• Published 25th May 2017
  • 812 Views, 34 Comments

The Lunar Engineer - Randomfastreader



Luna becomes an Engineer in a world where war is more common, she is now left once the carribou takeover canterlot to regain it.

  • ...
3
 34
 812

new engines

It was three months after the changeling war, and luna was currently driving to Manehatten to pick up a gift, she did not however know who the gift was for or what it was.

When she got there however she was utterly surprised, it looked like a engine, however it was completely streamlined, and it was 5 units long.

She came to a stop hopped out and looked in the cab and found a note.

To Luna,

We have discovered a new type of engine, it is called the EDOLHHHH1 or extreme duty obnoxiously long high horsepower heavy hauler one. It is capable of going really long distances with really long trains, around 10,000 cars, it is equiped with air brakes, dynamic brakes, individual brakes, and electromagnetic brakes.

The best part is it is the only one ever to be made and has been made, and it is solely for you, have fun.

From Celestia

P.S. I believe your next assignment is to haul a 11,000 car train up to canterlot, to test out it's abilities, it should be very interesting.

Luna took a good look around the cab.

It was quite spacious, it actually had a bed, a little kitchen, and a refrigerator. however the control center was what really caught luna's eye, It was absolutely top of the line, with cctv cameras placed around the train, it had a recliner as the chair and it had cab signal displays, auto speed braking, 50 speed throttle, full info displays. There was also a secondary command room behind the kitchen and bedroom, which had a full map of Equestria's railroads and signals positions. it was basically like a home in a train.

After looking over everything, luna finally decided to fire the engine up, and when she turned that key the roar was amazing, additionally a little screen came on saying "Diesel started, prepping to start reactor."

After around five more seconds, the screen changed to "Reactor ready to start, start y/n"

Luna hit Y and the diesel engine cut off, and the large screen came to life, displaying things like core temp, reactor usage, air brake status, everything.

Luna finally sat in the recliner and it was so soft, it felt like she was on a cloud, there was a signal in front of her that was red so she waited for it to turn green, meanwhile she put the lever marked reverser into the forward position. after five minutes of waiting the light turned green, luna released the brakes, and pushed the throttle to level one, the reaction from the train was instant, the train suddenly started moving forwards, at five miles per hour, and when she passed over the switch the wheels were ridiculously quiet.

Then on the main screen a little map popped up and displayed the cars she needed to hook up to and the switches, she quickly made her route to the cars and hooked up to them, she hopped out connected all the lines at the rear and hopped back in, and set off for Canterlot.