• Published 13th May 2017
  • 967 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 967

Episode 12: Memories

It was Family Appreciation Day in Ponyville. Ace, Ice, and Shadow watched as all the families went about. Seeing everyone so happy couldn't help but put a smile on the brothers' faces. However, less than pleasant memories began to surface as Ice looked down at his hands. While they were now dark grey, like they had originally been, it was not that long ago that his skin was pitch black and his eyes had slit pupils. Shadow noted his brother's troubled expression. "You alright Ice? You look kinda out of it."

Ice shook his head. "It's nothing. Just...memories. That's all." Ice said with a small smile.

"Was it...about your time in the Nightmare Forces?" Shadow asked.

Ice took a deep breath and sighed. "Yeah. It is"

"Ice...those days are behind us." Ace said as he put a hand on Ice's shoulder. "All the Nightmare Forces are destroyed."

"I know." Ice then looked at the ground in shame. "I know I've been forgiven for what I've done. But there's one thing I'll never forgive myself for. I can never forgive myself for separating us and breaking that pact we made as kids." Ice chuckled bitterly at the memory. "I'm not constantly tormented or tortured by it, but the fact I did so still stings in my heart."

"You're not alone Ice." Shadow noted. "We were all hurt by what you did. But we're still here in the end. Right bro?"

Ice managed a small smile. "Yup. Still bros. Still family. Still single." The three brothers then collectively sighed at the last statement.

"Regardless, we've been through a lot together." Ace said with a smile. "Besides. We're part of a bigger family now. Burst and the other guys. Not to mention Twilight and the girls."

"And speaking of that last statement, I have a solution!" Shadow announced proudly! "On Heart's Day, we shall assemble all our fellow single memebers of the team and list the qualities we look for in a soulmate! Then we can each find our special someone!" Shadow raised his fist into the air in triumph! Both Ace and Ice chuckled at the sight of Shadow.

"Sometimes I don't know what we'd do without you Shadow." Ace said.

"Probably get grounded a lot more." Shadow said with a chuckle. "I still remember having to cover your butts for that stunt you two pulled back in elementary school with trying to ride that thunder cloud?"

"Really? You always save our hides?" Ice asked with a smirk. "I remember when you thought it was a good idea to try and make it snow inside the house with that snow cloud! We had to cover that it was our stupid idea!"

Ace chuckled. "Wasn't I the one who usually had to come up with the excuses in any case? Plus, there was the time all three of us had the bright idea to devour all the ice cream in the fridge as fast as we could. I still remember us having brain freeze for hours." The brothers shared a laugh. "I swear by Celestia our parents will never let us live that moment of foolishness down!" The trio of brothers headed off to enjoy the rest of Family Appreciation Day. "We faced the Nightmare Forces just like how we face life. Same goes for anything that stands in out way"

The three brothers raised their fists to the air. "TOGETHER!"