• Published 31st Oct 2011
  • 3,126 Views, 26 Comments

My Little Creeper - benger



Fluttershy attempts to befriend a new creature, with disastrous results.

  • ...
5
 26
 3,126

Chapter 5: Reunion

My Little Creeper
By Benger
This was supposed to be a one shot, but then I got a great idea, what if it wasn’t? This fic is essentially a dark comedy, so take it lightly! It doesn’t take itself seriously, so why should you?

Chapter 5: Reunion

A light blue aura enveloped a diamond encrusted hair bush, slowly guiding it through a flowing motley pastel mane. The polished surface, reflected by the vanity mirror, caused Celestia to grimace as she was reminded of how garish it truly was. Her eyes only lingered on the implement for a second before she returned to her sorry appearance. While the princess tended to be a prime example of livelihood and health, her current state could be better described as weak and sickly. Celestia’s abnormally pail cheeks contrasted against the blue tinged puffiness surrounding her eyes and the dark streaks extending down from them. She found momentary enjoyment from the uselessness of the creams and lotions her staff provided, but soon was overtaken again with anguish. Over the past four days Celestia watched her dear Equestria crumble to just a handful of fortified bunkers in a sea of destruction. The wave of death reduced the large population centers such as Manehattan and Fillydelphia to nothing before she was aware of the enemy. The creepers then focused on smaller towns; Trottingham, Hoofington, and Ponyville were obliterated not long after.

“Ponyville” she whispered to herself. Celestia drew on all of her strength to keep from crying again. Twilight had been in Ponyville. I could have warned her, she could have escaped Celestia thought to herself. No, I will not go down this path again.

Ponyville was destroyed 3 days earlier; and Twilight was still missing. The trek to Canterlot took less than a day; considering Twilight had not surfaced yet, she was almost surely dead.

“I must be strong, so my ponies can be strong” Celestia chanted quietly, banishing the thoughts of Twilight Sparkle’s demise. Back in control, she began to weave magic together. Extending from her horn, a shining white film covered her body, only to evaporate seconds later; leaving behind a physically rejuvenated princess.

~~~~

Celestia quickly exited her private chambers; she was already running late. Apparently somepony brought both a dragon and manticore into Canterlot; and the Head Constable wanted to use them as an example to the ever more unruly refugees. Celestia preferred using her power as an angel of mercy, but she understood that at times, justice is required to keep ponies in line. The offenders had been convicted and sentenced earlier that day by the military court that used to reside in Stalliongrad; Celestia was only necessary for the royal appeal that was held as a sacred right.

A crier announced her arrival as Celestia entered the throne room, where the sentencing would be held. She noted how the throne room was mostly unchanged; the majority of her royal advisors and multiple lawyers were present. Celestia’s eyes were drawn to six ponies, standing a ways from the throne. Chained together in just about every way possible, they didn’t look nearly as menacing as the guards that flanked them. Their faces and cutie marks were covered, as was tradition; felons had to request permission to see the Princess.

Celestia sat in her throne and grasped her gavel grasped firmly in telekinesis. She looked over at the Head Constable. He was one of those ponies that didn’t seem to age; he had looked old and worn before he took the post decades ago. He wore dull gray armor that complemented his bluish gray coat and his white mane. He’s a rigid stallion Celestia thought but dependable none the less.

Celestia’s thoughts were banished as the charges were read aloud. “These six ponies have come to beseech Princess Celestia” the crier began. “Each once has been convicted of at least fourteen separate counts in the court of law. They have each been sentenced to the front line in the impending battle”

The prosecuting lawyer smirked in pride over the conviction and sentencing.

The Princess leaned over to speak to the Head Constable. “That sentence is quite harsh; it’s practically certain death.”

The gruff guards pony was tired of this back and forth and simply did not respond

Celestia brought her attention back to the crier just as he finished reading the crimes

“And the pink one has also been convicted of one count of first degree criminal insanity and two counts of escaping legal incarceration.” The crier took a breath before he continued. “Princess Celestia, do you wish to hear these felons’ bid for clemency?” The crier asked with grace.

Celestia did not want to see the faces or know the names of those she was surly going to send to certain death. It only makes my job harder she said to herself; even so, Celestia found herself unable to reject seeing the case. I’m never able to deny an appeal, am i? She thought
.
Reluctantly, Celestia put on the most convincing poker face she could muster. “I will hear the appeal”.

A guards pony stood behind each of the offenders; the burlap sacks covering their faces and cutie marks were removed in unison.

Celestia stood up as her eyes widened, her pupils dilated, and her jaw fell. The one pony Celestia never expected to be seeing now, or ever again for that matter, was standing right before her. Celestia stood frozen as thousands of thoughts vied for her attention until one finally bubbled to the surface.

“My Twilight is alive” she said in a hushed whisper as drops began falling from her eyes.

The magical facade hiding Celestia’s appearance fractured; all the emotions she had worked so hard to keep bottled in the pit of her stomach exploded outwards. The Sun Princess’s face contorted from countless sensations, shedding the last of her illusion as she galloped full speed towards her lost pupil.

