• Published 13th May 2017
  • 968 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 968

Episode 3: Moving In

Ace was snooring peacefully. He and Ice enjoyed Saturdays. No reason to wake up unless they got called in by the weather team. However, the brothers' slumber by a knocking on the door. Ace got out of his bed, and opened th door to find an unexpected surprise. "Shadow?!"

A male skyborn with navy blue skin and wings, yellow eyes, and black hair wearing white sneakers, black jeans, a tank top with a storm cloud on it, and a black beanie cap smiled. He also had some bags with him. "Hi bro! What's up?"

Ace was confused as to what his baby brother was doing here. "Um, not that it isn't good to see you, but why are you here?"

"Isn't it obivous? I want to join you, Ice and the other guys!" Shadow said with a grin. "I wanna be an Element of Heroism!"

Ice had just woken up from the couch and noticed Shadow at their doorstep. "Shadow? I hate to tell you this, but you can't want to be an Element of Heroism. It's something that chooses you.", Ice said with a sad smile. "All the same, you really plan on moving in with us?"

Shadow nodded. "Yup! You two left Cloudsdale, so I decided to do the same."

Ace and Ice sighed. "Take the extra guest room." the two said in unison.

"Cool!" Before Shadow went inside, he paused. "About me joining the team, can't you guys just have me trained by the others?"

"We'll look into it.", Ace said with a nod. Shadow was soon unpacked and settled in. "We've all got a day off today, so Burst has decided now would be a good time to get together after the defeat of Discord."

Shadow listened in awe. "You guys have seen a lot of action, huh?"

Ice grinned. "Shadow. You could make a book containing all the crazy adventures we've had!" The three soon met up with Burst and the other guys at the center of town. "Yo guys! Thought you might like to meet Ace and I's little brother!"

"Hey! I'm Shadow!" Shadow greeted. "I saw all of you back at the Best Young Fliers Competition."

"So what brings you here?" Burst asked with a smile.

Shadow beamed! "I wanna join your team!" Both Ace and Ice panicked and covered Shadow's mouth!

"Don't pay any mind to what he just said!" Ace and Ice cried!

Burst blinked. "I know you two are probably looking out for your brother, but he can join if he wants. He doesn't need to represent an element of being a hero to be a member."

"But...but he's got no experience fighting!" Ace noted.

"Plus, he doesn't have a weapon!" Ice added. "Can't train him to fight if he doesn't have a weapon!"

"I don't have weapons." Tyrannus mentioned. "And I'm doing fine as a team member."

"Just think of this as a chance to learn. We'll be off to help the girls train with their new weapons soon enough." Burst said with a smile. "So we've got a couple minutes to kill." Burst then looked to Shadow. "Try to land a hit on me." Shadow nodded as he ran at Burst with his fist ready! Shadow swung, but Burst rolled his head around the punch! Burst then grabbed Shadow by the arm and threw him to the ground over his shoulder! He then looked down to the groaning Shadow. "We've got a long way to go with you."

"I'll take that as a maybe..." Shadow groaned as Burst helped him up. "So, can I tag along to see you help out the Elements of Harmony?"

Burst nodded. "Just make sure to stay at a safe distance. Things are gonna get rough." The guys then headed to a field nearby Ponyville, and saw the girls were waiting for them. "All right. Each of us is going to pair up with one of you. Today we find out just how much you all need to learn about your new weapons. I'll help out Twilight. Inferno, you're with Rarity. Ace you'll be with Pinkie. Steel? I'm sure you're itching to help out Rainbow Dash. Tyrannus, you'll help out Fluttershy. That just leaves Ice with Applejack." Each pair split up and got to work testing out the new weapons. Burst came at Twilight with a series of shots from his blasters! Twilight channeled her magic through her magician's rod and put up a bubble shield! Burst then summoned his new Duelist Arm. The Chaos MAX Cannon. He then fired a shot from it that broke Twilight's shield and knocked her back! Burst then unequipped the cannon and charged with his sword! Twilight then focused her magic through the rod again, and fired a beam of magic at Burst! Burst tanked the hit in the stomach and was pushed back! Burst then plunged his sword into the ground to halt himself. Burst looked at the faint trails of smoke from the blast. "Good thing I got dragon scales from being part of the dragon lineage." Burst then smiled at Twilight. "Good job Twilight. Looks like your new magician's rod fits you well."

Twilight blushed a little. "Well I was hoping to become a great wizard like Starswirl, so I used to practice with a broom as a magician's staff. I guess all that practice payed off! Plus, now me and the girls can help out in any fights that happen down the road!" At the same time, Inferno was helping out Rarity. Rarity found that she could send shards of diamond flying out from her fan by slicing through the air! Inferno rolled out of the way to dodge the shards, but Rarity then threw her fan at him! Sparks flew as the fan struck Inferno's upper arm! Rarity then returned the fan to her as her hand lit up with the violet aura of her magic.

"Quite the graceful movements." Inferno said with a grin.

Rarity giggled. "Well, a lady has to have semblence of grace doesn't she?"

Steel and Rainbow Dash were duking it out pretty hard. Rainbow Dash used her boomerang to shoot out a mini tornado that sucked up Steel before she threw her her boomerang at him! Steel blocked with his shield! Sending the boomerang right back to Rainbow Dash's hands! "Not bad Dash. Now it's my turn." Steel launched a beam of chaos energy from his sword! Rainbow Dash's boomerang then circled around her creating a wind barrier that blocked the blast!

"Looks like my new weapon can give as good as it gets!" Rainbow Dash said with a smirk as Steel landed. The two fist-bumped before joining the others who had finished training. Tyrannus noticed Fluttershy was starting to get scared, so he opted not to fight her.

