• Published 25th May 2017
  • 812 Views, 34 Comments

The Lunar Engineer - Randomfastreader



Luna becomes an Engineer in a world where war is more common, she is now left once the carribou takeover canterlot to regain it.

  • ...
3
 34
 812

transporting guards for war

chapter 4 transporting guards for war

It was currently 1:00 am and three days after the accident, and luna was back on the train prepping to haul the longest train ever, 10 miles of passenger cars, the worst part was her sister was in the engine with her, watching to see how she did.

“Sister I don’t see the need for you to watch me.”

“I wanted to see why you liked driving trains so much.”

“Oh, well then, why don’t you try, just let me get us going…”

Luna let loose 2 long blasts two shorts and a long, and cracked the throttle open with the regulator at full. The engine lurched and you could hear the grinding of metal on metal, luna then opened the sander, and the engine lurched again, she then closed the throttle, released the air breaks and waited. About 3 minutes later, she let one long blast and opened the throttle to around 1%. The train lurched and started rolling, she gradually got the engine up to speed, and let Celestia try to drive.

“Sister come here.”

“What did you need lulu?”

“Why don’t you drive?”

“B-b-b-but I don’t know how.”

“I’ll show you”

Celestia hops into the drivers seat as luna points out everything.

They cruse along for around 10 minutes when luna sees a FLASHING RED SIGNAL.

“CELESTIA OUT OF THE CHAIR!”

“But why?”

“Just get, no time!”

Luna hops in the chair and cuts throttle, then throws the reverser clear to 75% reverse, then opens the throttle to full, a loud grinding sound is heard, while luna throws the air brakes into emergency. Alarms proceed to blare, as the train starts to slow down, luna then looks ahead and sees, a bridge 3 miles ahead has washed out.

“SHIT! BRACE!”

The train continues on seeming like it will not stop in time, but a mere 2 inches from the front guide wheels falling in the train jerks to a stop.

Luna hops up and closes the throttle then hops out of the train, with celestia following.

When they get to the front they see a whole train in the ravine, with the tracks laying at the bottom and bodies laying about.