~~~~

Seconds after seeing light for the first time in days, Twilight found herself in an embrace that shared many qualities with a tackle. Twilight blinked a few more times trying to get used to the light, but the pony hugging her began bawling before Twilight could see.

“Twilight, Twilight” The Princess said in-between sobs “You, you’re alive! I can’t believe-” Celestia was cut off by a labored sob followed by a deep breath. “I was so scared, I thought I lost you!”

Celestia took another breath, trying to regain some semblance of composure, before bursting out with another round of sobs “Don’t ever do that again! Twilight, promise me you will never scare me like that again!”

Twilight couldn’t help but reciprocate her mentor’s embrace, burying her now teary face in Celestia’s mane. “I promise” she said softly.

Celestia and Twilight tightened their embrace.

~~~~
Intermission
~~~~

The two ponies sat crying in the throne room for many minutes. Once their sobs subsided and they release their hug, they found the room mostly empty. “Where did everypony go?” Twilight asked aloud while wiping tears from her face.

“They left, said somethin’ about givn royalty privacy or sumthin” AJ responded “we kinda couldn’t leave with the whole bein chained to Twilight an’ all.”

Celestia looked over the plethora of chains that connected the six ponies.

“I know it is a little overkill; they did it because Pinkie kept escaping. I told them that if Pinkie wanted to get out, she would get out; they didn’t listen.” Twilight said.

Without a word a light glow emanated from Celestia’s horn; the chains took on the same hue the princess’ horn before exploding into millions of glittery pieces that dissolved before they hit the floor. “I hope that is better” The princess said with a smile.

Rainbow Dash immediately launched off the floor, doing flips and summersaults in the air. “Awwww Ya! You do not know how much I missed flying!” she yelled

“Do a barrel roll Dashie!” Pinkie Pie shouted; stomping her hooves as Rainbow complied.

After watching the impromptu performance, Celestia turned back to her student. “I’m deeply sorry for how you have been treated, you must me tired.” Celestia then turned to the rest of the group “you must all be tired” she said so they could hear.

Rarity was the first to respond. “Well yes, this is by far the longest I have ever gone without a bath, but I am far more worried about my darling sister Sweetie Bell. When we were arrested she was separated from me.”

“Same with Applebloom” Applejack added

“And I think they took that orange one too” Rainbow Dash yelled mid corkscrew.

Celestia didn’t respond verbally, instead her horn lit up with a faint white glow. The Head Constable returned no more than 10 second later. “You called m’lady”

“Yes, I have been told that my student and her party-”

Rainbow quickly covered Pinkie’s mouth in an attempt to avoid an outburst

“-had three fillies with them, where are they now?”

