• Published 15th Jul 2017
  • 4,839 Views, 77 Comments

Kamen Rider: Equestrian Shade - The Dark Brony



An 18 year old boy killed and is reborn in Equestria with the abilities of Kamen Rider Ghost but under the new persona of Kamen Rider Shade.

  • ...
8
 77
 4,839

Chapter 16

Author's Note:

This is technically the last part of the crossover that has run recently, with their worlds linked characters from the other story will be active in this one from time to time.

If you have any questions about anything simply ask in the comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

As Harmony opened up a separate stairway in a room under the castle, Shade who had turned invisible and back into Alex walked down to the bottom as he looked in front of him to see the Changeling that had been working with the Theocracy.

The Changeling was simply resting against a wall with Harmony using her vines to keep him against it with his hands against it, his eyes seeming glassy almost lifeless as if he had no will of his own, which actually made sense after what he had done during the assault on the theocracy.

Once Alex was standing over the Changeling he looked down to it and said, “Do you have a name?”

At first, the Changeling said nothing, even if it seemed to try and move its head to look at Alex but after a few moments he muttered out, “even if I ever had one, they took everything away.”

Alex then knelt down so he was at eye level with the changing before he nodded to Harmony as she released the Changeling and it began to fall forwards as Alex caught him letting the Changeling rest against his chest. “Then we help bring you back better than ever. I heard one Changeling sacrificed itself to give the others time, then helped one escape from the Theocracy where it collapsed in front of us and told us what we needed to find you all. You were the one who sacrificed yourself right?”

“I did, and all it caused was me being a puppet to that man,” the Changeling responded before Shade started to hear the Changeling being to cry into his chest, “I hate it, I hate these memories of what I did to them all, they were my family and I assisted in turning so many of them into monsters and torturing newborns.”

It was then the Changing started opening crying as Alex wrapped his arms around the Changeling as he kept listening to him as he added, “I captured my own queen, I captured the others, I kidnapped the dragonesses and brought them to be used like they were! This is all my fault!”

“Nothing is your fault little one,” Alex responded pulling the Changeling into his chest rubbing the back of its neck, “you were forced to do those things to survive and now you won't need to do so anymore.”

“But I can never face them again, they’ll all hate me for what I’ve done!”

“Then don’t face them as a Changeling, if you still want to stand with them, become someone else,” Alex suggested.

“Someone else? Like who?” the Changeling asked.

“Well, that choice is your own to make. I can’t make that decision for you… well I could after what I did when I captured you but I don’t want too,” Alex admitted, “although, I could make you an offer.”

“What sort of offer?” the Changeling asked curiously not sniffling having stopped crying.

“Well, I will become a prince of Equestria soon, and what I need are loyal guards and along with that my own personal guard. You were a Kamen Rider before, admittedly you were against me but you still was one. I want to offer you the chance to become Kamen Rider Fuma again, but to work to the betterment of Equestria with me.”

“So you want me to be your personal guard?”

“Well, I suppose the better term for you with your skills would be my personal ninja,” Shade admitted, “you clearly have the skills to do so, after all, you did almost defeat me when you attacked me before.”

The Changeling seemed to shuffle slightly before saying, “Sorry.”

“I know you were forced to, don’t worry, I hold no distaste towards you for it.”

“Thank you… umm,”

“When I’m like this Alex. When I parade around as an Alicorn call me Shade.”

“Okay, umm… thank you, Alex,” the Changeling responded now looking up at Alex.

“Anyway, the choice on that offer is yours. I won’t make it for you, but you need to know that s few others that will be working in that regard don’t have the choice you do, they all will be working for me because I ordered them too, you saw the effect my finisher as a rider has correct?”

“I did, you destroy their will and bend them to you're own. It’s what you did to me, yet you chose to let me have it back. For that I am thankful.”

“It’s not a problem,” Alex responded.

“Umm… as for the offer… I would like to accept it… but I don’t know who or what to become to live it?”

“Well, if you want my opinion, to walk with normal ponies around her, I’d recommend one of the three races, as for what you would be doing… maybe a Pegasus would be best, as for the rest… that you're choice. It would be the body you will live in around here, so it’s you're own to create.”

“I know… I think I have it,” the Changeling responded as he shakily stood up backing away from Alex as green flames surrounded his form before it proceeded to reveal the Changling was now a Pegasus with a black coat, with a Silver and Orange two tone mane, along with this is Cutie mark was two crossed swords.

“Umm… what do you think?” The Changeling asked Alex.

“Do you like the look?”

“I think so… but if I’m living like this, I’ll need a name to go by… maybe, Rapid Shadow?”

“I’m not against it,” Alex responded as the Rapid’s legs gave out underneath him as he began to fall to the ground, only for Shade to catch him again, “maybe you should take it slow for a bit okay?”

“I think so… I’m sorry I must look pathetic right now,” Rapid responded in dismay.

“You're talking to a creature from another reality, who died was sent to this world as a ghost with a Rider System, and then got given some equipment to allow him to become an Alicorn. Trust me I couldn’t call anyone pathetic if I tried… unless they were a stuck up noble who think they deserved something because they have money.”

“Okay, I can see that,” Rapid responded, once again trying to stand this time retaining his balance.

“Okay, I’m going to ask. Why can’t you walk and keep falling over?”

“The Theocracy took my legs away and replaced them with cybernetics, now they have no control over me, and the system used to give power to the equipment is destroyed I’m having to force them to work myself, which is not easy to do.”

“I’ll get someone looking into that. In the meantime can you help in any way Harmony?” Alex asked as her projected image appeared beside them.

“Let's see,” Harmony responded, “It appears whoever did it, decided it would be funny to partially sever the muscles from the upper half of the body from the lower half, I could fix some of it to make it easier for him to move again, but all the cybernetics would need someone with a basic understanding on how they work to completely allow him to walk unabated again.”

“But you could reduce the strain so he could walk with some supports correct?”

“Yes, It would be possible for me to do that, and I could have a rudimentary crutch made for him to support his weight until he can do so himself.”

“Well, how long would it take for you to do so?” Alex asked.

“A minute, this is me we’re talking about, depending on how close the person I’m helping to is to the tree the faster I can help them,” Harmony admitted as a white light surrounded Rapid’s form which lasted for a minute before slowly fading as two crutches made of crystal was lowered into Rapid’s hands which he grabbed ahold of and used to support himself.

“So how do you feel?” Alex asked as Rapid slowly used to crutches to move around the room.

“I’ll get used to it,” Rapid responded with a smile as he slowly walked over to Alex, “but if I may, I’d like to head out of this dungeon and see the sunlight, if you would allow it my king.”

“King?”

“I’m sorry, in the hive the person who led us was our queen, but as you are not of that sex, I believe the other fit you, and with you're permission I would like to call you by that title my king.” Rapid respond with an attempted bow.

“Well if that's what you wish I shall allow it,” Alex responded with a smile as he transformed back into his Alicorn form again as he helped move Rapid back above ground.


As Shade and Rapid got above ground Rapid covered his eyes from the sunlight bearing down on him as they adjusted to the change before he looked around him to see everyone enjoying themselves at the Faire.

“This is more than I expected,” Rapid responded a massive grin on his face.

“I forgot, your kind feed off love don’t you, guess we’re lucky there are a lot of thankful people here right now, also a lot of creatures that share that and are living in the surrounding buildings, you’re probably feeling bloated this second.”

At this Rapid simply nodded his head seemingly lost in the feelings he was surrounded by as Shade said, “Come on, we better find somewhere to relax, for now. You look like you need it.”

All Rapid could do was nod his head in agreement as Shade walked towards an unoccupied bench before he sat down with Rapid shaking sitting next to him placing his crutches beside him and calmly sitting next to Shade looking at the Game Driver that appeared in his lap.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine once you everything is fixed up and you’ll be back to normal, and helping people like a real Rider should do,” Shade admitted with a smile.

“I can only hope,” Rapid responded shakily his eyes still focused on his Driver.

“Relax and take your mind off things as you recover, there is no point using it while you can barely walk,” Shade admitted.

“Okay my king, I understand,” Rapid agreed with a smile.

“Just be careful with calling me your king, not everyone will be happy to see anyone calling me that.”

“Okay, I get it sorry Shade,” Rapid responded rubbing the back of his head.

Shade could only smile at this as he placed a hand on Rapids shoulder saying nothing else to him.

