said it’s a long story.”

Midnight then perked up before she said, “Just wait…” only to stop herself suddenly.

“What were you about to say?” Luna asked.

“Nothing, it’s a secret,” Midnight replied with a chuckled as she walked away and said “I’m going to head to my room for a bit, I’ll talk to you both later.”

Once she had gone Luna asked Alex, “So what happened?”

“Take a seat because we’re in this one for the long haul,” Alex admitted as he retold her the events that had occurred.