• Published 13th May 2017
  • 968 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 968

Episode 20: Trial by Firebolt

Burst's Parents' House. Evening

Aether sat calmly in his living room. The dim light from the lamp gave a slight glow to his white skin. Soon, a figure walked in. "Ah. I was hoping you could make it. Sorry to call you in on such short notice. It concerns my son and his group of friends."

"You worried about the type of leader your son's going to be? You're usually so sure master." The figure noted.

"Yes." Aether said with a sigh. "But he's my son. A father worries about them at this stage in their life. My son is the Element of Power. I want you to test him to make sure he knows the importance and meaning of that. His friends should prove as an adequate resource for this test."

The figure nodded. "You're trained your son well master. Just as you trained me those many years ago. But something tells me your son will be just fine." And the figure vanished in a pillar of flame. Here's hoping Burst doesn't slug me as hard as he did Discord...


Ponyville. The Next Morning.

Burst woke up with a happy yawn. "Yep. Looks like just another day in my life." Burst leaped out of bed, and got dressed. "Wonder what crazy excitement is gonna happen today?" As soon as he was finished with breakfast, Burst decided to take a walk around town. However, he froze and soon rolled out of the way! Burst looked behind himself, and saw the ground smoldering! Smoke wisped into the air from the ball of molten wrath that would have hit him if his hadn't sensed the powerful blast of fire magic that was sent flying at him! "Looks like I'll get in some morning exercise today." Burst summoned his weapons in a flash of light! "Whoever's trying to take me down, you're gonna have to try harder!" Burst then saw a pillar of flame appear before him, and a young man stepped out. He has amber skin, orange eyes, red and yellow hair, and his outfit consisted of a grey shirt, a red jacket with flames along the sleeves, black pants, and red sneakers with flames on the sides. "Looks like you're eager to ignite the fight."

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm called Firebolt. And I'm here to replace you as the leader of the Elements of Heroism!" Firebolt declared!

Burst blinked. "...Okay. Go ahead."

Firebolt fell on his back before springing back up to his feet with a shocked and confused expression on his face. "I'm...sorry. What?!"

"You say you want to replace me as leader, right?" Burst asked. "Well if you think you can do a better job, fine. I'll give you a trial run. to see if you can."

"But...but aren't you the least bit upset?!" Firebolt exclaimed! "Don't you find it insulting that I think I can replace you as a leader?! Doesn't that even SLIGHTLY motivate you to take up your arms against me?!"

Burst chuckled as he holstered his weapons. "Dude. I went through the exact same thing with my best friend Inferno. I wouldn't be a good leader if I had any doubts that my team...no, my friends, would be able to take charge when the time calls for it. I believe in all of them." Burst then smiled. "Besides, part of having power is knowing when to give it up. I assume you've trapped my friends in some sort of bubble over a lava pit, right?"

"Er...Yes!" Firebolt said nervously. "You may choose only one of them if you surrender your position as leader! Which one will it be?"

Burst sighed. "Look again."

Firebolt pulled up the vision sphere, and his jaw dropped! Inferno had absorbed the prison spell and was levitating the others to safety with his magic! "But...but how?!

"Dude. My friends and I took on two of the greatest enemies Equestria's faced." Burst said with a roll of eyes. "Do you REALLY think we'd take a break to hold the Idiot Ball now? Also, something tells me you were only bluffing with that lava pit. AND you're not really here to challenge me for leadership. So why are you REALLY here?"

Firebolt face palmed. "I told Master Aether that he didn't have anything to worry about. Now I came all the way out here for nothing. That lava was an illusion." Firebolt then saw Pinkie swimming about in the fake lava. "I showed up to test you to see if you were a good leader. But it looks like you've learned to be one the easy way. Still, how did you learn to be such a good leader so quickly?"

Burst smiled. "Easy! I just asked myself what Optimus Prime would do!" Firebolt was left dumbfounded. "Also, why did you say my dad's name and call him 'Master'? You a student of his or something?"

Firebolt nodded. "I am. Aether taught me how to use my magic and the way of mastering weapons. I must say, he's done even better work on you."

"Thanks! And now, I'm gonna kick your butt!" Burst said with a friendly smile as he drew his weapons. "Sorry dude. But you DID kidnap my friends and threaten them. And I gotta teach you a lesson." Firebolt was about to draw his sword when he was hit with a charge shot to the face! "Don't worry! Duelist Arms can only hurt evil entities! But...you still feel the damage instead of taking it."

'...And Master Aether keeps worrying he's gonna lose in a fight?!' Firebolt thought to himself as he slowly crawled out of the crater his impact had caused. "Okay. Now to show you what I can do!" Firebolt unsheathed the sword on his back. "The blade is named Artorius. And it was carved from the fang of a dragon! Let's see how a weapon that has a dragon's spirit does against one made from a dragon itself!" Burst charged at Firebolt, and their blades clashed! Both blades giving off brilliant lights as they locked blades! "You're good! But I've got a couple years experience ov-oof!" Firebolt had been kicked in the stomach by Burst! Burst then pulled off a shoryuken to his face! "...I surrender...."

Burst smiled. "Good. I was about to whip out my arm cannon! Then you'd really need the hospital!"

Firebolt blinked in equal parts awe and terror. "I'll...be going now. It was..nice... meeting you..." And with that, Firebolt vanished in a pillar of flame. The others had just shown up.

"Um, he DOES realize you were holding back still. Right?" Twilight asked.

Burst nodded and chuckled. "Let's just say I'm saving going all-out for a rainy day."

Author's Note:

Firebolt is owned by KnightGomora1994.