It was then he noticed another form slowly making its way towards him before he looked over his shoulder to see one of the dragonness’s that the Theocracy had been continuously breeding shakily walking towards them.

She had almost completely blue scales of various colours running down her form along with red eyes however as Shade looked at her he found that the membrane that should have been on her wings had been completely removed from her wings with large portions of them being covered in serious burns making it impossible to repair the wings in normal circumstances.

Once the Dragoness got next to Shade she shakily looked to as she stuttered out, clearly still scared, “C… can I sit with you.”

“Go ahead miss, I don’t mind you doing so.”

She sat down. Shade could see she was nervous and even scared.

“Miss is something wrong if so you are free to talk to me about it. I can see you’ve been through a lot of horrible things recently so if you need to say anything, you are more than welcome to talk with me about them,” Shade stated calmly to the shaken Dragoness.

She nodded before looking to Shade her voice shaky seeming still unable to say what was on her mind as she began violently shaking in fear.

“M….Mr….Shade….I...I was hoping…..to sort out the mess,” she said.

“Miss, calm down, take a breath and relax first,” Shade respond slowly placing an arm over her shoulder, “if you need someone’s shoulder to cry on and admit all your fears I shall sit here all day if needed for you to get everything out calmly till you are content again.”

“I...I’ll try….” she whimpered out.

Shade could easily read the fear of opening up in her voice and eyes. “Miss, your scared from what they did to you, and my name isn’t making it any better is it? My name is the same as the criminals who had caused you untold horrors and things I could never even hope to understand. For what they did to you I am truly sorry and want to do all in my power to ensure you never have to suffer like that again.” Shade then wrapped his arm around her pulling her closer to his side as he added, “now, please say what you need to, I’ll remain here like this for as long as you need.”

She nodded and tried to hold emotions back. Dragonesses and even potential leaders are not supposed to show any emotion.

“Miss, emotions are not a sign of weakness in any race. Those unable to feel even the most basic, even leaders are not capable of seeing what those around them, even those they must lead feel if you fear I’ll think less of you for crying over what happened you are mistaken. In fact, if you were not willing to cry at what happened, I’d fear more for your sanity than anything else. Bottling up all the feeling you are having will never help you recover, it will only tear you up inside more, so if you need to cry over what happened, do so, I will not think any less of you or your kind I promise you that.” Shade admitted as he allowed the dragoness to rest her head into his side as he rubbed the back of her neck.

She nodded and opened up. Shade held her and let her release all the pain and suffering. As he did, he began to think the Theocracy was into dirtier tricks then he first thought. Taking a look at her, he saw that she seemed to be more mentally damaged, that she had endured rather than the physical damage as the Dragoness began openly crying into his chest as Shade continued rubbing the back of her neck.

After a couple of minutes, the Dragoness stopped crying as her face was tight up against Shade’s chest as he asked her, “okay miss, are you feeling any better now?”

“Yes,” she said.

“Okay, now your completely calm, what did you want to talk to me about?”

The Dragoness then slowly looked up to Shade her eyes red as she said, “I wanted to thank you, for saving me and the others, but then you started talking to me and…” She then stopped and began to blush.

“You have a crush on him?” Rapid asked.

The Dragoness did not answer as she pulled herself closer to Shades chest just smiling as her head fell onto Shades legs before she muttered, “maybe i have.”

Shade only smiled at the dragoness as he rubbed the back of her neck and asked, “Miss, do you have a name?”

“Ember, sir,” she said.

“Well Ember, are you content and happy now?”

“Yes, sir,” she said.

“Why do you keep calling me that? No offence but I’m not wanting to force you to do anything Ember, I just want you to feel safe again after what you endured.”

“It’s something I was raised to do,” she said. “Treat all royals as persons of importance.”

“Is that something you were taught back with your kind, or by them?” Shade asked.

“By the Theocracy, sir,” she said.

Shade sighed at this before pulling her back into his chest and he said, “why are you following the ideals they tortured you into believing?”

“I can’t explain it,” she said.

“Do you think the feelings you are having for being in close proximity to me is being forced by something they did to you?” Shade asked.

“I don’t know,” she said.

“Do you want them to feel like that?” Shade asked, “If you do, then I won’t force you away, and I’ll find a way to help you stay close to me if it’s what you indeed desire yourself.”

“I don’t know,” she said shakily.

Shade could see she was conflicted inside. He sat back and relaxed and let his mind wander as he felt Ember begin to fall to sleep in his lap “Get some rest, maybe it will help you feel better.”

She did and as she drifted off, the last thing she muttered to herself being, “yes master,” before she fell asleep in Shades lap. Shade gave a small chuckle, then gave a sigh of relief. That was one ordeal done, but not the master issue at hand.

Shade looked around the room and then sat back, taking a breath and regaining his thoughts. As he did, something crossed his mind and he reached for a notepad. He heard a sound and looked up. Emerging from the shadows was one of Celestia's remaining guards walked towards the table Shade was sat at before he saluted Shade before standing at attention.

“Prince Shade, Princess Celestia has asked I come down to lend you my services,” he said.

“I have a feeling I’ll regret this, but what exactly has she requested you led me your services for?”

“She didn’t specify. She just said you are looking for a loyal pony to assist you with your endeavours to protect the world,” the guard said.

Shade could only sigh at this before he said, “please relay this message back to her for me, till a time when your own guard is to a safe and capable standard, retain all your own guards that are still capable for service and those who are not to be retrained to be at a capable standard.”

“I can attest that Shining Armor has that under control. He’s training new guards and Celestia had a better need for me down here,” the guard said. “Besides, You are going to need an aide.”

“Not that I doubt your capabilities, but what makes you think you are suitable for the role?” Shade asked as he heard Ember begin snoring in his lap.

“I do not believe that I am fully qualified for this role,” the guard said. “But I believe I have some advice and some experience that might come in handy.”

“I see and do you have a name for me to call you by?”

“I am Steel Vanguard and a Sergeant,” the guard said.

“Well, Sergeant Vanguard. For now, I will keep you in mind if the time comes, as of this time I do not need an aide, as I do not truly have any need for one.”

“Ah, Celestia has reassigned me to you, so we’re kind of stuck right now,” Steel Vanguard said.

Shade was about to protest, but changed his mind and moved forward, picking up the cards only to find none of them reacting in the slightest as he sighed in annoyance before he placed them back into his pocket.

“Anything, Prince?” Vanguard asked.

“For now, it’s up to you, I am not giving any real commands out yet, besides I’m not a prince yet, I’m still just Shade. I've not exactly been officially named as part of the Royal family yet after all,” Shade admitted, “but if I was to give an order to you, it would be to enjoy yourself and relax for a while.”

“Sounds good,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Well, what do you intend to do with yourself for now?” Shade asked Steel Vanguard.

“That depends on what’s available,” he said. “Normally, I don’t mind just lounging about, reading.”

“Then if you have a book to read, you might as well sit here with us and if you have anything you want to ask me, you can. I can’t exactly move with the sleeping Dragoness in my lap,” Shade suggested as Ember continued snoring in his lap as he rubbed the back of her neck.

“I do have one question,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Ask away, I’m all ears,” Shade responded.

“Do you know the deal with this superhero that appeared and has the colts and fillies all excited?” Steel Vanguard asked.

“Superhero? If I’m not mistaken, in times when children are scared or deal with something as traumatic as they did, they’ll see anyone who saved them or was there for them when they needed them as just that,” Shade responded, before looking at Ember as he said, “I suppose to her that would be me after all.” Shade then looked back to Steel Vanguard before he added, “you’d need to be more specific if there was some kind of hero you're referring too.”

“We’re talking some kind of armoured figure, draped in chains and the helmet had large eyepieces,” Steel Vanguard said.

“You realise that sounds rather improbable, what sort of person would walk around in that, and besides if the figure is draped in chains would he not sound like some sort of criminal or torturer? For all, we know it could be someone from the Theocracy who took part in their suffering and they are excited about the prospect of never seeing him again.”

“That’s what they're saying. I wanted to bring up the issue with you in case you knew anything,” he said.

“No offence, but what would the children having someone they view as a hero be an issue that needed to be pursued?”

“It would, but they mentioned others who have similar costumes,” Steel Vanguard said. “Something doesn’t feel right here.”

“I really hope you're not referring to Gamma that are around us, that would be rather insensitive of you to say if you were to be deployed here,” Shade responded.

