• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 4,852 Views, 77 Comments

Kamen Rider: Equestrian Shade - The Dark Brony



An 18 year old boy killed and is reborn in Equestria with the abilities of Kamen Rider Ghost but under the new persona of Kamen Rider Shade.

  • ...
8
 77
 4,852

Chapter 19

One week after Shade had encountered the strange figure that had been causing the magic overcharges he had begun to take some much needed time to relax by simply sitting in the throne room Harmony had designed on the day he had returned to Equestria.

Beyond this he currently had both Hiryur who had gained a limited amount of control with his powers and had used then to give himself more human-like features and Gil, who had seemingly grown attached to Shade with both of them currently asleep in his lap their heads around each of his shoulders with Shade using a cloak he had been given as a blanket to cover them in case anyone did come in to the throne room.

None of the other unconscious people had regained consciousness yet, although Harmony had assured him that all of their conditions were stable and sure that they should come out of their coma’s within the coming days.

That had been two days ago and now Shade was getting worried for them, but the one he had been worried for the most was the second child who had been in the first carriage. The child had serious burns on half of his face which had left it badly scared.

The woman who had been with Gil and the other child seemed to somehow get off lightly in comparison to the burnt child with what looked to be old badly repaired broken bones and multiple old swollen bruises covering her body both of which could not have been caused during the crash from how old the injuries were.

The two people who had been in the actual train itself were still unconscious and seeming in a worse state than the others, and along with that the three monsters that had been with them not leaving the two’s side, of which the Shade wished he could purchase a gag for the red one… for obvious reasons.

Lastly, there was the man that had crashed through the roof who strangely beyond a few bruises had got out unscathed from his fall, as for how he had no other injuries and why he was still unconscious Shade had no idea, from all of them it would seem he should have been the first to regain consciousness.

As he sat there lost in thought the door ahead of him slowly opened as he looked ahead of him to find a Unicorn Stallion that had a bright blue coat along with a two-tone black and silver mane and tail, he also had a red tophat as his cutie mark.

As soon as he realised who the stallion was Shade groaned in annoyance before he said, “are we really going through this again? It’s the third time this week.”

“Prince Shade, you must know these monsters cannot be trusted, they are a plague on the land and should be exterminated immediately,” the stallion said to Shade.

“Tell me, do you remember how this conversation went yesterday? I faintly remember my guards throwing you out with me telling you to stop questioning my stance on this as I will not budge on it.”

“Yes but they…”

Shade quickly cut him off, “no buts, those that are living here that you call monsters have to my recollection willing turned themselves in and confessed to every crime they committed till they arrived here, and since I let them live here, many have not only become upstanding members of society but have quite frankly done more for the citizens here than any noble has.”

“Like what! Sat around and assisted in murders of those who actually matter!” The stallion shouted.

“For one, they don’t come asking for the extinction of a race on a daily basis because they dislike them, and do not live under the pretence that a single race is superior to all others,” Shade responded.

“You clearly do not understand just how important I am,” the Stallion scoffed glaring at Shade, “my family have always been respected by the princesses a stance you should show as well.”

Shade didn’t respond as he simply looked at the stallion before he said calmly, “tell me, what was my warning to you last night when I had you thrown out?”

“If I came back there would be dire consequences, so what?”

Shade simply looked to two of his guards standing near the stallion before he said, “Let me put it this way, the only reason you are not in prison this second and avoided it last night is that your father came to me after you left pleading for forgiveness on your behalf. He made a request that instead of stripping you of your title and all that to have my guards follow you while you were in town.”

“I don’t see why that matters…” the stallion said with a grin.

“Oh it matters greatly, you see they reported something to me this morning. You really think you can get away with attempted murder, assault, breaking and entering along with burglary do you?”

The stallion went quiet sweat dripping from his head as the two guards pushed him to the floor.

“You see, I was well aware of your crimes and unlike Celestia, I can’t be bribed by sending me a cake to avoid prosecution. We have multiple eyewitness reports collected from your actions three days ago and with the report from my guards where you broke into a family home last night for supporting a group of those you call monsters and assaulted them for their beliefs.”

As Shade simply continued rolling off multiple crimes that the stallion had committed since he had arrived in the town, the stallion became gradually more scared before Shade added one last thing, “oh, and there was the ledger that the Theocracy had… you were supplying them with what they needed to fund their operations and kidnapping infants for their experiments.”

