• Published 8th Mar 2017
  • 594 Views, 2 Comments

What the frick!?! "The book" - Cool writer



A side story to "what the frick" centering around a mysterious book and the secrets it holds.

  • ...
 2
 594

Beware the journals

We (Twilight Bonbon, Jake, Lacey, Lyra, and I) sat around at the table, sitting around the tattered old journal, a book of ciphers and cryptograms next to it. I cracked my neck, and opened the book. I flipped open to the ribbon marked page and began to read,


My search for The Author has been less than fruitful. Everywhere I go, he's always gone just before I'm there. I see all the things he does, all the creatures he saves, and I feel like I know him better than myself (and in some aspects I do,) but I've never even met him. It's frustrating, being so close, but having it just out of reach. The transvectional-trimensional locator, and my attempts at improving my sonic-probe are failures, rendering my efforts at tracking him impossible. The pxowlyhuvh is massive, even infinite! I've been able to find the a cluster I dub "Equus" (for obvious reasons) but I don't know which one he's in... but I do know one thing: 12-25-18-1 is the key. I have encoded her name in the event of a potential enimy finding this book. But if I find her, I can find him.

DAY 374

Still nothing. I find myself growing frustrated with my search, I'm thinking of taking a break...

DAY 375

I have decided to take a vacation. With my luck this will be the day I find him, the day I'm not looking. I'm not sure where to go... I can't go home (see journal 1), so I think I'll go to a new dlorw in the Equus cluster. It's surprising how much of the Equus cluster overlaps with the Humanus cluster (see journal 1)... does this mean that Equus was spawned from earth??? It will take some research to confirm, but I'll have time for that after I find him. But that will come after I relax. I'm thinking of observing a world where Equus and Earth overlap. It should be fun! I mean, it's only { (tear in page) }... what could go wrong?

Day 378

Everything. Everything can go wrong. Today, I ran into some teen turned pony... and 12-25-18-1!!! But, unfortunately, she wasn't the right 12-25-18-1. Just another obsessive alternate version. It turns out that I'd read the events of this place before, meaning that an old theory of mine was correct, but of course I already knew that. Any ways, it was fun to observe the events unfolding before me. Unfortunately I left before It was complete, so I wasn't able to anticipate a kidnapping! I tried to stop it and save them, and was close to successful, but unfortunately my thirst for justice overtook me when I should have let them leave, causing us to be captured. Luckily, I had a trick up my sleeve, which they had forgotten to check! I was able to return via vortex manipulator with only the impression of the but of a gun on my face. I've been watching them, and they were able to escape their captors before I could even come up with a plan to save them! If there's one thing all 12-25-18-1's have in common, it's that they're all clever, and have some propensity at transformation spells.

Day 379

I can't believe it but they followed me! I don't even know how! Somehow, they've made it to Ponyville, I believe with the help of a certain sun princess... despite the misconception, alicorns most certainly are NOT GODS , and I would very much appreciate it if they'd stop acting like it. Oh, hold on, someone's at the door.


"That's it." I said.

"WHAT?!?" Lyra practically shrieked. "That can't be it. Who was at the door? Who's The Author, AND WHO THE BUCK IS 12-25-50-WHATEVER!?!" Jake made an exasperated "come on!" gesture.

"Are you KIDDING ME?!?" Jake asked. "I knew ponies were dumb, but COME ON! It's so obvi-OOF!" he was silenced by a punch to the gut from Bon bon.

"Why don't you tell us." She said, I'm pretty sure you can imagine the passive aggressive nature of her voice.

"Lyra!" Jake cowered. "He said he met a human turned pony and 12-12... whatever, ruling out Emma, and Emma is the only person with someone else that came with them over, so then it must be..." He said, motioning for us to finish the thought.

"So that leaves only Lyra." I said.

"But that doesn't make any sense!" Lyra exclaimed. "I don't know who this 'Author' is, and what does he mean 'not the right one'? And why does he call me 12-2-3-4?"

"I know that one!" Twilight chirped. "It's the A1Z26 cipher, where every letter is replaced with it's numerical place in the alphabet, so 'a' is 1, and 'z' is 26. So if you count it out, 12 is... 'L'... 12 is 'y,' 18 is r, and like I said earlier 1 is 'a'." Twilight explained.

"Great, we've only read one page and we have more questions than when we started!" I groaned, hitting my head on the table. Lyra followed suit.

"So..." Lyra said. Lacey walked into the room.

"I'm board!" She announced.

"Ohthankgod." Jake exhaled.

"I don't think I can take much more of just sitting here doing nothing." He said, trotting over to Lacey. "Come on, let's go do something!"

"I'm game." Lyra said, following him.

"Wha...?" I asked, exasperated. "Don't you wanna help me figure this out?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Now that we have the answers right there, it doesn't seem that important to me. We'll figure it out." She patted me on the shoulder. "Now come on, let's go have some fun, for once." I groaned,

"Fiiiiine..."

Comments ( 1 )

(Twilight, (—— Bonbon, Jake, Lacey, Lyra, and I)

Login or register to comment