“I’m not referring to these Gamma you speak of,” Steel Vanguard said. “I’m referring to the one fighting against them.”

“Do you think they are a threat to everyone’s safety?” Shade asked.

“I don’t think they are a legitimate threat yet, but as a guard, my curiosity is piqued and I like to keep tabs on those doing my job,” Steel Vanguard said.

“If I was, to be frank with you, If the guard hadn’t fallen into a state of stagnation, they may have not been needed or have surfaced if this is any more than a rumour made by the scared children,” Shade pointed out.

“I don’t know whether to be pissed at that statement or take it in stride,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Be whatever you wish from that,” Shade responded.

“No point in getting irritated,” came the reply. “It wouldn’t serve any purpose.”

“Is there a further reason you're looking into these Superheroes, do you feel like you know them or something?”

“Simple, I want to see just what they’re capable of. I don’t like mysterious figures coming onto my turf,” Steel Vanguard said.

“And tell me, why would that be an issue for you, as of yet this is not you're turf and besides you felt like they were around us as we speak and yet no actions have been made to cause any trouble.”

“To be blunt, Equestria is my land. All of it, and I have a deep disposition to having some foreign heroes doing my job,”

“And you have some proof to the claims they are foreigners?”

He sighed.

“Look, I’m just not used to having some kind of outsider force take over and do my job,” Steel said.

“I’d say doing your job was the simplest thing they’d do,” Shade responded.

“Alright,” he said. “I’m sorry for exploding. It’s just I get defensive of someone stealing my role.”

“And I’m sorry for tormenting you, kind of hard not too after being on the moon for so long,” Shade admitted.

“It’s okay,” Steel Vanguard said.

“So… was that all that was on you're mind?”

“Yes,” he said. “It’s become annoying and even depressing to go to work as a guard.”

“Why would you say that?” Shade asked curiously, “Is there even anything I can do about that?”

“Unless you're somehow magically tied to these heroes, no,” Steel Vanguard said. “I’m just admitting how I’m starting to feel.”

“No offence, but I wouldn’t hold my chances of that being completely inaccurate to far away,” Shade admitted.

“Fair point,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Well we never know what will…” Shade then stopped as he suddenly saw multiple holes appear in the sky above him followed by what looked to be train lines appearing from them moving through the sky. “What the hell?”

“I don’t know,” Steel Vanguard said.

It was then what looked to be multiple trains appeared from the portals, one looking like a white and red bullet train while the others were all completely black in colour and maintained a look seemed to match that of a steam train.

It was then they saw the black trains begin to ram into the side of the white train as multiple carriages began to break apart from it falling into a separate portal as they disappeared while the rest of the train began to rapidly descend towards the ground before crashing into the Everfree Forest as a loud explosion was heard behind the castle along with large plumes of smoke raising soon after.

“I get a feeling that isn’t a good sign,” Shade responded carefully moving Ember off his lap so her head was resting on the bench before he turned to Steel Vanguard as he said, “Steel, first command from me, keep everyone calm and make sure to get a medical team heading towards the crash zone in case anyone was injured.”

“On it,” Steel said and hurried out as Shade rushed over towards the pillar of smoke was coming from.

On the way, he was joined by Lunar Rainbow and Daybreaker.

“I’m guessing you saw the flying trains, got any idea where they were from?”

“I know where they’re from,” Daybreaker said.

“Okay, any idea why they are here?” Shade asked as they got closer to where the smoke was coming from as it filled the forest around them.

“This means that the Shadow Line has come and is in league with the villains,” Daybreaker said. “Which means that we’re going to need the ToQgers to come and help.”

“Do you know a way to get them here?” Shade asked as they got closer to the crash site as multiple black trains travelled over their heads approaching the same crash site they were moving towards.

“My Husband,” Daybreaker said.

“Yes, I know you were referring to him, I meant how is he even going to get here?” Shade asked, “in your case my token to bring you here, or something to link you to this reality.”

“He’s the head of the ToQger team and has a train to bring his team over,” she said.

“And you think it can travel between our realities?” Shade asked.

“Considering it’s travelled all over the world and to other realities many times,” Daybreaker said.

“Well considering I didn’t know it had, I’ll take your word for it.”

Daybreaker nodded and made the call. Once done, she turned to him.

“They’ll be here in five minutes,” she said.

“Hopefully, it won’t be as bad as we are expecting,” Shade responded as they got closer to the crash site as three more black trains moved above them, seemingly circling the crash site. “Or maybe I’ll be wrong who knows.”

“Wait and see,” Daybreaker said as they reached the site.

Steel Vanguard arrived with doctors and nurses. As he approached, he saw something coming out and chasing off the black trains. Walking up, he looked over at Shade.

“Steel is everyone ready if they’re needed?” Shade asked.

“Yes,” Steel Vanguard replied.

“Good stay out of sight until you're needed, understand,” Shade ordered as he turned towards the crash as two of the trains stopped on the ground encompassing the crashed train.

“Yes,” Steel Vanguard said.

As he got close, the first train’s door opened and out stepped Gemn.

“Well, this is just great,” Shade muttered to himself.

“It seems years have been kind to you after hiding on the moon for so long, but I think it best you just turn and leave, I’ve been told to ignore you for now and there's no point in you facing me. After all, you could never beat me before, so why would that start now,” Genm said to Shade with a smirk.

“You know, only one asshole has that voice, isn’t that right Danny,” Shade responded as they began circling each other.

“This isn’t the best of situations,” Lunar muttered.

“You're right, I mean three against one is hardly fair, and besides. I see no need to bother with you,” Genm responded as he clicked his finger as Fourze, Drive and Wizard stepped infront of him. “You lot deal with these, I have some more important people to deal with. Zeronos… come with me.”

“Of course,” another voice responded from the other train as both simply walked behind the stopped trains out of sight of the others.

“Dammit, Steel, pull everyone back now!” Shade ordered pulling out his Eyecon.

He did so, dodging the swipes and grabs made at them. Shade turned to Daybreaker, who nodded.

“Time to take them down,” she said.

“Honestly, wish we had one more person here, but we’ll manage,” Shade responded as he activated his Shade Eyecon transforming into Kamen Rider Shade quickly using his chains to grab Drive, Fourze and Wizard’s legs as throw into the side of the trains in the process scattering their equipment and opening portals below them sealing them away from the Riders grasp..

“Dirty play,” Wizard said.

“All’s fair in love and war,” Shade responded quickly bringing his chains forwards pinning all three to the train carriages side before dragging them along the surfaces as sparks constantly appeared from their suits before they were thrown into the air.

From the shades of the trees, Steel Vanguard watched the last two transform right before his eyes and hurry over to help Kamen Rider Shade with the battle.

“Steel, I told you to get everyone else out of here!” Shade shouted in annoyance.

He got no response, as Steel Vanguard had moved the medical aides back even further. He wanted to keep them nearby for after the battle.

Shade could only sigh as he looked to the three riders now forced to the floor held in place by his chains as he said, “I can’t believe you three have changed so much I may only know who one of you are, but this still is not a thing I want to do to any of you.”

“Do it if you dare,” Fourze said.

Shade then looked away for a second before his chains shot forwards piecing through Fourze’s belt breaking it in half as the belt dropped to the floor in two pieces as Fourze’s transformation fell apart revealing a man with black hair, and green eyes who’s body was covered in bleeding cuts and scars.

“You think you’ve won?” the figure snarled as he tried to grab at Kamen Rider Shade, only to have him stopped by Kamen Rider Build (Lunar Rainbow).

“There is no victory here,” Shade responded holding both Wizard and Drive high in the air before saying, “Finish them.”

Kamen Rider Build agreed and performed the action, as the other one watched. Kamen Rider Shade watched as their transformations fell apart and he lobbed them at the other one and stood over the trio of costumeless riders.

“Even I can’t stand to watch you three fall as far as you have. Especially you Simon, what would you're brother think of you now,” Shade responded in dismay.

“You think….wait….my brother?” Simon asked. “Where is he?”

“Of what, you don’t know? You were using him when you were turned into this were you not?” Shade responded before adding, “keep them restrained and we’ll take them back with us after we sort this mess out.”

‘Yeah…..which means…..he’s dead?” Simon asked.