“Dammit!” the stallion shouted quickly grabbing a knife from his side before quickly turning it around bringing it towards his own chest, only for a Gamma to appear beside him striking the stallions wrist and knocking the blade away along with breaking the bones in his hand as the guards forced him to the floor and one of the placing their knee into the centre of the stallions back.

“I take it you know a lot more than I was led to believe, you realise that with all the crimes you have committed, and the fact you committed treason. Your chances of freedom are slim, and your father has been notified of your actions last night and all the evidence we have accumulated.”

“Wait you can’t tell him!”

“I can’t tell him what?” Shade asked with a smirk.

“You can’t tell him of what I’ve done! I’ll lose everything!”

“Well, I won’t promise he won’t find out, but if you answer all the questions we ask you, and if you behave, we may be more… lenient with you’re punishment.”

“How lenient are you considering?” the stallion asked shakily.

“Well instead of being locked away from the world for the rest of your life till the day you die, you may only be in a prison for the next 30 years of your life,” Shade responded.

“That really doesn’t inspire confidence,” the stallion responded.

“Considering that without you’re cooperation you’d be working in the mines under the Everfree, with a magic inhibitor on for the rest of your life, I think that is generous of me considering the list of crimes you’re being found guilty of.”

The stallion simply remained silent not saying a word to Shade for a minute before saying, “fine… I’ll tell you everything I know.”

“Oh I know you will, but later.” Shade responded with a smile as the Gamma holding the stallion down lifted him to his feet, “however, with I’m afraid we can’t release you till your trail so you’re going to be detained here till I have a talk with you.”

The stallion simply looked to the ground before calmly saying, “I understand,” before the Gamma took him away taking him to the dungeons below the castle.

As soon as Shade as along he took a breath before saying, “I hate to think just how many people were assisting the Theocracy in committing their crimes, but if I can find the locations of their bases, I can prevent them for harming anyone else.”

“You still have a positive outlook on things as it is. But I know you wanted to beat that noble to a pulp for what you know of what he did,” Harmony admitted.

“Yeah, but I won’t do it. Any loss of life that can be avoided is something I want to ensure can happen.”

“It’s a naive goal,” Harmony pointed out.

“I know.”

“Then why bother with something so Naive?”

“Because even naive goal like that is something to aim for rather than wandering aimlessly nowhere for the next one thousand years as I did for the last thousand.”

Harmony seemed to chuckle at Shade’s remark before saying, “You think I’d let you wander aimlessly for that long?”

“No, I don’t doubt for a second you’d let me do that, but considering from what we’ve seen, that my powers can’t kill an opponent, my best bet is to make this town thrive with those that have been redeemed or want to try and be.”

“And there is the noble sort of goal I chose to support you for having.”

“Well, it’s not like I wish harm on anyone… apart from Danny he can suffer for all I care,” Shade admitted.

“You really have a poor opinion of the guy.”

“Oh trust me, the guy deserves it for everything thing he did even before becoming a rider.”

“Why do I doubt that’s the case,” Harmony muttered to herself before pausing for a second and saying, “Alex… It seems that woman and the other child are waking up from their comas., it may be best they see a friendly face when they wake up instead of that of a Gamma or something else.”

“I think you may be right… but I don’t think I’m in a position to move anywhere right now,” Shade admitted gesturing to Gil and Hiryur who were asleep in his lap.

“Well then maybe you should wake them up? I’m pretty sure the woman would like to see the other child she was with, she’ll likely be scared out of her mind if one of the kids she was protecting is missing when she comes around completely,” Harmony pointed out.

Shade could only sigh to himself before he reached down to both of the children before he calmly said, “Gil, Hiryur, you both need to wake up now.”

“Just five more minutes,” Gil groaned in annoyance whilst Hiryur seemed to calmly stretch his arms upwards as he accidentally hit Shade below his chin, before he quickly pulled them back and looked up to Shade apologetically.

“Don’t worry, it’s fine,” Shade responded with a kind smile as Hiryur climbed off his lap and stood up infront of him quickly stretching his whole body upwards before turning back to Shade a gleeful smile on his face.

It was then Shade repositioned Gil so his head was resting against Shades shoulder as he stood up before Hiryur walked up to his said and reached up gripping Shade’s free hand. “So… why did you wake me up?”

“I’ve been told the people that were with Gil are waking up, we thought it may be best if Gil was nearby when she awoke so the poor girl doesn’t have a heart attack when he’s not with her,” Shade admitted as he began to walk towards the infirmary where the others were resting.


