• Published 13th May 2017
  • 967 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 967

Episode 15: Noble

The train to Ponyville soon came to a stope, and a young man stepped out with little more than a duffle bag and a backpack. "Well, here I am." The young man said with a smile. "Here's to a new life." The young man looked in a mirror to check his appearance. He had grey skin, green eyes, and red and blue hair styled like Jonathan Joestar. His outfit consisted of red and blue sneakers, grey jeans, and a white shirt. "Might as well get to know the place." And with that, the young man set about exploring Ponyville. He then noticed a stray newspaper, and activated his magic to pull it over to him. There he saw a photo of the Elements of Harmony and Elements of Heroism. "Well. Looks like this place isn't devoid of excitement. The Elements seem like a fine lot." He then noticed a crowd heading his way. And from the looks of things, they were going almost full speed! "WHOA!" The young man was so rooted in place he had no time to move! However, someone was there to lend a helping hand.

"I got you!" Ice shouted as he scooped up the young man! "Phew! That was close!"

The young man smiled. "I appreciate the save lad. What's your name?"

"Dark Ice." Ice said with a smile. "But call me Ice please. Who're you?"

"Name's Magnet North. But I prefer North." North said with a smile. "Pleased to meet you lad!"

Ice nodded. "Judging from your accent, you're from out of town. Trottingham, right?"

"Precisely." North said with a nod. "I'm fresh off the train. So would you care to explain just what got that crowd in a frenzy?"

"It's Cider Season at Sweet Apple Acres. And it's opening day to boot!" Ice answered. "They make the best cider around. And people from all over town flock over just to get a taste! Some are even hooked enough to camp in line!"

North chuckled. "Well then! It must be good if people are willing to camp out for it! Wish I could get a look at the place."

"Wish granted! I'm headed there right now!" Ice said with a smile. "I got my bros holding a spot for the three of us! Hold tight!" Ice flew off, and soon landed at Sweet Apple Acres. Landing next to his brothers who were waiting in line. "Hey Shadow! Hi Ace! Sorry it took so long! I got busy saving a new friend from getting trampled! This is North! He's fresh off the train and new in town all the way from Trottingham. North. These are my brothers Ace and Shadow." Ice pointed to each of his brothers respectively.

North smiled. "Hello lads! Pleased to meet you!" North then looked over Ice and his brothers. "Say, you three are part of that Elements of Heroism group, right?"

Ace nodded. "Yup. The others were here earlier, so we'll introduce you later. I take it you're a fan?"

"Not really." North said with a shrug. "But I do admire what you lads are doing. Someone's got to fight the good fight now don't they?"

Shadow beamed. "Yup! That's true!" Shadow then noticed the duffle bag and backpack in North's possession. "Huh. You must have a pretty small place if you're only sticking with that many bags."

North froze. "Um...the truth of the matter is...I don't have a place to stay lads."

"Hmm. We can't take you in." Ace said sadly. "Shadow's using up one of the guest rooms, and Ice has the couch. "

"Don't trouble yourselves lads." North said with a smile. "I'm sure I'll work out a solution. For now? Let's just try to enjoy the cider while it's still flowing." The group smiled and nodded in approval as the line moved on. However, the regular procession of the line when the stand ran out of cider. A strange machine pulled up and two magi were driving it. North observed the display the two salesmen put on. However, he saw how clearly displeased the Apple Family was with the intrusion. Can't let those buggers horn-in on these fine folks. North left his place in line, and went to inspect the machine. Flim and Flam were surprised to see North looking over their contraption.

"Um, excuse me sir?" Flim asked.

"But how might we assist you?" Flam asked.

North finished his overview of the machine and smiled. "Oh, I'm quite alright lads! Just inspecting your contraption. Quite a sight it is." Flim and Flam basked in the praise. "But tell me, do you have a permit to operate this machine?"

Flim froze. "Well...you see..."

"We invented it. But, ah..." Flam began.

North put his hand up for silence. "Ah. I see. You've not got a permit to operate this machine." North then looked to the Apple Family and spoke to Granny Smith. "Tell me ma'am. Did you give these two permission to demonstrate their machine on your property? And if so, are there any documents that prove such a claim?"

Granny Smith frowned. "Ah'll have you know that these whipper-snappers don't have an ounce of our approval! Coming in an' intrudin' on our business without even askin'! And we sure as heck don't want none a' their fancy-schmancy demonstrations!"

North smiled. "Thank you very much miss." North turned to face Flim and Flam. "No permit AND no permission to demonstrate your machine. Well lads, time I tell you who I am. I'm an inspector of sorts. And you two have been in violation of many codes of conduct as of late." Flim and Flam were frozen with horror. "And this madam's statement clearly shows your presence is not wanted. Coupled with your lack of permission and permit, you two are looking at some serious time. However, I'll drop this if you gents would leave. Unless you'd rather be..." North steeled his gaze while still keeping his pleasant smile. "...reported?" Flim and Flam smiled nervously as they got back on their contraption and sped off. North then turned to the gathered line. "Apologies for the disturbance everyone. Please return to your daily routines. And be sure to return tomorrow for first grabs at the cider!" Everyone merely shrugged or nodded as they left.

"Mighty convenient of that inspector ta show up when he did, right?" Apple Bloom asked.

Applejack eyed North carefully. "Yeah. Right." Applejack walked over to North just as the young man was preparing to leave. "Excuse me? Could Ah talk to ya fer a minute?"

"Sure lass." North said with a smile. He took in Applejack's appearance. Her muscular frame was quite appealing to him coupled with her outfit. This lass is a down-to-earth type. I'm liking her already. "So what's on your mind?"

