• Published 24th Mar 2017
  • 185 Views, 0 Comments

S.T.A.R.S. P3 - Jays Cry



Jays is an elite hypogriif who works as an assassin for Celestia. This story follows his journey as leader of team STARS P3 against the forces of evil.

  • ...
 0
 185

Introduction: Welcome S.T.A.R.S. P3

‘Did you think that you could escape that easily Jay!” I squawked in alarm as I was bowled over onto my back leaving my bare belly exposed. I slowly lifted my arms in defeat as Gemini moved his horn,glowing with energy, and poked it into my neck.

“You win I muttered,” barely audible.

“What's that? I couldn’t hear you.”

“I said you win, Gemini!” I sighed before pushing the patchy black and white pony off of me.

“Hey!” Gemini yelped as he was shoved off ,“you could at least be gentle.”

I got to my feet before turning my head back to clean my ruffled feathers. Gemini walked past me before asking, “Hey Jay do you remember the first time we met?” I pulled my attention away from my cleaning as I looked around thoughtfully at the training room.

“Yeah I do,” I respond as admired the fine collection of weapons that hung on the racks. I started to walk towards the door as I said, “Oh, and don’t forget Gemini were meeting with the Royal Guard tonight for dinner along with Luna and Celestia,” and with those last words I walked out the door.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I opened the door of my room with a sigh. The day had been a long and dreary one. I had already done the morning patrol, attended the guard training grounds to see the progress of the new recruits, and spent three hours sparing with my partner Gemini, keeping in mind the fact that dinner was in two hours and I was to attend.

A long satisfied sigh as I flopped over onto my bed. The soft memory foam mattress sank in accommodating for my weight. My eyes started to become heavy as my breathing began to slow. I began to to drift into sleep or at least I was before my door was slammed open.

“Hey Jay you in here?” I swiftly hopped out of bed ready to give a stinging jab to whoever had interrupted his rest. “I swear I sho-” I was caught off once I saw who was at my door.

The pony at the door was none other than my fellow operator and friend Stonerook.” come on now Jay dinners waiting and we don't have all day to wait for you.”

“Wait I thought dinner wasn't till 10:00 and it's only 8:30!”

“Yes while that was the original time the dinner has been moved forward due to un unexpected accident down in ponyville that will need Celestia’s seeing to.” Stonerook paused for a second looking around thoughtfully before asking “did you not get the notification? It was supposed to be sent to every pony attending the event via owl.”

“ How peculiar.” I said before continuing “I guess the owl forgot one pony.”

“Well that's all.” and with those final work Stone closed the door and trotted back down the hall. I spent the next couple of minutes getting dressed and ready before exiting my room and bolting for the Mess Hall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mess Hall was a truly gratifying sight to behold. The vast space was filled with messy tables covered in a wide variety of foods. The place was alight with candles and torches spread throughout the vast room. At the front of the room were too large thrones, one made of obsidian with a white highlight and the other which was slightly taller was the opposite with a marble base with black highlights.

As I walked into the Hall I saw that many of the seats were already completely filled up by the royal and lunar guards along with the princesses many personal operators. After a bit of searching I found a seat next to Gemini who was sitting with a few of the royal guard in the leftmost corner of the room.

“Welcome one and all to this wonderful dinner prepared by the royal staff.” Celestia’s voice boomed across across the cavernous hall.

“Now before we begin to eat first I have announcements to make. The first is I would like to announce the new members of the Royal Guard!” Celestia’s words were met with a massive uproar.

“Now, now, everyone please remain seated and calm,” Luna yelled out trying to calm the crowd but to no avail. With a annoyed sigh Celestia started to list off the names of those who had passed all the test. “LunarFire, Jagger, MidnightRush...etc.”

Once Celestia had finished around 20 out 0f the 50 who had taken the test had passed it which compared to most years was a pretty good number.

“Now, one last thing before we eat.” Celestia's tone had suddenly dropped to an ominous whisper. ”I have come to fear we may be in grave danger.” My ears perked up at this, as I found myself leaning in closer as Celestia continued to speak.

“As of late several ancient and recent evil forces have re-awoken.” The crowd burst into a chaotic uproar at this.

“SILENCE!” Celestia yelled, causing the ponies to once again fall into a dead silence. “In this light, it has come to our attention that in these dark times, something must be done, and we think we have found our solution.”

“We the four Rulers of Equestria have designed an elite team who we genuinely believe can neutralize this threat," Celestia's words were met by a unsteady blanket of silence , ready to be thrown off at the slightest breath.

Luna rose from her throne to stand by her sister as she began to speak. “We have chosen our four most capable operators to form this elite team. These operators are known as Stonerook, Ravenspark, Gemini, and finally, Jayscry!” I was left with my beak hanging agape at the last part as they said my name.

“These four shall form the elite team, S.T.A.R.S. P.3!” The last words were met with a booming cry of support from the guards as they began cheering for the four chosen.

Celestia walked down from the front to where I sat as she shook my hoof and said, “Good luck team captain,” and with that, she was gone, leaving me to wonder how I, a random hippogriff, was going to lead an elite team against the forces of evil.

As Celestia got back to her throne, she turned to the crowd as she bellowed, “Let the feast BEGIN!”



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading everyone and I hope you all liked it!. Your feedback is always welcome!

I plan on making the net chapters longer since I wasn't satisfied with the short length of this one, but whatever.:derpytongue2:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment