• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 579 Views, 6 Comments

Elegantly Hollow - Pand_monium



Fluttershy is a creature that cannot feel anything, Twilight is send to her house to help her

  • ...
 6
 579

First day

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long XD
Life happened and I'm also writing another story that is mostly comedy so I think you'll like it :3
anyway, HERE'S THE SECOND CHAPTER OF ELEGANTLY HOLLOW!

BTW There is a Wicked reference here that references how the book will end if you don't want to know don't read that part, it's the library part, but you probably know how it ends so yeah X3

"Fluttershy, this is Twilight, she came here to help you" Twilight walked in and saw a yellow pegasus looking at her, not too bitterly, but not so softly either.
Oh boy, this is going to be a long journey she thought

Fluttershy observed the purple unicorn carefully, she came closer to her, her left wing stroked trough Twilight's mane, Fluttershy turned around "Mother, what should I do with it?" she asked her mother, who was looking at Twilight in disgust.

Twilight was looking Fluer in the eyes, her big purple eyes, full of hatered and loathing.
Twilight gulped hard.

Fleur turned to her husband "who is this?" she asked angerly.
"I'm Twilight Sparkle, nice to meet you" Twilight said with a little bow.

Fleur was disgusted "What is it doing here?" she asked.
"W-well, she's here to help our dear Fluttershy, of course." Fancy said.

Fleur put a fake smile on her face and walked away gracefully.
Twilight looked at the fancy stallion.
"You can go to your room, your dear. Fluttershy will show you where it is, right Fluttershy?" he said politely, fluttershy looked at him and nodded.
"This way" she said and started to walk upstairs.

"...So, um..You're Fluttershy correct?" Twilight aksed politely.
"Correct, and you're a pony who came here to cause trouble, correct?" Fluttershy said bitterly.
Twilight stopped for a moment, "N-no, who told you that?"
"I figured" Fluttershy said bluntly.
"Well, no, I'm here to he-"
"Here's your room" she said, as she dropped Twilight's bags and went out.
"Tha-" Twilight was cut off by the sound of doors closing "-nk you" she whispered as she looked to the floor.

A tear fell from her eye, she remembered all the ponies she had helped, all the happy smiles and waves she recived at the end, but this, the mare she was supposed to help, she looked unfixable, like glass broken into million pieces, like a popped bubble.
She feared the worst, this poor mare is going to live the rest of her life like this, 'no' she thought 'I'm not going to give up until she's alright!', she took a deep breath and raised her head, she decided to start off normaly, just like she's the roommate of the mare.

She looked around the room, it was a dull green colour with a bit of light pink in it, she went to her bed and put her bags on it. She set beside them, she sighed and threw herself onto the bed, she turned on her left hip and closed her eyes, she needed some rest.

She soon fell asleep and dreamt about freedom. She dreamt how she didn't have this job.
She dreamt that she had friends, but not just any friends, she dreamt that she and her friends were famous elements of harmony, she was always facinated by elements of harmony and always day-dreamed to have possesed such power.

After a 3 hour nap she got out of the bed and went downstairs, she wanted to explore the place she is going to be living in for a while.
She was going down the steps when she heard voices from, what she assumed was, Fluttershy's room.

"Who is she, mother?" She heard a soft voice

"Your father brought her here, she can't be trusted, he wants to seperate us!"

There was a gasp.

"That won't happen, will it?"

"Of course not."

there was silence for few seconds

"You know what dear? Befriend a little unicorn"

"But, why mother?"

"Don't cut me off" The voice hissed

"My apologies"

"Befriend that little pest and then when she trusts you, break her heart!"

"Bu-"

"Shhhh, honey, you are going to do that because I'm the only one you can trust ok?"

"Yes, mother"

Twilight's eyes widend, she never thought this could be possible, now she understands why the yellow mare is like this.
She gasped at the sounds of hoofsteps coming from the room, she quickly used her magic to teleport, she teleported to the gurdens.
She was gasping for air, she put a hoof to her chest and exhaled in relief "I-I can't believe that Miss Lis would do somehing like this to her daughter" she said, still shocked from what she heard.
She frowned, "she wants a broken heart? She's going to get a broken heart, but not mine"

After a nice walk, that lasted around fifteen minutes, she went back inside.
While walking she stumbled on Fleur and gave her a fake smile, which Fleur returned just as fakely "I can't believe that a poor mare needs to have you as a parent" Twilight murmured.

She got to the kitchen, Fluttershy was at the table just looking at a spoon, her eyes were glassy, like she had been crying, but that's not possible thought Twilight, if she can't feel anything she can't feel sad, right? Well, she's about to find out.

"Hello" Twilight said with a friendly voice.

Fluttershy looked at her "Greetings to you too, Twilight Sparkle" she said in a most emotionless voice Twilight ever heard.

"um...how are you?"

"good, I suppose" Fluttershy replied.

"well, um...ok" Twilight said, going to sit next to the yellow mare.

"We're having a turkey today" Fancy said

"Oh, actually I'm vegetarian" Twilight said politely

"Don't worry dear, Fluttershy is too" Fancy assured.

After dinner Fluttershy excused herself to go to the library.

Few minutes after Twilight went to library herself and caught Fluttershy reading a book called 'Wicked: The Life And Times Of Wicked Queen Of The West' it looked like she was at the end of the book.

Fluttershy read the last page of the book

And the Queen? In the life of a Queen, there is no after, in the ever after of a Queen, there is no happily; in the story of a Queen, there is no afterword. Of that part that is beyond the life story, beyond the story of life, there is-alas, or perhaps thank mercy-no telling. She was dead, dead and gone, and all that was left of her was the carapace of her reputation for mailce.

"And there the wicked old Queen stayed for a good long time."
"And did she ever come out?"
"Not yet"

She closed her book and their eyes met, Fluttershy's emotionless eyes met with Twilight's sparkly ones.
Fluttershy wanted to get out of the library but Twilight shut the door with her magic angerly, Fluttershy looked at the purple unicorn.

"What happened this afternoon?"

Comments ( 4 )

How is this story partly inspired by Great Expectations?

7860657 Pip and Estella meet when he is brought to Miss Havisham's ill-kept mansion, Satis House, ostensibly to satisfy the elder Miss Havisham's "sick fancy" to be entertained by watching Pip and Estella play together. It is later revealed that her desire is to have his heart broken by Estella.

I changed it up a bit, instead of coming to play with Fluttershy, Twilight came to help her.
Miss Havisham's character I put as Fleur, she wants Fluttershy to break Twilight's heart :)

I wonder if this an omen- you actually published this on my birthday.:pinkiegasp:

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I really, really love the concept that you're going on with this. It's so unique and the setup is really nice. Really loving the setup with Fluttershy & Twilight too with this & am curious to see how it plays out with them as also with the backstory set up with what's going on between Fluttershy & her mother. Honestly the whole concept of not being capable of having emotions is great and you're really able to pull off that offsetting, uncomfortable and creepy kind of feeling. Definitely am looking forward to it if you ever decide to work on it more! You do what you need to do but I will definitely be following this! I'd also would be happy to proof-read it if you'd like. Regardless, I like this concept and even if it either doesn't update or takes a while I still love the unique concept with this!! Hope you're doing well! :heart:

Login or register to comment