• Published 13th May 2017
  • 967 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 967

Episode 1: Conquer the Chaos Part 1

Burst let out a yawn as he stretched his arms and got out of bed to greet the day. However, things were a bit odd around Ponyville that morning. More so than usually when Burst opened his window to find pink clouds. "Okay. That's odd. Even for Ponyville..." Burst flew out the window and grabbed a chunk of the cloud. He then tasted a bit. "Cotton candy?" Burst then looked around to see if there was anything else weird going on. The clouds were going all over the place. "This is too weird..." Burst flew back inside and got dressed. " Time to see what other kinds of chaos is going on." Burst was soon decked out in his signature outfit, and flew around Ponyville. He saw Applejack's corn get turned to popcorn, chocolate milk was raining from the cotton candy clouds he'd seen earlier, and some of the animals had weird or distorted limbs! "What the heck's going on?" Burst then saw Inferno and Steel flying up to him. "Have you guys taken a look around?"

Steel nodded. "Yeah. But whatever's happening, I can feel something bigger's on the way."

"What do you mean Steel?", Inferno asked.

"Ever since I got my Duelist Arms, I've been able to pick up on things that aren't so orderly. In specific, I've gained the ability to sense chaos. And right now, Ponyville's got plenty of it. But whatever's happening, the source is definitely capable of much more than what we're seeing.", Steel answered. The group then saw Twilight try a spell on the area, but it had no effect! Ace, Tyrannus, and Ice had just arrived on the scene. The girls managed to contain the clouds, and Spike soon belched out a letter from Princess Celestia.

"Twilight? What's the letter say?", Burst asked.

"Princess Celestia says it's about all the weird things that are going on today.", Twilight answered. "She wants me, the girls, and you guys to come to Canterlot at once."

"Hold on a minute." Burst and the guys summoned their Duelist Arms. "Now we're good. Let's go!" The group soon arrived in Canterlot, and found Celestia waiting for them. "We're here."

"Princess, what's with the weather? What's with the animals acting weird? Why isn't my magic working?", Twilight asked.

Celestia raised her hand for silence. "Follow me." Celestia led the group down a hall of stained glass windows. "I've called you here for a matter of great importance. It seems an old foe of mine, someone I thought I had defeated long ago, has returned. His name is Discord. Discord is mischievous spirit of disharmony. Before my sister and I stood up to him, he ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness. Luna and I saw how miserable life was for magi, earthbounds, and skyborn alike. So after discovering the Elements of Harmony, we combined our powers and rose up against him! Turning him to stone!" I thought the spell we cast would keep him contained forever. But since Luna and I are no longer connected to the elements, the spell has been broken."

"No longer connected?", Twilight asked.

Celestia motioned to a set of gigantic doors. "This is Canterlot Tower. Where the Elements of Harmony are stored inside since you rediscovered them. I need you to wield the Elements of Harmony once again and stop Discord! Before he thrusts all of Equestria into eternal chaos!"

"But...why us?", Twilight asked. Pinkie went over to a window that showed the Mane 6 using the elements to free Princess Luna. Oddly enough, Burst was seen there too.

"You six showed the full potential of the elements. By harnessing the magic of your friendship to beat a mighty foe." Celestia then looked to Twilight. "Although Luna and I once wielded the elements, it is you who now control their power. And it is you who must defeat Discord!"

"They're not going it alone!", Burst mentioned. "Me and the guys are with you all the way Twi." Twilight smiled and was about to accept when Pinkie pointed out that chocolate rain came with the mentioned eternal chaos.

"Don't listen to her princess.", Twilight said with a small smile. "We'd be honored to use the Elements of Harmony again."

Celestia opened the doors to the tower, and a case was revealed! Celestia levitated it over with her magic, and opened it up. "Have no fear my subjects. I have total confidence that you'll be able to defeat Discord with these..." When Celestia opened the box, it was empty! Everyone gasped at the sight of the empty chest!

"The elements...they're gone!", Twilight exclaimed!