"I don't think your staff's meant to be used as a weapon." Tyrannus noted as he and Fluttershy examined the staff. "Let's just sit this one out." Fluttershy nodded in agreement and they joined the others. Meanwhile, Ice was using his claymore to block all of Applejack's stun bolts that were generated from her twin crossbows. Applejack ran towards Ice as she kept on firing, and kicked him in the side! Ice cringed as pain ripped into his side before he took a stun bolt to the face! Applejack panicked when she saw how hard she'd kicked Ice!

"Oh boy! Sorry about that sugarcube!" Applejack said in an apologetic tone. "Ah guess all those years of apple buckin' made me forgot to dial it down a bit!"

"It's cool..." Ice groaned. Fluttershy noticed a glow coming from her staff and walked over to Ice. She then put the staff to the area where Ice was kicked, and a green glow went off. Ice felt around the area, and smiled. "Looks like I'm all healed up. Seems your staff fits your personality." Fluttershy beamed at the compliment.

"Well, there's no better way to be kind than healing." Fluttershy said with a cute smile. Meanwhile with Ace and Pinkie, Ace was watching her do tricks with her yoyo. She then flung her yoyo so fast it looked like multiple ones were coming at Ace! Ace raised his shield to block the barrage! But Pinkie then showed up behind him and wrapped her yoyo around his sword before using it to try and yank it away. Unfortunately, Ace wound up dragging her swinging the sword in the opposite direction.

Pinkie giggled as she slid across the ground. "He he he! I guess I still gotta work on my tricks!"

"That should do it for today." Burst said with a nod. "Glad we could help you and the girls out Twilight."

"We're just glad we'll be able to get more involved in any future fights." Twilight said with a smile.

"Before we go, you've all met Shadow, Ace and Ice's baby brother, right?" Burst asked. The girls nodded. "He'll be living here with Ace and Ice now. It's be pretty rude not to make him feel welcome." Pinkie then gasped as she bolted for Sugar Cube Corner. "...Well I know where we're all headed next. Come on Shadow. You're in for quite the treat." The group headed for Sugar Cube Corner, and Shadow was met with a barrage of streamers and confetti! He then saw a banner that had his name on it saying 'Welcome to Ponyville'. "Now you're officially part of our home!" The group had fun chatting up a storm.

"So Shadow? What kind of job were you hoping for?" Ace asked.

Shadow scratched his chin in thought. "Well, I heard Nightmare Night was coming up. So, I've decided to open up Ponyville's first cosplay shop! It'll work really well for people who want to make cool costumes or get nicer versions of old costumes they've got lying around!"

Burst smiled. "I'd gladly be your first customer! There's a specific piece of a costume I'll be needing. I'll tell you tomorrow."

"And I'd be more than happy to supply you darling!" Rarity said with a smile.

Shadow beamed at the kindness he was shown. "Thank you all. For everything." Shadow went to bed happy that night. Everyone seems so nice. I hope I can get to know them more... And with that, Shadow fell asleep.

The next day...

"Pleasure doing business with you!" Shadow said with a smile as he waved goodbye to his first few customers. "Not a bad first day." Shadow looked at the clock and nodded. "Yup. Now seems as good a time to go on lunch break." Shadow grabbed his sandwich and headed outside to find a place to sit. He then noticed Twilight sitting alone. Talking to her reflection in the puddle. Shadow took note of the distressed look on her face. "Hey, Twilight? Are you okay?"

Twilight jolted to her feet! "Oh! Shadow, right? Don't mine me! It's nothing I can't handle!"

Shadow frowned. "I don't think so. You were talking to your reflection in a puddle. And look at yourself! Something's obviously getting you worked up." Shadow then sat down on the bench. "Here. Have a seat and talk. You'll feel better." Twilight sighed as she practically threw herself on the bench. "So, tell me what's bothering you."

"Well, I'm Princess Celestia's student." Twilight said with an exhausted look on her face. "And almost every week, I need to send her a friendship report detailing anything I've learned about friendship. But I haven't learned anything today and none of my friends have had any friendship problems!" Twilight then groaned! "How am I supposed to be the perfect personal student now?!"

Shadow sighed. "Twilight? Let me tell you a very important piece of advice." Twilight leaned in intently as Shadow prepared to tell her the advice. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Twilight's jaw dropped in shock!

"But...but I haven't learned anything about friendship today!"

"Then don't write about anything." Shadow said with a calm smile. "Look. The princess wants you to report any findings about friendship. Right?" Twilight nodded. "Well, that means she only wants you to write when you actually found something out. So if you haven't found out anything, there's no need to write." Shadow took a deep breath. "Listen Twilight. If you keep worrying about every little thing, you're never going to miss everything that's in front of you. It's good that you're dedicated, but the princess sent you here because there's more to life than studying. A lesson you've already learned by making such good friends."

Twilight slowly smiled. "Thanks. I needed that. And that being said, I probably shouldn't have gone OCD on the amount of cupcake frosting earlier." Twilight's eyes widened. "Wow. I really DO need to learn not to get stuck on details. See you Shadow." Shadow smiled as Twilight ran off. A navy blue aura surrounded him, and Burst showed up clapping his hands.

"Well done Shadow." Burst said with a smile. "You're officially part of our team now."

Shadow blinked. "So which element am I?"

"Due to how you showed concern for Twilight in her time of need, I'd say you're the Element of Compassion." Burst smiled once again. "Now try focusing on summoning your Duelist Arm." Shadow closed his eyes, and focused. Soon, a spear modeled after a celestial dragon appeared in his hands!

"It's beautiful.." Shadow said in awe. "So when can I start training with you guys?"

Burst chuckled. "As soon as you start hanging out with us. Come on. The other guys are waiting at the movies."