As the group got closer to the infirmary Gil began to slowly sir from his sleep as he slowly opened his eyes with a yawn before slowly looking around as he asked, “where are we?”

“Well we’re heading towards where we first met, some of the others have just woke up and I wanted to make sure they were okay. Also, we thought considering you were being held close by one of them when we found you I don’t imagine her to be happy by the fact that you are missing.”

“I suppose so,” Gil responded as he stretched his arms out behind Shade’s head before he said, “I bet Lexi would start lashing out if one of us got kidnapped.”

“Lexi?” Shade asked, “Is that the name of the woman who was with you?”

“No, her name is Alexis. We did call her Alex for a bit but she asked us not too. She said that when her big brother came and saved us, it would make it harder to know who we were talking too.”

At this, Alex didn’t respond as he walked onwards lost in thought as he thought to himself, “I hope everything he just said is a coincidence, I’d feel terrible if it is her and I didn’t even notice who she was.”

It was then Hiryur asked me, “is something a matter dad?”

“Not at all, don’t worry,” Shade responded looking down to Hiryur with a kind smile.

“If our sure,” Hiryur responded looking up with a nervous smile, as he continued to hold Shade’s hand tightly as they walked.

After a couple of minutes, the group reached the door to the infirmary that had two Gamma commandos on the ground infront of it holding eachother up before they saw Shade infront of them and said, “we are sorry, the woman went into a frenzy when master Gil was missing, she seems to think that we’d harmed him and started to attack us, we quickly phased back through the walls when she somehow formed a large metal staff from her own body, we thought it best we wait for someone to come and help.”

“I understand,” Shade responded with a nod of his head before he continued to say, “I’ll head in, close the doors behind me and don’t open then until I tell you otherwise.”

Both Gamma then looked to eachother before nodding as they assisted eachother so they can stand up using their free hands to try and salute Shade before he slowly placed Gil onto the ground next to his as Gil grasped Shade’s free hand tightly as the Gamma opened the doors and the group walked inside.

Upon entering the room they looked around to see a young woman who looked no older than 18 years old. She had long black hair that was tied into a spiky ponytail that had a single section of it hanging over the right side of her face, along with that she had what seemed to be completely black coloured eyes that point slightly inwards, which seemed to resemble a cat.

Behind her was the young boy who had burns on his face, his clothing was ruined to a similar state of what Gil’s had been when he had first woke up, he was seeming to hold onto the woman’s legs tightly seemingly to hide behind her.

Once Shade, Gil and Hiryur was inside the room the Gamma closed the door behind them before Shade took a step forward towards the woman with both Gil and Hiryur staying close behind him.

“Where is he!” the woman shouted in anger, “what have you done with Gil!”

“Miss, I think there has been a misunderstanding. Gil’s fine he woke up a while back, infact I imagine your scaring him right now,” Shade admitted calmly looking around the room to see many crude metal pipes strewn around the room.

However, as Shade looked back he saw that the woman clearly had either not heard him or had chosen to ignore him as a purple light formed on her skin before what looked to be two metal poles seemed to form from her own skin, as she winced seemingly in pain.

The woman then grabbed both poles seeming to pull them from her own arms grabbing them both in her hands before the child behind them seemed to back away from her as he said, “Please stop.” to which the woman seemed to not hear him.

“I think you two should back up slightly,” Shade said to both Hiryur and Gil as both moved back from him sightly as the woman swung both poles downwards towards Shade’s body.

It was then that Shade brought both of his hands up catching the poles in each of them before quickly turning his body sideways, pulling his right arms that held one of the poles firm forcing the woman towards him and in turn making her lose her grip on the staff as she forwards towards the ground, only for Shade to catch her before she did.

“Miss, please be careful, I can’t imagine your feeling okay after how long you have been unconscious,” Shade stated looking at her clearly worried for her health.

The woman seemed to once again ignore him as she quickly tried to punch him with her now free hand as Shade simply stood where he was and let her as she continually shouted, “Where is Gil, where is he!” over and over again.

At this Shade simply sighed before reaching for the bracer on his arm before pressing it reverting back into his human form before grabbing ahold of the woman’s arm as he said, “it’s okay, you can stop now.” The woman then seemed to recoil slightly before Alex continued as he added, “It’s alright. Alexis.”

