• Published 25th May 2017
  • 806 Views, 34 Comments

The Lunar Engineer - Randomfastreader



Luna becomes an Engineer in a world where war is more common, she is now left once the carribou takeover canterlot to regain it.

  • ...
3
 34
 806

prologue

Luna had just gotten back from the moon. And she was extremely bored, her sister had been doing so much stuff since her absence that she had nothing to do, except study new technology, she was especially interested in these trains, they were so useful hauling ponies and goods all across Equestria. Luna was currently reading about how to drive a train properly,

1. Put the reverser to 75%
2. Put the throttle at 1-25%
3. Ease the engine up to 2 mph
4. Lower reverser slowly to 50% while increasing throttle to 50%
5. Ease up to 10 mph
6. Lower reverser to 10-25% while increasing the throttle.

Use the throttle to control the amount of steam to the engine while using the reverser to determine how the steam is used, unless on VERY steep grades NEVER have the reverser and the throttle above 50% at the same time.

Suddenly Luna got an idea, “this sounds so easy maybe I could try being an engineer, they obviously don’t need me here”.

Naturally she wanted to present the idea to her sister, so she waited until the next morning.

Canterlot castle royal dining room 7:00 am

Celestia was currently eating her three-tier cake when Luna walked in with her modest 20 oz ribeye as she liked meat for some reason.

“Sister,” luna said, “I’m thinking about becoming an engineer”

“Good” celestia said, “there would be some interesting buildings around here at least, not all these cookie cutter houses”

“No not a structural engineer, a train engineer.”

“WHAT!!!” Celestia yelled in the royal Canterlot voice, making the entire castle shake, to it’s very foundation, “WHY?”

“well sister is seems like an easy enough job and as for why I am interested in trains and the job of “princess” doesn’t pay very well, we only make 1 bit a year and even over 1000 years I’m still not doing very well. Also it seems you have no need of me here as you seem to be able to easily take care of all the royal duties, additionally if you could set me up with a job as one I would give you 25% of my income”

“Deal”

“Why do you agree so quickly?”

“DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENISVE CAKE IS??”

“Nooo?”

“This cake costs 1,000 bits, I had to take it out of YOUR savings”

“YOU WHAT?”

“I took it out of your savings, you obviously had no need for it on the moon.”

“You do realiz… wait YES THANKYOU FAUST here I’ll be right back.”

Luna scampered down the hall to the royal guard’s barracks, found shining armors office and stormed inside.

“Shining armor I need you to send about 10 guards with me now!”

“Ma’m yes ma’m”

About 5 minutes later princess Luna along with 10 royal guards went to the dining hall.

“Guards arrest this women she stole 1,000 bits from my bank account, to buy cake.”

“Luna what are you doing?” Princess Celestia asked

“Taking over Equestria legally.”

The guards arrested Celestia and after a fair and speedy trial Celestia was sentenced to being the sole ruler of Equestria and giving Luna the job she wanted and her cake.