• Published 25th May 2017
  • 819 Views, 34 Comments

The Lunar Engineer - Randomfastreader



Luna becomes an Engineer in a world where war is more common, she is now left once the carribou takeover canterlot to regain it.

  • ...
3
 34
 819

the run to manehatten

Chapter 1 the run to Manehatten

The day was like any other, a bright sunny day, however there was due to be a snow storm in the afternoon, and Luna was excited, this was the first time she was going to be driving her new train, she had a 4-6-6-6-4 dual articulating nuclear powered engine, the first and only ever to be made of it’s kind, the reason being it was worth about 2 million bits. Luna was due to run a normal passenger, from Canterlot to the main terminal in Manehattan. Her engine was beautiful it was streamlined black with a purple stripe down both sides.
Luna went to the depot office, picked up her clipboard and went to her engine, she was suprized to see a stallion waiting there for her.

“Hello, I suppose you will be with me for the run to manehatten?”

“Yes I will be, we will be taking the normal bypass passenger there.”

“Ok let me just do my pretrip check and we will be on our way”

Luna went around the engine checking that everything looked right and then climbed into her engine.

“Ok, were ready”

“Ok we need to couple to the consist on track 10”

Luna sent out 2 long blasts of the wistle followed by 2 short followed by one more lon g blast, to signal to everyone she was departing, and eased the train out of the shed.

She coupled to the train with out any problems, and hooked the air lines up, and proceeded to the station.

After picking up her passengers she proceded to wait until the light was green and proceded out onto the main line. As the speed limit here was 60mph she kept it right on 60 until at the bottom of the mountain. While she struck up a conversation with her accompiament.

“So what did you do before you became an engineer?” luna asked

“I worked on the railroads my whole life, I’ve been running trains for the past 10 years, but before that I worked my way up from coal shoveler, what did you do?”

“You don’t know, I was a princess, but as they didn’t need me in Canterlot I found out my sister had stolen from me while I was on the moon and charged her with ruleing the country and getting me this job and engine.”

“Wow, that is depressing”

“I know that is why I’m doing this now”

They proceeded to sit in silence the entire rest of the trip.

“Ok fyi we are approaching the manehatten station now”

“Ok cutting throttle and lapping breaks”

After comeing to a compete stop at the station

“Wow” the guy said “that was the cleanest smoothest most well executed stop I’ve ever seen”

“I expected nothing less”

“Ok let me just quiz you on the signals and you’ll be able to run all on your own” he said

“Ok”

"First question what do the letters A, B, and C mean under a speed sign?”

“A means if I’m running with the correct designation the max speed is the posted plus 50mph, b means the same except for 25 mph, and c means 10 mph, also there is R which means I have to run the posted speed limit”

“Perfect, ok then now obviously green is go red is stop and yellow is caution, but what does blinking red mean?”

“Blinking red can be seen at any time and means to put on the emergency brakes, because there is something major wrong.”

“Perfect, also you seem to know everything else based on your driving so you are now authorized to take trains anywhere you are assigned.”