It was then a small portal opened up below Wizard and Fourze as they were dragged inside while Drive now known to be Simon was held in place by one of Shade’s chains that were still wrapped around his leg before the portal closed leaving Simon alone with the others escaping through it.

“You win. You have me,” Simon snarled. “Now, tell me where my brother is.”

“You’ll find out later, right now I have old Danny Bastard to deal with,” Shade responded throwing Simon to Lunar before adding, “don’t let him escape okay, I need to talk to him later.”

“Promise. If need be, I can have mom detain him,” Lunar said.

“Just don’t let him get away,” Shade repeated.

Lunar agreed and after detaining Simon, Shade turned his attention to Danny as he used his chains to fling himself towards the crashed train to see both Genm and the other Rider trying to break a door down to get inside.

It was then Shade used the ends of the chains to grip into the wreckage behind Genm and quickly propel himself towards him kicking him in the side of the head knocking him into the side of the wrecked train before kicking him into a large section of another carriage that had fallen over.

“So, you won’t stop pursuing me, eh?” Danny asked.

“No offence, but you murdered the others and turned them into slaves, you really think I’m going to let you get away with doing that to anyone else?” Shade responded as he used this chains to throw the unaware Zeronos into Genm before throwing the two of them deep into the Everfree. “I may not be taking you out, but if people are trapped inside the train, they take priority over revenge.”

It was then Shade quickly tore the door open as black smoke poured out the carriage, as Shade saw flames inside the carriage itself. It was then he quickly grabbed the Wizard Eyecon before walking into the burning carriage absorbing the flames as he went quickly finding two children and a woman trapped under rubble which he quickly removed before helping them get out the carriage.

As he got them out, Kamen Rider Arachnus headed over to help.

“Anything else I can do?” she asked.

“Get these three to the medical staff, they were under rubble in smoke that was on them, they may be suffering from oxygen deprivation, I’m going back in to look for anyone else,” Shade responded as he ran back inside looking for anyone else who was in trouble.

“Right,” she said. “Want me to send more aide your way?”

However, she got no reply as he was already inside scouring the carriage for other survivors.

It was then Shade walked to the front of the train towards the train itself and opened the door to find two bodies on the floor, both seemingly unconscious with three demon looking creatures infront of them. One was red, the other blue and the last purple, and all three of them seemed to be trying to protect the unconscious bodies.

“You there! Stay Back!” One of the demon creatures shouted at Shade.

“My, you are a loud one? Is all you do shout?” Shade asked as he walked towards them.

“No,” the other said. “We don’t want you to hurt yourself.”

“I really doubt that I’m here to get those two out, the rate this smoke is filling the room they’ll be unable to breathe soon,” Shade admitted.

“Alright,” they said.

As he moved to lift them out, some of the metal collapsed, blocking them in.

Shade the quickly turned around to see a bike connected to the centre of the room as he quickly jumped onto it summoning his pistols before firing on the cracked glass window on the front of the train as cracks covered the entirety of it before he rammed into the glass shattering it as the bike crashed into the ground as Shade rolled from it a few metres away from the wreckage, in turn cancelling his transformation allowing the demons to carry the two people out the room through the hole he had made.

As that happened, a figure stood over him and helped Shade up.

It was then Shade looked up to see A black suit with white trim, and belts in the shape of train tracks heading to a circle that had the number 0 in the middle. The helmet had bars around it, like a cowcatcher. The boots were white with silver rings.

“Shade, I assume you have a need for a second body,” the figure said.

“What took you so long,” Shade responded as he looked up to the figure, “thought you would never show up.”

“Sorry, but I had to fight off more Shadow Line Riders and Sentai Rangers with my team,” the figure said. “Now, I believe we have a problem to deal with.”

“Do you mean the mass amount of people trying to kill us, or the unconscious people in the carriages?” Shade asked as the three Demon’s carried the two unconscious bodies out the broken window.

“The people in the coaches. Come on,” the figure said.

Shade, after being helped up, followed him in. The two began moving large pieces of metal clear of wreckage in an attempt to find anyone else who was trapped and assisting in the rescue. Shade came out to see Steel Vanguard coming up to assist if needed.

“Steel, there is no-one else inside, it appears it was just those four,” Shade stated,

“Ah well, that’s fine. However, I’m going to have a few hundred questions regarding your… costume change,” he said.

“I expected you would,” Shade responded.

“I don’t want to be rude, but I’m curious. What was that you became?” Steel asked.

“I believe you called it, one of the foreigners that are taking your job,” Shade responded

“That was before I knew the situation,” Steel Vanguard said. “Now, mind filling me in? Or do I have to painfully drag the answer out of you?”

“Do you really think you can?” Shade asked.

Steel Vanguard gave him a dirty look before tackling him and holding Shade in a painful position.

“Really?” Shade responded as Steel’s hands passed through his body before Shade stood up phasing through Steel’s body.

“Look, just tell me,” Steel Vanguard said irritated.

“It’s very complicated to explain,” Shade responded, “but at a minimum, I can say right now is this, I am what's called a Kamen Rider.”

“Ah, that is interesting,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Really how so?” Shade asked, seemingly thinking about something else beyond his conversation with Steel, as he hand was placed to his side against his pistols with his eyes directed towards the forest.

“It’s something… Shade, get back, I see something not right in those woods,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Yeah, I know, it’s the asshole I threw out of the way,” Shade responded as his chains began to raise around his form.

“Shade, leave him to me,” Steel Vanguard said.

“No offence, but I think you’re punching above your weight.”

“I’m a guard. That’s my job,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Yes, but if you do become my aide, do you not need to be alive to do that?” Shade asked, before bringing his fingers to his mouth before whistling as a creature that had the body of a lizard and the head of a chicken walked into the forest where Shade had been watching before they heard three screams as the figures seemed to run away.

“True,” Steel Vanguard said.

“Also helps to have eyes and ears everywhere in the forest,” Shade added as he pointed his pistols into the forest behind the group before firing three rounds before a Danny's voice shouted out in pain, “Oh come on seriously how!”

“So… where should the next one go? An arrow to the knee or a bullet to the face?” Shade asked.

“Bullet to the face, if I may say,” Steel Vanguard said.

Shade could only chuckle as he levelled his gun into the forest again before he heard a voice say, “there opening a portal, I think they’ve decided the fight is not worth the cost anymore, only one seems to be staying nearby.”

It was then Shade fired one bullet, missing its target and instead of hitting the targets head tore through its leg as it fell into the portal as it closed behind it before being followed by one of the trains behind them suddenly began to move before disappearing into a portal that closed instantly behind it.

“Seems we took care of one of the problems,” Yami No 0gou said. “But the Shadow Line will strike again.”

“Sadly, I feel like I should have expected that,” Shade responded with a sigh.

“It’s easy to oversee something like this,” Yami No 0gou said. “Hence why the team has two Sentai or Power Ranger teams to aide them in my world.*

“That only leaves the small task of finding a group with that specific skill set for the eventuality,” Shade pointed out.

“That can be easier than you think. We have both Choujin Sentai Jetman and Ressha Sentai ToQger to handle the problems we have,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Yeah, but you're world seem to have no issue with different teams appearing from the woodwork, I mean a new one must appear every week.”

“Every week? No. The teams appear and fight either alongside each other or against each other to figure out who will win,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Oh right, that's just for the monsters isn’t it?” Shade responded with a smirk.

“Not really just for the monsters,” Yami No 0gou said. “These teams are teams who don’t see eye to eye with us and want the glory for themselves. It’s rare to get them to work with us.”

“And yet that doesn’t surprise me or give a solution for this world,” Shade added.

“I’d suggest finding a team who’s willing to work with you,” Yami No 0gou said. “Think of a group of friends who you’ve hung out with and see if they’d be interested. Maybe start with the guards or something of that nature.”

“Yet you forget one important piece of information in this endeavour,” Shade pointed out.

“A piece that is known. I am here to assist, yes,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Even if you could assist me in that regard, it would be almost impossible to repay you for your help, but beyond that, finding the equipment they would need isn’t something I can do easily.”

“Repayment isn’t necessary. As for supplies, I have two sets of morphers that come with all the necessary supplies,” Yami No 0gou replied. “All you would have to do is supply them a base and all the necessities, like food and training.”

The two stood up and started to head back when they were knocked back by something striking the ground in front of them. The two looked up at a much bigger and much more menacing Shadow Line train circling overhead.

