• Published 25th May 2017
  • 812 Views, 34 Comments

The Lunar Engineer - Randomfastreader



Luna becomes an Engineer in a world where war is more common, she is now left once the carribou takeover canterlot to regain it.

  • ...
3
 34
 812

the first long one

11,000 cars, or 16.5 miles long.

The longest train ever hauled EVER! (i don’t think it’s actually been done.)

And Luna was pulling it, it took a half a mile just to take out the slack!

However for the new engine it was nothing.

Additionally for reference as luna drives this train she will start talking to herself just to double check things.

(Manehatten departing)

“Engine temp 300 degrees, power generated 12 mega watts, sand on, coffee on, lights on, whistle check, throttle level one.”

Luna cracks the throttle, and the train starts going forwards very slowly, but slowly starts to pick up speed. “Trying whistle”

Luna hits the horn button and a very loud horn sound comes from the engine. It sounds like thunder rolling over the landscape. Luna lets out two short blasts, and proceeds on her way.

She checks all the informational things and then notices there is a green light ahead, however the back of her train is not even close to being out of the yard.

When she finally gets it out of the yard she increases the throttle to notch five, and the train immediately starts speeding up to 20 miles per hour, considering the speed limit was 100 in this section she then pushed the throttle up to notch thirty, and the train reacted instantly, the train lurched forwards, and in three seconds it was up to 100 miles per hour.

“Holy ##### if this train goes this fast at this power level with this long of a train, the trains I could haul.”

After a few hours of watching the land scape roll by luna was approaching Canterlot, and was beginning to slow down. However there was a problem. She was applying the breaks but nothing was happening, she looked at the pressure gauge and saw that the resovaour was full, she then checked the linkage connecting the handle to the brake valve and surely enough it looked like it was snapped off, luna at this point was confused, but as she was hurtling towards Canterlot she knew she had no time to waste, she first tried the independent brake but it was the same as the air brake, now she was really scared, she shoved the dynamic brake on, after cutting the throttle, and the train did nothing, luna now surveyed her options, she had two, either try reversing it, or go with the electromagnetic brake, she tried reversing it but the screen came up with a message that said “train in motion gear switching not allowed” so luna went straight for the big boy, the electromagnetic brake, it even had a label that said

ONLY FOR EMERGENCY USE OR PARKING, NEVER USE AT HIGH SPEED

naturally luna was still traveling at ninety miles per hour so she was fairly up there in the speed category, but she had no choice, she quickly pulled the lever.

Immediately alarms started ringing, and an electronic voice stated “you are currently traveling at 90 miles per hour are you sure you want to use this break?”

Luna replied “YES!”

It replied “confirmed please buckle your safety restraints”

Luna buckled the harness and immediately she was informed of the squealing of wheels, as every single wheel on the entire train LOCKED.

The train came to a stop, but the squealing was intense it took 2 minutes of deafening squealing for the train to stop, luckily she only had 500 feet until she would have reached Canterlot by that time, and luna was in shock. They had to put her on a stretcher to take her out and even then she was still in the same position as she was when they found her.