Applejack stared at North before answering. "Yer not really an inspector. Are ya sugarcube?"

North sighed and gave her a small smile. "You've got me lass. I'm no inspector. But how could you tell so easily?"

"Ah'm one of the Elements of Harmony. The Element of Honesty to be specific. Name's Applejack. Also... Ah wanna thank you fer back there." Applejack said with a small smile. "Ah don't approve of lyin', but Ah hate it when people try ta mess with mah family."

"Not a problem lass." North said with a smile. "I just hate it when people try to mess with the lives of others for their own gain. I'm Magnet North. But call me North please."

Applejack smiled. "Nice to meetcha North! Listen, if there's anything Ah can do to repay you, let me know."

"Actually, there is one thing lass." North said with a nervous smile. "I'm new in town, and I've no place to stay. Is there any available space in your home? I won't need much because I've only brought a small amount of items with me. And if there is, I insist on working among you and your family. Wouldn't want to seem like a freeloader."

"Mighty noble of ya sugarcube. As fer room, we got plenty!" Applejack said with a grin.

North smiled, but was surprised when a red and blue aura flowed over him! "Whoa. What in blazed was that?"

"Your awakening." Ice said as he put a hand on North's shoulder. "You've awakened as an Element of Heroism. That means you're one of us now. From sticking your neck out for Applejack's family, I'd say you're the Element of Nobility. We'll introduce you to the guys later. But first, you'd better get settled in. We'll be waiting in the town square."

"Sounds like a plan lads! See you soon!" North headed to the main house in Sweet Apple Acres, and Applejack showed him to the guest room.

"Sorry if it's a bit small." Applejack said with a nervous smile.

North, however, looked quite pleased. "It's perfect lass. Just the right size for me." North then patted his duffle bag. "Plus, I'm not carrying too much with me. So I'll live out of baggage." North got his belongings organized and was about to head to the town square when Applejack stopped him. "Hm? Something the matter Applejack?"

"No." Applejack then leaned down a bit and kissed North on the forehead. "Just wanted to thank you in mah own way for earlier North." Applejack was blushing slightly after the kiss, but her orange skin hid it quite well.

"Once again. Not a problem lass." North said with a smile as he took off to the town square. He found the Elements of Heroism waiting for him. "Afternoon lads!"

Burst stood up and looked North in the eye. "So. You're the new guy. North, right? Ice told me about how you put yourself in the fire by standing by Applejack's family." Burst smiled. "You got guts to back up that nobility. Welcome to the team!"

North smiled. "It was no problem. Burst Stream, right? I've got to say. Both teams of elements look more like groups of friends than teams."

"Well, I guess you could say we're friends first and a team second." Burst said with a smile.

"I also heard you've got some unique tools for the job." North added. "Do all of you have Duelist Arms?

"I don't. I just rely on my fists." Tyrannus answered. "Name's Ty."

"I simply have my sword and ninjitsu techniques." Akage added. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Akage."

North beamed. "Then I guess we're all stuck with our basic skills. I've got my magnetism magic." North flared his magic, and twin auras covered his hands. One red, the other blue. "I can also switch and match the polarities." North then looked to Tyrannus. "I hope you don't mind, but I'd like your help with a demonstration lad." Tyrannus nodded, and got in front of North. "The blue aura is positive and attratcts objects." North highlighted Tyrannus with his left hand's magic aura, and Tyrannus had a blue outline around him as he was pulled towards North. "The red one is negative. Meaning it can repel objects." North flicked his left hand, and the outline around Tyrannus faded. Only to be replaced with a red outline as he was pushed away from North. "I can also apply this magic to physical attacks. Take a swing at me Ty." Tyrannus was put off by North's request, but went along with it. Tyrannus swung at North, and found his body being gravitated towards a kick from North and noticed that North's lower leg was covered in a faint blue magical aura. "That's my attraction magic at work." North's fists had a red magic aura around them. "This is my repulsion magic!" Tyrannus blocked as North's fist struck his arm! Sending him skidding back slightly. "Although, it's pretty hard to send a big guy like you flying! I can also switch which polarity goes to which of my limbs! Pretty neat trick right?"

"North. Twilight would give anything to learn all about your magnetism magic." Burst said with a chuckle. "First? We've gotta head to Sugarcube Corner." North was puzzled as to why they would be heading there, but soon found out when his face was greated with a mass of confetti! "Welcome to Ponyville, North!" North had fun getting to meet with the other guys and girls. He struck an especially interesting conversation with Inferno.

"Wait. You're telling me that YOU. Inferno Flare. Former hottest rockstar in Equestria. PUNCHED Prince Blueblood, Celestia's nephew, in the face?" North asked in disbelief.

Inferno nodded and grinned. "Yup. Slugged him good. Especially after he treated the girl I liked. Saw fit to teach him a lesson he wouldn't forget!"

North nearly bust a gut laughing! "I think I'm going to love this town!" The party soon died down, and North headed for Sweet Apple Acres with Applejack. It was about supper time, and North simply grabbed his food and was about to head for his room.

"Where do ya think yer goin' sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

North blinked. "Oh. Just headed off to my room."

Applejack shook her head. "Uh-uh. Yer livin' and workin' here North. As far as we're concerned, that makes ya part of the family. And we dine together. No exceptions."

A smile slowly crept onto North's face. "In that case, I'd be happy to join you." North grabbed a seat at the table. "So. Any interesting stories about this place?"

Granny Smith chuckled. "Sonny. I could give ya the whole history."

"Do tell." North said with a fond smile. "Might as well learn about my new family while I'm here."