“Seems they want us to not find out anything,” Yami No 0gou said. “However, I think we can change the tides of fate.”

Shade nodded, grabbed his device and prepared to transform.

“Not sure how much help I will be, I don’t think I can damage that thing,” Shade admitted.

“Don’t doubt your ability,” Yami No 0gou said.

Shade agreed, transformed and the two began slashing, firing and stabbing at the train, unsurprisingly doing nothing to it, “Yeah, that was never going to work as it is,” Shade admitted.

“That is true, but we can alter the plans to take this train down,” Yami No 0gou said.

“And do you have one?” Shade asked.

“I do have an idea of how to do this, but I will need my team,” Yami No 0gou said.

“And pray I ask where they are?” Shade asked.

“Just waiting for my orders to come in,” he said to Shade.

“And how long will that take for those orders to come in?”

“I can send the orders right away and they can be here in about three minutes,” came the reply.

“Then we just need to hold it off for that long,” Shade responded.

“Yes,” came the reply.

“Well I suppose you have a way planned for us to hold it off?” Shade asked curiously.

“I do. Come on,” Yami No 0gou said.

“I guess I’ll follow your lead then.”

The two headed off to a small cave behind the train. Climbing up, the two spotted something that gave them pause for concern. Mechanical parts that moved.

“Umm, you going to explain this?” Shade asked curiously.

“This is a modification that they did to turn it into a robot,” Yami No 0gou said.

“But how will that help us?”

“It’s something we can use to sabotage them,” he said. “It won’t do much, but it should be enough.”

Shade nodded before saying, “and how would we sabotage it?”

“Attack the joints. They are the weak point,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Why did you not just instruct me to do that before?” Shade asked.

“Because I didn’t know what they had until I saw it,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Okay, shall we go and sort this then?” Shade asked.

“Yes,” Yami No 0gou said.

Shade simply nodded back before turning and running out of the cave holding out another Eyecon in his hand.

Yami No 0gou charged after him and drawing his sword, jammed it in a joint as Shade transformed using the Houdini Eyecon flying into the air using it chains to bind the legs together causing it to fall to the ground.

It was then Shade paused getting an idea before he quickly lifted himself into the air before dropping into the train’s cab to find a Black suit Ranger with the number 1 in the circle badge on his chest. The figure looked up.

“So, the imposter shows himself,” The figure said.

Shade then made himself visible before looking around him and saying, “Sorry, were you talking to me?”

“Of course. Who else would be the imposter the Theocracy said I was to have my team hunt down?” the figure said.

Shade then began to laugh at the Ranger’s comment before looking back to him as he said, “I’m sorry, it’s just I can’t believe you think I’m the imposter here.”

The Ranger snarled and attempted to pull his weapon out, but Shade quickly grabbed the Ranger arm before punching down into his shoulder as it went limp against the Ranger’s side with a loud cracking sound.

“You dirty bastard!” the Ranger snarled, using his other arm to reach for the weapon, only for Shade to repeat the process on the other arm as well before kicking into his legs knocking him to the ground, “you know, that was a pretty stupid thing to try.”

“Stupid? Pah,” The ranger said, catching Shade unaware and sending him into the tender coal door.

“Pretty much, after all, neither of your arms work,” Shade responded standing up as chains grabbed ahold of the Ranger appearing from the ground holding his arm against his side and his legs together, “and you can’t even move a muscle.”

The Ranger growled as the train buckled and Shade fell out, to be caught by Yami No 0gou. He watched as a more colourful blue train came out to chase it off. As he turned to Yami No 0gou, the two felt something shake the ground.

“Why do I think this isn’t good?” Shade responded as the chains in the train he had been inside begun to form around him again, relinking him to the train’s cab. “Just give me a minute, think you can handle things for a moment?”

“I can,” The Black Ranger said. “If things get out of hand, send a red chain down and I’ll send reinforcements.”

“It shouldn’t be,” Shade responded as he used the chains around him to propel him back inside the train cab as he looked back to the Ranger inside to see the Ranger still chained to the cab, but trying to break free as he asked, “having a good time down there?”

“Yes, I am. I like being chained up like this,” came the sarcastic reply.

“In that case, you can stay like that,” Shade responded as the chains removed the Rangers weapons and held him against the back wall, he then walked over to the restrained Ranger before saying. “After all, I’ll be taking good care of you from now on, and I’ve got a lot to ask you about later,” as he tapped him on his shoulder.

“Good luck,” was all that was said on the captive’s end.

“Oh, you bet I’ve got good luck, and I think I’ll be keeping this thing,” Shade responded as flames enveloped his hands as he placed his hand against the train's controls as the train began to be engulfed in flames as in the interior of the cab began to match Shade’s style as a large red eye appeared on the back wall.

“Now this I like, what do you think to the remodelling?” Shade asked the Ranger as he chuckled while multiple Eyecon shaped holes formed in the centre of the cockpit.

“Interesting, and not really,” the Shadow Line Ranger said. “The train will no longer respond to anyone, even though you took control, it will never respond to you or any of your pathetic allies.”

“ see shall we?” Shade responded as his Eyecons floated into the holes in the controls before a voice said, “Weapon identified, Accessing Shade link,” before a second voice said from the console itself, “New operator accepted, welcome Kamen Rider Shade.”

“I’m sorry what was that about not getting in?” Shade asked before the console said, “Activating Shade Gattai!” as the train began to reform.

“You dirty bastard,” the Shadow Line Ranger snarled.

“Sorry couldn’t hear you over the interface, please speak up,” Shade mocked smirking under his helmet as he pressed in the Musashi Eyecon before the console said, “Musashi Eyecon accepted, Shade Musashi Gattai activating.”

While Shade did this outside the train now was mostly black in colour but red marking was forming along it while it stood on two legs while two long swords formed in its hands, as it swung downwards slicing one of the two circling trains in half as it exploded midair.

“You dick,” was all Shade heard.

“You wound me,” Shade responded

“Enough. Such a move by such an enemy would wound only the enemy,” Yami No 0gou said, climbing into the cab.

“Well good to see you, what do you think?”

“It is a nice acquisition,” Yami No 0gou said. “This will do a Sentai Team well, should you decide to go for it.”

“For now we have one more Train to handle,” Shade responded calmly.

“Ah, Let us handle it now,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Okay, I’ll act as Support in case I’m needed,” Shade responded pressing in the Billy the Kid Eyecon as the console said, “Shade, Billy The Kid Gattai activating!” as the swords disappeared being replaced by two pistols as what looked to be a cowboy hat appeared on the Gattai’s head.

“Good,” Yami No 0gou said.

“So, you got your own train to catch or are you staying here and observing?” Shade asked as a second seat formed next to Shade.

“I have my own train, but I want to see you in action in one of these trains,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Did you not just say, you were handling this?” Shade responded with a smirk as he looked at the Shadow Line Ranger behind them.

“I did,” Yami No 0gou said, playing along with Shade.

“Okay, then what do you need me to do then? I could shoot the other one down if you want,” Shade suggested.

“It’s your call,” came the reply. “I’m along to see how you do. Please, cause all the destruction to the enemy to your heart’s content.”

“More than happy to,” Shade responded as the Gattai pointed it’s pistols towards the remaining train before beginning to open fire on it instantly shooting its front cab as it began to fall to the ground crashing into the forest below, “I think that is good, Harmony can collect the wreckage I’m sure we can do something with the salvage.”

“Oh we can,” Yami No 0gou said. “The Rainbow Line has a habit of restoring and building new trains.”

“Then we’ll send the remains to you at a later date,” Shade responded before saying to the Shadow Line Ranger behind them, “what do you think little guy?”

“Other than you are a dick for stealing this, I take it I have no choice in whether I go free or not and you're going to offer me an Alliance or I become a servant.”

“Honestly, I was going to let my friend here handle you after I learn all I needed, I’m sure he’ll enjoy learning everything you know.”

“Shit,” was all the two heard.

“Hey, why did we not take his equipment yet? I’m sure we could find a use for it?” Shade pointed out.

“Because you’ve repurposed it. Once you took control, it’s now yours to use,” Yami No 0gou said.

“I meant his transformation equipment, I’m keeping the Shade Gattai no doubt about it,” Shade clarified.

“Ah,” Yami No 0gou said.

“You might as well take it for now and we’ll decide what to do after,” Shade responded.

“Good idea,” Yami No 0gou said.

