• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 907 Views, 10 Comments

So Far From Home - Mr_Anderson



The aftermath of a spell teleports Matthew to Equestria, but can something be this good be real?

  • ...
0
 10
 907

Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Where Am I?

“Where am I?” Matthew was confused. The last thing he remembered was the sphere of light and then blacking out. Was this the result of the teleportation spell? He wondered. Was this some kind of world that the book mentioned? Matthew had so many questions that needed to be answered.

Suddenly, he heard voices coming towards him. “Hurry up, Applejack, it’s right over here!” “I’m coming, Applebloom, and what was it you saw again?” “I don’t know and I figured you would!”

Matthew quickly looked around for a place to hide. In the trees? No. Didn’t have enough time. In a bush? The bushes were too small. Crap. He thought. The voices were almost on top of him now. Just act friendly and don’t do anything stupid! He braced himself as the two figures arrived.

As they came in to view the older one gasped. The horse was about four and a half feet tall, had a light orange coat, and blonde mane. She also wore a cowboy hat. “Hi there mah name’s Applejack, what’s yer’s?” the taller of the two said nervously. Matthew instantly took notice of her southern accent and the fact that these horses could speak English.

“ I’m Matthew and since when did horses speak English?”

“Ponies,” the “pony” named Applejack instantly said. “It’s ponies, not horses.”
“Oh.” said Matthew.

“So what are you exactly?” asked Applejack.

“I would like to say the same to you, but you asked first, so I’ll answer.” “ I’m something called a human being, or in scientific terms a Homo sapiens. I come from a place called planet Earth.”

“ But that’s impossible!” exclaimed Applejack. “We’re on Earth right now!”

“What?” Matthew was confused. This was earth? It couldn’t be. Unless it was some alternate universe, or Planet of the Apes happened but with ponies.

“Well I sure as hay don’t know who yer are but I do know somepony that might be able to help.” Applejack said. “But we’re probably gonna put you in the farm house so that nopony sees ya.”

“Okay, and just one more question.” Matthew asked. “Just where the heck am I, exactly?”

“Yer in the land of Equestria of course!”

Matthew sighed, he had no idea where he was but he strangely felt welcome here. It was like he knew he would fit in. After viewing his options he finally said, “Let’s go.”

“Okay then, we’ll take you around back so that nopony sees ya.”

As Matthew followed Applejack through the sweet smelling orchard, he thought about what he was going to say to his parents. Then again, he didn’t even know how he was going to get home.

They hurried in to the painted brick farmhouse and quickly closed the door behind them. “Okay now, I’m gonna put you in the closet,” said Applejack.

“What?” Matthew gave her the WTH look.

“I don’t want any other pony to see ya.”

Matthew thought about the decision for a second and then said “Fine, but this better be quick, I’m not a fan of enclosed spaces.” He entered the dark closet, which was filled with assorted farm tools and such.

“I’ll be right back, okay? I’m going to get a friend of mine named Twilight. She might be able to help you.”

“Promise?” asked Matthew with a concerned look on his face.

“Promise,” confirmed Applejack. With that, Applejack closed the closet door.

Okay, now I have something called a human in my closet. Was the first thought that went through Applejack. I really need to get Twilight. “Applebloom, make sure that nopony sees him okay?” “Yes ma’am” said Applebloom with a salute. And with that Applejack ran off to get her good friend.

After about 10 minutes Applejack reached the library. She let herself in and saw Twilight at the front desk. “Twilight!”

“Oh, hi Applejack. What’s going on?”

“I really need your help right now!” said Applejack.

“What happened?”

“I found something on the farm, but I have no clue what the hay it is and I need you to identify it for me!”

“Well I’m kinda working right now, but I think I can leave Spike in charge,” said Twilight.

“Thanks so much, sugar cube, I’m sure you’ll be able to help.” With that, Twilight called Spike and she and Applejack sped off to the ranch.

Matthew fidgeted nervously in the dark musty closet. Are they here yet? Matthew thought to himself. “Ugh.” The enclosed space was finally starting to get to him. While he was waiting he had heard a lot of the other ponies outside. He assumed that Applebloom also had a big brother. What was the name again? He couldn’t remember, but he did know he didn’t speak that much. Pretty soon he heard Applejack’s voice again. She came back! A wave of relief went through him. Matthew hoped that her friend Twilight could help him.

Twilight. What kind of name was that anyway? It sounded rather hippieish.
Then again, Applejack was a kind of alcoholic drink.

As the voices got closer he could hear the voice of the pony that must have been Twilight. “So what does it look like?” the voice said.

“It’s similar to an ape,” replied Applejack.

An ape! Matthew knew for a fact that he was not hairy, smelly, and picked bugs out of other people’s hair and ate them!

He quickly opened out the door to tell Applejack that he did not look anything like an ape, but the moment he opened the door he realized his mistake. The purple unicorn just stared at him, mouth open with shock. Slowly she closed her mouth.

“I’m gonna get this reaction a lot today, aren’t I,” Matthew said.

“Yes, I do believe that is a reaction that you will be receiving throughout the day. Oh, and by the way, my name is Twilight Sparkle.”

The pony unicorn that was apparently Twilight Sparkle had a light purple coat. Her mane and tail were a dark indigo color with a purple pink stripe running through it.

“Well, it appears to me we have a lot to talk about, Ms. Sparkle. You did come to help me right?”

Twilight gave him a nod yes.

“Then let’s start by telling you about where I’m from.”

For the next hour or so Matthew and Twilight talked about each other’s homes. The purple unicorn was quite interested in Earth, well, at least the technology and society of Matthew’s version of Earth.

Matthew also learned a lot. Twilight told him how the country was founded, and how it was ruled. There were apparently three types of ponies in Equestria: Earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns. She even told about some of her exciting adventures with her friends as they fought against Discord, Nightmare Moon, and Queen Chrysalis with her changeling army. By lunchtime, Matthew, Applejack, and Twilight had become good friends. Eventually, Matthew met Applejack’s family. At first they all kind of stared at him, but quickly welcomed him warmly with lunch and the best apple pie Matthew had ever tasted. Well, this is turning out rather nicely. Maybe this place is the answer to my wish, he thought to himself, and then continued to laugh with the other members of the Apple Family.

Comments ( 7 )
M E

Okay, there's not too many problems with this story apart from pacing and realism. Because seriously.

“I would like to say the same to you, but you asked first, so I’ll answer.” “ I’m something called a human being, or in scientific terms a Homo sapiens. I come from a place called planet Earth.”

Who the hell talks like that?

I don't really know, but I kinda wanted him to sound formal in his introduction because its like there aliens to him right? He doesn't want to die on first contact. I will also work on my pacing.905207

905207 That is how I talk to everyone normally.

1816950 wow... how did you find my story? Can you give me some feed back on it?

I was searching for a human story, and I just saw this, so I went out on a whim and decided to read it. It was interesting to read.

DEAD AF, put a tombstone on this bitch

Login or register to comment