• Published 13th May 2017
  • 967 Views, 162 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 2 - Bahamut0



The Nightmare Forces have been defeated. However, the work of heroes isn't done yet! New elements of heroism have started to awaken. But a new figure is waiting in the shadows. Who is he? And what's his connection to Burst?

  • ...
4
 162
 967

Episode 14: Changes

Narico woke up with a yawn as he stretched. His horn glowed withe a green light, and he was soon enveloped in a flash of green flame before he assumed his human form. The only difference between it and his true form was that his eyes looked more like a human’s, his horn and wings were absent. “Yup. Perfect.” Narico got changed and headed downstairs where his adoptive big brother, Fang, had made breakfast. “Mornin’ bro!” Narico instantly scarfed down his food before grabbing his backpack. “See you when I get back from school!”

And with that, Narico dashed off to school. He went to his usual desk, and got out his supplies. However, he couldn’t help but notice a group of three girls being picked on by the local bullies. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. One of the times I wish I could scare them with my real self! A small smile then came to Narico’s face. Waiiiiiit.... Narico fcoused his magic into his hands, and generated a new disguise atop his old one. Perfect! Narico tapped Diamond Tiara on the shoulder and hissed right in her face! The two bullies took off screaming and Narico laughed as he dispelled the disguise spell that he had cast on himself! “Pfft! HA HAH HA HA! Did you see the looks on their faces?” Narico smiled. “Nothing like pranking the bullies!”

“Thanks fer the save! Ah’m Apple Bloom! An’ these are mah friends Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.” Apple Bloom greated with a smile. “What’s yer name?”

“Narico.” The disguised changeling then looked at the group. “So why were those two teasing you?”

“It’s because we don’t have our cutie marks yet.” Sweetie Belle said with a sigh.

“But that’s why we’re crusading! So we can get them!” Scootaloo said with a triumphant grin.

Narico smiled. “You seem to be pretty good friends. Mind if I hang out with you? I could use some friends.” The CMC smiled and nodded. “Thanks!”

“Gotta say. That was pretty sweet work with your disguise magic back there!” Sweetie Belle said with a smile. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say it looked real!”

Narico giggled nervously. “Well, I’m just that good!” Narico then spotted Ms. Cherrilee heading to her desk. “But I think this’ll have to wait!” Narico and the CMC hurried to their desks, and started their school day. Soon enough, recess came. Narico was on the swings alone when Scootaloo came over. “Oh. Hi Scoots. What’re you doing here?”

“You’re our friend Narico. Aren’t ya gonna play with us?” Scootaloo asked.

“No one’s ever played with me before.” Narico said with a small smile as he walked over to the remaining CMC to play a game of catch. Sure enough, school came to an end and Narico headed for home. Waving goodbye to the CMC as he ran off to the house he and Fang lived in. “Hi Fang!” Narico greeted as he went inside. “I made three friends today!”

Fang smiled. “That’s great Narico. So any homework today?”

Narico shook his head. “Nope. Finished it all in class.”

“Well then. Next stop: Sugarcube Corner.” Fang said with a grin as he hoisted Narico onto his shoulders. Narico beamed as they made their way over to Sugarcube Corner. “Two rootbeer floats please.” Pinkie nodded and returned with two rootbeer floats in hand. “Thanks Pinkie!”

Narico blinked. “So...what’s with the outing?”

Fang smiled. “I guess you could say it’s because you made three new friends today. But the other is, it’s the end of the week. And the arcade is calling our names tomorrow!”

“Sounds fun!” Narico’s smile soon faded. “You know? I never really had a family. I didn’t know my parents very long, and all the others back in the hive never seemed to show much closeness.” Narico then felt Fang tussling his hair.

“It’s like I told you Narico. Family’s not defined by blood. It’s the people who care about you and love you. You might not have gotten to know your parents, but you’ve got me! Soon, I’ll be able to introduce you to the others too. Whatver family you didn’t have there, you’ve got it here.” Fang said with a smile.

Narico beamed as he hugged Fang tightly. “Thanks Fang.”

Fang smiled. “No problem Narico. Now that float’s not going to finish itself.” And with that, they chugged down their rootbeer floats in almost record time. Both letting out a satisfied belch upon completion.