Shade watched as Yami No 0gou headed over and pulled the morpher off the Ranger’s wrist. Once done and the Shadow Line Ranger transformed back into a member of the enemy team, the two looked at the device.

“So… Need I ask how it works?” Shade asked curiously.

“That’s going to come later. Right now, we have a matter to tend to,” came the reply.

“And that is?” Shade asked.

“Our matter comes in the form of the problem you posed,” Yami No 0gou said. “How would a sentai team fair in your organization.”

“As of yet I do not know, but the problem still remains on the missing members for a team and any morphers that I need not existing yet.”

“I’m willing to bet that something will come to us and we can work from there,” Yami No 0gou said.

“That is normally the case with these sort of things,” Shade responded with a smile, “but for now we need to get this thing home and check if everyone is okay.”

“I’ve gotten a report that everyone’s fine and that this Steel Vanguard has found something in the woods. Some kind of device that he wants us to inspect,” Yami No 0gou said.

“We’ll get onto that at some point,” Shade responded as the Shade Gattai reverted back to a normal train as Shade took the group back towards the castle.

As they arrived, Shade saw 7 brightly coloured trains sitting outside the castle on tracks that weren’t there before.

“I take it those are your team's trains?” Shade asked as the train stopped in front of the other trains.

“Yes,” Yami No 0gou corrected.

“I hope they won’t mistake this for a Shadowline train,” Shade admitted.

“They won’t. I told them what happened,” Yami No 0gou said.

Shade then looked to the Shadowline Ranger behind him as he said, “looks like you're ‘gift’ to me won’t be destroyed, I bet that's good for you to hear,” as he walked over to the restrained Ranger before picking him up and throwing the Ranger over his shoulder facing backwards.

“Shut up,” was all the captive said.

“Don’t be like that. After all, I’m sure you’ll love being around here soon enough.”

“That’s a laugh and a half,” the captive replied.

“Hey don’t talk like that, if you do behave I might be keeping you around to maintain the train after all,” Shade responded tapping the captive on the shoulder.

He got no reply.

“Say something, it’s like I’m telling you that I am taking you're free will away,” Shade responded jabbing his thumb into the captives broken shoulder.

The captive yowled in pain.

“Oops, sorry forgot about that,” Shade responded apologetically, “you okay back there?”

“Piss off.”

“It might be a good idea to speak to me with a bit of respect, after all, I could make sure your bones heal incorrectly and leave you dependent on others for the rest of your life,” Shade responded knowing he would never do something like that to anyone.

“Sorry,” was all he heard.

“Okay, now. What's making you act like this?” Shade asked as he cancelled his transformation reverting to his Alicorn from.

“The Shadow Line was hired by the Theocracy, and your a sworn enemy and I was sworn to never talk if I was captured and the detaining weapons you used came off as a dick move,” the captive said.

“You do realise the Theocracy is following a liar right? The god they think they are following is a fake pretending to be me to get them to do what he wants?”

That didn’t deter him from following his orders.

“Besides, being you messed up the theocracy and you're old employer will not take someone back who failed them, they’re more likely to try and have you removed from the equation, and honestly I don’t wish that on anyone.”

It’d take the captive a lot more than that to convince him. Shade turned to his ally, who chuckled.

“Lock him in a cell and let him think about it alone,” Yami No 0gou said. “Some solitary confinement should do the trick.”

“No offence to you, but I’m not going to mentally torture someone and leave them scared out their mind when they are meaning nobody any harm,” Shade responded before looking back to the ranger, “look I want to help you, so can you at least give me a name so I know who I’m trying to help?” as he healed the Rangers shoulders so they wouldn’t cause him anymore pain anymore. “That any better?”

The Ranger stayed silent.

“Come on, seriously at this rate I am going to be forced to lock you in a cold dark cell alone with nothing to do for a while, give me something to make your situation better?” Shade requested.

Still, the Ranger stayed silent.

“Can’t say I didn’t warn you, hope you are not scared of the dark… or tight spaces,” Shade responded with a sigh as what looked to be casket appeared on the ground beside them, as the ranger still stayed quiet as Shade lowered him into the casket as a wooden board covered the top and suddenly sealed shut trapping the Ranger inside with not even an inch to move.

It was then both Shade and Sombra saw they could see inside the casket while the Ranger couldn’t see out as they saw that he was laying there still staying silent.

“Man he’s determined to say nothing,” Shade responded in annoyance, “I really didn’t want to harm the kid.”

It was then Shade thought, “man harmony you have a horrific sense of humour.

I’m not that bad!” Harmony argued back.

“Yes you are, and you know it,” Shade argued back before lisening to Sombra again.

“We can maybe try something like offering him a team,” Yami No 0gou said

“Why do I get the feeling he’ll never want to work with me?” Shade asked.listening

“Don’t worry, I have a plan,” Yami No 0gou said.

“What is your idea?” Shade asked as he picked up the casket resting it against his shoulder as he walked.

“Leave him alone with his thoughts. I know that his type like to be around people and make friends and with him being alone, he’ll be willing to listen to us and do what we have planned for him,” Yami No 0gou said.

“And if that doesn’t work and he remains hostile towards us?” Shade asked.

“Then we’d have no other option then to strip him down and you turn him into your puppet as it were,” Yami No 0gou

“Well that's a brilliant way of putting that,” Shade responded rolling his eyes.

“I was trying to be tactful,” Yami No 0gou said.

“Oh I know,” Shade responded with a smile.

The two chuckled and watched. Time seemed to drag on before they heard the captive ranger claim he’ll do anything Shade asked of him.

“That was only two hours, impressive,” Yami No 0gou said.

At first Shade did nothing as he looked inside the casket seeing that he was still seemingly calm before he said, “let's give him ten more minutes.”

“Agreed,” Yami No 0gou said.

They waited for five minutes before they suddenly heard the Ranger shout out in terror from inside the casket “Lemme out! You can’t bury me alive!”

“Should we unlock the box?” ToQ1ger asked.

Shade looked inside the box again to see to figure banging his hands against the top of it as Shade said, “I’d say just a couple minutes more, just to be safe.”

They waited and as they did, ToQ2ger made a suggestion that he offered him a position as a leader of a team. Shade turned to ToQ2ger and chuckled, thinking the idea was a good starting point, just maybe with him not being the one leading a team.

“I may consider it,” Shade responded as he looked inside to see the Ranger curled into a ball almost in tears as Shade looked to them and opened the casket before slowly picking the Ranger up before saying calmly, “don’t worry, you are safe now, nobody going to hurt you.”

The ranger jumped up, making it easier for Shade to lift him out.

“You are one twisted Rider,” The Ranger said trembling in fear, with tears forming in his eyes.

“I tried to get you to avoid that,” Shade responded rubbing the Rangers back, “but you kept mouthing off at me and not letting me help you.”

“I was ordered to make it hard on you,” he said.

“And they threw you under the bus and left you for dead, I was wanting to help and you chose not to let me, even if you were ordered to do something, they abandoned you to suffer and you chose to continue following liars and criminals.”

“And they said they’d back me up,” he growled.

“And did they do anything of the sort?” Shade asked.

“No,” he said. “Not even my own team backed me up.”

“What does that tell you about them all?” Shade asked.

“They’re backstabbing bastards,” he said.

“So, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to trust them again and go back to being betrayed.”

“Screw that. I’d rather start up a team. Pick me some rangers, preferably of different types and lemme at it,” he said.

“Tell me. Why should I even trust you with that?”

“I know what I’m doing and plus, it’d be a leash as it were for you to keep tabs on me,” The Ranger said.

“Oh, I know that. I more meant why should I let you lead a team?”

“Other than the fact I’ve lead a team before, also it would give you a reprieve from having to manage two teams at once and knowing all the paperwork marrying bureaucrats who demand the forms every day….yeah,” The Ranger said.

Shade paused for a second, then roared with laughter. He hadn’t heard something that funny in ages.

“Okay, three things one, I very much doubt many bureaucrats will argue with an Alicorn with has been given the title ‘Alicorn of war.’ Second I have no other Rangers to put you in a team with and lastly do you think I even have a team to lead?”

“True and I’m thinking that they may come,” came the reply. “We’ll have to wait and see.”

“That we will umm… You never did give me a name, being you didn’t want to say anything to me before,” Shade admitted as he put the Ranger down carefully.