It was then the woman now known as Alexis seemed to stop almost asif she was frozen as tears began to fall down her face as she looked at Alex’s face before grabbing ahold him opening crying into his chest, as she shouted, “Alex, it can’t be!”

Alex then simply smiled before kneeling down infront front of her rubbing the tears from her eyes, “It’s been a long time, sorry I took so long.”

Alexis then quickly grabbed him again tears still streaming from her eyes, but with a massive smile on her face as Alex rubbed the back of her head, “Alexis, I’m happy to see you again.”

It was then they heard a timid voice say to them, “Lexi? Who is this?”

“Aiden, this is my big brother,” Alex responded to the boy that had been hiding behind her when he entered the room.

“You mean?” the boy now known as Aiden asked with a bewildered look on his face.

“Yes, this is the man I always thought would free us, but never did,” Alexis explained sounding upset by him not coming to save her.

It was then that both Gil and Hiryur slowly approached the group before Gil said, “dad, is something a matter with Lexi?”

“Dad? Alex I think you need to explain a lot to me, no way you are old enough to be a father… you aren’t are you?” Alex responded suddenly changing her entire demeanour.

“Umm… it’s been a lot longer for me than it has for you,” Alex admitted rubbing the back of his head.

“How much longer?”

“About one thousand years longer,” Alex admitted.

“Wait, what, how? I have so many questions on how that’s possible. How are you now at least one thousand and twenty-five years old?”

“That’s hard to explain,” Alex responded before he retreated into his Eyecon as it floated ahead of the woman’s face.

“That explains it very clearly,” Alexis responded sadly, “so you’re not alive anymore, and I take it you must have made a wish on the Eyecons to live this long.”

“Okay, I take it that was a gimmick from Kamen Rider and how do you know that?”

“I may have seen a lot of different Kamen Rider series after your death,” the woman admitted rubbing the back of her head, as Alex reformed back into his human form again.

“How comes almost everyone knows more about what i’m based off than me. Even my little sister.”

“To be fair, you hardly had the chance to learn about it and a lot more series have came out since you died,” Alexis pointed out.

“I’ve guessed that much,” Alex responded with a sigh as he sat down on one of the unoccupied beds as Hiryur climbed onto the bed next to him and rested his head in Alex’s lap.

“So,” Alexis began to ask, “mind explaining why you looked like a horse when you walked in the room?”

“Now that one is a very long story,” Alex responded.

“Well, I’ve got a lot of time to sit and listen, and besides after sitting in a cell being tortured for years, I want to know what took you so long to find me,” Alexis responded as Aiden sat next to her and Gil sat beside Alex.

“I guess it shouldn’t be a problem. I don’t think I have any royal duties to attend to for the rest of the day,” Alex responded before he began to recount everything that had happened since he was Displaced.


After half an hour Alex had recounted his entire story to Alexis she simply sat thier looking at him in confusion.

“So… let me get this straight, you are now some kind of royal for a world of colourful ponies, and the town outside is host to a wide variety of monsters from the entire Kamen Rider series, and beyond that your royal title is the ‘Alicorn of War,’” Alexis clarified as she shook his head. “I think you need to try and slow down a bit, because that sounds like a complete lie.”

“Lexi, it’s not a lie,” Gil said, “I’ve followed him around a lot and everything he said is true.”

“Even if that is the case, it doesn’t make it sound any less unlikely,” Alexis argued.

“Look, it really doesn’t matter if you think it’s true or not. It’s the reality of the situation and sadly unless you have a way home, this may as well be your reality’s too.”

Alexis and Aiden then looked to eachother before Alexis said, “Alex, you realise from everything you said, that makes me a princess right?”

“Well I do remember you dressing up as Cinderella when you was younger, so I’m pretty sure you won’t mind,” Alex responded with a smirk.

“Alex… I told you never to bring that up,” Alexis responded with an upset look in her eyes.

“Did you, I don’t remember agreeing to that,” Alex responded with a smirk as he stood up, “for now I think it may be best that you both relax while I get someone to take you to get washed up and then take you both to get some new clothes.”

Alexis just shook her head before she said, “I suppose you’re right, we do need to get ourselves sorted… just make sure you don’t disappear on me again.”

“I’ll do my best,” Alex responded.

“We’ll look after them both for you,” both Gil and Hiryur responded both with a grin on their faces.

“Okay, just behave and I’ll see you all later,” Alex responded as he walked towards the door phasing through it before making his way towards the dungeons to check on the two prisoners that were currently imprisoned their.