• Published 13th May 2017
  • 968 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 968

Episode 17: Hearts Day

Burst had called the rest of the guys over to his house. "Okay guys. Here's the situation. We need to plan something for our girlfriends for Hearts Day. We're here to help brainstorm ideas for any of us who don't have date or gift ideas."

"I'm taking Rarity out to lunch. That way we can avoid every restaurant being crowded." Inferno said with a nod. "So I'm covered. What about you Steel?"

Steel stroked his chin in thought. "Me? Just chilling with Dash. She's not the mushy type, but there's at least we'll be spending Hearts Day together!"

"Fluttershy plans on snuggling me." Tyrannus said with a shrug. "So I'm covered. What about you Burst?"

Burst smiled. "I'll be taking Celestia out on a date. Heck, she even got a place picked out already!" Burst then looked through his closet. "Good thing I kept that shirt I wore to the gala. I plan to look good for her."

"Well, here's to our plans." Inferno said with a smile before turning to the other guys. "So...what are you all gonna do? Last I checked, you didn't have girlfriends."

"Me, Ice, Shadow, and Fang are gonna be listing the qualities we'd like in a girlfriend." Ace replied. "All over some ice cold root beer."

"I'll be busy with Applejack, lads." North said with a smile. "But I do plan on doing something special for the lass."

Akage nodded. "I'll be doing very much the same with Pinkie."

"I'll be busy selling roses." Venus chimed in. "All the guys in town clamor for them once it gets to be this time of the year. Namely to avoid getting in the dog house with their girlfriends. Fortunately, I won't be too busy to join you and your group Ace. Until tomorrow everyone." And with that, the guys went their separate ways. Each of them eagerly anticipating their Hearts Day plans.


Tyrannus and Fluttershy
Tyrannus woke up the next morning and stretched. He then smiled as he got dressed and ate breakfast before waking up Fluttershy. "Happy Hearts Day Fluttershy."

Fluttershy smiled lovingly at Tyrannus. "You too." She then patted on a spot next to her, and proceeded to simply snuggle against Tyrannus. "You know? You're my first special somebody."

"You too." Tyrannus then wrapped his arms around Fluttershy. "You know? I feel like what the world says about me doesn't matter when you're with me."

"And I feel braver with you around Ty." Fluttershy said as she nuzzled against Tyrannus. Tyrannus smiled as he nuzzled in return. Fluttershy giggled before letting out a fond sigh. "I'm glad we could spend today just like this. Everyone makes such a big deal out of today, but I think it's best we just enjoy spending the day together."

Tyrannus smiled. "There's no one I'd rather be with. My shy little angel." The two simply held each other tightly and enjoyed each other's presence.


Steel and Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash and Steel were holding a movie marathon at Steel's place. "Now THIS is how I'd celebrate today." Rainbow Dash said with a nod. "Gotta admit though. I never thought any guy would have the guts to date me. Much less be my special somebody."

Steel smirked. "They're probably too scared to tell you to their face." Steel then put an arm around her.

Rainbow Dash blushed a little. "That...and I hate looking vulnerable. Truth is, I've wanted a guy who wouldn't be afraid to treat me a little bit sensitively."

Steel smiled and shared a kiss with Rainbow Dash. "You can be as vulnerable as you need to with me." He then pulled Rainbow Dash into a tight hug. "I'll be your shield."

Rainbow Dash let out a chuckle. "Heh! Equal parts awesome and mushy." Rainbow Dash curled up against Steel, and the two then had their eyes glued to the TV screen as a huge explosion took place in the movie.

"AWESOME."


Sugarcube Corner
Ace, Ice, Shadow, Fang, and Venus were sitting at a table. Each of them sipping on a root beer. "Okay." Ace began. "We're here to list off the qualities we're looking for in a girl. I'll start." Ace took a sip from his root beer. "I guess you could say...I'm looking for a girl who's got an upbeat attitude. Kind of like Pinkie." Ace then blushed a little. "Plus, it'd be an added bonus if she was really cute too."

Ice chuckled at Ace's minor embarrassment." Me? I'm looking for a girl who knows how to handle herself. Kind of like Rainbow Dash. That's the kind of girl I'd like to date. One who matches my nature."

