• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 885 Views, 5 Comments

Sweetie Belle - Pinkieappleflutter



Rarity's little sister ran away many moons ago. Now, after gaining her title as the Element of Generosity, Rarity must face her greatest foe.

  • ...
 5
 885

Sweetie Belle

Rarity looked into her eyes. They were cold, calculating, concerning to ones who once knew her. "Rarity? What are you doing? Can I help?" Rarity tried to shake the memory of her sister out of her head because this was no time for sentiments. The mare before her and her friends was no sister of her's. This mare wore a red coat that had a pentagram where her cutie mark should have been. She stood with a firm regalness that seemed stiff and unforgiving. Her eyes, though once so soft and full of life were now tired and hard. "Rarity? Can we play? I want to play house!" "Yes, just as soon as I'm finished my chores. We don't want Mom and Dad to be mad, do we?" "Who are you?" Twilight asked, readying her horn. It was only a month ago when Rarity had met Twilight and befriended her, Apple Jack, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow, whom she had casual conversations before then.

She wore it now, the piece of jewelry bestowed upon her because she was the embodiment of what it represented, generosity. A trait lost to the ponies of this world. No pony was as generous as Rarity because she decided to break away from rudeness and indecency and become generous. The same can be said for her friends. Every pony stopped smiling, every pony stopped being honest, every pony stopped kindness, every pony stopped trying to learn new things and stopped magic lessons after a certain age, and every pony stopped being loyal. That is why her and her friends were held in such high regard. They were bringing it back! And that is why Sweetie was standing before them then.

“Who am I?” the mare asked, snide. “I am here to stop this. Whatever you’re doing isn’t going to work. I’ve seeked out the elements, and I tell you now that these are not them. Stop this foolish mission of peace, because I refuse to live in that world where I can’t thrive but shrivel,” Sweetie explained. She stood in confidence. She knew her mission, and she was adamant about stopping them. ”When I grow up, I want to change the world!” “Oh, I believe in you, Sweetie dear, but don’t become overconfident. You’ll get stared at in the streets.” Rarity tried to think of something else to let her focus on the threat at hand.

“Not the real elements? We stopped Discord with these bad boys! Even Nightmare Moon!” Rainbow explained, showing her necklace off to Sweetie.

“What?” She looked stunned.

“Yeah! Didn’t you know, Silly?” asked Pinkie.

“Where have you been to not know who we are, or what we’re capable of?” Twilight questioned.

Rarity dared not to say a word. Though she too didn’t know where her sister went, and was curios about it, Rarity felt that Sweetie would become hostile if she realised that one of the Elements was beared by her sister, if she didn’t make the connection before. ”Come play with me!” No, she dared not speak to her.

“I? I was everywhere. I traveled all over this planet. Beyond Equestria, there are places where Nightmare Moon herself would be a minor disturbance compared to these of what I saw,” she explained.

“Why go so far?” Twilight asked.

“To become powerful in magic. Arkain and beyond. More powerful than your precious princesses and smarter than the one they called Star Swirl,” Sweetie explained.

“What is the purpose of doing this?” Rarity blurted.

Sweetie shot daggers with her eyes at her sister. “Rarity. I thought that was you.” ”Peek-a-boo!! My turn to hide, Rarity!”

“Sweetie, I-” Rarity said, but couldn’t find the words to continue to speak.

“Rarity. You know this mare?” Apple Jack questioned.

“No. She knows only the shadow of who I was. But I became powerful. I did it so that I could change Equestria. Change this dump of a town. I’ve seen this world. I know what selfishness and greed and hate does to you. I am your only salvation,” Sweetie explained, grinning.

“Sweetie. What happened to you?” Rarity asked, desperation in her voice.

”I just want to know of a better life, that’s all,”

“I grew up,” Sweetie replied.

Rarity looked around at all her friends. They were all glaring. Sweetie Belle posed a threat that not even Twilight could see, and that scared them. Fluttershy started talking to Sweetie, but all Rarity could do was look at her. Rarity knew that she was dangerous, but would she bare the consequence of what the elements could have done to her?

“Please, do the smart thing! Don’t make us hurt you,” Spike said, who had been hiding behind Twilight the entire time.

“Please? Us?” Sweetie sneered. “The lat time I checked you weren’t wearing a necklace so you are no match for me, dragon!” She said lighting up her horn.

In an instant Twilight reacted. She summoned the spell to activate the elements and Rarity felt herself be raised up by the spell and the magic in her gem charge up with magic. Fear consumed her. She didn’t know how to respond, but as soon as she could find the strength to shout, it was all over. She stood there stunned. For there, lying in the street was none other than her sister encased with stone. ”I love you, Rarity, I’m going to miss you in my travels.” “Please, no formalities. Now go before Mother and Father see you.” She stood as frozen as her sister.

“I - I can’t believe it,” Rarity stammered.

“What? Fluttershy asked.

“What’s wrong, Rarity?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“She - she was my - my -” Rarity couldn’t bring herself to say it. Instead, she collapsed and cried openly in front of her friends.

~~~~

“Is Rarity going to be okay?” Spike asked. It was a full week after the defeat of Sweetie Belle and only Red Heart had seen her. Nopony else was allowed to.

“She’s starting to cope with it, though I’d give her another, oh, year or two to finally come to grips with it. But that is the bare minimum. It could, indeed, take a lot more time,” Red Heart explained. “In the meantime, I’ll be feeding her, and doing all that myself until she decides that she want’s to eat and have other social interactions with other ponies,” Red Heart continued.

“I see,” Spike said, sadly.

“It’s going to be okay, Spike. Trust me. If she spent her entire youth around ponies like we were, than she can cope with this,” Red Heart assured.

“I just worry about her,” Spike explained.

“We all do, dear,” Red Heart said, patting him on the head and walking away.

Spike walked in the direction of the library, dismayed and heart broken. “How is she?” Rainbow Dash asked, seeing Spike.

“She’s starting to cope with it, but she is still locked up in her boutique,” Spike explained, a tear falling from his face. Only about two month previous would Spike be kicked out of the town for showing his emotions but ever since the Elements of Harmony resurfaced, ponies were slowly learning to accept pain and tears along with any other emotion like that.

They embraced each other. “I feel so guilty,” Rainbow admitted.

“I do too,” Spike explained.