The old pony rolled his eyes and started speaking in a monotone voice. “As is procedure, the fillies were taken to foal services and have been placed in foster care. It will take two-”

The Head Constable’s explanation was cut off by an infuriated Applejack “You placed ma’h lil sister in what?! Me and Big Mac here are all she has left and you put her in FOSTER CARE!”

Big Mac quickly stomped on Applejacks tail in an attempt to contain her.

“I think what Applejack is trying is say is you should bring the three fillies here as quickly as possible” Twilight said to the Constable “Oh, and also can you bring Spike, the baby dragon?”

Instead of responding to Twilight, the Head Constable turned to the Princess “Are you pardoning them? I can’t release the fillies, or the” he gulped “dragon into their custody otherwise”.

“Yes, they are pardoned of all crimes” Celestia responded dismissively “Bring the fillies and Spike here as soon as possible”

The Head constable bowed and began to head out as Pinkie escaped Rainbow’s grasp.

“Don’t forget Fluffy!” she yelled to the Constable. “or Angel!” she added

Celestia turned to the pink party pony. “Who are Angel and Fluffy?”

“Oh, well Angel was Fluttershy’s bunny, and Fluffy is the Manticore.” Pinkie Pie said

“Twilight” Celestia said sternly “You actually brought a manticore into the city! What were you thinking? I assumed this was a case of mistaken identity, but Twilight your guilty?”

Twilight was taken aback by her mentor’s candor “But Fluffy is tame, he saved us! He wouldn’t hurt a parasite, let alone a pony.” The rest of the group nodded in agreement

“That thing is a threat to everypony!” The Head Constable interjected “It took 20 guards to subdue him and five of them are now in the hospital”

“That’s because you attacked him” Twilight shot back “If the guards hadn’t drawn swords in the first place, he wouldn’t have hurt anypony!”

Celestia felt the shouting match was getting them nowhere. “Twilight are you absolutely certain Fluffy can be trusted?” she asked calmly

“Yes” Twilight responded
“OK I trust you, but he will be released under your care” Celestia told her student.

Twilight responded with a nervous look.

Understanding his orders, the Head Constable left. Once he was gone Celestia addressed Twilight and her group. “Hopefully, the rest will arrive shortly.” Celestia said. “As for me, I need to be in a meeting about tactics and strategy about ten minutes ago.” The second she mentioned the ongoing massacre, Twilight could see Celestia’s demeanor harden. “I’m going to leave you in the trusty hand of the palace staff, they will find you accommodations. After you have all rested up you, I would like to invite you to dinner in my private dining hall. Is that acceptable?” They all nodded in unison.

“I will see you then” Celestia said as she exited the throne room, reapplying her illusion spell.

~~~~

“I still cannot believe they put me in a zoo, do you know how boring lizards are?” Spike questioned Twilight for what must have been the eleventy billionth time.

Twilight shook her head; what’s wrong with you Twilight, eleventy billion isn’t a number, Pinkie must be rubbing off.

The last few hours were supposed to be relaxing; Twilight was supposed to take a warm, soothing bath, and then a long nap. She should feel rejuvenated; Celesta did tell her to pamper herself. But instead, she spent the time listening to her loving, adoring, admiring and absolutely aggravating baby dragon.

“I’ll tell you how boring lizards are” Spike said louder than was necessary. “Very! They do nothing, I would know, I tried talking to them. No response. They just blink!”

Spike stopped talking. His face emptied of emotion, his eyes widened, blinking every few seconds in emulator of his recent cage-mates. “Do you know what it is like to get blinked at?” Spike asked Twilight, ending his impression.

Twilight rolled her eyes. She was not surprised with Spike’s unhappiness with his recent imprisonment at the royal zoo.

“And don’t think that being locked up with Gummy made it any easier! Pinkie’s alligator is no better that the rest of those scaily dimwits.”

Don’t remind me Twilight thought. Somehow when the Head Constable returned with Spike, Fluffy, Angel and the three crusaders, he brought Gummy clamped on his tail.

Pinkie was unable to add any insight to Gummy’s presence. “Umm... Wasn’t he always with us?” she responded to Twilights questioning. Under Rainbow Dash’s advice, Twilight abandoned the inquiry.

“It’s just Pinkie being Pinkie” Twilgiht said to herself.

Twilights thoughts wandered back to recent time off. Even with Spike’s constant complaining and Pinkie’s inconsistencies, Twilight did manage feel better. The room was most defiantly nicer than the cold chains and dark dungeons. And the bed, Twilight loved that bed. The pillows are probably filled with Pegasus down she reminisced. Twilight could almost hear the bed calling to her; it was nice to sleep in her old room again.

As if on cue, Spike broke the daydream. “And I don’t even get it, how could they mistake me for a lizard!”

Maybe he’ll stop this once Rarity arrives. Twilight sighed as the two entered Celestia’s private dining hall.