“I’ll give it to you later. Right now, we should get things ready,” the ranger said.

“You seem optimistic,” Shade responded.

“I can be optimistic when given the opportunity,” he said.

“I’ll wait to see one that, also I’ll get a home sorted for you in the town, I trust you have no objections?”

“I don’t have any objections,” he said.

“Okay, then. There is currently a Faire going off, so if you wish you can enjoy that till it ends,” Shade replied calmly.

“Of course,” The ranger said and headed out.

As he headed out, ToQ3ger turned to Shade.

“There is a chance he could be a good leader,” she said to Shade.

“I don’t doubt that fact, but I just don’t trust him with that responsibility just yet,” Shade admitted.

“I know, but maybe, give him a dummy team or better yet, let him lead us,” ToQ4ger said.

“That position is not mine to give. After all none of you are really from here,” Shade admitted looking to Sombra.

“It’s fine by me. If you're willing to watch and judge him,” Sombra said.

“You realise that once you all head home for that to work he’d head back with you, and I do need to stay here and get this place sorted, kinda isn’t advantageous for me to run off while everything is being sorted here.”

“We don’t have to head home just yet. We still have a week here,” he said. “That should be ample time to study him.”

“You’re really good at making everything sound like an experiment you know that?”

“I know and that’s because it is an experiment,” he chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah I know,” Shade responded rolling his eyes.

“You don’t like experiments, do you?” Sombra asked.

The two stretched and Shade walked with Sombra back to where the Ranger was sitting by the fountain. As the two made to leave, the two heard something crash through the castle’s roof.

It was then Shade turned back around as he saw the dust settle and found a human body on the ground. The figure was wearing what looked to be a white training suit that had a black belt tied around their waist with golden Kanji around his waist, beyond this also wore a pair of red fingerless gloves and looked to have a red headband around his forehead.

“Umm, did someone find a token and activate it?” Shade asked looking at everyone in the room.

“That I doubt,” Sombra responded.

“Well, if that's who I think it is, it makes no sense for him to be here naturally,” Shade responded in confusion.

“That’s true, but could it be someone who’s dressed up as him and ended up here. Like you have ended up here?” Sombra asked.

“Even then, why did he end up here?”

“That could be answered with one of two options: “The same force that brought you here brought him” or “He was brought here by this world’s needs of aid to help the Ranger you're giving a chance”,” Sombra said.

“I honestly hope it’s not the first or I’ll be sorry for the guy,” Shade responded

“I doubt it’s the first option, as he doesn’t come across as a ghost,” Sombra said.

“Well who knows if I’m the only case of this, and I just got unlucky with being dead,” Shade responded with a sigh as he walked over to the figure checking his pulse finding that it was strong, signifying he was alive.

“That's a good thing at least,” Shade responded before adding “Harmony, could you take him to be kept an eye on for the time being with the others?”

“Why would I not, right now the poor thing looks like he needs it more than anything else,” she said.

It was then that a manticore walked up next to them as Harmony formed some Vines to help place the unconscious man onto it’s back before walking out carrying the figure to the temporary hospital where the other unconscious humans were.

It was then Shade looked to where the figure had crashed to see what looked to be a small golden coin that had what looked to be an engraving of two wings embedded into both faces of the coin, and he looked over it before placing it into his pocket to hand back to the figure once he awoke.

“Know who he is?” Sombra asked.

“As in who he looks like or who he is personally?” Shade asked.

“I’d say who he looks like. I doubt you’d know him personally,” Sombra said.

“If I remember correctly, I believe he’s an experienced martial artist, but I can’t remember if he had any other skills beyond that.”

“I see,” Sombra said. “However, I’m starting to have a funny feeling that you're going to have some more unexpected guests,” Sombra said.

“You make it sound as if I don’t expect too have that happen sooner or later?” Shade admitted.

“It’s not that, it’s that I’m starting to think that it’s going to happen soon,” Sombra said.

“Oh that I have no doubt,” Shade responded as he began to walk out, “right now I have something to discuss with you and your wife.”

“Right,” Sombra said.

“I would say it would be best to find her first. This is something I think you both need time to think it over for, and beyond that, we need to finish sorting something on our end,” Shade responded.
,
“Alright. I’m thinking she’ll be back at the castle,” Sombra said.

“Okay, see if you can find her, then meet me back here.”

Sombra nodded and headed off. Shade looked around, seeing if he could spot anyone else before he said, “Harmony, are we almost ready?”

“Almost, all we need is their help to test if it will work,” Harmony responded to Shade calmly as he waited for Sombra and Daybreaker to return.


Around 20 minutes later the two returned to where Shade was waiting.

“So, what is this thing you need us for?” Daybreaker asked.

“Less need more to make a proposition for you, but with what I know of what I’m intending to say, I thought it best to say it to the both of you at once, instead of repeat the same thing twice, Also it may be better if we go somewhere else so my friend can form and explain it as well,” Shade admitted as a stairway appeared on the ground in front of them.

They nodded and followed Shade down the stairs to the room.


Once they reached the bottom of the staircase they found themselves in a room that surrounded the Tree of Harmony, the room was surrounded with multiple crystal shaped arches that seemed to stop with no paths onwards that looked to engraved with runes, with only one arch having a path following it into what looked to lead to an open room.

It was then the group looked up to the tree’s branches to see Harmony’s manifestation sitting on a branch which looked to be sprouting a new set of branches on it with a new faints gem forming in the colour black, the gemstones shape seemingly having not taken form yet.

“Harmony, I presume,” Daybreaker said with a curt and polite nod.

“Whatever gave it away? Was it the big tree I’m sitting on or can Shade here not keep a secret very well?” Harmony asked.

“It’s that something that we heard people say,” Daybreaker said.

Harmony looked at them confused until it clicked. “You took a pot shot, didn’t you?”

Daybreaker chuckled and told her to not worry. “Sometimes, people and ponies get it on the first shot.”

“Even if it only from loose clues, I mean seriously you are sitting on the ‘Tree of Harmony’ in a place very few people from this world know off. They didn’t really have many people to guess from,” Shade pointed out.

“I suppose you are right,” Harmony responded with a sigh. “I suppose you both want to know why we asked you down here.”

“That would be a start,” Sombra said.

“Okay, I think it would be best if I start,” Shade responded. “I think I personally need to thank you both for everything you did for me, from my visit one-thousand years ago to you're world and all of your help today. I honestly feel like I’ve done almost nothing to help you in return and the fact of how difficult it is for me to reach you in an emergency if you needed me.”

“It’s fine. We’re a resource for you and honestly, you’ve got a team or two to raise,” Sombra said.

Shade then sighed before he said, “Why do you see yourselves as a resource to this world. I don’t want that to be how you are viewed between worlds, nor is that how I see you or your help.”

“It’s not how we’re viewed, it’s the truth. But also, we are friends to you, so don’t worry about it,” Daybreaker said.

“You realise if you were not guests, I would slap you for even suggesting that being the truth,” Harmony responded. “You and everyone you send here, are more than a resource for us, your very presence here made it so we could help everyone that was in trouble earlier.

“I know. “Resource” is a term we choose as it does symbolise a part of our relation,” Sombra said.

“Well then, stop referring to yourselves like that, you lot are more than that too him,” Harmony admitted pointing to Shade.

“True,” they chuckled.

“Let's just get back to why we asked you down here,” Shade responded as he shook his head.

“That would be for the best,” Harmony responded, “luckily one of the gates is almost functional, all we need is their help.”

“Alright,” Sombra said.

“Okay, In simple terms for what I want to offer, is an essence to tie our worlds together into a linked system, Harmony’s found a way we could possibly link our two realities to a single time frame without the direct use of my token, and it would allow us to enter each other's worlds whenever we want without issues.”

“That would work out to both benefits,” Sombra said.

“In what ways do you think it will benefit you?” Harmony asked curiously.

“Simple, it’d allow for something called Cross Training and even a backup team or singular Ranger/Rider if needed,” Sombra said.

“To be fair in the case of the Rider’s I think that's needed,” Shade responded with a smirk.

“There’s that and also, it’ll allow us to have new terrains to test ourselves on,” Sombra added.

“I feel like most terrains I could offer would be the same as your own,” Shade admitted.

“Not really,” Daybreaker said. “Remember, a lot of makeups are different.”

“True, and I do modify the Everfree’s terrain whenever I wish,” Harmony added.