"Well in my case, the girl I'd like to be with is one who I get to care for." Shadow said with a smile. "Someone who's got a bit of eagerness to them."

Venus nodded as he took a sip of his root beer. "I'm looking for a girl who can give me a challenge." The other guys shot a confused look at Venus.

"What do you mean by that Venus?" Ace asked. Venus sighed as he set his root beer down, and went over to a group of girls chatting. He smiled and was about to ask them something when the entire group jumped him and clung to him. "Whoa."

"You see what I mean?" Venus asked with a frown. "Have you seen my looks? All I've gotta do is flash a smile at them, and they pounce on me before I even greet them. They assume I'd instantly ask them out." Venus then looked to the girls gripping onto him. "Which I do not intend to do with any of you. I apologize for giving you a false presumption." The ladies sighed and went back to their table. Freeing Venus to get back in his seat. "What I want is a girl I need to work for to gain a relationship. And one that can flirt with me as much as I can charm her."

Fang nodded knowingly. "I know the feel Venus. Me? I'm looking for a girl I need to work at making smile. Not one who instantly squeals at the sight of me and my ears." Fang took a gulp from his root beer. "That way I can get someone to love me over time." As the guys chatted, Akage went over to Pinkie with a single cupcake in his hand.

"Pinkie?" Akage asked.

Pinkie smiled. "Oh, hi Akage! What's up?"

Akage nervously pulled out the cupcake he was holding. "Would you...be my special somebody?" Pinkie was still for a momant before walking over to Akage and pulling him into a tight hug. Akage then noticed a few tears trickling down Pinkie's face. "Pinkie? What's wrong? You're crying."

Pinkie smiled as she wiped the tears. "It's because you asked me to be your special somebody. That makes me so happy. Everyone doesn't date me because they think I'm too childish because of how I act."

Akage smiled as he brushed one of the tears off Pinkie's face. "If you ask me, you act that way because you love what you do. And you take it very seriously. Don't be sad Pinkie. You're much prettier when you're smiling."

"You...think I'm pretty?" Pinkie asked.

Akage blushed! "Well...I think so at least..." Akage was surprised when Pinkie planted a kiss on him! He was silent for a few seconds before smiling once again. "You never cease to surprise me."

Pinkie beamed. "And you keep me smiling."


Sweet Apple Acres
Applejack woke up and stretched. She then caught wind of a scent coming from the kitchen. "What's goin' on this mornin'?" Applejack then saw North making breakfast. "North? What're you doing up this early?"

"Just showing that I care about you lass. Happy Hearts Day!" North said with a smile. "Well, breakfast isn't going to eat itself."

"Heh. Ah'd say you've got the right idea sugarcube." Applejack said with a smile as she dug in.


Inferno and Rarity
"Sorry if this wasn't the romantic moment you were expecting Rarity." Inferno said with a small smile.

"Don't be silly darling." Rarity said with a loving smile. "In fact, I think it was a wise move not choosing to go out for dinner. Chances are every place is going to be packed tonight. Besides, you always make our dates lovely. Of course, you did get me flowers earlier this morning. That was most pleasant to wake up to." The waiter soon came by with their orders. "All that really matters is that I know you treasure me. And it certainly shows every time darling." Rarity leaned in and smiled at Inferno. "Let me show how much I treasure you." Rarity pulled Inferno into a kiss. "I don't think we'll need to worry about dessert. That was very sweet."

Inferno blushed before smiling. "Well, I know my heart's full." Inferno's stomach then grumbled. "Now I need to tend to my stomach!" Inferno and Rarity shared a laugh, and proceeded to enjoy their meal. The two polished off their food, and took a walk to get their stomachs to settle. "You really can feel the love in the air." Inferno said as he and Rarity looked around at all the couples going around.

"I can feel it much closer than the air darling." Rarity said as she placed her head on Inferno's shoulder.

"Really? Where's that?" Inferno asked.

Rarity giggled as she put an ear to Inferno's chest. "Your heart." Rarity then sighed. "I can feel how hot your love burns with each beat." Rarity nuzzled against Inferno's chest with a fond smile. "It feels so warm."

"I can feel it from you too." Inferno said as he wrapped an arm around Rarity. "Happy Hearts Day." The two shared a deep kiss before heading home.