"That chamber is protected by a powerful spell that only I can break!", Celestia said in shock! "This doesn't make sense..." Soon, laughter was heard coming from all around them! Burst and the guys drew their weapons and got into defensive stances!

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?", a voice called out.

Celestia narrowed her eyes. "Discord! Show yourself!"

Discord just laughed as his voice echoed through the room. "Did you miss me Celestia?", Discord asked. Suddenly, the image of Discord on the stained glass window came to life! "I've missed you." Discord slithered throught he windows. "It's quite lovely being in stone. But you wouldn't know that would you because I don't turn people into stone."

"Enough!", Celestia snapped. "What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?!"

"Oh, I just borrowed them for a teensy little while.", Discord said with a shrug.

"You'll never get away with this Discord.", Celestia said defiantly.

"Oh I'd forgotten how grim you can be Celestia.", Discord said with a roll of his eyes as he moved on to another window. "It's really quite boring."

"HEY! Nobody insults the princess!", Rainbow Dash snapped! Rainbow Dash flew at the window Discord was occupying, but he snapped his fingers and vanished leading to her flying into it! He then reappeared.

"Oh, you must be Rainbow Dash.", Discord said with a smirk. "Famed for her loyalty. The Element of Harmony you represent."

"That's right! I'll always be loyal to the princess!"

"We'll see about that..." Discord continually moved from window to window. "The beautiful Rarity representing the Element of Generosity if I'm not mistaken."

"So ya know who we are. Big deal.", Applejack interjected.

"Oh, I know much more than that honest Applejack.", Discord said with a smirk.

"You seem to know our strengths too.", Twilight noted.

"Yes, Twilight Sparkle. And yours is the most powerful of the elements. Magic. Fluttershy's is Kindness and Pinkie Pie's is a personal favorite of mine. Laughter." Discord let out a chuckle.

"So you know them.", Burst said with a slow clap. "But I bet you don't know anything about me." The girls gasped at how cocky Burst was acting against Discord. "What do you know about me?"

"Oh, I know abou-" Discord closed his eyes, but paused when he heard the new voice. He then teleported to a window to examine Burst. "Well now! This is interesting! A male avatar! And one of the dragon lineage no less by the looks of your wings. I had wondered why you and those other five guys tagged-along with the Elements of Harmony."

"I mostly came because my girlfriend called for me.", Burst answered with a small smile.

"Really?" Discord glanced over the Mane 6. "So which of them is the lucky girl?"

Burst smirked. "You could say she left you stone cold."

Discord's eyes went wide after piecing things together. "Wait. YOU? With HER?"

Burst nodded. "I came all this way because she called for me. And now that I've seen you, I'm not going to waste time on you."

"Excuse me?", Discord asked with a frown.

Burst sighed. "Look dude. You seem like a cool villain to fight. And I can respect you enjoying yourself. But if you're not gonna take this seriously, I don't see any reason to treat you as a menace or even tell you my name. Plus, you don't seem to be taking me and my friends seriously either. C'mon man! You're not even here in person!"

Discord was getting angry. "So you want to get personal do you?" Discord snapped his fingers, and appeared before the group! His body was mostly human save for the dragon's tail, and the mismatched wings and horns on his head. His hair was mostly black with a white section in the middle. He had grey skin, and yellow was in place of the whites of his eyes and he had red irises. His suit was also a mix of different parts. "How's this for showing my fa-!?!" Discord was cut off when Burst slugged him right in his face! Discord was down for a few moments before slowly getting to his feet. "You hit me...You hit me! Celestia never hit me!"

Burst cracked his knuckles. "I'm not Celestia.", he said in a grave tone. "The name's Burst Stream. And since you finally decided to show your face, I guess my friends and I won't mind taking you down now."

Discord smirked. "So you and your little band represent elements of a hero. So which one are you?"

"Power.", Burst answered flatly.

