• Published 25th May 2017
  • 812 Views, 34 Comments

The Lunar Engineer - Randomfastreader



Luna becomes an Engineer in a world where war is more common, she is now left once the carribou takeover canterlot to regain it.

  • ...
3
 34
 812

the royal wedding

Chapter 2, The Royal Wedding

Luna had been running trains for six months now, and there was a big wedding coming up, so everyone was busy, and naturally they only had 3 days to get everything to Canterlot in time, and Luna was also naturally the only main line driver there with the track record of having everything on time, also it helps she was the only one with a train powerful enough to haul everything they needed up in Canterlot there in time.

So everyone was in there switcher running around assembling the massive train for Luna to haul up the mainline to Canterlot, and massive was an understatement, the train was 2,000 cars long or about 3 miles, and was a mixture of freight and passenger, the best part Luna had been assigned emergency express passenger/freight. And as this was a really important train Luna had guards with her, and everywhere on the train.

The train was also due to make stops in Appaloosa, Ponyville and other assorted towns, Luna was just getting ready to pull out when 4 royal guards climb aboard the train, other than that there was nothing unusual about the train and she had been making good time, she had arrived at the last stop before Canterlot at 30 minutes ahead of schedule, and was now breezing up the mountain, but she couldn’t shake the feeling something was wrong, and as she made it to the halfway point the guards suddenly attacked her chipping her horn, while changing into changelings.

Now Luna was skilled and had had many years of fighting on battle fields, so she was able to take out the changelings quite easily, but the airlines to the breaks were locked, and they had broken the throttle and reverser in there fight so Luna was left riding a 200 megaton bomb basically up to Canterlot at full speed, when she got an idea.

She may not be able to use magic but her horn was just right to stick in the throttle to stop the train, however horns were VERY sensitive, so she may never be able to use magic again if she does.

“But if I don’t the entire city of Canterlot may be destroyed” luna thought

So she did, and the pain was intense, but she got the throttle closed, and applied the engine break, and then passed out.