Burst and Celestia
The sun was starting to set, and Burst took a dep breath as he slipped on and buttoned his platinum shirt. Today was his biggest date with Celestia. And it was on the the holiday dedicated to the love between people. And no one held a larger claim on Burst's heart than Celestia. Burst made his way to his fridge and pulled out a small box. "I hope she likes this present." Burst went outside, and flew over to Canterlot. He soon landed at the castle gate, and showed Celestia's letter to him. Burst then found himself at the doors of the throne room, and opened them. The sight he saw made Burst's jaw drop. Celestia was standing before him wearing a red dress and a flirty smile.

"Looks like I've surprised you sunshine." Celestia said with a giggle.

Burst soon found his words. "First time anyone's been able to stun me. Though I suppose that's what I get for staring at the sun." Burst then handed Celestia the small box he'd brought with him. "Happy Hearts Day. I got you something that's about as sweet as you are." Celestia's eyes went wide when she opened the box. "I heard you like chocolate a lot, so I had Pinkie whip up a custom cake for you." Burst didn't expect to nearly be tackled by Celestia and pulled into a passionate kiss. "So I take it you like it?" Burst asked as they broke for air.

Celestia giggled. "Trust me. It's only got me excited for our date. I already made some dinner plans for us. Let's make today one to remember." And with that, Burst and Celestia headed to dinner. "I've waited so long for a moment like this."

"Well, this might just be the first of many." Burst said as he put his hand over Celestia's. "I honestly can't think of a better person to spend this evening with." He then let out a small chuckle. "So many milestones have happened in my life so far. And most of them have been with you. The same woman I made a promise to when I was just a little kid. Who knows? Maybe it was fate that I fell for you." Burst then smiled lovingly at Celestia. "To be honest, how we're together doesn't matter. All that does is that we are."

Celestia smiled lovingly in return. "I couldn't have said it better myself. But we'd better eat our food before it gets cold." The two giggled at how lost in their conversation they'd gotten, and ate. "Dinner was lovely. Wouldn't you agree?"

Burst nodded contently. "I won't lie. That was probably the best steak I've eaten." Burst then held Celestia's hand as they walked. "But I take it you've got more planned?"

Celestia smiled. "I was thinking we could go dancing. That is, if your stomach's all settled."

"I'd be honored Celestia." Burst said with a loving smile. "You want me to fly you there?"

"Only if I get to hold on tightly." Celestia said with a flirty smirk as she grabbed onto Burst before he took off. They soon landed. "Hope you can keep up!" Celestia said with a wink.

Burst smirked. "You know I like a good challenge." And with that, Burst began to dance the night away with Celestia. He was in awe with how much grace she showed when she moved and flowed. Celestia was equally impressed at how Burst was keeping up with her. "I guess fighting battles is kind of like dancing. I just gotta find my flow."

Celestia smiled as she pulled Burst closer to her. "This reminds me of our dance at the gala. Only now I get to hold you closer."

"Anything to get close to you my little princess." Burst said as he and Celestia engaged in a passionate kiss. "So should we head back to the castle? I think that cake would be a sweet ending to today."

"I might as well enjoy your present." Celestia said with a giggle as they left.They soon landed, and sat at a small table that overlooked all of Canterlot. Celestia then got an idea as she cut into her piece of cake. "Burst? Open wide please?"

"Celestia, I'm a grown man!" Burst said as his face went red at what Celestia was implying. However, he relented when he saw the pout she was giving him. "...Fine." Burst opened his mouth, and ate the piece of cake Celestia offered him.

"You look so cute when you're nervous." Celestia said with a giggle. "Well, here's your chance to get me back." Burst reciprocated the gesture, and fed Celestia a piece of his slice. "That was very sweet of you. But I think you've got a little bit of frosting stuck on you."

Burst blinked. "Where?"

"Riiight about here." Celestia said as she pulled Burst into another long kiss. "I love you my sunshine."

Burst smiled as he held Celestia tighter. "I love you too my little princess." And with that, Burst returned to Ponyville. "Well, I know what I'm dreaming about tonight."

Meanwhile, Fang had just returned from his meeting with Ace, Ice, Shadow, and Venus. However, he noticed Narico staring sadly at the night sky. "Hey, what's up Narico?"

Narico sighed. "Just sad. Everyone was going on about how they found someone they care deeply for and love."

