• Published 13th May 2017
  • 967 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 967

Episode 18: A New Enemy

Narico smiled as he walked around Ponyville. Ever since Pinkie threw him that party, everyone had warmed up to him. Despite the fact that he was a changeling. Narico looked at his reflection in a window. He looked more human than his original form. There were no dents or tears in his wings, he had human eyes instead of the solid pale blue most changelings had, and his horn had become more straight. It also helped that he didn't need to feed on love like the rest of his kind. Looks like there's no need to hide anymore. Narico continued his stroll through town, and spotted Fang hanging outside the cosplay shop. "Hi bro! Slow day?"

"Yup." Fang said with a nod. "Not a whole lot going on today. So, Shadow and I got the day off. Wanna hang with us?"

Narico nodded eagerly. "You bet!" The three set off. Unaware that they were being watched. Narico soon tensed up. "Weird." He shrugged off the feeling, and continued on his way. Fang showed them his favorite thinking spot on the outskirts of Ponyville. "Huh. Nice and quiet. Empty too."

"Perfect for an ambush!" A random person soon disappeared in a flash of green fire, and a changeling stood before them! Soon, a whole squadron of changelings popped out from teleport spells!

"What's going on?!" Fang demanded!

"We'll make it simple human." The changeling commander answered as he pointed to Narico. "Hand over the traitor to us, and we'll be on our way."

Shadow was confused. "What are you talking about? How did Narico betray you?!"

"He left the hive!" One changeling hissed! Another changeling scowled at Narico. "And has defied the will of Queen Chrysalis! He must face punishment!" The other changelings began to chant the word punishment over and over! Fang stepped in front of Narico with a glare at the changelings!

"I don't know how things work in your hive. But here, we take care of our own. No matter how much they turn their backs to us or leave us!" Fang growled! he then summoned his Duelist Arm! Destiny Reaver! "We protect each other!" Shadow then summoned his spear named Celestial Protector!

"And we don't turn our backs on each other!" Shadow added as he and Fang got into fighting stances! The changeling commander simply snapped his fingers, and the other changelings swarmed forth! Shadow slashed at one with Celestial Protector, and was amazed a sparks went off from the area he slashed in! "These guys have pretty thick skin!" Shadow then raised his spear to block a charging changeling!

"That just means we get to hit harder!" Fang shouted as he slashed at any changeling unfortunate enough to attempt a grab at Narico! Fang then held his claw gauntlet out, and the claws shot out! Grappling four changelings in the process! "Hope you enjoy the ride!" Fang spun around! Dragging the changelings he'd caught across the ground before releasing his grapple claws and hurling the changelings as far as he could! But while Fang and Shadow had skill, the changelings had numbers! "Not good! We're getting swarmed!" Fang was starting to show strain from fighting when a blast of lightning struck the changelings swarming him! Once the smoke cleared, Fang saw Burst and Inferno with their blasters at the ready!

"Alright. Who ordered the exterminators?" Burst asked with a winning smile. The changelings hissed at Burst. He just chuckled. "Yo, Inferno? Time for the Burning Bolt Combo?"

Inferno smirked. "Always the time." Both Burst and Inferno charged their blasters, and fired off a combined charged shoot that blazed with fire and crackled with lightning! The changelings that hurled themselves in their direction were either charred or twitching before vanishing in a green blaze! "Looks like they're smart enough to use emergency teleport spells." Inferno then looked to the lone changeling commander. "Well, well. Looks like you're conveniently the last one standing. Burst? You want to shock him? Or can I scorch him?"

The changeling commander sneered. "Don't think I'll go down as easy as those simple drones!" The commander drew a scimitar with a green blade! "Glory to the queen!" The changeling commander charged at Burst and Inferno only to be knocked away by a ball of energy that unleashed an explosive blast of power! Ice then lowered his claymore called Archfiend Dragon's Tenacity.

"I didn't know we had a bug problem." Ice said as he slung his sword across his back. "Too bad you guys had all the fun without me."

Burst chuckled. "We'll be sure to save you some butt to kick next time." Burst the diverted his attention to the changeling commander. "As for our new friend, I've got a few questions to ask..." Burst unsheathed Bahamut Edge, and pointed it at the changeling commander. "Alright dude. I know you're probably not the last changeling we're gonna run into. So what's your game?"

"Looks like the rumors of a male avatar were true." The commander said with a sneer. "The same could be said of your power. We were but the first of many. And soon, we shall have your kingdom! But I suppose I might as well know the name of the greatest obstacle we shall inevitably conquer."

"The name's Burst Stream." Burst's gaze steeled when his whole team was assembled. "And we're the Elements of Heroism. Tell your queen we'll handle her no problem." Burst charged up a shot, and fired it point blank! The damage was great enough to force the changeling commander to emergency teleport back to his hive. Burst gave his blaster a quick spin before holstering it. "Well guys. Looks like our vacation's over. Something tells me things are just getting exciting. Now if we only knew what Queen Chrysalis looked like."


The Changeling Hive
The changeling commander cringed as he clutched his chest. The blast Burst Stream had fired had banged him up pretty badly. So much so that he was almost limping his way to the throne room. Once there, he bowed before his queen. "My queen. We stood no chance against them. They are strong, and their weapons are quite powerful despite being few in number. And their leader is certainly not to be taken lightly."

"Show me." A regal, distorted voice commanded from the throne. The commander nodded, and produced a sphere of magic that was a playback of their battle against the Elements of Heroism. The queen took the orb in her hands, and froze it on the image of Burst. "You've done well commander."

"...My Queen?"

"You've shown me something of great interest." A wicked smile could be felt emanating from the queen. "After all, every queen needs a prospective king. Also..." She then turned to a set of five cocoons. "This is the perfect chance to let those five out to play..."