"In that case...more to you!" Discord fired a stream of chaos energy that sent Burst flying into a wall! Celestia ran to Burst's side! Discord huffed as he returned to the windows seeing Burst get back up. "I'll tell you what I did with the elements, but I'll only tell you my way. To retreive your elements, just make sense of this chain of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began." And with that Discord vanished. Twilight and the others got to guessing while Celestia set to work healing Burst.

"I'll be fine Celestia.", Burst said with a small smile. "Dragon scales are impervious to magic. Ngh! Thought that doesn't mean the force didn't shock me a bit." Suddenly, Burst felt something go off inside of him. "I think I'm good now." In the meantime, Ace was also contemplating Discord's riddle. The girls soon came to a conclusion.

"Twists and turns...that's it!", Twilight exclaimed! "I bet Discord hid the Elements in the castle labyrinth!"

"Then lets move.", Burst said with a nod. As everyone headed to the labyrinth, Burst was stopped by Celestia.

"There you go again. Facing off against a foe you don't know you can beat.", Celestia said with a small smile. She then pulled Burst into a tight hug. "Please. Come back safe."

Burst returned the hug. "I promise." Burst soon joined the others at the labyrinth. "Everyone ready Twilight?"

Twilight nodded. "As long as we work together, everything's going to be okay! And with all our abilities, this should be easy!"

"Time for me to do a quick fly-by!", Rainbow Dash said with a smirk as she took to the air! But a second later, her wings vanished and she fell to the ground! "My wings!" The others soon noticed they were stripped of any wings or magic they had! The guys noticed that their Duelist Arms had also been taken!

"Looks like Discord's been ready for us.", Burst said with a frown. Soon, a faint light came into view, and Discord materialized!

"You should see the looks on your faces! Priceless!", Discord said with a chuckle.

"Give us our wings and magic back!", Twilight demanded!

"You'll get them back in due time. I simply took them away to ensure there was no cheating.", Discord said with a smirk.

"Funny. You don't look like the type to play by the rules.", Steel shot back. "Who's to say you're not cheating by taking away our abilities?"

Discord frowned before continuing. "You see, this is the first rule of our game. No flying, and no magic."

"No problem.", Burst said with a determined gaze. "So what're the othe rules? We might as well know how to play the game."

Discord had a small smile on his face. "You're not one to quit. Are you? This is going to be more fun than I thought. The second rule is everybody has to play, or the game is over. And I win. Good luck everyone!" And with that, Discord disappeared in a flash of light! Leaving the group to his game.

"Okay guys. Let's split up into twos.", Burst suggested. "Ty? You go with Fluttershy. Ace, you'll pair up with Pinkie. Ice. You're with Applejack. Steel and Rainbow Dash? You're together. That leaves Inferno with Rarity and me with Twilight."

"Um, Burst? Wouldn't we stand a better chance of going as a whole team?", Twilight suggested.

"Twilight. Rainbow Dash tempted fate from trying to fly over the labyrinth. Who's to say Discord wouldn't seperate us if we all went in as a group?", Burst countered. "Besides. We can cover more ground this way." Burst then noticed hedge walls pop up as soon as they entered! Seperating each of the teams of two! "I figured he'd do something like this Way to tempt fate."

"Listen up everyone! Stick with your partner!", Twilight called out! "Head to the middle as fast as you can! We'll regroup there!" And with that, the groups went along their paths through the labyrinth. Applejack and Ice were running through their path until Applejack noticed a trio of apples that came out of nowhere.

"Weird." Ice looked around. "There's not an apple tree in sight.", Ice noted.

Applejack then noticed the apples roll by themselves. "What in tarnation?" The two followed the apples and found what looked like an orchard! "Where are we?" The two were stunned when apples started falling from the trees, and forming weird beings.

"All right. Who are you?!", Ice demanded.

One of the beings answered. "We are the keepers of the Grove of Truth."

"You may ask us one question of past, future, or present.", another answered.

"But be warned that the truth may not always be pleasant.", the last one finished.

Ice narrowed his eyes. "I think we've heard enough Applejack. No point in staying here."

