• Published 31st May 2017
  • 1,596 Views, 1 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Friendship Club - Kaos4EQ



Stange occurrences are happening across the town of Canterlot. It is up to the Rainbooms to stop these magical phenomenas with the help of some friends both from Equestria and CHS.

  • ...
 1
 1,596

A New Student at CHS

Chapter 1: A New Student at CHS

A week after that fateful night, and all is still well in the town of Canterlot. Shops open their doors to eager shoppers, cars travel down the many streets, the local park is full of cyclists and kite flying children, everyone young and old continues with their daily routines across town.

At the center of town lies Canterlot High School, or CHS for short by the students who attend the campus. This well-known school appears almost like a majestic castle to the passerby, and yet it is filled with numerous classrooms and facilities that any other school would have. At its entrance, a beautiful marble white statue of the school’s mascot stands before the front door as students of all personalities gather around to hang out and spend time together. Some students would take the time studying together while others would play board games or cards with their friends. Girls would read a magazine and talk about the latest social trends. Techies would have their gaming counsels out and face each other in virtual PvP matches. Boys and sporty Jocks take time to pass a spinning football back and forth. Music loving Rockers would play their favorite instruments and either be writing new pieces of music or entertaining their gathered friends. This scene of fellowship goes to prove how close, happy, and friendly the campus of CHS has truly become.

During this time one student has been standing in front the school statue for quite some time. She has long and fiery crimson and yellow hair with dazzling cyan eyes. Her clothing attire includes a signature black leather jacket with a cyan dress shirt to match her eyes and long blue jean pants with matching black and orange leather boots. Her name was Sunset Shimmer and she has been attending CHS for some months now. But in truth, she is a unicorn pony from the magical world of Equestria who escaped to this new human to start anew. It is also thanks to a certain Princess Twilight Sparkle that she lives happily in this world, knowing about the magic of friendship.

Sunset gazed into the bright, blue sky as she continued to wait at the steps of the statue. She is expecting a good friend of her to arrive and who plans to transfer to CHS for the semester. In many ways, she is looking forward to spending some time together with her and the other girls. Speaking of which, as she continued to stand and wait, her mobile phone began to buzz uncontrollably in her backpack. It was a call from one of her friends in this human world, Applejack.

Sunset picked up the phone and tapped the answer button, “Hey AJ,” she answered.

“Howdy Sunset,” Applejack replies, “I was wondering how much longer you were planning on waiting for her. First period is almost about to start.” She was right, as Sunset looked around she saw students walking towards the school doors.

“Not much longer,” Sunset reaffirms, “She should be here any minute now, but you know how it is. I mean, it’s not like I can just call her and ask where she is.”

AJ slightly chuckles, “Ha, yeah. Well, get here as soon as y’all can, Fluttershy and I are eager to see her too.”

“Okay AJ, and thanks for the heads up,” Sunset replies before hanging up her phone. Suddenly, a bright flash catches the corner of her eye. At that moment, she spots her friend.

~

It is first period and Ms. Cheerilee’s class is bustling with commotion. Everyone in class has apparently heard about the new transfer student who was to join their class. Amongst them was Applejack and Fluttershy, two very well-known students at CHS and Sunset’s friends.

As the students continued to chatter, Ms. Cheerilee steps into the classroom. “Okay everyone, settle down,” Cheerilee cheerfully dictates, “Now I know you’re all excited about meeting our newest student…”

Just as she continues to speak, she is suddenly interrupted by the class door opening with Sunset Shimmer nervously walking through the entryway.

“Good Morning Ms. Cheerilee,” Sunset greets, “Sorry if I’m late, I was just waiting to help show the new transfer student the way to class.”

“Oh,” Cheerilee exclaims, “Well if that is the case, then that was very considerate of you to help Sunset.” While Sunset takes her seat, Cheerilee continues, “Class please join me in welcoming our newest student.”

As the students turned their faces toward the door, they see a young girl standing in the hallway. She had curly purple hair with notable aquamarine highlights and pale violet eyes. She wore a pink beanie hat, a pink and green shirt, a black vest, grey pants, and black and pink boots. She obviously appeared slightly nervous as everyone was looking right at her.