“That does present a challenge,” Daybreaker said.

“That's an understatement Harmony, you filled in the crevice that surrounded the castle in a few hours easily enough.”

“Well, you’d hardly be able to build a house on a massive hole in the ground,” Harmony responded.

“True,” they replied.

“There was something I was wondering though, is it even possible for a team based around different ‘rangers’ work? I mean would they even be able to form anything together?” Harmony asked.

“The Super Sentai or Power Rangers can form a giant robot with theirs. Generally, Super Sentai has their own teams, but we have done deals were each team gives up a ranger to form a new team that can work together. Generally, each Ranger brings that Sentai Team’s fighting style to the new team,” Sombra said. “Example. ToQ1ger and ShiroNinger have been together on a team and have shown other members their fighting styles.”

“I see, so you are saying it’s possible for it to work,” Harmony responded calmly.

“Yes. Also, It is a benefit to having a secondary team, in case one or more problems arise,” Sombra said. “Also, it’ll spread the load.”

“I think she more was referring to the fact idea of finding a group of capable people who could work together, and also the prospect of a permanent team of which a mix of Riders and Rangers would work under one banner,” Shade clarified.

“That can be tricky,” Sombra said. “Unless we have some kind of lead or possible person/persons/pony/ponies to help.”

“Well, there was that figure one-thousand years ago who saved my ass… but he’s likely long gone,” Shade admitted

“Have his name?” Sombra asked.

“Nope, all I saw was his suit before he said he’d handle it and to go after the monster that was trying to assist Nightmare Moon,” Shade admitted.

“Do you remember what the suit looked like?” Daybreaker asked.

“Umm… I remember an orange scorpion motif… and he had a scorpion tail… and that's all I remember, I'm afraid,” Shade admitted.

“That is interesting,” Sombra said. “I’d ask more questions, but I’m afraid I’d get no straight answers.”

“You know just as much as me sadly,” Shade responded with a shrug of his shoulders.

“That’s fine,” Sombra said.

“For now, I think we should sort why I asked three of you down here before he goes off track again,” Harmony interrupted, “Do you want to tether our worlds to each other or not?”

“Yes, let us tend to that matter right now,” Sombra said.

“Are you both sure you want this, I’d rather be sure considering if some villain from you're world got access to the way we’ll link our worlds, it could cause chaos here. Which I am sure you could both have guessed,” Harmony responded.

“While that is a concern, we have an idea. Ever heard of a hidden access point?” Daybreaker asked.

“Trust me, we’ll be fine this end, I can seal off all paths to me whenever I wish I just create an endless labyrinth to keep anyone away from our end of the portal, it’s just wherever you set your link we need to worry about… once we create something to act as a tether, admittedly we’ll use his Token as ours which is simple enough,” Harmony admitted.

“That is true,” Sombra said.

“But the question is what will you use as youe tethers? And do you reside in the same location where you live?

“We reside in our Castle and we have an unused room that we can use as a portal room,” Daybreaker said.

“I see, that makes that easier, so particular object you’ll be using?”

“There’s a mirror in there, so we can use that,” Daybreaker said.

“She means an object, the mirror would be the access point between the worlds, she needs an object that would act as a physical link between them.”

“As for objects, there are old books, if that works,” Sombra said.

“It very well could, do you have one on you for us to use for this purpose?” Harmony asked.

“I do,” Sombra said.

“I guess that’s good, you wouldn’t mind getting them out so we can sort this?” Harmony asked as two podiums appeared infront of her.

Sombra produced the book and placed it on one of the podiums while Shade created a new copy of his Token and placed it on the other. The two then backed up and let Harmony do her work as both objects began to glow in a white light as they both lifted from the podiums slowly turning in the air.

After a few moments the light subsided as a faint prismatic glow moved over both objects as they were lowered back onto the podiums as Harmony said, “they should both be linked now, I would tell one of you to take the book back and place it where you’ll put it while we do the same to test if it worked.”

Sombra agreed and headed back to his castle for the test. Once in position, Shade pulled the token out for the test as harmony moved to podium in front of one of the arches before she placed the linked token onto as faded golden light moved towards the arch from the podium lighting up the runes on the arch.

After a few moments, each of the runes began to glow in a similar golden colour to the runes light as a golden portal formed inside the arch which shimmered and rippled like water before harmony said, “looks like the portal’s working on our end.”

“Works on my end,” Sombra’s voice said as it came through the portal before five seconds later, he stepped through the archway.

“And you can walk through it easily enough as well,” Harmony responded, “and you didn’t come out this side covered in soot… or maybe you did who knows.”

“Funny,” Sombra said. “Then again, I see why Shade has you around.”

“And pray tell why is that?” Harmony asked.

“He needs to have his mood lightened,” Sombra said as Shade shot him a semi-dirty look, knowing that it was partially true.

“Well even if that was a reason, I am keeping the creatures of the Everfree in check for him along with keeping everyone he brings here safe… or should I bring a cockatrice here? I’m sure this place could use a Sombra shaped statue in the gardens” Harmony responded glaring at Sombra.

Sombra chuckled and Harmony saw he was giving her a hard time. To see someone who was normally very stoic, calculating and planning be teasing loosened up the atmosphere.

“So… before I do end up throwing you back through the portal, I want to ask you something, do either of you have any words of wisdom for Shade on making an effective team for either Rangers, Riders or even a mix of them?”

“I’d suggest having him looking at the teams and from there, let him assess each ranger in that team and after he’s done that, whichever speaks to him in terms of versatility and reliability is the one he should go for,” Sombra said.

“Well, that barely means a thing right now, he only has that one that attacked, and I for one do not trust him.”

“Here’s something, I can show him how to do it,” Sombra said. “Plus, it’ll be a diving board for him.”

Harmony thought about it and turned to Shade, who seemed to be thinking the proposition over, before he simply sighed before stating, “I think I can handle that don’t worry.”.

“Alright,” Sombra said.

Harmony turned and asked, “Shade, should we have him at least start us?”

“No offence Harmony, but at this moment he can’t really help much… apart from explaining how that transformation thing the Ranger had works?”

Sombra chuckled and after Shade gave him space, he brought his morpher up and shouted “Yami No 0gou!” and the two watched the transformation taking form before their very eyes, even giving Shade a bit of a surprise.

“Umm, where did that tiny, I assume toy train come from?” Shade asked.

“And why was there a large white circle encompassing the entire castle?” Harmony added.

“All part of the transformation,” Sombra said. “Now stay behind the white line, in other words, stay in here, otherwise you will be hit by the train.”

“...Why do I feel sorry for anyone who’s inside the line but not next to you?” Shade responded nervously.

“You don’t need to be,” Sombra said. “You just need to listen to the monsters being crushed.”

“And that really makes it sound dangerous was any bystanders that weren’t aware of it,” Harmony added.

Sombra chuckled, “Don’t worry about that, the innocent civilians know of us and know what to look out for. Pursuing monsters aren’t as up to date on that.”

“And you think that went for those here, who have never seen you?” Harmony responded, “luckily nobody got injured and it passed through the Ganma safely but still.”

“As our worlds linked,” Sombra said. “It allowed for those who are allies to be spared. The ToQger’s trains will never harm an ally.”

“And the day they do harm someone?”

“The day they harm someone is the day an enemy attempts to storm the castle.*

Shade and Harmony looked to each other before Harmony said, “That really doesn’t inspire confidence, in that not being a rare case of something happening.”

Sombra could only chuckle at this before he said, “Leave us to not worry about that for the moment.”

“I guess so,” Harmony responded seeming unsure about what Sombra had said.

Sombra finished his transformation into Yami No 0gou and bowed.

“So that's it?” Harmony asked.

“Yes,” Yami No 0gou said.

“I honestly expected more,” Harmony added sounding disappointed.

He chuckled, then said, “It’s alright.”

It was then Harmony stopped and paused before she said, “Shade… I think one of the people from the train has regained consciousness, maybe you should see that that sooner rather than later.”

“That would be a good idea,” Yami No 0gou said.

“I suppose that would be for the best… you three think you can sort things out between you while I check on them?” Shade asked curiously.

“We can,” Yami said.

“Okay, hopefully, I’ll catch up with you both in a bit,” Shade responded with a smile as he began to walk back up the stairs.

They nodded and turned to tend to matters of importance. Shade made it upstairs and into the castle’s medical ward.