"Ah don't trust this place fer a second Ice. But Ah've got a real bad feeling about this feller Discord.", Applejack noted. "This might tell us something." Applejack went over to the pond close by and Ice followed. A vision materialized, and Ice narrowed his eyes as he saw it play out. "Our friendship...over? It can't be the truth. It just can't!"

"Applejack snap out of it!", Ice cried out! "So what if it's the future? That's only what might be! Not what will happen!"

"Even so..Ah'm willing to do what it takes ta make sure it doesn't happen!", Applejack protested.

The 'spirits' then spoke to Applejack and blocked her off from Ice! "When the truth makes your heart ache, sometimes a lie is easier to take." Applejack's eyes went swirly for a second before she seemed to lose her color. Ice was shocked at what had happened!

"Applejack? Did something happen to you?", Ice asked.

"Nope! Ah'm fine.", Applejack said with a shifty look in her eyes.

Ice could hear faint laughter. "Yeah...right." The hedge wall keeping them in soon opened, and Twilight and Burst came in.

"Thank goodness!", Twilight said with a sigh of relief. As she went to her friend, Ice went over to Burst.

"Burst?", Ice whispered.

"What's up Ice?", Burst asked.

"I've got the feeling this was all a big trap! Just a few seconds ago Applejack was normal. But now? She just lied to my face after I saw her turn grey!"

Burst narrowed his eyes. "In other words, we just played right into his hands!" Burst clenched his fist, and chaotic energy briefly crackled around it! However, it soon faded. "Then we've just gotta be careful." Burst then noticed Twilight shaking off Applejack lying to her, and sighed. "I can't believe we took Discord's riddle at face value!", Burst silently fumed. "But if we leave now, he still wins. So I guess we'd better keep moving." The group continued on their way. At the same time, Pinkie was bouncing along her way with Ace following closely. They came to an area full of balloons, and laughter soon surrounded the air. The next thing Ace knew, Pinkie's color looked muted and she had a scowl on her face!

"Uh...you alright Pinkie?", Ace asked.

"DO I LOOK ALRIGHT TO YOU?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!", Pinkie snapped! Ace recoiled at Pinkie's response!

Ace was about to counter when he noticed the group enter their area. "Guys? Weird things are going on here."

Burst shot a look at Pinkie before responding. "Tell me about it." Burst then noticed Pinkie snap at Twilight. "Okay. That confirms it. This is a trap. But if we walk out now, that means Discord wins."

"But if we don't, then we're still playing right into his hands!", Ace noted.

Ice clenched his fist in anger! "That creep! He rigged this from the start!"

Twilight noticed the guys complaining, and went over. "Guys? Is the stress getting to you too?"

Burst shook his head. "No Twilight. But we'd better find the others." Burst felt another surge of something within him. "And fast..."

Meanwhile, Rarity was strolling along with Inferno when she hit a wall. Discord smiled as he used his magic to get her to peek at soemthing. Inferno saw Rarity manage to hold off her desire. But she soon caved in and ran towards the direction of the light! "Rarity no!" Inferno grabbed onto her and tried to restrain her! "It's a trap!" However, he couldn't contain her forever, and she ended up digging away at a rock wall to reveal a bigger rock. But thanks to Discord's spell, it looked like a giant diamond to her. What made Inferno's spirit sink was that she began to fawn over it. More so than him. "...This can't be real..." Inferno then noticed the rest of the group come their way after the rock wall collapsed. He then went over to Burst after he noticed the states of Pinkie and Applejack. "So you guys saw what's happening to the girls too?" Inferno noted Rarity's now greedy nature as she snapped at anyone that tried to take her 'diamond'. "Some heroes we are. We're letting our friends get...discorded..left and right!"

"And to top it all off, this is all just a game to him.", Burst said with a scowl. "One he's rigged so that he wins. But now we've got no choice but to keep playing." The group then moved on, but things only got worse. Tyrannus was with Fluttershy, and was carrying her on his back.

"Still a bit scared?", Tyrannus asked.

