• Published 25th May 2017
  • 812 Views, 34 Comments

The Lunar Engineer - Randomfastreader



Luna becomes an Engineer in a world where war is more common, she is now left once the carribou takeover canterlot to regain it.

  • ...
3
 34
 812

The Reveal and War on the horizion

Author's Note:

I'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO THIS FOR A WHILE NOW! HAHAHAHA! Finally I have the soundtracks together and we are taking a turn to the Fall of Equestria!
so prep for awesomeness and slight mention of rape. Sorry we have to motivate them someway we will also have the biggest army seen yet with some heavy destruction.

Celestia was pissed. first she had all her cake taken away, then she was forced to rule the country, and she was now just hearing about the return of Nightmare Moon, now called Moonie!

Yep this week was turning out to be one of the worst one so far.

Naturally, then, Moonie walked in with her black and silver colors. And Luna just had to ask, "Is it okay if Moonie works with me on the railroad?"

And so she was forced to answer yes. Because she was still blinded by the unfair ruling.

Suddenly a Pegasus royal guard flew in sweating heavily carrying a red envelope. (a/n. in the politics of equestrian normal envelopes are white, yellow is urgent, orange is foreign, purple is diplomatic and red is of the highest priority for princess eyes only.)

Celestia opened the letter and her eyes widened, and she shouted, "Shit!"

Luna knowing what it takes to make Celestia cuss asked promptly, "what is happening?"

Celestia replied "The caribou are attacking Equestria and are currently only five miles away and marching fast. we need to evacuate Canterlot and move to the Everfree!"

Now it is not commonly known but in times of peace Canterlot is the capital, in times of war however the Everfree castle is the base of operations because the ruins are only a disguise for the actual base.

"We are going to let them take me and Canterlot while I place Shining Armor in charge of the war. Luna and Moonie you get out as fast as possible in case something happens!"

Luna and Moonie galloped as fast as they could towards the depot, there was their engine in all it's glory however there was no time to ponder, as soon as the word had gotten around the railroad activated E.V.A.C. Plan alpha, and Luna and Moonie now needed to get their engine ready to go. They hopped in and preformed the pre-trip checklist,

"Engine status warm, prepping for warm start." Moonie stated

"Starting protocol initiated" Luna responded

"CLEAR! Starting! ...... engine online starting successful"

"Handbrake released"

"We have clearance!"

"Breaks releasing"

"Switching points"

"Breaks released beginning departure to coupling"

"Throttle 10 percent"

They proceeded to the coupling point, and allow me to explain exactly what is going on here. Basically E.V.A.C. plan alpha is a mad scramble to get everyone off the mountain in as short a time as possible, as such every single railcar that was on Canterlot was put together and had ponies loaded onto it, coal cars held 10, gondolas 100, passenger cars 50, boxcars 30, and tankers held fuel as they couldn't hold ponies, cabooses held 20 also by the way. Additionally the total amount of rolling stock in this consist was the most EVER attempted around two hundred thousand units. Calling for the need of additional propulsion/traction. So they had to pick up the new unit for the engine, however the unit was only one quarter of the way finished, so Luna had Moonie grab the tools for working on it along with the materials. Hooking the unit up however was a bit of a problem because there were so many connectors that needed to be attached. but after five minutes of puzzling over it they finally got it connected, and proceeded to hook up to the consist. allow me to explain exactly what the new unit was not, it was not a power generation unit, instead it took the power provided and spread it out over a length of track, the "unit" was actually not just one car, it was actually seven cars semi permanently attached. the first car had a full kitchen and bathrooms, the second was dining, the third was a utility/ living room, the fourth was bedrooms, the fifth one was storage, the sixth was a workshop, and the seventh was a server room. Combined with all of the other units in the engine, the engine was now 12 units long.

Back to the present, Luna had finally hooked up to the consist and was having Moonie connect everything. afterwards Moonie climbed back into the cab to prep for departure. Luna assigned Moonie to start working on finishing the additional unit, and Moonie being as skilled as Luna in construction, had no problem doing so and managed to get the basic construction of the first and second unit done, before they were ready to depart. It had been around three hours once Luna had hooked up to the train, and the caribou were practically on Canterlot's doorstep, being only a quarter of a mile away.

"Prepping for departure, green signal received" Luna commented

"All systems are in the green, prepare to remove slack in consist" Moonie responded.

"Removing slack" Luna said as she pulled the cars taught with the engine "Slack removed, begin departure."

"Acknowledged we are free to roll."

"Rolling" Luna said after blowing the horn three long times, which meant that everyone should be aboard."

the plan was simple, get to the Everfree base, drop off the cars and then proceed to Manehatten, however as they were leaving the radio crackled with static and a voice said, "Luna the Everfree has been overrun, please find some other place to Evac to."

After another ten minutes or so there was a very deep voice on the radio that said, "You can run but the males will eventually rule."

Naturally after hearing this Luna and Moonie were practically fuming with anger but that soon turned into determination to take back Canterlot, because Canterlot had fallen.