“Everyone,” Cheerilee adds, “This is Starlight Glimmer.”

~

The hallways of CHS are filled with different students from many walks of life. But even so, the same friendly atmosphere of CHS was present as students chatted away, discussing plans for after school, recent social trends, homework, classes, etc.

Walking down the busy corridor, Starlight, Sunset, Applejack, and Fluttershy were busy conversing about how Starlight and Princess Twilight were doing in the magical world of Equestria. Starlight had just finished mentioning about how she met her latest friend, Lightning Dust, and Twilight’s last visit to the Crystal Empire.

“Golly,” Applejack exclaims, “Definitely sounds like y’all were very busy over in Equestria. But we’re mighty glad you could come visit us again. You even managed to transfer into CHS!”

“Yeah, this will be my first time actually experiencing high school,” Starlight replies, “It’s very exciting. Plus, Twilight didn’t get the full experience herself, so she wants me to report my time her for research.” She then notices that Fluttershy has had her face away turned from her, seemingly lost in thought. Starlight asks, “Something wrong Fluttershy?”

“Oh, it’s just,” Fluttershy subtly comments, “You didn’t mention why you were coming to CHS. Why did Twilight, I mean, your world’s Twilight want you to come to CHS Starlight?”

Starlight’s smile slowly dropped as she replies, “I’m sorry, I thought you knew- “

“Knew what?” Applejack asks.

“Don’t worry about it,” Sunset affirms the group, “we can talk about it during lunchtime. Right now, we should focus on getting Starlight settled in. Anyways, here’s your locker.” Sunset points at the locker that is just next to hers, “I asked Principal Celestia to reserve it while you are here.”

“Thanks Sunset,” Starlight replies, “And don’t worry girls, I will explain everything to you at lunch.” But looking confused, she sheepley asks, “Um, where are we meeting again?”

“At the soccer field,” Sunset answers, “It’s on your first left and should be just down the hall.”

“Right then, we’ll see ya at lunch Starlight!” says Applejack as she, Sunset, and Fluttershy head to their next classes.

“Okay,” Starlight replies, “See ya later.” Starlight opens her green, metal locker and begins to place the books she brought into the small storage space. She only brought about three books, one on Starswirl’s magical experiments and theories while the other two discussed myths and legends of Equestria’s past. Starlight had hoped to bring more info to help her on this trip, but Twilight reaffirmed her that the three would suffice. After all, she had another native from Equestria to help in case things got weird in the magical sense.

After Starlight had finally transferred the last of her Equestrian books into her locker, she begins to make her way to her second period class. Unfortunately, even in this world, she fails to watch where she is going as she suddenly crashes into a student who walked right into her path.

“I’m so sorry,” Starlight apologizes, “My fault, I should’ve watched where I was going-,” she stops when a hand is placed suddenly on hers as she reaches for her textbook. The abrupt sensation causes her to look up at the student she almost ran over. He was a young man with spikey sapphire blue hair that was combed to the back and had similar light blue eyes. He wore a leather jacket, just like Sunset, and long blue jeans. Judging by his surprised look, he too was startled by their hands instant meeting.

“It’s fine,” the young man replies, “I’m used to it by now.” He extends his hands to help Starlight up from off the floor and helps to collect the remaining textbooks. Taking a good look at her, he adds, “I’m gonna guess that you’re new to CHS.”

“Uh, y-yes,” Starlight answers, “It’s my first day. I’m actually heading to my next class: Biology. I heard it’s really fun.” Embarrassingly, she mentions, “The only problem is, I have no idea where the class is.”

“Well lucky for you that’s my next class too,” the young man states, “I can show you where it is if you like.”

“Sounds great,” Starlight replies as she extends her hand to shake, “My name’s Starlight Glimmer. What’s yours?”

Looking at her amusingly, he proceeds to shake her hand and replies, “My name is Flash Sentry. But you can call me Flash.”

Author's Note:

This is my first story in a while and I will eventually be editing the text. Please comment if you can, I appreciate feedback. Hope you guys like the story! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 1 )

Looking at her amusingly, he proceeds to shake her hand and replies, “My name is Flash Sentry. But you can call me Flash.”

OH COME ON!!!

Login or register to comment