Fluttershy shook her head. "I feel safe with you Ty." Fluttershy then noticed a few butterflies fly by them. But while Fluttershy was in awe, Tyrannus's instincts were in full gear. There was danger in the air. And he could smell it coming from those insects. "Oh! Maybe I can get them to tell us where the others are!" Fluttershy leaped off of Tyrannus's back and ran in the same direction as the butterflies! Tyrannus immediately gave chase, and found the butterflies speaking to her. Acting on instinct, he instantly tried squishing one between his hands! Fluttershy had no idea, and was only horrified to see the disguised Discord fall to the ground. However, Discord smirked when Fluttershy picked him up.

"If he shows no kindness to others, why bother showing any to him?", the disguised Discord said with a smirk. Fluttershy's color soon muted, and she gazed angrily at Tyrannus.

"You know? I don't know what I saw in a beast like you anyway.", Fluttershy said with a cruel smile. Tyrannus's heart sank.

"You...you don't mean that. You can't...", Tyrannus said with a tremble in his voice. He then noticed the group show up. "This isn't real..", he said as the guys rushed up to him. "It can't be..." Burst couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Twilight?", Burst asked as he approached her.

"What is it Burst?", Twilight asked as she took note of her friends' odd behavior. "Something's up with my friends."

"Twilight, how could you be this stupid?!"

Twilight was dumbfounded. "What are you talking about?!"

"Don't you get it? This was a trap! Discord rigged this so that he could pick off you and the other Elements of Harmony!"

Twilight glared at Burst! "No...no you're wrong! Discord's riddle said twists and turns! This HAS to be the place!"

"Are you serious?!", Burst shot back! "You're really taking the words of a chaos spirit at face value?! Maybe you need to accept the fact that sometimes the obvious choice is the wrong choice!"

"But if we leave now, Discord wins!", Twilight protested.

"I know.", Burst said with a sigh. Another surge of chaotic energy briefly flashed around him. But Burst soon regained his composure. "Look. I'm sorry for snapping at you. But the fact is, Discord wins either way. Right now he's probably gotten to Rainbow Dash and Steel." Burst had no idea how right he was. Discord showed Rainbow Dash a vision of Cloudsdale crumbling. Steel tried to jump in, but Discord bound him in chains!

"Dash, don't do it!", Steel cried out! "If you leave, he wins!" Rainbow Dash couldn't hear Steel as she took back her wings and flew off! "No..." The whole labyrinth collapsed, and everyone soon found each other! Steel was soon freed from his chains and made his way to the guys. Discord then appeared before the group with a triumphant smirk.

"Well, well. Looks like somebody broke the no wings, no magic rule." Discord snapped his fingers, and everyone regained their abilities while the guys regained their Duelist Arms. Burst was furious! "Game's over everyone. You didn't find your precious elements! Looks we're due for a big old storm of chaos!" Discord was about to howl with laughter when a blast knocked him away!

"NEUTRON BLAST!", Burst screamed! As soon as the blast died out, Discord rose with a frown. Burst was seething with rage. "You. You treat everything like a little game to you. And you never once think about how much pain you cause or who you hurt!" An aura of chaotic energy flared up around Burst! "You want chaos Discord?!" The aura then exploded! "LET ME SHOW YOU JUST HOW CHAOTIC I CAN GET!" A blinding flash of light and darkness erupted around Burst! When the light faded, a silhouette could be seen through the cloud of smoke. Discord opened his eyes, and found the light of a blue visor staring furiously at him. When the dust cleared, Burst was standing in a suit of armor that looked like it was radiating chaotic energy! "You made a big mistake exposing me to that chaos energy back at the castle. Even if a being is chaotic, a calm heart can harness that chaos to bring about harmony!" Discord simply stared dumbfounded at the sight before him!

"So you figured out the secret to conquering chaos. Bravo, Burst.", Discord said with a smirk. "I'd love to fight, but I must be-" Discord was cut off as Burst once again slugged him in the face!

"NOW you can leave.", Burst said with a smirk under his helmet.

Discord blinked before smirking. "This day might just be fun after all..."

TO BE CONTINUED!