"So why's that got you down?" Fang asked.

"Back in the hive, it was said that nobody could love a changeling." Narico answered sadly. "That only our queen loved us. But then why don't I feel the same hunger other changelings felt? Does that mean I'm different?"

Fang put a hand on Narico's shoulder. "Well, I don't know why you're different Narico. But that's not a bad thing. Maybe it means that one day you will find a love." Fang then looked to the night sky. "Maybe tonight Princess Luna will send out a wishing star. It's a magical star that streaks across the sky. It's said that if you make a wish on it, the wish will come true. So why not try it out?"

Narico opened the window, and gasped as he saw a star streak across the sky! He shut his eyes, and silently wished to have a dream about his future love. "Okay. Here's hoping it works!" And with that, Narico went off to bed. Dreaming of his future love. However, he was being watched. Luna smiled at Narico as he dreamed.

"It would seem changelings can love." Luna said with a small smile as she used her magic to link the dreams of Narico's future love. However, another being was using their magic to adjust Narico's age. Nightmare Moon worked stealthily. She'd been practicing dream walking ever since she found herself becoming more solid. Making people's dreams happy seemed to make her feel whole. Neither was aware of the other's presence, and soon left their work alone. In his dream, Narico found that he was older. And among his increased age, other notable features were that his eyes were like a human's and his wings had no tears or holes in them. But what really caught his eye was the beautiful woman who seemed to be staring out at the distance in a field. She had snow white skin, and her hair was black. Her green eyes seemed to shine as the light hit her. She was surprised by Narico's presence, but soon smiled. Narico blinked before going over to her and started talking to her. Both of them seemed to get along pretty well, and admired how beautiful the place was. The woman then smiled at Narico, and almost brought their lips together. It was then that Narico woke up. "Well, that was disappoi-wait." Narico realized his voice sounded deeper, and rushed to a mirror. He promptly screamed upon seeing his reflection. It was the same as how he saw himself in his dream! "AAAAAHHHHHH!"

Narico's screaming woke up Fang! He rushed to the source and was shocked at the sight before him! "Narico?! What the heck happened to you?!"

"I don't know Fang!" Narico panicked. "All I know is that I made a wish on that star last night! Then poof! I'm a grown up now! Maybe I can still change..." Narico focused and a slight green glow came around his horn only to fizzle out. "I...I can't shapeshift anymore!"

Fang took a deep breath. "Okay. Now we NEED to tell the others about this." Fang told the guys and girls about Narico's condition, and informed them that Narico was a changeling. Oddly enough, Twilight seemed the most excited upon seeing Narico who was still clutching his teddy bear.

"This is so amazing! A changeling that doesn't need to feed on love!" Twilight exclaimed as she inspected Narico! "Oh, I can't wait to study him!" Narico on the other hand started to tremble. "Hmm. Wonder why he can't shapeshift now?"

"Sorry Twi. But you're not putting my little brother under a microscope." Fang protested. "Plus, he's a kid trapped in a grown up body. So stop scaring him!" Twilight noticed the frightened look in Narico's eyes, and backed away.

"Soo...does this mean I don't go to school anymore?" Narico asked nervously. "I'm pretty sure the CMC are gonna know something's up if I'm not there."

Applejack chuckled nervously. "About that...." Apple Bloom and the rest of the CMC peeked out from behind Applejack. "They got mighty concerned fer you."

"Wow!" Scootaloo rushed up to Narico. "So that's how you were able to pull that prank on Diamond Tiara! You're cooler than I thought! Oh! Can you change into Rainbow Dash!"

Narico gave a small smile. "Sorry. But whatever made me grow also took away my shapeshifting." Narico then looked over his reflection. "Then again, maybe we can say I'm a reformed changeling and slowly introduce me to the town."

"Hmm. I'll write to the princesses about it." Twilight said with a nod. The group was then surprised when Pinkie scooped Narico up and attempted to carry him off! She wound up blurting Narico's cover story to the whole town! Fortunately, because Narico was so timid, everyone seemed to buy the story and seemed to gradually get more friendly. However, Narico had no idea that he was being watched. Another changeling had been staying out of sight to scope out information on the Elements of Harmony had spotted Narico, and flew off.

"My Queen." The changeling reported. "It would seem there is one of our kind who has made himself known in public."