~~~~

In comparison to the scale of the palace’s other rooms, the dining hall was absolutely claustrophobic. It didn’t have the gargantuan heights, the wide open spaces, nor the flashy decorations that were commonplace throughout the castle. Instead the walls were bear, lined with a dark oak trim that matched the long table inhabiting the majority of the room. Even with the more down to earth appearance, the room still came off a regal. Twilight reminisced on many nights spent studying in the room with her mentor, bringing a warm smile to her face.

Fluffy and Angel were already seated, deep in a pantomimic conversation when Spike and Twilight arrived, but it wasn’t long before everypony else began filling in. First Applejack and Big Mac arrived with Applebloom trailing close behind. The trio was followed by Sweetie Belle and Rarity, who had managed to return her mane and coat to their former sheen. A positively ecstatic orange filly hopped in, followed by an amused Rainbow Dash. It seems she is taking good care of Scootaloo Twilight smiled. The last members of the group to arrive were Pinkie Pie and Gummy.

By the time Princess Celestia walked in, everypony was already seated, talking and laughing. Ponies dressed in Tuxedos brought food out only moments after the princess took her seat.

“I hope you don’t mind” The head chef said “We won’t be having the normal six course meal that the palace normally serves”. The main course was placed in front of everypony, a delectable salad for the ponies, steamed carrots for Angel, hay fries and gems for Spike, and imitation meat for both Gummy and Fluffy. “Because of the food shortages Canterlot is facing, unnecessary food has been donated. I hope the meal is satisfactory”

“yesh, ish is delishishs” Rainbow Dash said before swallowing her first bite.

