• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 891 Views, 5 Comments

Sweetie Belle - Pinkieappleflutter



Rarity's little sister ran away many moons ago. Now, after gaining her title as the Element of Generosity, Rarity must face her greatest foe.

  • ...
 5
 891

The 'Graveyard'

Author's Note:

I felt like Sweetie Belle's story was incomplete, so I added another chapter. I hope you enjoy!!

Dark, musky, cloudy. That was the morning Sweetie Belle was placed in her graveyard, she already in her tomb. She looked angry, spiteful, in a battle stance and waiting for her chance to fire at her opponents. Celestia looked upon her tomb with purpose and understanding, the mist and early morning due adding to the scenery. And then, all at once, she walked away. As the day passed, Sweetie's tomb was looked upon by ponies passing by and cleaned by the workers, and gawked at by fillies and colts.

The statue had no consciousness. But if it did, the pony would not be happy. It stood next to three statues. One, a mare holding a flag on her hind legs. Two, a stallion soldier holding a face of justice. Three, a creature of many parts. It's face filled with fear and its body language enforcing it. But the statue of the angry mare was the only one that had bouquets brought to it. Bouquets of white lilies and and pink spirea with light green tissue paper wrapped around them. Ponies never saw who would place them there, but every week, without fail, a bouquet would be lying there, beneath the statue. In the winter it would be cherry blossoms and water lilies. It would be the same for years until they stopped showing up, but the statue remained. It remained untouched by the elements and years of exposure to them. That one and the creature were the only ones unharmed by the years they were in the graveyard of statues.

Some speculated that it was because these two were connected in some way. It would make sense, Fear looked at Anger and she looked at him. Others believed that Anger and Fear were just placed beside each other and it was simply a coincidence that they looked to be facing each other. When asked, the beloved sisters would simply shrug and recall a time of darkness changed by the Elements of Harmony. Nonetheless, ponies were intrigued by the two statues. Poetry and stories were created that they inspired. Later, legends and fables. And Anger carried on in her graveyard spite of it all.

The graveyard was one where ponies often visited. It was a place of learning, not death. Anger would come to know adoration again. But instead of flowers of white and pink, flowers would be a multitude of colours. And not just one, but hundreds daily. Anger, along with Fear, changed ponies lives when told their stories of bravery, or longing, or loyalty, or betrayal, or so on. She, if conscious, would be happy to know how loved she was. Ponies took her stories to heart and fought for them. All because she was placed in the graveyard. She never left the graveyard either. Even after countless had bagged for her to be moved to the center of town, the princesses would refused and left her there.

Eventually, movies and T.V shows were created based on her stories and characters based upon what ponies thought she was. And all had a new found love for Anger and Fear, for it was in the movies and shows as well. And because of the T.V shows and movies, names were finally given to them. Anger was renamed Cold Heart and Fear was Jitters. They lived on forever in the graveyard. As legends, as heroes, as villains, as characters on T.V.. Cold Heart, having no actual passed, was a great tool for showing the rights and wrongs of ponykind. Being shown as the hero sometimes and the villain other times, showed ponies, especially foals, humility and that the world isn't as black and white as they might think. Cold Heart stood the test of time and her beloved fans visited graveyard every chance they got.

They would speculate what kind of pony she was and the theorist on the internet gave in depth analysis to who she was using her statue as proof. Some would say she was a good pony because the way she was built, it looked as though her stance was in self defence. Others would argue that she was a bad pony because how her hooves were placed it seemed like an attack stance. And when Humans integrated into pony culture, ponies would tell the legends of Cold Heart and Jitters. That was, of course, very confusing to the humans because there existed too many inconsistencies in a story compared to another. And when visiting the graveyard, they would often wonder how these legends started, never getting a direct answer. Not knowing that it all started with a single bouquet every week with pink and white flowers wrapped in cucumber green tissue paper.

The humans would sit in wonder of the pony made of stone, questioning how she became so popular. This Cold Heart that every pony deemed 'special' and stood in the graveyard of stone. They didn't understand the long and involved history of these statues. And nor would they ever because the ponies didn't truly understand. But there she was, Cold Heart, in all her glory. Not realizing that the mare inside was no pony to cheer for. For over two hundred years ago, she was a dangerous, unknown criminal that threatened the progression ponies were experiencing. But Cold Heart never told a soul of who she really was. Nor had she recounted her days on the run from monsters and other, more hostile, ponies. And the zebras that tried to take her for ransom. She was as silent as stone in the graveyard.

Lost in a shroud of lies, and buried deep beneath the surface of reality, Cold Heart continued to be a symbol of humility. Her stories out living the stories of the Bearers of Harmony past and present. Including the ones that put her there. But the Elements of Harmony were never connected to Cold Heart's past. Why would they? The elements were only used for real life threats. And she was only a threat on T.V and in movies. As well as a hero, but she was never seen wearing an element either.

Thus, Cold Heart out lived and continued to live on through out ponies' and even eventually humans' lives. Leaving the memory of Sweetie Belle and those who loved her, and those who caged her, long ago.

Comments ( 2 )

....what just happened? Im so confused. I feel like that all went by way too fast. I feel like you had something cool there but you rushed though it way to fast.

Don't worry, I did it on purpose. It was meant to symbolize the passage of time and how fast it goes, at least in the viewpoint of a statue.

It also symbolizes how quickly something small, like a bouquet of flowers, can influence something huge, like movies.

Login or register to comment