The chef bowed and walked out.

~~~~

While entertaining, the meal was uneventful. The spotlight was passed around as everypony helped tell the story of their recent adventures. After a filling meal and a healthy round of desserts, the table was cleared and Spike was sent to put the three fillies to sleep.

“There is no reason those four should have to hear this.” Celestia pulled out a worn map and spread it over the table. “This is a map of Canterlot and the surrounding area.” The Princess began. “As you are all aware, we are situated on a cliff. There is only one way for the creepers to come up here en-mass, and the trader’s ramp is being demolished as we speak.” Celestia paused so that her words could sink in. “As a fortress, Canterlot is impenetrable.” The Princesses brave face turned sour. “But we will not last a week.”

“Canterlot can only store enough food for 6 days; and that is with proper rationing” Celestia continued. “Quite simply, the spells keeping the creeper horde at bay will fail in another 36 hours. If they cannot be destroyed, our fortifications will not matter. With them populating the lands on the valley floor, we will be completely cut off from food.” Celestia took a breath before continuing. “This task looks slightly easier now that Fluffy has shown they can be killed, although the story of their spontaneous spawning is worrisome.” Celestia surveyed her audience; they were hanging on her every word.

“You have all done more than I could possibly ask for Equestria and suffered so much more than is right. But I beseech you, and ask you to do more.” Celestia looked at the six ponies; each one different and special. No pony hesitated. Just as I thought. Celestia smiled.

Twilight opened her mouth to speak, but Celestia cut her off.

“No Twilight, I am not asking you to use the Elements of Harmony” Celestia said with a chuckle. “Besides, it would be useless. No, you are all very special in your own right; I am asking you to use your talents to aid us.”

Celestia addressed the Mantocore before questions could be asked. “Fluffy, you have already shown you can best a Creeper, I assign you to the palace guard.” At the mention of his name, the manticore’s ears perked up. “You will be our last line of defense, guarding the foals, fillies, and colts unable to fight for themselves”

Fluffy nodded in acceptance of his role.

“Applejack” Celestia said, catching the farm pony by surprise. “I assign you to the Bucking Brigade”

“The what?” Applejack stammered

Celestia smiled and said “Just trust me, it is right up your alley” before turning to face Applejack’s brother

“Big Mac, we have been looking for some good stallions to be lieutenants to guide the maneuvers on the valley floor, are you up to the job?”

The red stallion responded with an exaggerated nod of his head and a concise “Eeyup”

Celestia paused and took a second to look at the four remaining mares.

“Rainbow Dash, I am sure you will be happy. The Wonderbolts have been put in charge of a small areal strike force, and are looking for fast, capable flyers.” Celestia said with a sly look. “Interested?”

Dash’s eyes bulged as she strained to suppress a fan-filly squeal.

“Rarity” The fashionesta’s poise and posture visibly straightened as she was addressed.
“How would you like to lend your expertise with gems to the light cannon teams?”
Rarity’s eyes sparkled with delight. It was well known that many of Equestria’s largest gems were used in the weapons, channeling the magic from a unicorn’s horn into a blinding light.

“Pinkie Pie” Celestia seemed to tense up as she said the name. “Your… unique way of looking at the world leads you to many… creative innovation. I think you could be useful at R&D. Just don’t blow anything up.”

Surprisingly, the pink pony just nodded.

Celestia turned to face her student “And Twilight Sparkle, did you know that nopony alive today is suitably versed in the art of war? It’s not surprising considering there hasn’t been a proper one in far longer then I care to remember. In fact, when I reviewed the Canterlot University records, I was surprised to find that the only pony to even minor in large scale combat tactics in the last two millennia was a one Miss. Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight want to defend her decision. She wanted to tell Celestia that it was a minor interest; one of 27 minors and 14 majors she graduated with. But the princess never gave her a chance.

“Twilight, this actually makes you the single most qualified pony in all of Equestria to lead us into battle. Effective immediately, I am promoting you to General of the Equestrian army.”

Twilight felt like a little filly again, she just managed to stammer out a “wha, what?” as a response.

Princess Celestia just smiled at her student’s confusing before changing her tone, addressing the whole table. “Your assignments have already been notified that you will join them. I suggest you all get to bed; wakeup in the equestrian army is 6:00 AM.”

Celestia frowned as the group began leaving. How can I send these ponies to war? She asked herself

~~~~

As her friends were leaving, the Princess motioned to Twilight to stay.

Twilight immediately broke down. “I, I don’t know if I can do this, General? I don’t know how to be a General! And…”

The Princess quieted Twilight, “Don’t worry” The Princess began, “I will be with you every step of the way.” Celestia nuzzled Twilight.

Twilight nodded, not very sure of herself, but feeling better.

“I would not chose you if I didn’t have the utmost confidence” Celestia said softly. “But there is more I need to tell you.”

Twilight responded by looking up at Celestia, A look that the Princess recognized from the pony’s entrance exam.

“Have you heard of battle Magic?” Celestia asked.

Twilight nodded “I have come across a few references, but as far as I could ever tell, it was lost long ago.”

Celestia smirked. “Not completely lost”

~~~~

Twilight looked out over the balcony. She was honestly impressed with the work they had accomplished in one day. She watched the Pegasi flying overhead and the archers scurrying across the ramparts.

“I just hope we are ready” She said aloud

“I think we are” Celestia responded.

Twilight tried to smile.

She was standing with her beloved mentor on the highest point in Canter. She could see across the plains where ponies were working, each a gear or cog in Equestria’s war machine. My war machine she thought. She was not sure how she felt about that.

Twilight was wearing silver armor that looked as if it reflected the moon; Celestia had given it to her the night of their dinner. “I want you to wear this” Celestia told her. “Long ago, when Luna and I were fillies, she wore this into battle. It’s not normal armor. See the etching?” Twilight nodded “Those markings will help you tap into your own powers; you can use the whole piece as an implement of your magic. No longer will you be restricted to just your horn.” At first the explanation was unnerving, but there was no question, the armor really did work.

Twilight focused her gaze out on the horizon. She could just barely make out a rainbow barreling toward Canterlot. She knew what I meant. It was the areal force signaling the approach of the enemy.

“Now is the time, in the lull before battle, when the general customarily speaks to her troops.” Celestia said in Twilights ear.

“Do I have too?” Twilight pleaded

Celestia gave her a stern but loving look.

Twilight gulped.

She ignited her horn, amplifying her voice, as she began to speak.

“Um, hi” She giggled nervously. Her voice boomed across the city. “I’m uh, General Twilight Sparkle and uh” Twilight looked around. She needed something to say, something that would inspire them.

“Tell them how you got here” Celestia whispered

“I had a friend” Twilight began. “A best friend” she looked over at Celestia, who smiled back.

“One of the best friends a pony could have ever had.” Twilight took a difficult breath.

“Six days ago something happened. She approached a creature did not know, tried to befriend it in an act of kindness and became a victim, the first victim.” Twilight’s confidence was returning. “She died because she was kind to something that can never understand kindness.”

As she paused, Twilight realized that the only sound for miles was her voice.

“Fluttershy may be gone, but she is not forgotten. She is not forgotten because we are still here. These monsters have taken so much; friends families, livelihoods. They destroyed whole towns and cities in their wake. Young or old, Mare or stallion, filly or colt; the things don’t care, they live to destroy and honestly, they have taken more then we I can bare. If they are stopped now, if we are able to stop them now, maybe our great-grandchildren will see an Equestria not obviously ravaged by war.

Twilight took a breath, her speech was becoming depressing.

If we don’t fight, if we don’t win, not even our great grandchildren will get that chance. We are standing our ground for our future; because we have something to live for. Because without us to remember, nopony will know that we ever existed.”

Twilight paused to dry her watering eyes.

“We are here for Equestria, for Canterlot, for those who have fallen and cannot stand beside us, and for those who have not yet had the chance“
Twilight could hear cheering welling up all around her.

“We are here for hope!”

“For the past!”

“For the future!”

At this point Twilight did not know what to say, so she said the first thing that came to her mind.

“For Fluttershy!”

Suddenly a wall of sound hit her, a single thought of thousands of voices all repeating her words back at her; coming in every pitch from every direction.

Yet the words were perfectly clear.

“FOR FLUTTERSHY!”

As the cacophony subsided, cheering could be heard throughout the capital city

Twilight’s horn relinquished its glow.

“For Fluttershy” Twilight whispered as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Author’s Notes

Sorry this took a while, writing this chapter was hard. I originally planed on having pinkie break the group out of jail (that did not work well). It took a while to figure out how I wanted to continue it. Also, I know then ending is kinda cheesy, don’t complain.
The "My Little Creeper" image is by sonderjen (sonderjen.deviantart.com/) and is used with his permission
I do not own My little Pony, any of the characters, or Minecraft. Please support the official releases.

Comments ( 6 )
#1 · Aug 30th, 2011 · · ·

FOR FLUTTERSHY!!!!

I am grinning so hard right now. It's an epic idea, and you have a smattering of spelling and grammatical errors, but eff it. I love the hell out of this fic. :D

For Fluttershy, man.

i will play minecraft again.....

:yay:FOR FLUTTERSHY!

needs moar updatez

I'm waiting.

1523
AN OBLIVION REF? WHERE?!

Login or register to comment